VA VA - Christopher Douthat, 24, Rocky Mount, 25 Oct 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So attacked by a friend and lost one of his twins...wow. I am praying for his wife, remaining twin and the rest of his family. I hope he just needed some time to sort things out.

This just breaks my heart. I am very familiar with Rocky Mount and the Burnt Chimney area. They are not far from where we live and my husband's father is from that area.

Chris has been gone for a month and the weather here is about to get nasty, with ice forecasted for tonight, heavy rains tomorrow afternoon and snow on Wednesday. I don't even want to type these words, but if life was just too much to bear and he wanted to end it, the Blue Ridge Parkway is not too far from where his Mom dropped him off.

I still can't shake the feeling I know him from somewhere.

I found his FB page but my cell won't let me link it here. Oddly enough, we have 4 friends in common, one of which I used to work with.

Missing a MONTH and we're just now knowing about it. Great! UGH! Wonder why his partner/wife/mother of his child didn't report him missing. Or his Mom that dropped him off at work, and then didn't hear from him for two weeks?? Wouldn't he have needed a ride home from work that day?

beach, you and I must live in the same county. It's cold tonight. Water frozen for animals earlier today.

Sadly I don't believe this will end well. Sounds like Christopher may no longer be on this earth, and now his body MUST be found and whoever responsible prosecuted! This is terrible! We aren't suppose have things like this in our area.

Nov 19th, his partner/wife/girlfriend/mother of the twins, has moved on and has a new man! Damn!

Nov 19th, his partner/wife/girlfriend/mother of the twins, has moved on and has a new man! Damn!

I saw that on FB. That could be some of the family problems that put up the red flag for LE

What a baffling, heartbreaking, awful case. Oh, and let's add shocking to the list.

Missing a MONTH and we're just now knowing about it. Great! UGH! Wonder why his partner/wife/mother of his child didn't report him missing. Or his Mom that dropped him off at work, and then didn't hear from him for two weeks?? Wouldn't he have needed a ride home from work that day?

beach, you and I must live in the same county. It's cold tonight. Water frozen for animals earlier today.

Sadly I don't believe this will end well. Sounds like Christopher may no longer be on this earth, and now his body MUST be found and whoever responsible prosecuted! This is terrible! We aren't suppose have things like this in our area.

I had wondered the same thing...why did they wait so long to report him missing?

I'm in Bedford County...are you close?

Knew it! Bedford Co here as well. 2 hrs late for school today. And brrrrr it's cold!

Sounds to me like he was upset by the apparent breakup. I wouldn't report my new ex missing, I'd assume he was off mad, pouting or licking his wounds. Not so sure about mom unless he communicated he needed some time.

I feel much less fearful for him since it appears his relationship broke off. It doesn't seem very common for a man (not a teen) to run off and hurt himself due to that.

Sounds to me like he was upset by the apparent breakup. I wouldn't report my new ex missing, I'd assume he was off mad, pouting or licking his wounds. Not so sure about mom unless he communicated he needed some time.

I feel much less fearful for him since it appears his relationship broke off. It doesn't seem very common for a man (not a teen) to run off and hurt himself due to that.

I actually fear for him more given his relationship ended. The death of his child must have made his state of mind fragile. Couple that with the loss of his fiancé/wife to another man and, assuming she has custody of the kids, the loss of his surviving infant daughter and toddler son (at least in the day to day). The loss he suffered in a short amount of time was tremendous. But, we really don't know anything about his character. Maybe he is strong enough to handle the grief and met with foul play.

Had he recently split with his gf? I've seen some stuff that may suggest that she's in a relationship with someone else.

Sorry just saw it again in the first post on this page. Damn!

This is odd to me with the conflicting info. His boss says he's adamant about providing for his family, and yet nobody thought it odd he was missing. His mom dropped him off and yet didn't hear back from him? How did she think he was getting to and from work? I guess there are things that's being kept from the public. His life was surely hard at the time.

This poor guy, what a horrible year he's had! Hopefully, he just left to go start a new life, which I have to say I can't blame him at ALL.

jmo

I actually fear for him more given his relationship ended. The death of his child must have made his state of mind fragile. Couple that with the loss of his fiancé/wife to another man and, assuming she has custody of the kids, the loss of his surviving infant daughter and toddler son (at least in the day to day). The loss he suffered in a short amount of time was tremendous. But, we really don't know anything about his character. Maybe he is strong enough to handle the grief and met with foul play.

MamaJoJo, I agree. If you read his posts on his FB page it sounds like he was madly in love with his wife and loved his children dearly. He was so excited about the birth of his twins. Broke my heart to read his posts.

This is odd to me with the conflicting info. His boss says he's adamant about providing for his family, and yet nobody thought it odd he was missing. His mom dropped him off and yet didn't hear back from him? How did she think he was getting to and from work? I guess there are things that's being kept from the public. His life was surely hard at the time.

October 25th was a Friday so maybe at first his Mom wouldn't be alarmed because if the roofing company didn't work on the weekends she wouldn't have to take him until Monday. Maybe the wife told the Mom that he was riding with somebody else to work and that's why she didn't think anything of it.

I emailed mine and Chris' mutual FB friend and asked him if he had heard any updates on Chris' disappearance and he said he doesn't know him. I don't really find that odd, I have "friends" on FB that I don't know either...friends of friends that send me friend requests.

MamaJoJo, I agree. If you read his posts on his FB page it sounds like he was madly in love with his wife and loved his children dearly. He was so excited about the birth of his twins. Broke my heart to read his posts.

And, it seems the love was reciprocated. And, then suddenly everything changed.

There has been no mention of how/why their son passed away. Was it sudden? Was is drawn out? Was that the stressor that caused them to break up?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back