VA VA - Christopher Douthat, 24, Rocky Mount, 25 Oct 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I don't think he left voluntarily. I've seen nothing in way of a search team. Maybe they don't know where to start a search?? It's been so long. 8 months, and his family nor friends have heard from him. Whoever did something to him should be looking over their shoulder all the time....never know when someone will turn on you!!!

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/roanoke-remembers-those-who-are-missing/30903020

I met your Mom tonight at the candlelight vigil, Chris. She is a sweet woman. She's trying to be strong and she knows you wouldn't just disappear and not call her. We hugged each other and I told her that I was the one who had started this thread for you and I promised her I would keep putting your face and story out there. She misses you so much and wants you to come home. Where are you?

Via CharleyProject FB page:
Two-year-old missing persons case lacking information
http://www.wdbj7.com/video/twoyearold-missing-persons-case-lacking-information/34407476

Print article to accompany the video in your post: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/Fam...-Franklin-County-man-s-disappearance/34405052

CUE Center for Missing Persons hold community event
Published: October 24, 2015, 8:12 pm Updated: October 24, 2015, 11:38 pm
http://wsls.com/2015/10/24/cue-center-for-missing-persons-hold-community-event/
“We need the awareness because there are lot of communities that someone goes missing, they don’t know who to turn to and things like this is keeping hope alive, keeping the hope alive for everyone in the family,” Mary Douthat, Chris’ mom said.

Chris has been missing for 2 years today.

I wonder if Shayna is letting Mary see her grand daughter?

VINTON, Va. -
WDBJ7 has spoken with investigators in the Vinton Police Department about this case.

They say Douthat's family filed the missing persons report in Vinton on November 9, nearly two weeks after he was last scene.

Detective Sergeant Jimmy Testerman says that Douthat was having some family issues he was dealing with. Those family issues are why investigators are calling his disappearance suspicious. They say it doesn't make sense for Douthat to just disappear.

At his employers office, Vinton Roofing, they still have Douthat's most recent paycheck, unopened, on a desk.

One of his bosses tells us Douthat was adamant about providing for his family, and it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't pick up a paycheck.

If you have any information about Christopher Douthat's whereabouts, Vinton Police say to contact them

Detectives have been able to trace Douthat's final known movements to the Vinton Kroger, around 3:30 p.m. on October 25.
There, he cashed his paycheck before a friend dropped him off at this bar around four.
Bar patrons say they recall him in Chap's until about eight.
Another friend says she was supposed to meet Christopher Douthat at the Food Lion in southeast Roanoke at 5 p.m. The friend also said that Douthat told her that he had plans to meet a friend, in a parking lot, before she arrived. When she got here, the friend said, Douthat was nowhere to be found.
While there is no video evidence backing either story, cell phone records back the Food Lion exchange.
Douthat told his friend he was in this parking lot, and that's the last anyone has heard or seen from him since.

http://www.wset.com/story/24149213/franklin-co-man-missing-for-six-weeks

BBM

In reading over the thread just now, I don't remember seeing this (BBM) discrepancy before. If Chris didn't pick up his paycheck from Vinton Roofing, what paycheck did he cash at the Vinton Kroger? Did anyone else catch this?

Hope remains for Roanoke man who disappeared 3 years ago

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Search-still-continues-three-years-later-for-a-Roanoke-man-who-disappeared--393031681.html

Three years ago, a young man disappeared from Roanoke. But on Saturday, Christopher Douthat's family continued to search for him with new hope.

"I'm not gonna give up, we're warriors, and we'll never give out until the truth comes out. And I know in my heart that someone out here knows what has happened to him and they need to come forward, I need closure," Christopher's mother Mary Douthat said.

Local cold case for missing man gets new attention from state police

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/L...ew-attention-from-state-police-477233703.html

According to the article, he was last seen on Fri., Oct. 25, 2013. He got a ride after work to Kroger in Vinton where he cashed a check. He then went to Chap's Tavern on Campbell Avenue, and was seen in southeast.

He was due in Court in Franklin County on Mon., Oct. 28, 2013. So he went missing just a few days before he was due to be in court. He and his ex-girlfriend/mother of his twins, both had no-contact orders against each other.

Hope and pray this investigation finds the truth and finds Christopher.

Christopher Ray Douthat – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Douthat was last seen on October 25, 2013. His mother drove him to his roofing job that day, and after finishing work early, he got a ride to a Kroger grocery store in Vinton, Virginia and cashed his paycheck at 3:30 p.m. A friend dropped him off at Chap's Tavern in the 800 block of Campbell Avenue in Roanoke, Virginia at 4:30 p.m.

He was supposed to meet a female friend in the parking lot of the Food Lion grocery store at 5:00 p.m., but he wasn't there when his friend arrived. Other patrons from Chap's Tavern recalled that he stayed at the bar until 8:00 p.m. and left on foot. He wasn't reported missing for almost two weeks. Since his disappearance, there has been no activity on his bank account.

In February 2013, nine months before Douthat's disappearance, he and his live-in girlfriend, who was pregnant at the time, were assaulted by an acquaintance who broke into their Kingston Road home with his brother. Douthat and his girlfriend sustained cuts and bruises in the attack. Douthat testified at the trial of one of the assailants, who was found guilty, but the trial for the other hadn't yet happened by the time Douthat disappeared. The second suspect was later also found guilty.

Authorities don't believe Douthat's disappearance is related to the earlier crime, but he is considered to be missing under suspicious circumstances. He had had a somewhat troubled life with some prior arrests.

His infant son died in August 2013, just a few months before Douthat disappeared. His son had a surviving twin sister, and Douthat had recently ended his relationship with her mother. They were fighting over custody of their daughter, and she had taken out an order of protection of Douthat. He disappeared three days before a court hearing on the matter.

Douthat's mother stated her son enjoyed hunting, fishing and working on cars, and that he adored his baby daughter. His mother doesn't believe his personal problems would have caused him to abandon his family. His case remains unsolved.

Interesting. I live in the area, just just pulled someone else out of Philpot this week. Never heard about this disappearance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back