Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this match has been suggested, but I stumbled across this missing person and immediately thought of Annandale Doe. Turns out the height is a perfect match and the lips and possible mole look like a match too... Age would also align.

Elaine Lehtinen (missing 1976)
http://www.missingveterans.com/1976/elaine-faye-lehtinen/

Arghhh, I just checked Annandale namus rule outs, and Elaine is on there. The only data they both have to match with is dental, or someone made a call on physical data available.

Elaine has dna with namus and Annandale has dna submitted but not complete.

Have we ever seen anyone on rule out later become the match when dna came in?

Thank you :)

This case is one of most the most haunting for me. This woman looked like she had job, or at least much money (strange with only 100$ for cemetery though). She had expensive clothes and jewelry with gems, left her ID behind and committed suicide on the cemetery a, place where she should be soon found. I don't think she had some connection to someone there, I think it's possible she was from another part of United States. I'm almost sure she had a child some time ago (the scar, mickey mouse purse that had nothing to do with her clothes, and the infant section she was found at). I think that her child must not have died, but maybe he/she left home, or broke all contact with her, or did something else wrong that erased her lust for life or caused long time depression). This mickey mouse thing looks like some kind of souvenir for her, if she had many possessions belonging to her child she would probably choose some nicer purse, also it might be the only one left. That would mean that her child could have been dead/away for some time.
I'm also thinking about a possibility I don't think I have seen anywhere. The Mary Anderson case looks somehow similar, it was also a suicide, not long before the AJD died. She had a bible with her, wrote that she was deceased by own hand and her name that she used at the hotel was maybe fake. Mary used cyanide in purpose to kill herself, and AJD used Valium. Valium is on prescription, how is it with cyanide? Was it strictly forbidden in 80's in USA? I'm loosing myself in my writing now so I'll write a conclusion I thought about. Maybe both of the women were members of some religious cult or some other kind of sect? They maybe were involved in something because they were both in older age, maybe both had tragic lives or tragic memories haunting them? It's easier to manipulate older or desperate people. Maybe were there some similar cases to those in that area? They may had been involved in something like that in a long time and maybe that was the reason (at least with AJD) that children/family or friends left? They may even suspect something if they're still alive but would not say?

This case is one of most the most haunting for me. This woman looked like she had job, or at least much money (strange with only 100$ for cemetery though). She had expensive clothes and jewelry with gems, left her ID behind and committed suicide on the cemetery a, place where she should be soon found. I don't think she had some connection to someone there, I think it's possible she was from another part of United States. I'm almost sure she had a child some time ago (the scar, mickey mouse purse that had nothing to do with her clothes, and the infant section she was found at). I think that her child must not have died, but maybe he/she left home, or broke all contact with her, or did something else wrong that erased her lust for life or caused long time depression). This mickey mouse thing looks like some kind of souvenir for her, if she had many possessions belonging to her child she would probably choose some nicer purse, also it might be the only one left. That would mean that her child could have been dead/away for some time.
I'm also thinking about a possibility I don't think I have seen anywhere. The Mary Anderson case looks somehow similar, it was also a suicide, not long before the AJD died. She had a bible with her, wrote that she was deceased by own hand and her name that she used at the hotel was maybe fake. Mary used cyanide in purpose to kill herself, and AJD used Valium. Valium is on prescription, how is it with cyanide? Was it strictly forbidden in 80's in USA? I'm loosing myself in my writing now so I'll write a conclusion I thought about. Maybe both of the women were members of some religious cult or some other kind of sect? They maybe were involved in something because they were both in older age, maybe both had tragic lives or tragic memories haunting them? It's easier to manipulate older or desperate people. Maybe were there some similar cases to those in that area? They may had been involved in something like that in a long time and maybe that was the reason (at least with AJD) that children/family or friends left? They may even suspect something if they're still alive but would not say?

We will never know why people take their own life's....maybe if we have been (close) there ourselves or listened....

Welcome btw...good you are joining us.

Seconding the welcome. You have some interesting thoughts.

Thinking about her all the time!
I'm gonna post some more thoughts I had about that case/cases but it's hard to put them together [emoji50]

Skickat från min ALE-L21 via Tapatalk

Probably need to ask how did she obtain the cyanide? Did she work in a lab with it? Was it easy to get in the 80's. I don't want to research that to much. Homeland security could come knocking. 😉

Probably need to ask how did she obtain the cyanide? Did she work in a lab with it? Was it easy to get in the 80's. I don't want to research that to much. Homeland security could come knocking. ��

I'm pretty sure that this was looked into rather extensively awhile back. I tried to search by post but evidently didn't do a really good job and could only pull up the entire huge thread. Maybe someone knows how to do a more detailed search?

But don't be scared! I was one of the ones that was poking around into how to get it and they haven't come knocking yet! ;)

Anyone have thoughts on Anna Frady last seen January 1996? Height is only a couple inches off, and the 20 pound difference could have easily been put on in the time period.

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMO, similar nose, lips, glasses, hair (could have been cut and colored)....

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 25, 1938
Age at Time of Disappearance: 58 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"- 5'9"; 130 - 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green/hazel eyes; brown/grey hair. She wears glasses.
Medical conditions: She suffers from an unspecified illness, and did not bring her medications with her.

Circumstances of Disappearance
The two last known sightings of Ferguson was at JJ's Market on January 14, 1996, In Bledsoe County, TN. She was last seen walking on Highway 127 in Bledsoe County towards Sequatchie County TN.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1749dftn.html

**EDIT: I emailed the regional contact on NAMUS who said they're working on it.

What about her, was she ruled out eventually?

What about her, was she ruled out eventually?

I remember that her family put up a Facebook page for her about her missing.....Looked at her...she is on my scope for a long time....I;m not up to date about what is going on....

Considering all the rule outs for this lovely lady....I would love to see the Doe network DNA project working on her.

Contacted family on their facebook site...they asked for a picture.....I have one picture of her, a real deceased picture. I'm confused....don't want to go there..sorry....

Contacted family on their facebook site...they asked for a picture.....I have one picture of her, a real deceased picture. I'm confused....don't want to go there..sorry....

You mean you don't want to send them the photo, when you say you don't want you to go there?
There is a chance the photo might be helpful...

You mean you don't want to send them the photo, when you say you don't want you to go there?
There is a chance the photo might be helpful...

I could sent the photo, but I wonder...do they don't search for themselves all over internet? I send them a link and the reconstruction picture. Maybe I'm wrong but everything is accessible...especially if someone sends you a suggestion....sorry...don't want to sound offensive. And I saw the rings on Anna Frady's fingers...not sure if this is a match.

I could sent the photo, but I wonder...do they don't search for themselves all over internet? I send them a link and the reconstruction picture. Maybe I'm wrong but everything is accessible...especially if someone sends you a suggestion....sorry...don't want to sound offensive. And I saw the rings on Anna Frady's fingers...not sure if this is a match.

Could you perhaps refer them to the contact at the relevant Coroner’s Department instead of sending them the decedent’s PM photo? Explain that they will know how to deal with potential relatives’ concerns sensitively.

Could you perhaps refer them to the contact at the relevant Coroner’s Department instead of sending them the decedent’s PM photo? Explain that they will know how to deal with potential relatives’ concerns sensitively.

Yes, I gave them the contact number of Namus.

Yes, I gave them the contact number of Namus.

I think that avenue of inquiry may be a wise one for the family to take from here on in. For us, death is an every day occurrence and, the most part, we become detached from it. For the family members, their missing and/or unidentified loved ones were tangible and they live with their loss every day, often having their hopes dashed when they read their loved one may have been recovered. To my mind, that’s why possible matches need to be routed through NAMUS, LE or a Coroner’s Office, so trained staff can assist families to find the necessary services to cope with their grief, whatever the outcome of their inquiry.

Interesting video here about Australia’s process of investigation after an unnatural death, including the POVs of the relatives of decedents:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/series/present-traces/2018/feb/18/all

I hope you can see the video via the MSM site in the States. If not, hold your finger on the ‘Play’ button and it will take you to the Guardian’s YouTube site.

No, you don't come across offensive. I understand what concerns you.
I'm not sure this is a match, bit no harm putting it forward.

I think that avenue of inquiry may be a wise one for the family to take from here on in. For us, death is an every day occurrence and, the most part, we become detached from it. For the family members, their missing and/or unidentified loved ones were tangible and they live with their loss every day, often having their hopes dashed when they read their loved one may have been recovered. To my mind, that’s why possible matches need to be routed through NAMUS, LE or a Coroner’s Office, so trained staff can assist families to find the necessary services to cope with their grief, whatever the outcome of their inquiry.

Interesting video here about Australia’s process of investigation after an unnatural death, including the POVs of the relatives of decedents:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/series/present-traces/2018/feb/18/all

I hope you can see the video via the MSM site in the States. If not, hold your finger on the ‘Play’ button and it will take you to the Guardian’s YouTube site.

Thanks for the video. Totally working for The Netherlands. I understand what you want to say. That's the reason I don't want to "smash" a pm photo in their face.

At least you cared enough to put this woman forward as a possible match, BoH. Let the authorities take it from here but chase it up every now and again so they don’t let the file lay in a dusty pile somewhere.

Totally missing our Dutch friends since the 2000 Olympics. We’d love to see more of you come out to visit x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Forgotten Murders