Neveu, circa 1984
  • Missing Since 11/22/1984
  • Missing From Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 43 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'2, 185 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Jeans and a dark brown velour shirt with vertical stripes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Neveu has a large scar on his abdomen running from his navel to his breastbone. He has a mustache. The pinky fingers on both hands are injured; one finger curves inward and the other curves outward.
Details of Disappearance
Neveu was last heard from on November 22, 1984. He called someone that day and said he was in Virginia Beach, Virginia and was going to travel to Richmond, Virginia. He promised to return the next afternoon, but never did and has never been heard from again.

Neveu was last known to be driving a Lincoln Town Car with Virginia license plates, a burgundy cloth top and a silver bottom. He used marijuana and hashish prior to his disappearance. Few details are available in his case.
4447DMVA - Gregory Neveu
Not much on Gregory that I could find. The Virginia Beach Cold Case Homicide Unit posted him on their Facebook. It states his age as 44.
www.facebook.com/103977294616229/posts/gregory-neveu-has-been-missing-from-virginia-beach-va-since-november-22-1984-at-/163508208663137/

Hi All! I’m wondering if anyone can track down this gentleman’s address in Virginia Beach in November 1984, and the exact destination address for me. I’m trying to look at area maps to look at available routes and water bodies for sonar purposes…I think Minnesota met it’s match water wise. Uffta! The low that day was 38°F, so I don’t think black ice would happen on the roads, but it’s coastal waters, so maybe. Thank you in advance!

There are SO many routes he may have taken between VB and Richmond and all of them have multiple bodies of water along the path. Without more details as to specifically where he was going, it would be nearly impossible to figure out. However, a Lincoln Town Car is a large vehicle.....if it has not been found, I would agree that it is probably in a body of water.

Links worked for me.
Still listed as missing at NAMUS

ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Name: Gregory Neveu
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 22, 1984
Location Last Seen: Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach City County, Virginia

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: circa 1941
Race: White
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pinky fingers on each hand injured so that one Pinky curved inward and other pinky curved outward, Fixed positions, Scar large scar running from naval to breast bone, Moustache

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Jeans, Velour dark brown shirt with vertical stripes
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Gregory was enroute to Richmond VA on 11/22/1984; and would return the next afternoon. Later in the week that it was found out that he did not arrive in Richmond. Gregory has not been heard from since. He was last seen driving a Lincoln Town car - Burgundy/Maroon - Burgundy vinyl top and silver bottom with Virginia tags.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Virginia Beach Police Department: Cold Case Unit
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 757-385-4101
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1984-147122

NamUs Case Number: 7620
NCIC Case Number: Unknown

Information Source(s)​

NamUs

Admin Notes​

Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 05-18-2022 - By: Htmlcnvtr