VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they (JH) and others are planning on making this a business for themselves IMO. They created this idea and will use their current job skills to create (design) and maintain the system. They would run it as their jobs and get paid as CEOs CFOs etc. just my opinion but people with current jobs like this it would be easy for them to pitch the system. I understand the whole point in making it a law but to me right now its a business being created off of this very tragic event. It would be the great opportunity if someone was looking for a new job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would probably loose my mind ... :( I was thinking that too but there are a lot of pages already like that .. Tx Equusearch and find the missing locate the missing national exploited children, and while I agree in some cases 24 hours is a long time to wait especially if the concerned ones are worried unlike jh who says she felt like she was safe if I heard that I would be busting my booty to look .. But they will have so many people that I don't think they will know what to do, there is a reason in my opinion why they don't have this already and why they wait 24 hours when they could have just ran away ? In my opinion

Having fibromyalgia I've experienced quite a few snake oil salesmen, both in person, and via ads for their 'healing' product.

This whole things gives me that same feeling. I feeling of scam, snake oil salesmen, lies, etc.

I don't think anyone who has just lost a precious 18yr old child/friend/family member/loved one is going to be in any frame of mind to be writing Senators, or drafting bills, setting up a 5013c *which is lots of paperwork and time!*, not focusing any energy at all except trying to survive from one moment to the next.

The closest I've come to experiencing a death that wasn't a natural death, was an aunt. She was found dead in her truck, autopsy said brain anerysum. (spelled wrong!) Interesting enough, her husband had just survived two brain anerysums before her death! I remember lots of details from that day, as we all walked around in complete shock. Nobody knowing what to say, what to do, etc. We waited hours for the funeral home to come get her body as an ambulance couldn't transport her because she DOA. So she laid in that ambulance for hours, right where the truck was that struck a tree. None of us were in any shape to think funeral, much less funding, or anything else. It was days before we could get our act together enough to help my uncle figure out funeral arrangements, whether he wanted her rings buried with her or not, whether he wanted open casket or not, etc. Lots of decisions in a very short period of time, that even know we wish had been done differently. Not once did anyone think life insurance, or raise funds or whatever. Just never was said by anyone!!

Get rich quick scheme, that's what it feels like, and I don't like it! JMO~!!

I actually think SM was no help in this case. There were no breaks in this case because of SM and especially the SM that family was putting out. IMO.

It does give you the chance to google and sleuth adoptive fathers for their past misdeeds and then notify social media that they need to watch out for so and so. Jmo

Is there a time requirement that a person must wait before filing a missing persons report? I ask this question because I remember on another thread here on Websleuths (Erin Corwin) in California, that there was quite a discussion about this as her husband felt he had to wait 24 hours before reporting her missing and many people had came up with references that showed there is currently no time requirement before you can file a missing person report. It was said, more or less, that this was a myth and that is no longer a requirement. I tried to find something per Google search regarding this but was not successful. Thoughts anyone?

It does give you the chance to google and sleuth adoptive fathers for their past misdeeds and then notify social media that they need to watch out for so and so. Jmo

Lol but in this instance people were blocked and cursed at for pointing that out.

Having fibromyalgia I've experienced quite a few snake oil salesmen, but in person, and via ads for their 'healing' product.

This whole things gives me that same feeling. I feeling of scam, snake oil salesmen, lies, etc.

I don't think anyone who has just lost a precious 18yr old child/friend/family member/loved one is going to be in any frame of mind to be writing Senators, or drafting bills, setting up a 5013c *which is lots of paperwork and time!*, not focusing any energy at all except trying to survive from one moment to the next.

The closest I've come to experiencing a death that wasn't a natural death, was an aunt. She was found dead in her truck, autopsy said brain anerysum. (spelled wrong!) Interesting enough, her husband had just survived two brain anerysums before her death! I remember lots of details from that day, as we all walked around in complete shock. Nobody knowing what to say, what to do, etc. We waited hours for the funeral home to come get her body as an ambulance couldn't transport her because she DOA. So she laid in that ambulance for hours, right where the truck was that struck a tree. None of us were in any shape to think funeral, much less funding, or anything else. It was days before we could get our act together enough to help my uncle figure out funeral arrangements, whether he wanted her rings buried with her or not, whether he wanted open casket or not, etc. Lots of decisions in a very short period of time, that even know we wish had been done differently. Not once did anyone think life insurance, or raise funds or whatever. Just never was said by anyone!!

Get rich quick scheme, that's what it feels like, and I don't like it! JMO~!!

Excellent post. I am sorry for your loss.

Imo. People start projects that deal with making sure that laws are passed in order for a familiar tragic event to not happen again. In this case they would be better off trying to get a law passed that states " You will go to jail if you lie on the missing persons report " .

There is know way LE should of had to have dance around with all of their backtracking. Jmo

From what I recall, it's myth that you must wait 24hrs. I've seen links to back that up. Basically it's up to LE whether they think the information provided is relevant enough for immediate amber alert, BOLO, well being check, etc. Sometimes like in Barway Collins, it was a few hours before he was reported missing, but he was only 10yrs old, missing from off the bus, and thus police were on it immediately. A toddler gone 30 minutes LE is typically on it immediately. In the case of an adult or a teenager it becomes more complicated. Does the person have a history of wandering? A history of running away? Any indications that they could have run away? What events led up to the disappearance? Who last saw them? What was their mood? Did they have future plans? Is there an obvious crime scene? Does the person have a mental health issue? Physical health issue? Is there a custody battle on going? Etc. from there Le determines if they feel something is off, person could be a danger to themselves, or someone else, person ran away, wandered, or foul play could be suspected. And the investigation goes from there.

The problem with immediately alerting EVERYONE via a system like an amber alert for every missing person is that the system would be so overused that people wouldn't take the alert seriously. The public would just start tuning out the alerts. Thus why there is a criteria that must be met for an Amber Alert, as much as we sometimes hate that! It must exist! Same as for a Silver Alert, and there a few other Alerts depending on the criteria met.

While it's estimated that someone goes missing every 90 seconds in the USA, imagine how overused a system would be! The majority of those missing are custody cases, or runaways, or someone late showing up and are found safe or come back on their own. Being on this site, we see that there are many missing people *and not all are listed here either* and many cases do remain unsolved. Still that's the minority, and not the majority of missing person cases.

All JMO of the whole missing person situations/systems etc...

I just had a conversation with a detective testifying at a murder trial last week. He made the statement that from the time of arrest, he only has 30 days to get his evidence to the prosecutor.
You don't want to start that clock ticking till you're ready .

Correct. And IF WH is the suspect, murder doesn't have a statute of limitations. They can take all the time they need. Before filing charges, once charges filed then the clock starts.

I think they (JH) and others are planning on making this a business for themselves IMO. They created this idea and will use their current job skills to create (design) and maintain the system. They would run it as their jobs and get paid as CEOs CFOs etc. just my opinion but people with current jobs like this it would be easy for them to pitch the system. I understand the whole point in making it a law but to me right now its a business being created off of this very tragic event. It would be the great opportunity if someone was looking for a new job.

Sadly we have seen that in so many other cases. SMH

I would probably loose my mind ... :( I was thinking that too but there are a lot of pages already like that .. Tx Equusearch and find the missing locate the missing national exploited children, and while I agree in some cases 24 hours is a long time to wait especially if the concerned ones are worried unlike jh who says she felt like she was safe if I heard that I would be busting my booty to look .. But they will have so many people that I don't think they will know what to do, there is a reason in my opinion why they don't have this already and why they wait 24 hours when they could have just ran away ? In my opinion

I agree. And if LEO have reason to believe right away that someone life is in danger, they can go ahead already and issue Missing Alerts .

Is there a time requirement that a person must wait before filing a missing persons report? I ask this question because I remember on another thread here on Websleuths (Erin Corwin) in California, that there was quite a discussion about this as her husband felt he had to wait 24 hours before reporting her missing and many people had came up with references that showed there is currently no time requirement before you can file a missing person report. It was said, more or less, that this was a myth and that is no longer a requirement. I tried to find something per Google search regarding this but was not successful. Thoughts anyone?
Arkansas: ACIC http://acic.org/citizens/Pages/missingPersons.aspx
Missing Persons Information
Page Content
Missing Persons Search

ACIC has dedicated a portion of this webpage for the posting of information and photographs of missing persons.

No circumstance has a more devastating effect on a family than the unknown whereabouts of a loved one. Immediately making identification information available to the public has proven effective in helping to locate missing children as well as missing adults. The majority of law enforcement officials consider photographs to be the most important tool in missing person cases.

There is no required waiting period to report a missing person. Law enforcement agencies should be contacted without delay. This is extremely important in cases involving a possible abduction, suspected foul play or an at-risk situation.With this missing persons service, law enforcement agencies will be able to forward missing persons information to ACIC and have it displayed in a public forum available to anyone around the world who has access to the Internet

NCIC Missing Person File
There is no waiting period before a person can be entered into the NCIC Missing Person File. Arkansas law requires all missing persons to be entered immediately.
The National Crime Information Center's (NCIC's) Missing Person File was implemented in 1975. Records in the Missing Person File are retained indefinitely or until the individual is located or the record is canceled by the entering agency.Missing Person Entry Categories
All missing persons must be classified into one of the following categories:

•Juvenile - Entry of a person under the age of 21 who is missing and does not meet any of the entry criteria set forth in the other categories.
•Endangered - Entry of a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger.
•Involuntary - Entry of a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that the disappearance may not have been voluntary, i.e., abduction or kidnapping.
•Disability - A person of any age who is missing and under proven physical/mental disability or is senile, thereby subjecting him/herself or others to personal and immediate danger.
•Catastrophe Victim - A person of any age who is missing after a catastrophe.
•Other - A person over the age of 21 not meeting the criteria for entry in any category who is missing and for whom there is a reasonable concern for his/her safety.

NCIC Unidentified Person FileNCIC's Unidentified Person File came online in 1983. Records are retained indefinitely, unless removed by the entering agency

*While use of the Unidentified Person File is increasing, it is not yet mandated by law to make entries into this file.

Unidentified Person Entry Categories
•Deceased - A person who is no longer living for whom the identity cannot be ascertained. This category also includes body parts when a body has been dismembered.
•Catastrophe Victim - A person who is a victim of a catastrophe for whom the identity cannot be ascertained or body parts when a body has been dismembered as the result of a catastrophe.
•Living - A person who is living and unable to ascertain his/her identity, e.g., amnesia victim, infant, etc. The information on unidentified living persons should only be included if the person gives his/her consent or if they are physically or mentally unable to give consent.

Yeah, and on the news, the pa$tor made it sound like they had to wait 24 hours to report AJ missing, when in reality, they waited 36 hours. You know, because their google was broken and they "didn't know what to do."

Yeah, and on the news, the pa$tor made it sound like they had to wait 24 hours to report AJ missing, when in reality, they waited 36 hours. You know, because their google was broken and they "didn't know what to do."

They were probably using the same one he looked up the go pro search with

Arkansas: ACIC http://acic.org/citizens/Pages/missingPersons.aspx
Missing Persons Information
Page Content
Missing Persons Search

ACIC has dedicated a portion of this webpage for the posting of information and photographs of missing persons.

No circumstance has a more devastating effect on a family than the unknown whereabouts of a loved one. Immediately making identification information available to the public has proven effective in helping to locate missing children as well as missing adults. The majority of law enforcement officials consider photographs to be the most important tool in missing person cases.

There is no required waiting period to report a missing person. Law enforcement agencies should be contacted without delay. This is extremely important in cases involving a possible abduction, suspected foul play or an at-risk situation.With this missing persons service, law enforcement agencies will be able to forward missing persons information to ACIC and have it displayed in a public forum available to anyone around the world who has access to the Internet

NCIC Missing Person File
There is no waiting period before a person can be entered into the NCIC Missing Person File. Arkansas law requires all missing persons to be entered immediately.
The National Crime Information Center's (NCIC's) Missing Person File was implemented in 1975. Records in the Missing Person File are retained indefinitely or until the individual is located or the record is canceled by the entering agency.Missing Person Entry Categories
All missing persons must be classified into one of the following categories:

•Juvenile - Entry of a person under the age of 21 who is missing and does not meet any of the entry criteria set forth in the other categories.
•Endangered - Entry of a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger.
•Involuntary - Entry of a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that the disappearance may not have been voluntary, i.e., abduction or kidnapping.
•Disability - A person of any age who is missing and under proven physical/mental disability or is senile, thereby subjecting him/herself or others to personal and immediate danger.
•Catastrophe Victim - A person of any age who is missing after a catastrophe.
•Other - A person over the age of 21 not meeting the criteria for entry in any category who is missing and for whom there is a reasonable concern for his/her safety.

NCIC Unidentified Person FileNCIC's Unidentified Person File came online in 1983. Records are retained indefinitely, unless removed by the entering agency

*While use of the Unidentified Person File is increasing, it is not yet mandated by law to make entries into this file.

Unidentified Person Entry Categories
•Deceased - A person who is no longer living for whom the identity cannot be ascertained. This category also includes body parts when a body has been dismembered.
•Catastrophe Victim - A person who is a victim of a catastrophe for whom the identity cannot be ascertained or body parts when a body has been dismembered as the result of a catastrophe.
•Living - A person who is living and unable to ascertain his/her identity, e.g., amnesia victim, infant, etc. The information on unidentified living persons should only be included if the person gives his/her consent or if they are physically or mentally unable to give consent.

Thank you, arkansasmimi, that was very helpful! :)

From what I recall, it's myth that you must wait 24hrs. I've seen links to back that up. Basically it's up to LE whether they think the information provided is relevant enough for immediate amber alert, BOLO, well being check, etc. Sometimes like in Barway Collins, it was a few hours before he was reported missing, but he was only 10yrs old, missing from off the bus, and thus police were on it immediately. A toddler gone 30 minutes LE is typically on it immediately. In the case of an adult or a teenager it becomes more complicated. Does the person have a history of wandering? A history of running away? Any indications that they could have run away? What events led up to the disappearance? Who last saw them? What was their mood? Did they have future plans? Is there an obvious crime scene? Does the person have a mental health issue? Physical health issue? Is there a custody battle on going? Etc. from there Le determines if they feel something is off, person could be a danger to themselves, or someone else, person ran away, wandered, or foul play could be suspected. And the investigation goes from there.

The problem with immediately alerting EVERYONE via a system like an amber alert for every missing person is that the system would be so overused that people wouldn't take the alert seriously. The public would just start tuning out the alerts. Thus why there is a criteria that must be met for an Amber Alert, as much as we sometimes hate that! It must exist! Same as for a Silver Alert, and there a few other Alerts depending on the criteria met.

While it's estimated that someone goes missing every 90 seconds in the USA, imagine how overused a system would be! The majority of those missing are custody cases, or runaways, or someone late showing up and are found safe or come back on their own. Being on this site, we see that there are many missing people *and not all are listed here either* and many cases do remain unsolved. Still that's the minority, and not the majority of missing person cases.

All JMO of the whole missing person situations/systems etc...

I agree! I remember seeing few weeks back on fb news feed a Silver Alert... Child was worried for Mother last time heard from Mom had a flat... well Mother was found with either ex or something like that. Not missing... and the age was different than reported. Guy she was with had warrant of some sort, so he went to jail. I don't remember whole story but I can understand being concerned. LEO I believe have to for most part go by the info given at time contacted.

It would be like car alarms... when they first came out people noticed.. now they can be going off and doesn't even phase most (myself included)

Thank you, arkansasmimi, that was very helpful! :)

Your welcome. Honestly I didn't know. I knew there were diff criteria for stuff like Amber Alert we have Amber Alert/Morgan Nick Alert here. But I also thought there was a 24 hr for anyone other unless there was reason to believe danger/health issues. Pray I never have to know

lol! Everyone's a comedian here on the night shift!

It's 4 in the afternoon here in japan ! So I wake up and try to catch up with what happened while I was asleep lol I'm from va and glad other people are awake thinking about this while it's my daytime !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga