GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I missed it yesterday in Codi's mother's testimony that she said Cory told her the reason he needed to return Codi to her before he had to "severely" hurt him was because Cory claimed Codi was "fondling" his younger twin siblings. Prior to taking the children he was reticent to take Codi because Codi was "a mama's boy"

I am just sickened. He scapegoated Codi because Codi liked his mama better MOO. Makes me think the entire time Cory had Codi he was actively abusing him :( :( Shades of Ruby Franke and her excuses for abusing her two youngest children

The brother claimed Cory Bigsby would often punish Codi and said “he would spank him.”

He also claimed there was an instance in which he couldn’t wake up his brother Codi. “His face was red, it was dry, and it was bruised,” the brother said.
[snip]
“I asked [my dad] what was wrong with Codi. He said nothing was wrong with him,” the brother said.

When the prosecution asked the boy if he believed his dad, he said: “No…because [Codi] looked dead.”
Codi Bigsby's brother testifies in their father's murder trial

4 p.m. — More details on testimony of Codi's brother​

From another room, the 7-year-old brother of Codi Bigsby said didn't like living with his father Cory because he told lies about Codi. The boy said his mom is taking care of him now.
Throughout his son's testimony, Cory Bigsby didn't appear to show emotion. He leaned back in his chair and yawned at some points.
The boy testified about the last time he saw Codi. It wasn't clear when, but he said he was 4 years old. Based on his birthday, that would've been in 2021.

4 p.m. — More details on testimony of Codi's brother​

From another room, the 7-year-old brother of Codi Bigsby said didn't like living with his father Cory because he told lies about Codi. The boy said his mom is taking care of him now.
Throughout his son's testimony, Cory Bigsby didn't appear to show emotion. He leaned back in his chair and yawned at some points.
The boy testified about the last time he saw Codi. It wasn't clear when, but he said he was 4 years old. Based on his birthday, that would've been in 2021.
Unreal yawned while his son testifying. He's a monster.and based on the age the last time the boy saw his brother it was in 2021 that's a long time before Cory reported jmoo

6:15 p.m. — Trial could stretch into next week
By the end of the day on Thursday, the prosecution had called 10 witnesses, with more expected to take the stand on Friday. The potential witnesses of the fifth day of Bigsby's trial could include correctional officers at the Hampton Roads Regional Jail and an FBI agent.

The prosecution could rest its case on Friday, at which point it'll be the defense's turn to present its case. The trial was originally scheduled to last until Friday, but it could now run into early next week.

I wish we could watch this tomorrow I want to hear what the correctional officers have to say, apparently defense has 30 witnesses to call non of them Cory . Codi's brother was so brave I hope they all are getting counseling,they deserve so much more. In a way I am so glad they are reunited with the mom and are all together. Jmio

MAR 8, 2024
Defense attorneys for Cory Bigsby are likely to start presenting their case to the jury on Friday.

It remains to be seen exactly which witnesses the Defense plans to call, although they said earlier in the week they plan to call a female family member of Cory Bigsby.

[...]

During opening statements, Attorney Kenneth Singleton told the jury they planned to present evidence that Codi was alive between June and January.

[...]

MAR 8, 2024
Defense attorneys for Cory Bigsby are likely to start presenting their case to the jury on Friday.

It remains to be seen exactly which witnesses the Defense plans to call, although they said earlier in the week they plan to call a female family member of Cory Bigsby.

[...]

During opening statements, Attorney Kenneth Singleton told the jury they planned to present evidence that Codi was alive between June and January.

[...]
1st BBM - probably that obnoxious sister of his who was so vocal about how Codi was alive and they could prove it :rolleyes:

2nd BBM - I'll believe if when I see it, Jose Baez said a lot of things in his opening at the trial for Caylee's birther that he never once touched on during trial. Defense attorney say plenty - show me the proof Mr. Singleton, and it better be more than the mouthy sister of Cory. JMO MOO

Last edited:

12:15 p.m. — HRRJ correctional officer testifies about father's jailhouse confessions​

This morning, prosecutors called a Hampton Roads Regional Jail correctional officer to the stand. He focused on one of Cory Bigsby's jailhouse confessions, which 13News Now has reported before.
Bigsby made several inconsistent statements about Codi's death while in custody at the regional jail.
The officer testified about the early morning of Aug. 4, 2022, when he said Bigsby prompted him to write something down.
The officer read off the statement in court and began to cry.
It said in part, "I found my son unresponsive, tried CPR, I could not revive him."
The officer alleged Bigsby said he tried several times to revive Codi and begged God to save him. Bigsby allegedly said he realized Codi wasn't coming back, then put him in a trash bag and left in a car for three days.
According to the officer, Bigsby's remarks went on to say he got rid of the items on Garrett A. Morgan Boulevard in Prince George's County, Maryland. Authorities have searched there to no avail.

I've been thinking about the timing of Cory reporting Codi missing. I suspect it was a combination of things that prompted him to do so when he did. If Codi was killed sometime around June of 2021 it was shortly after his email to the children's mother about wanting to give him back before he "severely hurt" Codi.

By January of 2022, I think too many relatives were asking "where is Codi?" Mom was pressuring him about "where are my kids?" "When can I see my kids?". His still living kids were approaching school age and would eventually be on the radar of mandated reporters. He would want them in school, MOO for the free daycare and he wouldn't have to leave them alone at home unsupervised anymore, but what if one of the children talked about the now MIA brother Codi?

He would need to establish that Codi is not MIA but missing, through no fault of Cory's, and LE cannot locate him. How tragic and sad. Might even earn him points with those future mandated reporters at places like head start program, school, and aftercare programs.

Cory was set to move to a new house from the apartment he was in. New house, new neighbors, I think he was envisioning a clean slate, a do over if you will. Leave all things Codi back at the apartments and move on in my new Codi free life at my new home with my boys. JMO

Last edited:
1st BBM - probably that obnoxious sister of his who was so vocal about how Codi was alive and they could prove it :rolleyes:

2nd BBM - I'll believe if when I see it, Jose Baez said a lot of things in his opening at the trial for Caylee's birther that he never once touched on during trial. Defense attorney say plenty - show me the proof Mr. Singleton, and it better be more than the mouthy sister of Cory. JMO MOO
The fact that she will probably get to testify angers me even more, if that makes sense. She has lied and lied and didn’t once show an ounce of concern about this little boy. She disgusts me almost as much as he does

MAR 8, 2024
[...]

A former corrections officer at Hampton Roads Regional Jail testified about writings made by Bigsby in a notebook. It includes a statement with a giant X through it, but it offers the most disturbing details in the case.

According to the officer’s testimony, it reads “On 18 June 2021… I grabbed and dragged Codi, bumped his head on the floor and beat him with my fists… He went into cardiac arrest. I performed CPR but he did not respond.”

Bigsby then goes onto allegedly write that he defiled Codi’s body with his own excrement. Bigsby adds that he ended up burning his own clothes, and concludes the statement with the phrase “please accept my confession.”

[...]

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem