VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought the one in the twitter pic did have an angle at the back, goes to show what I know! lol And tbh how many times have we been here before, scrutinizing the small details of photos and in the end it was pointless misinformation. Not saying this isn't but kwim?

Many many times. And we'll no doubt do it many many more times. :)

The blue minivan in the twitter picture is not a Dodge Caravan, according to Mr.Mountain Kat. He has a great eye due to his profession. Dodge Caravan's angle at the back...this mini-van has a straight edge.

JMMKO
ETA: Of course, we don't know that the vehicle seen leaving the Franklin house actually WAS a Dodge Caravan...just that a witness SAID that it was.

Good point.

The witness could have said "like a Dodge Caravan". IMO thats probably the most well known minivan out there.

And lets be honest, minivans arent exactly the type of vehicle that gets car enthusiasts blood pumping to begin with.

Conversely, I could name probably 95 percent of the sports cars out there by tail lights alone.

Good point.

The witness could have said "like a Dodge Caravan". IMO thats probably the most well known minivan out there.

And lets be honest, minivans arent exactly the type of vehicle that gets car enthusiasts blood pumping to begin with.

Conversely, I could name probably 95 percent of the sports cars out there by tail lights alone.

That, and eyewitness accounts are very iffy, and this Dodge Caravan sighting came to us second hand. Brian Potts didn't actually see it, from what I understand, he was telling us what someone else said they saw.

Did WH go fishing on March 18?

Zach said she went above and beyond cleaning the house, and she left in a hurry. I think whatever happened, happened in the house. Zach said she left in a hurry. Someone was cleaning up the crime scene.

I think she was dumped close by and then on Wesley's fishing trip he moved her.

Back to the black van, who's is it?

I agree!
If he does not have to report to the office to get his truck and leaves from home im sure he has been told where to go.
I think he was late reporting for his after lunch job. and the ppl called and wanted to know where he was

Kinda makes you wonder where the after lunch job was at too.

I actually thought the one in the twitter pic did have an angle at the back, goes to show what I know! lol And tbh how many times have we been here before, scrutinizing the small details of photos and in the end it was pointless misinformation. Not saying this isn't but kwim?

Oh, the infamous old, beat-up, grey pickup truck in the Beverly Carter case. Only to find out that they were on to the perp early on because his car (little black one) and description had him pegged. No law enforcement mention of a grey pickup. Only a witness. ????

That, and eyewitness accounts are very iffy, and this Dodge Caravan sighting came to us second hand. Brian Potts didn't actually see it, from what I understand, he was telling us what someone else said they saw.

You are right. So its weird how definitive the person was about a Dodge since he was told this by some body else. It would just be better to say dark colored van.

Can you elaborate a little please? Why do we think AJ's or WH's cell phone pinged March 3 at the IOW pond? tia

Also, remember, we are fairly certain that her cell phone (wh cell phone? definitely a cell phone) pinged at the IOW pond on March 3rd... So, someone was out that way very early on. Guess it could have been WH's cell going to/from work? Does anyone remember which days he says he was working out of town?

Kinda makes you wonder where the after lunch job was at too.

I cant find that quote you originally posted... but thats what I was thinking. Any time I have a work person at my house, they radio into the main call center and tell them they are done and the estimated time to go to the next place. It seems like they get lots of checkins while they are here about how much longer, etc. I am sure they pack in as much as they can in a work day and run a tight schedule. 15 or 30 minutes probably would make someone get upset, even if it wasn't in actual person. If you are "reporting" to your next job location, its an issue.

I agree about eyewitness accounts - it's kind of like a roll of the dice.

FWIW, here are a couple of posts from yesterday:

Here is a link to the actual witness who saw the dark van at the Smiths Ferry Rd house speaking about the night he spotted it. Not Potts. It's about 1:20 into the video here:

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...s-at-home-where-human-remains-found/25573359/

(Snipped from article)

Patrick Gallagher lives next door. He says three or four weeks ago, he saw a dark colored Dodge Caravan pull into the driveway and carport.

"I wish I would have just listened to (my) gut and went back the next day or something," he said.

And here's what the witness said in the video:

"'...08 to 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, um, it was black or dark blue in color like I said. And, I mean, it was a nice vehicle, and that's another thing, I mean, if you notice the area around here we don't really have a lot of nice vehicles and it was kind of out of place in that, that fact as well.

The closer we got like the more urgent he became and, or whoever it was became, and, um, they pulled around behind the house and then when we got up to our turn and I looked back, he had already shut the lights off..."

Hi all,
Does anyone know if WH had any injuries? Could he have stepped on a rusty nail, injured himself or something while out there, overgrown grass, possible wood debris with nails etc. I am hoping he left some evidence behind. His estranged wife JH stated, he was out in Franklin often with the plumbing company he worked for. He knew the area well. Has the exact color and make of the van been confirmed? At night without lights, a dark green maroon, brown, darker shades of gray, blue etc. can look black without light. Especially from a distance. Did anyone at the motel have a dark colored van, that WH could have borrowed or stole? just some thoughts....

I missed it where JH has said anything about wh. When did she say this? Thanks in advance.

OK Pirate Girl, I can agree with most of what you have posted. The only thing I don't think happened was any accomplice work. The reason I can't get on board with that is because I think everyone here is too focused on the witnesses timelines. When someone says a couple of weeks ago, it could mean 3 - 4 weeks, and if someone says about 3 - 4 weeks ago, that could totally mean 5 weeks. Unlike WH, I can't remember dates and I feel the vast majority of people can't either... especially when they don't know that they are going to have to recall these dates at a later time.
So, I think FindHG and TealGrove are pretty spot on. In my opinion, EVERYTHING was planted before a mp report was filed. I think yes... LE found a phone in the pond because, as you mentioned, they only searched a small portion of the pond and didn't return. I also want to address some things people have questioned. The tall grass is very common out there, as I used to do home inspections in that area and once it overgrows, it doesn't die. It is not really grass but hard sticks and weeds. Also, WH did NOT confess because news reports say that he "maintains his innocence". Also, LE says they have no suspects at this time. I believe the whole reason LE has said no foul play and no suspects is because they have almost everything they need for a conviction, but want a super solid case before making an arrest. Also, they may think there is an accomplice, so yes, at this point that person would be a flight risk if LE said anything. It is still an investigation, so they can't say much, especially to family members or friends who they think may have something to do with this or something they aren't saying.
In any case, IMO, sometime between Mon. and Tues. or before, all "found" evidence by WH had already been planted. I mean, come on... that makes sense. Timelines were wrong and WH was out there in work truck making sure the phone would ping near the pond and then out there dropping a body at night in Franklin. I think people are looking too much into his boss and time he got back to work. He knew what he was doing, IMO.

Thank you, jennipow. Somehow, you make perfect sense to me, let's hope we're both not wishful thinking.

Oh, the infamous old, beat-up, grey pickup truck in the Beverly Carter case. Only to find out that they were on to the perp early on because his car (little black one) and description had him pegged. No law enforcement mention of a grey pickup. Only a witness. ????

And the black car on CCTV in Alanna Gallaghers case, had nothing to do with it in the end. Yet IIRC some, including myself were sure we could even see a little girls face in the back! I stared at that car for days, I was cross eyed!

The blue minivan in the twitter picture is not a Dodge Caravan, according to Mr.Mountain Kat. He has a great eye due to his profession. Dodge Caravan's angle at the back...this mini-van has a straight edge.

JMMKO

ETA: Of course, we don't know that the vehicle seen leaving the Franklin house actually WAS a Dodge Caravan...just that a witness SAID that it was.

I Respectfully disagree that it's not a dodge caravan.
Here is a 2012...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 253
I just wanted to say that Norfolk library allows you to take out a book for 3 weeks before you have to renew. That 3 weeks always zips by and i always forget to renew my books because it feels more like 2 weeks to me.

What I'm getting at is I think it's extremely likely witness timeline is just a couple weeks off.

I agree about eyewitness accounts - it's kind of like a roll of the dice.

FWIW, here are a couple of posts from yesterday:

And here's what the witness said in the video:

"'...08 to 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, um, it was black or dark blue in color like I said. And, I mean, it was a nice vehicle, and that's another thing, I mean, if you notice the area around here we don't really have a lot of nice vehicles and it was kind of out of place in that, that fact as well.

The closer we got like the more urgent he became and, or whoever it was became, and, um, they pulled around behind the house and then when we got up to our turn and I looked back, he had already shut the lights off..."

So why not check it out the next day. Since it was so odd.

I can't imagine that they didn't have some sort of GPS tracker on their company vehicles. When they were at the pond I wondered if vehicle GPS records led them there, particularly because they were asking if the Quality Plumbing van was seen in the area. I share your skepticism about the boss "reaming him out." The only way I could see that is if he was supposed to be at a certain customer's at a certain time and the customer called the company to say he wasn't there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Yeah I think this company (being a smaller company) probably had gps tracking on their trucks. My daughter works for a construction company and they have a tracking system on their trucks. It's called Fleetmatics and it's really neat because she can pull up each truck and watch it driving down the road in real-time or go back and retrace it's route for any day of the week, she can set speed limit notifications to be notified if they are speeding. They tried to keep the gps installation a secret from the workers but after drivers kept getting busted for speeding or not being where they were supposed to be and the secret was out. lol.
(Thanks. My husband was standing there talking to me and had a massive heart attack and there was nothing I could do. I tried to save him. He was 52)

I agree FindHG. I hope we are correct, kind of. No matter how much I try to think of a different scenario, all of the things I know about WH won't let me. It's just that I can't find motive. Someone mentioned before that the motive was that AJ was just young and pretty. OK, I get it, but it seems to me that it was something else.

This would be the dance of the false prophets, I think that's what makes it so hard, the way things swing back and forth. Thank you. It's good to remember that she has only been identified so far and LE has yet to report who owns the Caravan, or if they know, or anything other than AJ was found in tall grass in back of the house.

If Hadsell were setting it up that he she was being held against her will, she died escaping, and was left there in a hurry, what sort of markers for that kind of scenario would there be on the scene possibly?

What follows is simply and opinion based on evidence as well as inferences so please take it as just that.
DH and I are going back and forth, but he believes she was killed at the hotel room (there is more to it but out of respect for the family and friends who knew and loved her, I won't post it)...I am not sure if she was ever in the hotel room. After her killed her, he then contacted a trusted, very close guy to help him. She was a small girl so I am not sure there would have been much of a struggle (although she was a strong young lady due to her apparent spunk and athleticism). She was moved to the house (where she was found) via vehicle (probably either work van or a borrowed dark van - will know more once GPS records come out) and he left her in a shallow grave or something to that effect because there is no way she was left out for several weeks being that the house is in the country with woods and its inhabitants around...she would not have still be there, if that has been the case.

Can you elaborate a little please? Why do we think AJ's or WH's cell phone pinged March 3 at the IOW pond? tia

When LE searched the pond at IOW they told locals that they were investigating because a phone pinged there. They said it was on March 3rd and asked the neighbors if they had seen anything that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413