Still Missing VA - Bellamy Gamboa, 39, mother of 2, Virginia Beach, 1 Jul 2018 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ashanti Alert for missing Virginia Beach mother expires
Authorities are still "actively searching" for Bellamy Gamboa, who's been missing since July 1, but the Virginia State Police say the official Ashanti Alert has expired.

10 On Your Side reached out to State Police, who say the expiration of the alert is due to an administrative policy with the alert system. They say Virginia Beach Police didn't renew the alert, so it expired -- it doesn't mean Gamboa was found, or that the search has been discontinued.

Gas and cigarettes at 1:15 am? Ok, fine...That means that he just left the kids at home alone, assuming that Bellamy was upstairs. I’m sure that VB police has looked for that surveillance video from the gas station. I wish they’d chime in on that.

Joe Fisher WAVY

BREAKING: Lamont Johnson, ex-boyfriend of Bellamy Gamboa, arrested and charged with 2nd-degree murder. Officials say offense happened July 1, but WAVY TV 10 is still working to confirm Johnson is charged in Gamboa’s death.

Good! Glad to see some movement on Bellamy Gamboa's case. Interesting that the charge is murder - if they are referring to Bellamy - so that means VBPD has some evidence of murder even though they don't have a body?

From the Bring Bellamy Home FB page:

Charisse Gamboa will be speaking live with Nancy Grace to help find her sister, Bellamy!

Charisse is advised that she will be in good hands with Nancy, and that once she gets a case, she goes full force.

Listen live on Sirius XM radio plus an online podcast.

9am EST/6am PST

With all of the support from the media, volunteers, community, family, friends, we are only getting closer to BRINGING BELLAMY HOME!

Good! Glad to see some movement on Bellamy Gamboa's case. Interesting that the charge is murder - if they are referring to Bellamy - so that means VBPD has some evidence of murder even though they don't have a body?

I wonder what evidence they have. Hopefully, he confessed... just hope he tells where she is. That family needs closure. I feel so bad for her poor kids. :(

Lamont Johnson, 41, of Virginia Beach was arrested Sunday and charged with second-degree murder in the death of Bellamy Gamboa.

The Gamboa family declined to comment on Johnson’s arrest, but released a statement Sunday night.

“On behalf of the Gamboa family, we would like to continue to fight to bring Bellamy hame, as this is our priority. It will not be in our place to comment on anything regarding the critical investigation as that will remain VBPD’s priority.”

Arrest made in the death of missing Virginia Beach mother of 4, police say

BREAKING: Lamont Johnson confessed to killing Bellamy Gamboa by pushing her down stairs, falling on her and choking her until she died, according to court records. Johnson told investigators he put Gamboa in a bag and took her to Chesapeake. WAVY TV 10
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the kids have no Mommy.... what a terrible person to do such a thing!

I didn't know the following:

Snip: Although the couple had broken up, they continued to live together, a court document stated.

And from the same article:
Snip: In March 2017, she filed complaints and sought protective orders, claiming Johnson assaulted her on two occasions and was constantly threatening her.

She stated that Johnson had pushed her when she was holding one of their then 5-month-old babies, and twisted her arm. After falling on the floor twice, she called 911. Johnson then took the phone from her and threw it at a wall, the complaint said. When police arrived, she backed off on her claims because she was afraid for herself and her children, she wrote.
Ex-boyfriend of missing Virginia Beach woman confessed to killing her, documents say

And it ended with him taking her life in 2018.

I suppose I'm angry right now, but I don't understand why nothing was done to protect her and the children from him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008
Back