Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am going to listen now. I had really wanted to listen when it aired live to show the family support but was unable to do the the family dinner ,bath and bed routines.

I am going to listen now. I had really wanted to listen when it aired live to show the family support but was unable to do the the family dinner ,bath and bed routines.

I was in the same situation. I'm going to listen to the show now.

BTH Recap and exact wording it is basic. Not exact. If there are errors I am human and that is why they are there.:crazy:

Not a whole lot of information. witness saw her last at apartment and no credit card information since 29th of Jan 2010

Her friends were the ones on the show not her family. The friends all spoke of her in good terms but in past tense.

4 foot 11 and 120 pounds (somehow I think they are using out of date information)

Friends who collectively met her their freshman and sophomore years in high school ( not that it matters ) Erica ,Gabby and Nick.

She was reportedly smart witty funny and driven.Spunky.Lot of fun and level headed.

She worked as a waitress.

She got married in fredericksburg virginia. It was a small wedding.

Her husband was in the ROTC program at G.Mason and then went Army.

She was living in Ashburn with her boyfriend and she would be 7 months pregnant now.

Nick says she was a funny little person who was cute and always made people laugh. Funny reactions , Very friendly.

She was living with her boyfriend in ashburn as far as Gabby Erica and Nick know.

BTH asked who watched her son during the day ,wants to know her routine.

Erica said it was
Hard for her to handle all of it taking on alot ,going to school and being a mother , she was proud of her ,having to be two people at once.

Her brother Kyle gave gabby a message to give out.

He loves and misses her and wants her to come home. The message was longer but Gabby was reading to fast and the last half of the show if hard to replay due to weirdness on the player. So that is not exact and neither is the rest but I wanted to make sure people know her brothers statement is incomplete on this post and I hate doing that to his heartfelt message.

Great recap, Soulmagnet! I think you captured just about everything. Just to add your great list, here are some tidbits and details that I noticed from the program:

Erica met Bethany in her sophomore year of HS in their honors English class. She said Bethany is an amazing person. "I definitely miss her a lot." Bethany is very smart, extremely intelligent, and very driven.

Gabby met Bethany in her freshman year of college (2007). She could tell Bethany cared about her friends. They had chemistry class together and she really admired how Bethany was so determined and driven in class. She "really admired her smartness."

Nick met Bethany when he was a junior in HS and Bethany was a senior. He was the new kid in school and Bethany was very friendly. She was very driven and she worked really hard even after having her baby in college.

The 3 friends were around Bethany when she became pregnant with her son. Bethany texted Erica to tell her she had some news. Erica called Bethany and she could tell Bethany was a little nervous. She was "figuring out a game plan of how to handle it" and how to tell her parents, etc.

Bethany and Emile's wedding was a small private ceremony with just her family members. Bethany's sister was her Maid of Honor.

Bee and Rachel asked what Bethany and Emile's concerns were when they found out Emile was going to be deployed. Erica said, "They really think about K(their son) a lot. He is in their thoughts first and foremost."

Erica also said, "She was taking on a lot being a mother and going to school. I was so proud of her."

All 3 repeatedly stated that Bethany was extremely intelligent and driven. They were all proud of her. She was on track and was going to graduate.

This is what I got of Bethany's brother Kyle's message (I couldn't quite catch all of it either):

"I love and miss her very much and we hope she comes home very soon and to anyone that knows where she is, I really miss my sister and I need her back in my life."

I couldn't quite get the next part, but it sounded like, "so hopefully they do the right thing and bring her back home."

All 3 friends said they think of her every day and they miss her and her son misses her.

Bethany has now been missing for 66 days. Her family, from outward appearances, does not seem to care that they have not seen her in over 2 months. This case is growing cold. Bethany needs people out there to care. A new FaceBook page has been established to Fight for Bethany. Please join to help find Bethany... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_203067906380653

Bethany has now been missing for 66 days. Her family, from outward appearances, does not seem to care that they have not seen her in over 2 months. This case is growing cold. Bethany needs people out there to care. A new FaceBook page has been established to Fight for Bethany. Please join to help find Bethany... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_203067906380653

I agree with most, however, I just can't agree with saying her family does not seem to care - that's just sort of hurtful. We all handle things differently and they may be privy to more. Prayers for everyone involved.

After listening to BTH the other night, I can say that I believe Bethany's brother, Kyle, cares very much that Bethany is missing. I could hear the pain in his letter to Bethany even though it was read by her friend on the air. Her friends who were on the show also care that she's gone. They have so much pride in her and admiration for her.

As for other members of her family, including her parents and her husband, I can't speak to that. I don't have enough information about what they are doing to find her or how they feel about her being gone.

I am just trying to catch up with this case, have been off of the computer lately. Anyway, my daughters have quite a few friends that attend GMU and I will forward the flyers and FB pages.

Prayers for Bethany.

I don't always see the family (mom, dad, brother) not being at the for-front as being a bad thing. He family is probably confused and distraught. I would say that most people don't know what huge resources there are to help families of the missing. I just don't get the feeling in this situation that they love her any less or just don't care.
IMO. I could be wrong. Not the last time for that I am sure!

This is so sad. No media exposure for Bethany. 1000 people joined her facebook in 12 hours and then it was deleted. All those people heard about her and were interested or loved her and cared.

VA LE where is Bethany? What kinda case is this? Please tell us something.

This is so sad. No media exposure for Bethany. 1000 people joined her facebook in 12 hours and then it was deleted. All those people heard about her and were interested or loved her and cared.

VA LE where is Bethany? What kinda case is this? Please tell us something.

I didn't realize it was deleted. Do you know the reason why?

Wow , If this is true she will only be able to hide for so long. The baby should be due in July.

Sources: Authorities think missing Ashburn woman may be hiding

Investigators are taking seriously the possibility that a missing pregnant woman from Ashburn is alive and hiding, sources tell WTOP.

More: http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2346947

It would certainly be wonderful if Bethany is alive and hiding. Good news for both her and her unborn baby. But that article fails to elaborate on why they think this is a "possibility". IMO, it sounds like an excuse not to spend too much time and money looking for her because she might have left on her own and she might be hiding by choice.

It would certainly be wonderful if Bethany is alive and hiding. Good news for both her and her unborn baby. But that article fails to elaborate on why they think this is a "possibility". IMO, it sounds like an excuse not to spend too much time and money looking for her because she might have left on her own and she might be hiding by choice.

I wondered about her hiding,because her mother is just too calm and is very
quiet from the start.If my daughter were missing I would be everywhere trying
to locate her with every resource I could find.Added I would be a total wreck

If she is hiding and they find her,won't she be charged with something?

I don't know...she did not fake a crime scene or anything and adults have the right to take off. She didn't ask for LE to look for her. Sure, she should probably call in if she is okay. But I'm not sure it is a crime. Am thinking of Tiffany Tehan last year, the mother in Ohio who took off with a guy she had just met...she left her car in a manner that made it look like she had been yanked from it. She deserved to pay back the city. Not sure in this case, also not sure that Bethany is at all okay.

I'd LOVE to be proven wrong - but I cannot see this girl -with the described drive she possesses - walking away from the completion of her education. Speaking of which - anyone ever mention what she was majoring in????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back