VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one of Sam's pages he had a picture of a row of Monster energy drinks and said he drank them all in one day (and that it was a bad idea).

He did love the energy drinks but seemed to prefer Monster. If he went to Kroger and bought some, odd there were only Amp, Rock Star and Red Bull cans that I could see in the warrants.

There were a lot of pills in the car:

213- Blue pill in wrapper with hair
216- Empty pill bottle in the name of Debra Kelly
217- 3 pills – 2 white, 1 pink
218- 1 ibuprofen bottle with 4 green pills and 6 rust in color
221- 2 white pills
225- Pill bottle with pills, pills from passenger floor board
227- Pill bottle containing 23 blue tablets, 5 Watson 825 pills, also 1 Watson 825 from floor, 1 pill Maxalt – MLT – pre-packaged pill – all were from underneath passenger seat
232 – 1 white pill (Watson 825) located in Right rear floor area

3 bottles, one in the name of Debra Kelly
1 OTC ibuprofen bottle
Numerous pills

Doesn't sound like he just tried to shove pills in his pocket and was sloppy does it?

Those are all given a separate evidence number so they must all be separate items of evidence.

I just finished the warrants and was also struck by how many pills were in the car. I'm not sure what you're alluding to, but it looks to me like he took these pills. I mean, the pastor probably didn't drop a medicine cabinet's worth of pills in his car, would he?

I'm wondering if the note was written with the Sharpie marker that was taken as evidence.

I was thinking about this also, or maybe Sam used the sharpie to draw stuff on the bodies or the walls, maybe the occult stuff that was reportered early on was drawn with sharpies.

Anyone's guess at this point on those sharpies.

The pill thing might also explain why emma, mel, and her mom were such sound sleepers. Maybe he drugged them? Just a thought.

this has been one of my first thoughts too, that the 3 women were drugged to be sound sleepers during this ordeal. i cannot fathom not hearing a thing when the first one was bludgeuned (sp).

Paximus - I thought Mr. Wells had no contact with Sam when he waited all those hours at the Kelly home. Did they have contact with Sam? If not, did Mel's parents leave a note on the door or step and Sam took it and put it on the table/counter?

I thought that I had read that he spoke to Sam at the door of the house but I could be wrong, in any case I would bet the note was from Mel's father either left with Sam or left at the door and Sam took it in as you say.

No, that's what I kept trying to say regarding the warrant for the car. There was one pill bottle from the house IIRC, no strewn about meds like in the car.

Drugs are not specifically listed in the affidavit for the warrant because I don't think it needed to be THAT specific based on what was discovered at the house and seeing that it was Mark's car that the suspect had been ticketed for driving.

Perhaps a few of the pills and the ibuprofen were the pastor's (blue pill in wrapper = V?)

But Sam took the pills into the car with him, but how did they get so haphazzardly strewn and separated from their containers?

Maxalt can be a pink oblong shaped pill. We don't know who the migrane sufferer was so it's hard to tell but Oxies are prescribed to many people who are getting over such an invasive surgery as a joint replacement so I'm betting they were Debra's.

Again, why all over the place? Why is the movie in the car? What's up with all the stuff he put in the car but didn't put in his bag to take out of town with him?

Except that Debra's empty pill bottle was found in Mark's car as I read it anyway, so that seems a little odd. Must have been transfered there by Sam.

Well maybe or maybe not, I certainly do not like to speak ill of the dead but Mark was a recovering alcoholic and its not a reach to assume he may have become addicted to opiates and was getting extra pills from Debra who had had joint replacement surgery and likely was getting a nice supply of opiates from the doctor each month.

Except that Debra's empty pill bottle was found in Mark's car as I read it anyway, so that seems a little odd. Must have been transfered there by Sam.

Well maybe or maybe not, I certainly do not like to speak ill of the dead but Mark was a recovering alcoholic and its not a reach to assume he may have become addicted to opiates and was getting extra pills from Debra who had had joint replacement surgery and likely was getting a nice supply of opiates from the doctor each month.

True, anyone can get controlled substance prescriptions and have a problem, pastor or not. There were a few other pill bottles, and for some reason, only the one is listed with the patient's name in the search warrant.

Emma's ROOM: I am assuming - front bedroom also the one SKR posters are taken from... some things that stick out:

One weapon that is thought to be used in all the murders - the ball-peen hammer
A handwritten letter from a drawer - must be associated
Underwear from the bed
SD Card - this is one of two found, the other in the Den - Emma mentioned her card got full at SFTW - I usually keep the cards in the camera...

From the DEN:

The wet hair had maggots in it that were collected. That means the hair was also attached to decaying matter. Someone was bludgeoned in the den perhaps.

Another SD Card 2 GB

Random place:

Keys x 6 - in the AC Unit?????????????

Did they take Mark's car to the SFTW event? Those pills could have been the girls also. Girls seem to love pills and I have friends whose cars are a mess, they never clean them, Mark may not have even known they were there. I keep my cars spotless but a lot of people do not.

Also, I dont think we can discount the fact that Mark could have been using these pills himself as a recovering alcoholic under a lot of pressure, a recent divorice and a troubled daughter.

If Sam was an opiate addict he would have been going through some pretty serious withdrawls after a few days in jail, unless he was just a casual user but I know my opiates and one does not remain a casual user long with opiate usage. One is either using a lot of opiates or not using them at all, that is usually the result one way or another.

Emma's ROOM: I am assuming - front bedroom also the one SKR posters are taken from... some things that stick out:

One weapon that is thought to be used in all the murders - the ball-peen hammer
A handwritten letter from a drawer - must be associated
Underwear from the bed
SD Card - this is one of two found, the other in the Den - Emma mentioned her card got full at SFTW - I usually keep the cards in the camera...

From the DEN:

The wet hair had maggots in it that were collected. That means the hair was also attached to decaying matter. Someone was bludgeoned in the den perhaps.

Another SD Card 2 GB

Random place:

Keys x 6 - in the AC Unit?????????????

Likely keys to a medication cabinet (Moms oxys??) that mom was hiding from kids or keys to gun or safe cabinet, or just spare keys in case regular set is lost.

Sure but why take them into evidence relating to a quadruple homicide. Just a curious thing. There were keys there, keys probably Emma's in the backyard at the bench, why didn't Sam take Debra's car?

Not sure which car they took on the long trip, but if Debra had mini van, that would be more comfortable for 5 than Mark's car. I can't imagine jamming 3 people in the back of a car for a roughly 10-13 hour drive???

Sure but why take them into evidence relating to a quadruple homicide. Just a curious thing. There were keys there, keys probably Emma's in the backyard at the bench, why didn't Sam take Debra's car?

Not sure which car they took on the long trip, but if Debra had mini van, that would be more comfortable for 5 than Mark's car. I can't imagine jamming 3 people in the back of a car for a roughly 10-13 hour drive???

If the keys were there, he didn't take the car because he wasn't ready to leave yet.

Likely keys to a medication cabinet (Moms oxys??) that mom was hiding from kids or keys to gun or safe cabinet, or just spare keys in case regular set is lost.

Maybe that's why Sam didn't take Debra's car. She'd hidden the keys.

On an earlier thread a local mentioned that the family van was in the driveway the whole time. They wondered why Sam hadn't taken it. I'm guessing now that either Debra had hidden the keys, or the van was low on gas. If it's true that the pastor was heading to Richmond (after dropping by the house) then he probably had a full tank of gas.

Now I'm wondering why the hell the cops didn't see all the pills scattered all over the car when they found Sam in the ditch. I'm not a lawyer so I may be wrong but I believe it's illegal in VA to put prescription medicine into a different prescription bottle. In other words you can't carry your valium around in your azithromycin bottle. If I'm right then they could have arrested Sam on the spot.

ETA: Actually, they could have arrested him for driving without a license.

On an earlier thread a local mentioned that the family van was in the driveway the whole time. They wondered why Sam hadn't taken it. I'm guessing now that either Debra had hidden the keys, or the van was low on gas. If it's true that the pastor was heading to Richmond (after dropping by the house) then he probably had a full tank of gas.

Perhaps Emma was known to take off on joy rides in mom's van so mom made a habit of hiding keys at all times. Makes sense.

Now I'm wondering why the hell the cops didn't see all the pills scattered all over the car when they found Sam in the ditch. I'm not a lawyer so I may be wrong but I believe it's illegal in VA to put prescription medicine into a different prescription bottle. In other words you can't carry your valium around in your azithromycin bottle. If I'm right then they could have arrested Sam on the spot.

ETA: Actually, they could have arrested him for driving without a license.

No DL is probable cause to search vehicle so for some reason they either decided not to search or did search and pills werent there at that time. My guess is they didnt search, they let him walk and had the car towed and went back to their donuts.

Perhaps Emma was known to take off on joy rides in mom's van so mom made a habit of hiding keys at all times. Makes sense.

Exactly what I was thinking. The parents have been portrayed as pushovers. But I believe they were very involved parents who were doing their best to help Emma through her growing (up) pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow