VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there was a screen cap of the text from the cousins phone. It was posted on one of the threads here. I am about to be on the phone for a bit so if anyone has it handy and can link it I'd be grateful, if not I will find it for you soon as I can! :)

The screen cap from the cousin's phone was (how do I put this in a decent Christian way?) pure BS. I believe it was lucky7 (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a member here did a fantastic job of breaking down the nuanced modern text language in that text convo) who shared with us why it's essentially BS. I couldn't have said it as eloquently as he (she?) did but I've been online for 20+ years and even I knew that text convo was nothing like it was being made out to be.

To ME, that was yet another red herring latched onto by WH, and supported by cousin C, likely at WH's insistence. Or, intimidation. You pick.

what i wish JH would do to WH already:

:underbus:

I think she will, in her time. She's got 4 girls to think about... none of which I'm sure, she wants to grow up and ever run across someone that will use and abuse them. I'm not counting her out yet...

I just hope she doesn't prove me wrong.

She's got ALOT of room here...my property backs up to thousands of acres of National Forest. And she's pretty shy and mild mannered, for the most part. They pretty much just walk straight from the ridge, past the barn and down to the creek and couldn't care less about us. But, of course, that's an encounter that is on her terms. You sure don't want to just stumble on her while you're out hiking. LOL. I'd take her over the damned coyotes that surround my house any day. Hate them!

Okay...end of off topic bear chatter from me.

Your wildlife reminded me of a comment mentioned earlier on one of the msm FB articles about AJ (I can't even remember which one). Something regarding seeing buzzards circling in a particular area. This may or may NOT be relevant because those nasty things will circle for hours even if it's a squirrel or a bunny on the highway. I only know this because I lived in farm country for many years and used to see them ALL the time - sometimes upwards of 10-15 (we call them Turkey Vultures here in Ontario) circling around the smallest road-kill on a dirt road.

I really hope that fence is triple steel reinforced because I think there are many of us on it with you. I want to be victim-friendly here so I will be careful not to say this in a way that sends me to the corner...

I don't think JH knew at first what really happened but I think she may be coming to terms with it now, in her own way. If that's the case, she's FURIOUS and her temper could be set off by anything, including news crews showing up wanting to talk about Wes, when all SHE wants to know is where her daughter is. KWIM? Honestly, as a mom, I think she may also be at that place of "oh carp what did I do bringing him into my home?" as countless numbers of single moms have done in the past (and will do in the future once they realize their Knight in Shining Armor was actually the Court Jester, with a criminal background that would horrify anyone). I think she's PO'd, scared, humiliated, and heartbroken all at once. Not every single mom is the best judge of character and most find out WAY too late. One of my own adult daughters is going through this right now and it's a heck of a lesson to learn the hard way.

If it's true she booted WH to the curb due to his coke habit, she's landed in the Way to Go Mom column for me, just for that. At least she did something (and BEFORE AJ even came home for spring break, not after the fact). Many moms/wives in that situation don't or can't really do anything without getting the living snot beaten out of them. Especially if Husband of the Year has a history of taking whatever he wants, however he wants to do it.

I'm not entirely convinced she's running the FB page. Sometimes I see posts that make me think it is her, other times I see WH's mama all over it. Pure speculation on that one.

All moo.

Yeah been there done that. Picked the wrong guy. I'm wondering if it had been going on before she kicked him out of the house though. You there tends to be a point where you try to deal with it, beg plead for them to get better, lots of fighting/arguing before you get to the point to really pick up with 3 girls and go to a hotel and then kick him out of the house. It had probably been festering for a while. But thank goodness she did get them out of there and him out of there. Unfortunately, hate to say this, it was a bit too late. I think that is what Zach might have tried to allude to in his blog about mom telling the truth and stuff and talking about her making her own mistakes. IMO.

Your wildlife reminded me of a comment mentioned earlier on one of the msm FB articles about AJ (I can't even remember which one). Something regarding seeing buzzards circling in a particular area. This may or may NOT be relevant because those nasty things will circle for hours even if it's a squirrel or a bunny on the highway. I only know this because I lived in farm country for many years and used to see them ALL the time - sometimes upwards of 10-15 (we call them Turkey Vultures here in Ontario) circling around the smallest road-kill on a dirt road.

In my experience, the more you see circle, the larger the carrion. Not sure if that's because they don't bother to compete in hoards over something small, or if some just have sharper vision then others. You might see 3 or 4 circle for a rabbit in the road, but if there's a dead or dying cow in a field...holy holy! They show up in hoards! Circle endlessly, perch in trees and wait for the cow to give up the ghost, fight each other once it's dead...blech. I mean, everything has to eat, but they do give you the creeps.

Yeah been there done that. Picked the wrong guy. I'm wondering if it had been going on before she kicked him out of the house though. You there tends to be a point where you try to deal with it, beg plead for them to get better, lots of fighting/arguing before you get to the point to really pick up with 3 girls and go to a hotel and then kick him out of the house. It had probably been festering for a while. But thank goodness she did get them out of there and him out of there. Unfortunately, hate to say this, it was a bit too late. I think that is what Zach might have tried to allude to in his blog about mom telling the truth and stuff and talking about her making her own mistakes. IMO.

Well I'm not going to come down on JH just yet. Booting Coke Head out was the right thing to do, to keep that kind of garbage away from her girls. There's no way she could have known what was coming. Yeah I'm a softy and try hard to see the good in folks but if JH proves me wrong, I'll be right there with everyone else demanding justice be served. Every kid deserves to grow up in a healthy, positive, encouraging atmosphere without tension and stress and being thought of as "the glue" that holds a family together. That's insane to put on a kid. It's insane to bring kids up in garbage environments unless you're banking on them growing up and marrying a crack head.

Well I'm not going to come down on JH just yet. Booting Coke Head out was the right thing to do, to keep that kind of garbage away from her girls. There's no way she could have known what was coming. Yeah I'm a softy and try hard to see the good in folks but if JH proves me wrong, I'll be right there with everyone else demanding justice be served. Every kid deserves to grow up in a healthy, positive, encouraging atmosphere without tension and stress and being thought of as "the glue" that holds a family together. That's insane to put on a kid. It's insane to bring kids up in garbage environments unless you're banking on them growing up and marrying a crack head.

Hear hear!!

In my experience, the more you see circle, the larger the carrion. Not sure if that's because they don't bother to compete in hoards over something small, or if some just have sharper vision then others. You might see 3 or 4 circle for a rabbit in the road, but if there's a dead or dying cow in a field...holy holy! They show up in hoards! Circle endlessly, perch in trees and wait for the cow to give up the ghost, fight each other once it's dead...blech. I mean, everything has to eat, but they do give you the creeps.

I used to think that too, until we decided to be creepy and head out into the bush where we'd seen 10-20 of them circling. We saw it all the time, too. This time we went out directly under their flight pattern and it was a raccoon. No bigger than your small-medium domestic dog. I'm not sure what we were expecting to find but we were pretty sure it was going to be at least the size of a deer.

In April of 2008 (can't believe it's already been that long) when Tori Stafford went missing from our area, there were not only turkey vultures circling in the bush (what locals call woods, out behind the farm fields) but tons of search and rescue helicopters too. Every day, for several days on end, right over our house and fields - so low that our kids out on the trampoline could see the faces of the pilots :( It was only after they found Tori that we decided to investigate any time we saw LOTS of them circling, just in case. Thankfully, it was only ever wildlife.

Not trying to be argumentative at all. I just think it depends on the amount of available local carrion. The less available, the more in the flock of vultures, especially in the early spring when the snow is still melting. Yuck, I hated typing that :(

I have to say...this is the snarkiest and rudest FB page for a missing person I have been on. And I've seen some dooooozies! Why have a page...SMH.

https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome?fref=nf

Oh my... be thankful you missed the Bella Grogan-Canella FB page(s). They made this one look boring. (a little crack, a little meth and a little life mixed with social media does the trick every time, I assure you).

I am greatly relieved to hear she did that as well. Thank goodness. So, maybe she is just grieving, freaked and all the rest.

"Post to refresh memories of suspicious text to AJ"

"NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Family and friends of Anjelica Hadsell have confirmed to 10 On Your Side the missing 18-year-old was on alert and scared of a certain person before her disappearance on March 2.

Hadsell communicated that information to her cousin and best friend between Feb. 13 and the day she vanished. Text messages sent by Hadsell to friends in late February about the person said, “I should probably stop texting him back,” and “HELP.”

“This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn’t think it was a good idea,” “She was more worried that this person would maybe do something, and this person is the person we kind of suspect did something.”

The family and 10 On Your Side are not naming the person because police have not identified him as a suspect in the case.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oh she definitely did the right thing to get herself and those kids out of there. I was just thinking that the use had probably been going on a while before she actually did that. I'm sure she knew before she actually took that big step in leaving and kicking him out. It was reported that his cocaine use had recently increased. Maybe that is when she finally drew the line and kicked him out. Like when someone in a family has a drug/alcohol problem they don't just throw them out right away. They usually try to get them help first and there's a lot of begging, pleading, fighting, denial, etc. that goes on first. I'm just saying that it could have been known in the family for a bit that he had a problem. IMO.

I'll say this publicly... I absolutely hate this case, and I haven't had it yet but I need a really good, long, hard cry. That will come, when it's time.

Anjelica Marie Hoffer Hadsell aka AJ, did not deserve this (whatever "this") turns out to be. From all accounts, she is (was?) a bright, funny, charming, determined, competitive, athletic girl with a HUGE future ahead of her - despite all the family issues she endured which were no fault of her own.

I don't believe she walked away from her own life. I think apart from the junk at home (and only partial junk, I think she truly admired her mom and adored her little sisters), she had everything going for her and every reason to keep on keepin' on even though college life was hard, she was often cold, way too stinking hungry all the time and just wanted the hard stuff over with (my own 16 yr old has been complaining about the same thing, and she's ridiculously devoted to her own academics as well, so I get it!!)

I know I've been kind of a smart-*advertiser censored** by giving nicks to such people in this case like Smokey Porch Neighbor and Wavy Loved Kid but that's only to help ME keep everyone straight and to infuse a tiny bit of levity into a case that is genuinely heartbreaking. In that vein, AJ is Rock Star Sister/Daughter. I kind of feel like she's become everyone's daughter, niece, sister, neighbor. She seems like the kind of girl we'd all be proud to know, proud to have as our own daughter's friend, and claim as our own. She reminds me of the girls on my own baseball team all the way through junior high and high school.

Someone made AJ go away. Some selfish, lying, brutal, deceptive horrible person took AJ away from her mom, Zach, bio-dad, her sisters, her friends and extended family. Eventually LE is going to find her, and eventually we're all going to feel that punch in the soul when we find out who it was, and how it happened. I just wish for everyone concerned, that "eventually" is sooner than later.

Just had to say that, as I can already feel that need for a hardcore cry coming on.

I have to say...this is the snarkiest and rudest FB page for a missing person I have been on. And I've seen some dooooozies! Why have a page...SMH.

https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome?fref=nf

Yeah it's unreal. I'm no prude but the comments and language the family and supporters use is appalling. They unfortunately will turn a lot of people away with all the cursing and nastiness. Poor AJ and her sisters. Is this the kind of stuff they have been exposed to? The Brephew and WH's sister have posted quite a lot of foul things on sm. TBH it seems to roll pretty easily off their tongues as if it's how they would normally react to opposition. That kind of anger is scary if you ask me. Explains a lot to me :-((

You guys are going to make a mess for our mods if you continue to quote something you know is against the rules.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members