GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really sad situation for his family.

I keep thinking about his family and how this happened off duty. LE's families worry enough about them while they are on duty. I'm sure his family thought he was much safer when he wasn't. As someone who is quite the worry wart, this reminds me how futile worry can often be; the worst things to happen are often those you never expected.

I wish I felt as confident in LE's handling of other cases, as I do here.

Ugh. I know. That is a bit of an elephant in the room for me. I want LE to be doing exactly what they are doing in this case - really, I am sincerely glad that they appear to be making such progress in the investigation so quickly. But... I also find myself wishing they were this on top of everything in EVERY case, regardless of the occupation of the missing person.

I keep thinking about his family and how this happened off duty. LE's families worry enough about them while they are on duty. I'm sure his family thought he was much safer when he wasn't. As someone who is quite the worry wart, this reminds me how futile worry can often be; the worst things to happen are often those you never expected.

Ditto for me too and Good Advice. Thank You

So sad. I also think that he is probably not alive. I can tell you that he would have fought with everything within him. If he was in a position to contact his mom he would have. He is extremely close to her. I hope his vehicle provides some clue as to what happened. His family is beyond devastated. Kevin is an incredible man with a huge heart and was truly loved by all. So very sad and I can't seem to think of anything else :(

So sad. I also think that he is probably not alive. I can tell you that he would have fought with everything within him. If he was in a position to contact his mom he would have. He is extremely close to her. I hope his vehicle provides some clue as to what happened. His family is beyond devastated. Kevin is an incredible man with a huge heart and was truly loved by all. So very sad and I can't seem to think of anything else :(

:grouphug: Really sad to read this, Twinbabyg.

Hopefully they will catch these scumbags soon!

I wonder if it was random, or did he know these guys? Did they follow him? Was he due to testify in any cases? Did someone he was involved with in a case hold a grudge? Or was he just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Really sad. And infuriating. Makes me sick that people like this are out there walking in the free world.

I hope they tell us where his car was found soon and what, if anything, was found in it (I doubt they will disclose the latter).

Ugh. I know. That is a bit of an elephant in the room for me. I want LE to be doing exactly what they are doing in this case - really, I am sincerely glad that they appear to be making such progress in the investigation so quickly. But... I also find myself wishing they were this on top of everything in EVERY case, regardless of the occupation of the missing person.

well said.

does anyone know if there is a scanner thread for Mr. Quick?

tia

I'm guessing the suspects might have left the country, or be trying to do so, with that much heat on them. LE would have BOLOs at the borders...(thinking out loud)...

http://wtvr.com/2014/02/03/kevin-quick-missing/

20140203-163551.jpg

Rather brazen to park the vehicle in a carport! Wonder if that house is vacant? From the video, I could see a camper, the house, and the carport, and LOTS of vehicles in the driveway, but I wonder if any of those vehicles belong to the property owners? I'm really shocked at where it was found. I mean to back the vehicle in, on someone's property? Why not just leave it on the side of the road somewhere, or a parking lot, etc. WHY that place? Within walking distance for them to go home? Had ride waiting? I don't know of course, but that's just strange to me!

does anyone know if there is a scanner thread for Mr. Quick?

tia
Not to my knowledge.

I'm wondering how much will be released on the scanners as well. Heck, at this point the suspect might be someone he knew, worked with, had a case against, etc. And yet could be a complete stranger!

Scary world...

Rather brazen to park the vehicle in a carport! Wonder if that house is vacant? From the video, I could see a camper, the house, and the carport, and LOTS of vehicles in the driveway, but I wonder if any of those vehicles belong to the property owners? I'm really shocked at where it was found. I mean to back the vehicle in, on someone's property? Why not just leave it on the side of the road somewhere, or a parking lot, etc. WHY that place? Within walking distance for them to go home? Had ride waiting? I don't know of course, but that's just strange to me!

Agreed.

3600 block of Cedar Hill Road
http://www.wset.com/story/24623407/police-recover-suv-of-missing-waynesboro-police-captain

This is as rural as it gets. No one would end up parking on this street near this house unless they had a ride out, or a connection to that location....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=3600...dar+Hill+Rd,+Mineral,+Virginia+23117&t=m&z=12

Click on the satellite image icon and see that there are only a handful of houses anywhere nearby. There is only one house that appears to be above 3600, and several that appear below 3600. Behind the lone house is a long dirt road with a single house on it.. kinda weird how that one house is offset from every major street...

Google has evidently not photo-mapped Cedar Hill Road where the Toyota was found. You cannot click the stick figure and set him on the street to get a street-view there. It is difficult from the birds eye satellite view to determine which house the SUV was found... It seems there should be a carport on the left front side of a ranch style house...

Can anyone tell which house it may have been?

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24615016/louisa-police-confirm-man-shot-during-party

This story links to the story about KWQ's Toyota being recovered in Louisa County. So someone pulls a gun at a party and demands money, then shoots a person at that party??

It seems to me that someone at that party must have know the perp who did the shooting. How on earth did that perp get into or near that party otherwise?

"State Police have recovered the SUV of a Virginia police captain who disappeared over the weekend.

Capt. Kevin W. Quick's silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner was spotted by Louisa County Sheriff deputies Monday, in a driveway belonging to Frank Houchens off Cedar Hill Road in Mineral. Investigators are now searching the vehicle for clues.

According to Houchens, he was watching the Super Bowl upstairs in his bedroom and went to bed after it was over. He says he awoke Monday morning and found the vehicle abandoned in his carport.

Houchens called police around 9 a.m. He says police from Harrisonburg showed him pictures of the suspect, but he did not recognize the suspect and doesn't know Quick.

Police say there is no evidence connecting Houchens to the vehicle or Quick's disappearance at this point in the investigation."

FROM: http://www.nbc12.com/story/24620442/watch-live-vsp-update-on-missing-police-captain

So the perps go to a party in Louisa with the stolen Toyota SUV, shoot someone, leave, and go about five miles down the road and ditch the Toyota in some local guys carport? How bizarre is this ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back