VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he seem like the type of guy to know what a emoji is? When he says that she sent him a emoji; I was thinking what is that. Then someone explained what it was. Then I noticed them on my daughters phone.

But I think he had her phone while sending the emojis and it stuck in his head.

I would have just said she sent me a smiley face thing or something. Idk.

Especially since it took him 3 hours or so to google go pro

Please see the bold notated, this always bothered me in this interview.

Les: Right now Angelica Hadsell's adoptive father, Wesley Hadsell, is sitting in jail on charges connected to AJ's disappearance.
Speaker 2: News Channel 3's Nadeen Yanes spoke to Hadsell's sister who says she is losing faith that he's involved. She is live in our control room with more.
Les: Nadeen, you just spoke with her over the phone right?
Nadeen: I did Les. Wendy Stokes told me just a few hours ago that she had blinders on when it came to her brother, Wesley. For weeks now, she supported him adamant that he would never hurt AJ, but as her brother sits in jail and the story continues to develop up until today when a body was found, she says her trust in her brother is fading away.
Wendy: Of course I'm not judge and I'm not jury. I'm not saying that he's guilty and I'm not saying he's innocent. But it's really hard to have faith in someone when they can't be honest.
Nadeen: Just hours after human remains were found during a search for 18 year old Angelica Hadsell, Wendy Stokes tells me she's giving up on her brother, Wesley Hadsell.
Wendy: My throat hit my stomach when they said there was a body found. I'm trying to keep everything I need to hope that it's not her.
Nadeen: Do you have a gut feeling that this is AJ?
Wendy: I don't know. I just know that my brother had told me he worked in Franklin.
Nadeen: Hadsell who already has a long history of felonies is in jail right now facing several more felonies connected to AJ's disappearance including breaking and entering and obstruction. Since his arrest, Wendy says she's had her brother's back. Believed him when he says he was just trying to find his daughter. That was until today.
Wendy: I've always had faith in my brother. No matter what. Every time he's gone to jail, every time he's been to prison, every time he's gotten in trouble, I've always had faith in him. I've always told him to keep his head up. It doesn't matter what people say because he was a good person. Just do the right thing because I always had faith in him, but with everything that already come out and the charges he's already got on him...it's hard to keep that faith.
Nadeen: Do you think he's involved?
Wendy: I don't know anymore. At one time I didn't think he was. But now I don't know.
Nadeen: Earlier you told me you did.
Wendy: In my heart I don't want to believe he did, but there's things that when you start seeing on TV places they're looking, things that have been said. I'm his sister...You never want to think that anybody in your family could ever do anything like this.
Nadeen: Now from jail Wesley has been calling Wendy almost every day and she says in those conversations red flags have popped up. She says that his story kept changing and that he asked her to put up a Go Fund Me page for him wanting money for his support rather than to find AJ. She says she doesn't want to convict her brother but as of right now all faith in him is gone. Live in the control room Nadeen Yades, News Channel 3.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/09/wesley-h...cence-in-ajs-disappearance-i-had-blinders-on/
transcribed by rev.com

I can't get that out of my head either. How can anyone ignore that! :moo:

Nadeen: Do you think he's involved?
Wendy: I don't know anymore. At one time I didn't think he was. But now I don't know.
Nadeen: Earlier you told me you did.
Wendy: In my heart I don't want to believe he did, but there's things that when you start seeing on TV places they're looking, things that have been said. I'm his sister...You never want to think that anybody in your family could ever do anything like this.

I know we were told we can't sleuth the property owners of the house in Franklin, but can we sleuth the owner of the business associated with the property?.....

Really? Isn't a Ford F150 a bit much?
This was an early post by Zach in regards to the truck…
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274584-VA-Anjelica-quot-AJ-quot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11616308#post11616308

"She was being transported by her mom (usually) to and from school. Truck used to be Wes's, then was hers (gift from him), then she got another car, which I can't remember if it was having problems or she just couldn't drive cause she was a freshman or just cost too much in gas, but she was being driven by Jennifer and (J---) for the most part."

I know we were told we can't sleuth the property owners of the house in Franklin, but can we sleuth the owner of the business associated with the property?.....

Nope, no and :gaah:

Which begs the question... WHO would have been sending texts from AJ's phone to AJ's mom, telling her she (AJ) wasn't ready to come home yet, if it wasn't AJ herself? Mmmhmmm... only 1 person I can think of too, since NONE of her friends knew where she was.

NOT to mention the text to her sister at 2:30 the day before saying she was with friends. I've followed a ton of cases and random kidnappers do NOT routinely go around texting family members and saying everything's fine. In those cases where it DID happen and a family member was texted, it was ALWAYS from someone KNOWN to the victim, and who also knew the family members.

And again, I will say :gaah: because I'm just so angry.

Agreed.

This goes back to WH doing this to get back at JH.

You also raise a good point, who else but someone who knew the family and their routines would know that A.J's sister might get worried if she hadnt seen her by 2:30pm?

Does anyone know if AJ and WH were at all close? It seems strange to me that she would even ask WH to borrow his truck when her mom and him are separated....

I recall learning WH gave her the truck as a graduation gift, but she was not using it at school due to the freshman driving law. The information was coming from a few locals, so I will try to track it down. Here is what Zach originally told us about the truck:

03-23-2015
Zach replied to a thread ACTIVE SEARCH VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5 in Missing Persons Discussion
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11617844#post11617844
Wes drives his work van most of the time but the red truck sometimes. One is always at the house, even if he isn't.

03-23-2015
Zach replied to a thread ACTIVE SEARCH VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5 in Missing Persons Discussion
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11617770#post11617770
Quote Originally Posted by mom2six View Post
Maybe he's not comfortable having the work van parked at a motel?
I mean its a good point. Why did he say he left the truck there cause Anjelica wanted to use it if he was gonna swap out anyway. Maybe he didn't work that Monday. Maybe he was just stating an unnecessary fact to show he was thinking of her. I really don't know. He seems to use the van most of the time. Not even sure why he had the truck that Sunday. Many possibilities I guess.

This was an early post by Zach in regards to the truck…
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274584-VA-Anjelica-quot-AJ-quot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11616308#post11616308

"She was being transported by her mom (usually) to and from school. Truck used to be Wes's, then was hers (gift from him), then she got another car, which I can't remember if it was having problems or she just couldn't drive cause she was a freshman or just cost too much in gas, but she was being driven by Jennifer and (J---) for the most part."

Yes, I'm quoting myself…I meant to include two other quotes. Oops.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274584-VA-Anjelica-quot-AJ-quot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11617865#post11617865
"Wes drives his work van most of the time but the red truck sometimes. One is always at the house, even if he isn't."

And the one that makes my blood run cold...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274584-VA-Anjelica-quot-AJ-quot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11616339#post11616339

"I don't think there was an argument and from what I hear from Wes, Anjelica and him were not too close lately. Given other things in the family right now (before 3 weeks ago), I very much doubt she would go to Wes because of an argument with Jennifer."

Thanks for asking. No we cannot sleuth the owners of the business which is linked to the property in Franklin.

And a big :welcome: to all the newer faces :)

Hey guys. A couple thoughts lingering in my brain today after following the direction of the thread. If my opinion matters to you - toss it in with these ideas...
  • I think everyone is right about WHS. I said that as soon as that video came out. Her voice was so defeated. Like, it was over. She just knew he did it. I feel 95% that she knows of a way he can be tied to the property/van/area, etc.
  • Regarding the rental... I'm really interested in what someone said much earlier (sorry - I forget who!) about $200 being a typical down payment for a quick rental... it would make sense that he would go somewhere that operated using cash if he was trying to be under the radar.
  • And on that note, I think a huge thing being overlooked here since the latest direction we've been moving is that cash. I feel confident saying very few people at this point would think he actually gave AJ $200 because she texted him asking and he assumed she wanted a Go Pro... but we know WH enough to know he wouldn't drag in that incriminating detail if he didn't have to cover for $200 that went missing right around the same time as AJ did...

Did AJ's sister text AJ's phone when she got home from school? And AJ's phone responded to that text?

Agreed.

This goes back to WH doing this to get back at JH.

You also raise a good point, who else but someone who knew the family and their routines would know that A.J's sister might get worried if she hadnt seen her by 2:30pm?

I havent heard anyone mention this yet, but what if A.J and WH argued about the truck?

It was supposed to be a gift right? But WH had moved out of the house and didnt have another vehicle besides his work van.

With A.J about to finish her Freshman year in just a few short months, and summer break coming up this may have been a concern.

Particularly if WH had decided to keep the truck.

Let me just say I found a white car and what appears to be a black suv/van at the same location....

Hey guys. A couple thoughts lingering in my brain today after following the direction of the thread. If my opinion matters to you - toss it in with these ideas...
  • I think everyone is right about WSH. I said that as soon as that video came out. Her voice was so defeated. Like, it was over. She just knew he did it. I feel 95% that she knows of a way he can be tied to the property/van/area, etc.
  • Regarding the rental... I'm really interested in what someone said much earlier (sorry - I forget who!) about $200 being a typical down payment for a quick rental... it would make sense that he would go somewhere that operated using cash if he was trying to be under the radar.
  • And on that note, I think a huge thing being overlooked here since the latest direction we've been moving is that cash. I feel confident saying very few people at this point would think he actually gave AJ $200 because she texted him asking and he assumed she wanted a Go Pro... but we know WH enough to know he wouldn't drag in that incriminating detail if he didn't have to cover for $200 that went missing right around the same time as AJ did...

Yes, agreed on all three points, luckyseven, thank you.

Did AJ's sister text AJ's phone when she got home from school? And AJ's phone responded to that text?

IIRC yes, Zach said his other daughter texted AJ first and AJ texted back and said "with friends".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova