VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well notice on the warrant list is a NOTE TO WELLS found on the kitchen table but they dont tell us what it says. I think we can assume this was the note MR WELLS left for MEL when he was there telling her to get in touch with him, probably handed it to Sam and Sam tossed it on the table.

Paximus - I thought Mr. Wells had no contact with Sam when he waited all those hours at the Kelly home. Did they have contact with Sam? If not, did Mel's parents leave a note on the door or step and Sam took it and put it on the table/counter?

Paximus - I thought Mr. Wells had no contact with Sam when he waited all those hours at the Kelly home. Did they have contact with Sam? If not, did Mel's parents leave a note on the door or step and Sam took it and put it on the table/counter?

That's what it sounds like to me. Maybe that was the day Sam was out shopping? Mel's dad is probably very lucky that he didn't cross paths with Sam.

One pill found on the floor of the vehicle too.

As far as the notebook, maybe he was writing some lyrics for a new EP...

Maxalt, which was also found is for treating migraines. I looked up oxycontin for that and it is also used for migraines. The pills could all be Mr. Niederbrock's.

Maxalt, which was also found is for treating migraines. I looked up oxycontin for that and it is also used for migraines. The pills could all be Mr. Niederbrock's.

Except that Debra's empty pill bottle was found in Mark's car as I read it anyway, so that seems a little odd. Must have been transfered there by Sam.

I think the comment is to imply that the other inmates are *ahem* enjoying his presence . . .

Though, I'm sure he must be kept away from the other inmates . . . Or have some sort of security . . .

Ah yes… you might be right. I was looking at Sam's photo earlier and thinking about what a baby face he has which then led to the thought that I sure hope they don't put him in GP.

Except that Debra's empty pill bottle was found in Mark's car as I read it anyway, so that seems a little odd. Must have been transfered there by Sam.

Oxies are extremely popular and kids using their parents prescriptions is very common. We hypothesized earlier that oxies might be involved and their mention in the warrant means the police thought so also.

Generally, with warrants, the police have to spell out specifically what they're looking for. This means to me that the police were looking for prescription drugs.

Ah yes… you might be right. I was looking at Sam's photo earlier and thinking about what a baby face he has which then led to the thought that I sure hope they don't put him in GP.

I would be shocked if he was. Obviously, i know little about Virginia penitentiary protocol (except that if I had a choice out of all the places to be locked up, Virginia is pretty low on my list), but with a case this shocking and popular, they usually stick such newsworthy perpetrators in solitary.

I'm going over the court documents now and I'll let you all know anything interesting I pick out. The grand larceny charge to me seems to be a softball charge: if the capital murder charge doesn't work out, they can still get him in jail for a while on this.

Oxies are extremely popular and kids using their parents prescriptions is very common. We hypothesized earlier that oxies might be involved and their mention in the warrant means the police thought so also.

Generally, with warrants, the police have to spell out specifically what they're looking for. This means to me that the police were looking for prescription drugs.

There were pills on the floor of the car so it seems that would be enough to get a warrant here.

Also this helps to explain his calm demeanor after the crimes.

W:behindbarasn't it stated that he was on suicide watch at sometime? :behindbar

Yes, this we know - I was just pointing out that because the pills were in the car that doesn't mean they all belonged to Mark.

The search warrant for the car does not specifically list drugs. And this was not general warrant request - they found four dead bodies. The magistrate had no problemo signing a warrant that was pretty general for finding any evidence related to the crime scene, deceased or suspect.

The capital murder charges really aren't that interesting and are pretty redundant. Basically, killing more than one person in VA in a span of three years is a capital crime, and he therefore can be put to death.

The charges have convinced me that the death penalty is likely here, if he is found guilty of premeditated murder.

Yes, this we know - I was just pointing out that because the pills were in the car that doesn't mean they all belonged to Mark.

The search warrant for the car does not specifically list drugs. And this was not general warrant request - they found four dead bodies. The magistrate had no problemo signing a warrant that was pretty general for finding any evidence related to the crime scene, deceased or suspect.

If i'm not mistaken (and I might be) it also said they took the prescription pills from the house. I think, though, after finding the pill in the car they had basically a right to go find the pills. Also, they might regularly seek out drugs in murder cases.

Oxy, though, should not be in a car. If the pastor dropped it there, he was most likely driving on Oxy. Which I don't believe.

SW Virginia has a huge Oxy problem. Rural folks in VA seem to love the stuff. I have to wonder though although the bottle is Kelly's, I can't see Sam jumping in the car for probably the first time and then opening pill bottles and spilling them all over the place. There really wasn't much time between the last police visit and the time he left if he was wrecked only a couple of hours later. She might have dropped it on a drive with her husband. Anyone know who had migraines?

If he had a long drive ahead, seems like he would have waited on the pills. Someone sucked down some energy drinks though. A few containers found. When I was a foolish youngster, we did a little bio-experimentation with balancing the forces of chemical up and down. I wonder what an energy drink/oxy combo does.

I also considered a drug motive at first, Oxycontin makes people do some crazy things to get it, but it seems likely if he killed for drugs he would have a problem that would have been noted by now. He would be having a very rough time without it.

SW Virginia has a huge Oxy problem. Rural folks in VA seem to love the stuff. I have to wonder though although the bottle is Kelly's, I can't see Sam jumping in the car for probably the first time and then opening pill bottles and spilling them all over the place. There really wasn't much time between the last police visit and the time he left if he was wrecked only a couple of hours later. She might have dropped it on a drive with her husband. Anyone know who had migraines?

If he had a long drive ahead, seems like he would have waited on the pills. Someone sucked down some energy drinks though. A few containers found. When I was a foolish youngster, we did a little bio-experimentation with balancing the forces of chemical up and down. I wonder what an energy drink/oxy combo does.

I also considered a drug motive at first, Oxycontin makes people do some crazy things to get it, but it seems likely if he killed for drugs he would have a problem that would have been noted by now. He would be having a very rough time without it.

Dropping a highly controlled opiate like oxy in someone else's car is a pretty negligent thing to do. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but if this were the case the Pastor would have had a pretty big problem on his hands if he got pulled over and had his car searched.

Maybe he dropped the pills after landing the car in the ditch? Jittery after all those energy drinks he might have figured he needed to quickly calm down.

Maybe he dropped the pills after landing the car in the ditch? Jittery after all those energy drinks he might have figured he needed to quickly calm down.

I was thinking he probably took a handful of them and shoved them in his pockets. Could have fallen out of the pocket of his baggy jeans.

There were pills on the floor of the car so it seems that would be enough to get a warrant here.

Also this helps to explain his calm demeanor after the crimes.

The pill thing might also explain why emma, mel, and her mom were such sound sleepers. Maybe he drugged them? Just a thought.

There were a lot of pills in the car:

213- Blue pill in wrapper with hair
216- Empty pill bottle in the name of Debra Kelly
217- 3 pills – 2 white, 1 pink
218- 1 ibuprofen bottle with 4 green pills and 6 rust in color
221- 2 white pills
225- Pill bottle with pills, pills from passenger floor board
227- Pill bottle containing 23 blue tablets, 5 Watson 825 pills, also 1 Watson 825 from floor, 1 pill Maxalt – MLT – pre-packaged pill – all were from underneath passenger seat
232 – 1 white pill (Watson 825) located in Right rear floor area

3 bottles, one in the name of Debra Kelly
1 OTC ibuprofen bottle
Numerous pills

Doesn't sound like he just tried to shove pills in his pocket and was sloppy does it?

Those are all given a separate evidence number so they must all be separate items of evidence.

Edited to add: If I'd been where Sam was for as many days, I don't think there would be all these pills left! He didn't take the drugs with him. How did they get strewn about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow