Found Deceased VA - Cynthia Carver, 35, Southampton County, 21 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now.... I have to call on you @SeesSeas - I tried getting into the Virginia Court Circuit system... but it's not working for me - sometimes it does - and sometimes it doesn't....

His name is James Herbert Goodwyn, Jr. -39 years old in Southampton County Circuit. That's all I have...

TIA! if you can find a date for me! :)
Hmmm.... I get an ERROR at the Circuit Court link for Southampton County:
IBM HTTP Server 8.5
ERROR:

Case Status and Information

Circuit Court
  • Case Court Case Information
    Online access to civil and criminal cases in select circuit courts. Cases may be searched by locality using name, case number, or hearing date.
IBM HTTP Server 8.5

I tried District Court and found nothing for this defendant:
https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing
Southampton General District Court

upload_2019-6-29_7-42-32.png

It seems that there is a NEW link for a statewide search. :confused:
I found GOODWYN, JAMES HERBERT; JR
and I found many cases in his name in both of these courts (see snip image below):

Southampton Circuit Court
Virginia Beach General District Court
but I did not find the current case for this thread! o_O
Perhaps the case isn't filed into the court system yet because it's a fresh arrest and it's the weekend.
Virginia Circuit Court

Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System
upload_2019-6-29_8-1-56.png

Thank you very much for checking all those sites SeesSeas!

here's some chocolate for your help!

109x49px-LL-8c855c44_chocolate.gif

It seems that there is a NEW link for a statewide search. :confused:
I found GOODWYN, JAMES HERBERT; JR
and I found many cases in his name in both of these courts (see snip image below):

Southampton Circuit Court
Virginia Beach General District Court
but I did not find the current case for this thread! o_O
Perhaps the case isn't filed into the court system yet because it's a fresh arrest and it's the weekend.
Virginia Circuit Court

View attachment 191334

Slightly OT but how exciting is that that they’ve finally made it possible to search statewide?!? I was thrilled to see that the other day

Also FINALLY!!!!!!! I’m SO happy to see this arrest!!!! I wonder what took so long?? I’ve said from the beginning I thought this was going to be a super quick and easy case. So happy for Cynthia and her children and the rest of her family. Looking forward to seeing justice served

Thank you very much for checking all those sites SeesSeas!

here's some chocolate for your help!

109x49px-LL-8c855c44_chocolate.gif
Yum! DARK CHOCOLATE is my favorite, and I am glad to have enjoyed an entire box of dark chocolate! :rolleyes:

Nothing new in the court site... just old charges.
Good to know that you can access the court site Niner. Hopefully the new case will show on Monday or sometime this week.

That's why I'm not going on ANY dating sites.... :eek:

My neighbour meets guys on these sites.
I keep telling her, about these stories BUT she states, she chats with them, and feels comfortable to meet them, even at HER home.
A creep isn't going to state "If you don't do what I say, you will be in trouble. I have a temper. I am controlling".
Similarly here, it appears, they chatted initially.

https://www.tidewaternews.com/2019/06/27/suspect-arrested-in-cynthia-carver-homicide-case/

VIRGINIA BEACH

On Thursday, detectives with the Southampton County Sheriff’s Department arrested James Herbert Goodwyn Jr., 39, of Virginia Beach, on a warrant charging him with the first-degree murder of Cynthia Carver.

I can't believe it - I got 6 different articles & could only access one....

Is there any more info in one of the following articles? Like a court date maybe? TIA! :) I'll just add 3 of the other articles.

Man arrested in connection with homicide of missing Southampton Co. mom Cynthia Carver

Man arrested, charged with murder in Cynthia Carver case

Man arrested, charged for February murder of Southampton mother
*insert happy dance*
I’m so happy they arrested someone. I hope they’ve built a case so tight, he hasn’t a prayer to ever be a free man again.
Justice for Cynthia!

I think I'm the only person who has been single for a long time that hasn't done online dating. But, I guess other websleuthers feel the same! Hahaha. It's not just online, though. I have a hard time trusting even after meeting them the good, old fashioned way. Liars will lie! Online or on person. And with a child, I'm not willing to risk his safety or mine.

Has anyone found any profiles on this dude? Fb or insta or dating sites? Anything?

I live in southampton county. She actually was a good friend of a friend of mine and was at her house a couple of times i came by. The area Cynthia was found in was barely over the suffolk southampton county line. I used to live not too far from it. A guy at work had told us he saw a car that looked like hers on south quay rd which is close to where her body was. He called it in. I'm so glad they found her killer. I was a little worried he would not be trackable.

It's showing up on the VA court website now
Murder 1st Degree; class 2 Felony. Filed date 7/1/19. Arraignment 7/2/19 9 am
Case #: GC19008278-00
ETA: @Niner do I get chocolate now too?? :D

Also found this updated article:
Court docs: Forensic analysis contradicted statements from Carver murder suspect
"A criminal complaint dated June 27 details parts of the investigation into Carver’s murder — including her conversation on Facebook Messenger with a man named “Little James”, Goodwyn being interviewed by the Southampton County Sheriff’s Office and the results of a forensic analysis."
They found "bloody drag marks" in her house
Found his DNA under her fingernails and his Nike shoe print on the floor of her house

Last edited:

Court docs: Forensic analysis contradicted statements from Carver murder suspect
"A criminal complaint dated June 27 details parts of the investigation into Carver’s murder — including her conversation on Facebook Messenger with a man named “Little James”, Goodwyn being interviewed by the Southampton County Sheriff’s Office and the results of a forensic analysis."
Found his DNA under her fingernails and his Nike shoe print on the floor of her house
Thanks mks762. I think Niner will definitely have a box of chocolate for you, too! :rolleyes:

Reference to details on court webpage - below.

Note: There isn't a 'future' hearing date listed.

Southampton General District Court
Defendant: GOODWYN, JAMES HERBERT; JR

Hearing Information
Date Time Type
07/02/2019 09:00 AM ARRAIGNMENT

Kind of late - but at least I can keep track of his court dates this way. :)

Tuesday, July 2nd:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am ET) - VA – Cynthia Carver (34) (Feb. 21, 2019, Newsoms; reported missing Feb. 22, 21019, found 3/19/19, southwestern Suffolk) – *James Herbert Goodwyn, Jr. (39)) arrested & charged (6/27/19) with 1st degree murder. Held without bond.
Found his DNA under her fingernails & his Nike shoe print on the floor of her house.
7/2/19 Arraignment hearing.

Yes! I was so hoping she’d managed to get his DNA under her fingernails. I’m surprised more criminals don’t think about this. Then again, most of them aren’t the smartest people in the world. Way to go, Cynthia, for getting his DNA in your last moments! She’s getting her justice for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back