VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your original post (much abridged above) was a great summary. Thank you.

We do have some reason, as you know, to believe that they did not meet at the gas station, and that he was in or near his hotel at that time. In the "Jailhouse Interview" with Joe Fisher that you transcripted, WH himself mentions "They [LE] said there was no video of us meeting there [at the gas station]. Uh, and they said that the cell phone was pinging around my hotel… ." The kind of phone company estimates of a call phone location gleaned from old call records can often cover a large area, but not large enough to encompass the area around AJ's home.

I think I may be the lone ranger in terms of thinking there's a very good chance that AJ left the house and went to WH's hotel room of her own volition that day. There are a number of reasons why I think this is a very definite possibility.

1. WH tells us that he received a call from AJ sometime that morning. Could he be lying about that? Yes. But he'd be an idiot if he did, because that would be a very simple thing for LE to confirm. I think the reason he made up this gas station story is because he KNEW that LE would discover that call from her phone to his.

2. We know, from locals involved in the search, that Josh told them to look for a back pack/bag of hers that was missing from the house. And we later find clothing of hers at the S Battlefield location (2 sports bras among them). Would WH have been smart enough to take AJ's personal belongings with him when he removed her body from the residence? Maybe. But I don't think so. I think it's very possible that AJ took that bag herself when she went to his hotel room.

3. At 2:25, Justice arrives home. The truck is there, and AJ is gone. I think it's at least possible that AJ had someone pick her up at the house, because she didn't want the truck spotted at WH's hotel room. And if we consider the possibility that the neighbor's sighting of the white compact car is accurate, then perhaps this lends some credence to the possiblility that AJ was picked up from the house. If she had planned on staying overnight, then of course she would have taken a bag with her.

4. Some time after 2:25 pm on that day, Justice phones or texts AJ's cell phone and asks where she is. AJ (or someone else) texts back saying "with friends". Is it possible that WH sent that text from AJ's phone? Absolutely. Is it also possible that AJ sent it herself, and simply did not want to name the "friends" she was with? I think so.

5. We know from WH that LE showed him a video from a 7-11, of someone who appeared to be of asian descent. Was this AJ? WH tells us that it wasn't. We have no way of knowing whether that was or wasn't AJ. But it is interesting to note that there is a 7-11 on Halprin Drive, which is very close to both the Millard Ave. residence and WH's hotel room.

I'm going to stop here, because I'm sure that you guys catch my drift on this. I just wanted to point out that there are other logical alternatives to AJ having died in her residence.

(Sorry if this is difficult to follow...first sip of coffee, and my brain hasn't focused yet.)

It's interesting to look at what he WAS very specific about at different points:

• card being found broken up, name visible, one piece in great shape (I forget how he phrased it, but that was the essence of it)
  • AJ's team jacket and the embroidered name on it
  • shorts on Battlefield being Norview
  • asking for $200
  • money for a GoPro

The first 3 of those things are all (supposed) evidence, and all things he had some degree of involvement in "finding."

The second two both very much look like things/actions he could likely need to explain away and so he set up that "story" - the $200 presumably being documented as a transaction/withdrawal and something related to a GoPro.

Obviously both could be fictitious, but the specificity about those two, in
conjunction with his other very specific details being things the cops could immediately know to be true or not makes me think he was probably actually being specific about the things that do have some degree of truth.

That's where, to me, things like the lack of details about having basically NOTHING "concrete" seem to be the things he was completely fabricating.

My hunch is that given his clear propensity for liking to talk and hear his own voice, he worked that in his favor to talk circles around the fabricated stuff but in very vague way. Basically hoping he'd almost distract from NOT risking catching himself in a lie if he got specific, by instead talking a lot and saying virtually nothing of substance, thinking maybe they'd get lost trying to 'translate' his accounts into something meaningful, thereby not realizing he never really said anything.

It makes me think the most notable parts of what he said were the very few that had the specifics he knew were easiest to prove true or false.

So then, like you say, someone else needed to rent the car. LE would already know about it if Wes rented one. Especially at the airport. Cameras are everywhere. and rental places require lots of ID. So who could he trust that much? Not many people, imo, would cover up a ghastly murder. I agree it would have to be someone very close to him.

I ask this because I truly value your opinion, Katy. Why do you think that WH rented (or borrowed) the caravan THAT day? I personally believe he rented or borrowed it several days after March 2, in order to return to the dumpsite to either retrieve something he knew would connect him to the site, or to plant something implicating someone else. But I'm certainly open to other thoughts on this.

ETA: O/T but I just want to mention that I've had a hard time keeping up lately, so I have skipped hitting the thanks button ALOT. I value every single post here, whether I agree with what's said or not, so everyone please consider this a big blanket "Thanks" from me for all of your posts the last 2 days. :)

(Thread hogging this morning, sorry.)

Zach, if you check in here today, can you maybe shed some light on this for me? When you say that WH's work truck was usually parked at the house, do you mean the white Quality Plumbing van, or do you mean his personal work truck? I'm confused as to why a plumbing company would allow an employee to keep a work vehicle at their residence. Thanks.

And that's why I think every person who interviewed him was not that good because they never not once asked him what station he was at. Not once. The reporter should want as much details as quick as possible. So how dare they not ask the simple question of which one.

They could have taken a news crew to that particular station and did a live report of where she was last seen by WH.

But he didn't want that and any journalist who interviewed him never thought of asking him.

They were just happy to be there.

The reporters may have been worried he would get mad and end the interview. Perhaps we have as much disinformation as we do is because they treated him with kid gloves. I wish they had asked more, though.

If WH was working in Franklin area that week, as both he and JH have said, and he left "work" at 11:53 and met AJ at a gas station in Norfolk (assuming it was in Norfolk since she 'departed his presence' at 12:45 and was allegedly seen at around 1:00 driving the red truck down Millard), assuming he was doing the speed limit, he would have arrived at this gas station at roughly 12:43pm.

If he then left the stare-down lunch meeting at 12:45 to head back to work in the Franklin area, and actually got back at around 1:15-1:20, he would have had to be doing nearly twice the legal speed limit.

If in fact he was working in the Franklin area, it would have been impossible for a lunch meeting with those time frames to have occurred. So either he wasn't in Franklin at all, or the lunch meeting never happened. I'm going with the latter.

franklinnorfolk.jpg

1-There is a reason that WH goes through the trouble of saying he left the keys in the mailbox and didn't go in the house, he knows something happened there and does not want to place himself there.
2-There is a reason he is letting us know she did not say "borrow" some money. The money she wanted was hers and she no longer had access to it because the card was destroyed. (maybe the night before in an argument)
Geez, I just don't know.

(Thread hogging this morning, sorry.)

Zach, if you check in here today, can you maybe shed some light on this for me? When you say that WH's work truck was usually parked at the house, do you mean the white Quality Plumbing van, or do you mean his personal work truck? I'm confused as to why a plumbing company would allow an employee to keep a work vehicle at their residence. Thanks.
My husband is an HVAC Journeyman. His Company allows everyone to take their vans home every night, related to the fact they are on-call at certain intervals throughout the night & weekends. They also issue him a Company phone that he keeps at all times.

* My husbands Company does have a GPS tracker on the van & the phones are tracked also.

WH: It depends on which way you go with them. I gave her a hundred dollars the week prior and I figured she still had it because she’s very good with money. She just doesn’t spend money loosely... so bottom line is that’s why I gave her the money. I left work at 11:53am and I drove over to the gas station - the police know all of this – the public does not know, so I’m going to release this information so people can stop attacking my family and my character. I met her, I would say, around 12:10, 12:15. [That’s on] record with the police department. We talked, uh, we didn’t really talk about much- we aren’t a talking kind of family.

CH: Mhm

WH: We kind of just hung out and stared at each other, you know. I asked her how she was doing, we talked about a little school, um, we are a family of few words with a lot of love. She departed my presence at I would say about 12:40, 12:45pm. I was actually late getting back to my job and I got reamed from my boss. Fact: okay, you know I’m not beyond reproach with my work either but my daughter called me, that’s something she don’t do, I dedicated extra time outside of my lunch break because 12:45pm I’m supposed to be on the clock for lunch.

CH: I understand.
March 18, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Lily said...
WH: I got back around 1:15, 1:20pm – fact. Boss reamed me. Okay? Now, this is something the media public does not know: About, I wanna say, and I can’t really speak a whole lot about this [unintelligible] fact, I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.” Those are his words, not our words. He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly. Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red drunk back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public - a minute or minute and a half later he recognized a white small compact car following her. Did not know this. Bottom line is my neighbor reported at 2:03 [unintelligible] 2 o’clock– he smokes, he doesn’t smoke in the house, he smokes on the porch –

The first BBM I feel he was in the truck with her! How would he know she saw him?

The second BBM I think the wavy kid had a little coaxing to go to le because WH saying he went on his own accord.

I'm about 95% sure that WH is the guilty party. However, if we're looking at other possibilities, let's examine the facts.

WH was no longer in the house. Presumably, there was some animosity between the parents.

AJ's last SM post was Sunday (3/1) night.

AJ may have had a disagreement regarding money.

She was seen by Mom and the younger kids Monday (3/2) morning.

LE may have her on video Monday (3/2) mid-day.

Her credit card was later found and questionable texts were sent from her phone.

The gun and ammunition was removed from the house.

The house was cleaned.

Prior animosity between the parents disappears.

Did AJ have a disagreement about money? Was her phone and credit cards taken?

If there is no video of her at the 7-11, I'd have to search for other possible suspects.

If WH was working in Franklin area that week, as both he and JH have said, and he left "work" at 11:53 and met AJ at a gas station in Norfolk (assuming it was in Norfolk since she 'departed his presence' at 12:45 and was allegedly seen at around 1:00 driving the red truck down Millard), assuming he was doing the speed limit, he would have arrived at this gas station at roughly 12:43pm.

If he then left the stare-down lunch meeting at 12:45 to head back to work in the Franklin area, and actually got back at around 1:15-1:20, he would have had to be doing nearly twice the legal speed limit.

If in fact he was working in the Franklin area, it would have been impossible for a lunch meeting with those time frames to have occurred. So either he wasn't in Franklin at all, or the lunch meeting never happened. I'm going with the latter.

View attachment 73099

Isn't Quality Plumbing Located on Centerville Turnpike? What if he was at Quality Plumbing when he left for lunch? What is the approximate travel time from QP to either his hotel room or the Millard Ave. residence?

Thanks for that .

In regards to the petition, that at least is more aboveboard than the money grab.

Now if the author could just learn how to spell, they might be taken a little more seriously.

However, if the petition for a bill to be brought before the legislature is the proper process to implement this missing persons alert plan then why do they need to raise funds to the tune of $50G's? Aren't bills approved by the legislature required to go through some routine (albeit likely complicated) government funding allocations as part of implementing any bill passed by the state? Seems like at that point it would be taxpayer funded right?

No need for any civics lessons...just throwing my opinion out there as food for thought.

One thing I was pondering tonight is the fact that WH told us LE showed him a picture of he and AJ on his phone. We don't know what that picture was, but WH goes on to comment that he took AJ shooting "all the time", "Well, not all the time. On multiple occasions." We also know that 9 mm luger ammo was one of the items listing on the missing property sections of the MP report. And we know that when LE searched WH's hotel room, they found ammo hidden in the air vent. It seems fairly obvious to me that the ammo missing from the house is the same ammo later found in that air vent. So I'm wondering if the picture LE showed WH might have been of interest to LE because of the location where they went shooting. And then I recalled that LE searched every inch of the Franklin location...right up into the woods. For some reason, I got the impression they were collecting shell casings. So is the Franklin house possibly the place that WH took AJ shooting on multiple occasions? I know that a few neighbors have said that they hadn't seen anyone there in a long time, but that doesn't mean that someone hadn't BEEN there in a long time.

Just a few sketchy thoughts.

Hmmm....had not thought of that. Good thought! :thinking:

Police had to have probable cause to search his hotel. They also had to have probable cause to impound his work van.

Hmmm....had not thought of that. Good thought! :thinking:

LOL...well, I don't know if it's a good thought or not. I just kind of threw it out there, because when I viewed a video of the search, my first thought was, "Are they looking for shell casings? And finding them? If so, why would there be so many?". And, of course, that thought lead me straight to target practice.

For the brief amount of time I've seriously considered this, I can see alot of holes in that theory. But then, I can sort of fill in those holes too. I honestly have no opinion on this theory at all, even though I'm the one who threw it out there. LOL!

Wasn't 7-11 mentioned in one interview? He said they showed him a video on their cellphone, but the girl was Asian??? Gosh I can't keep his lies straight!

So eliminating everything WH has said, going by just what we do know, Sisters saw AJ that morning on the 2nd. Some texts were exchanged with a sister, and later with JH into the early morning hours, but doubtful it was AJ in those texts. Then AJ's body was found behind that house. I still can't eliminate WH as a perp....

What a hell the perp has caused though. Look how many innocent lives have been affected!! Those kids hanging around that house, they've got a long way to heal. The betrayal to them all including AJ is just unimaginable! The planting of evidence, breaking and entering, etc., heck it's a good thing someone told the truth or they might all be in jail!! And they've lost a precious friend!! Learning who they can trust, and who they can't is going to be a long journey.

At some point, I'm sure hindsight will click, and someone will say, remember when such and such happened? And we thought such and such, but now I'm not sure that's what was real. Tragic all around.

And I do NOT believe ANYONE will find an 'adoption' for AJ either. I think a certain someone didn't want her kids all having different last names, so had AJs name changed to her own last name!! A stab in the back to Zach!!! I can't see a judge EVER allowing someone with that much of a criminal background to adopt. But, the truth is going to come out. Trial time, all the truth will be revealed!!

I was thinking about the adoption stuff to, In zachs blog I thought he said they asked her bio dad and he said no bc he was upset they didn't ask him as well as he should have been upset

Isn't Quality Plumbing Located on Centerville Turnpike? What if he was at Quality Plumbing when he left for lunch? What is the approximate travel time from QP to either his hotel room or the Millard Ave. residence?

QP to hotel = 18 minutes/12.1 miles
QP to Millard = 21 minutes/13.3 miles

Sorry if this has already been stated trying to catch up :))
I think it's very strange they would put up a memorial fund hours after the identified the body, and I think a lot of people are weary about donating now especially:/ I have been following another case missing Kyle rugg from tx his family raised a lot more money and immediatly was in contact with tx Equusearch!
I also wonder if the rest of the money after the memorial will go to the other cause by tm
I hope not bc I don't really think that is legitimate
Now that they have found her and going back through everything it is soooooo Eerie to listen to "I think she's safe" just peek in the car next to you!
I also feel like the obituary was a total dig at bio dad and Zach :(
I also feel very strange about whs interview like she knows but is beating around the bush!
My opinion the police are keeping. The enemy close as they say :) my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member