VA VA - Elsie Wiggington, adult, from Amherst County, 2023 *husband charged w/murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 20, 2024
According to Amherst County Sheriff Jimmy Ayers, the remains found on August 14 were identified by the Medical Examiner's Office as Elsie.

With that confirmation comes an updated charge for her former husband, Frederick Wiggington...

Now Fred is charged both with first-degree murder and for the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

He is still in the custody of the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority on no bond.

AUG 21, 2024
[...]

The victim and the defendant got married in April 2019 and separated on June 17, 2020, when she alleged Frederick Wiggington returned to live with his ex-wife, court documents said. Alleging adultery, Elsie Wiggington filed for divorce, according to court documents obtained by local ABC affiliate WSET.

Frederick Wiggington admitted to taking the title to Elsie Wiggington’s mobile home and retitling it in his name, forging her signature, the document said. He also admitted to staging a robbery of their home in September 2019 and taking his guns, Elsie Wiggington’s jewelry, home décor and other property to his ex-wife’s home, court documents said.

“There is no prospect of reconciliation,” the court filing noted.

[...]

She said she's been friends with her for about 13 years. They reconnected just before she disappeared and she had said she was having a hard time.

"She just didn't seem happy. I could just look at her and tell that something was wrong. She didn't go into detail," she said.

Hartso said she knew Wiggington had died when she looked at her nursing license and it had expired. ...

How has someone else (maybe a female - speculation) not been charged along with him?

AUG 26, 2024
Elsie’s sister Mary Jordan was at the vigil with her daughters. She often remembers the time she grew up in a group home with Elsie.

“Just remembering the good times…we grew up in a group home. It was 12 of us in the cottage. We always went to school together. We were always together,” Jordan said. “I miss my sister”

Wiggington was a nurse, mother, and grandmother who was remembered as someone who loved to dance and spend time with family.

“Some of my favorite memories of my mom are her hanging out with her grandchildren,” said Wiggington’s daughter Sativa Rucker. “She loved to spend every second of everyday with them.”

AUG 27, 2024
Wiggington had children, grandchildren, siblings, friends and coworkers who loved her. She was the director of nursing at Fairmont Crossing Health and Rehabilitation Center, with everyone saying she enjoyed her job.

Before authorities found Wiggington's remains, her loved ones held onto the fact that she had a great career and children and grandchildren she loved. They knew she would not leave it all behind.

Bond denied for man accused of killing wife in Amherst County​

Bond was denied Monday morning during a hearing for the suspect in the murder of an Amherst County woman.

Frederick Wiggington, Jr. is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Elsie Wiggington, whose remains were found on family property more than a year after she was reported missing.

Fred Wiggington is also charged with use of a firearm while committing a felony and concealing a dead body. He is in the custody of the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority.

Statements from stepsister and foster sister in article

She texted family ‘he’s going to kill me.’ One year later, her body was found under a concrete slab

The victim, 45, sent the panicked message to her foster sister, Tracey Coleman, on June 23 last year. Two days later Sativa Rucker, Elsie Wiggington’s daughter, received a text from her mother asking for a recipe, WSLS reports.

Rucker did not hear from her mom again. The next day she received a call from her mom’s work at a nursing and rehab center – she hadn’t turned up. Fearing things were not quite right, the family reported Elsie missing.

Her family now believe the text message to her daughter was sent by someone else, posing as her.

Her family said Elsie Wiggington was a victim of domestic violence and was attempting to leave her husband before she was reported missing.

Writing a tribute to her on https://www..com/f/support-elsie-wiggingtons-final-journey, Coleman said: “Elsie tried to escape the situation and stood up for herself. It was the last time she was seen alive.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back