VA - Gret Glyer, DonorSee Founder & CEO, Found Murdered, Fairfax

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fox5DC reporting that JD is an ex-boyfriend of the victim's wife and wanted to "reconnect" with her. The victim was shot 6 times in head and neck. JD only had the Fedex job at the airport for a month.It was also reported that jailhouse handlers noted that at the bail hearing, that he asked if he could order a pizza....seemingly not remorseful for his actions.

Fox5DC reporting that JD is an ex girlfriend of the victim's wife and wanted to "reconnect" with her. The victim was shot 6 times in head and neck. JD only had the Fedex job at the airport for a month.It was also reported that jailhouse handlers noted that at the bail hearing, that he asked if he could order a pizza....seemingly not remorseful for his actions.
Link? Please see bolded above. Don't you mean ex-boyfriend of the victims wife?

“He doesn’t seem to be taking this seriously” is something I seen a few times when I was in local media and mostly the reality of what’s to happen puts that fire out. That many gunshots will likely come back to haunt him too when it’s time for sentencing.

Here's a press conference that was done yesterday. FYI: You'll need to turn your volume way up to hear anything intelligible.

So the suspect is described as a current employee of Fed Ex and was arrested at (or on his way to) his workplace at the Dulles Airport. Suspect in nonprofit CEO's murder arrested at Dulles Airport

But I believe (based on how similar the pic on this page is to the mugshot of the man arrested for GG’s murder) that this is his LinkedIn account: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuadanehower

And that LinkedIn page seems to show Danehower as having been primarily employed in the much more prestigious-sounding field of banking and financial services—purely speculatively, I wonder if GG hired him to do some work for his nonprofit and either was displeased with his services OR suspected Danehower of engaging in financial malfeasance/shady stuff and ultimately caused Danehower to have to change careers?

Maybe it was the other way around and Danehower found some financial malfeasance occurring in the non profit business. Checking realtor.com it seems the home GG lived in is probably in the $800K+ territory. Pretty pricy for a non profit CEO. Pure speculation on my part.

Maybe it was the other way around and Danehower found some financial malfeasance occurring in the non profit business. Checking realtor.com it seems the home GG lived in is probably in the $800K+ territory. Pretty pricy for a non profit CEO. Pure speculation on my part.
That's what real estate costs in the DC area. It's always been an extremely expensive area.

Plus, Mr. Glyer comes from a wealthy family so his parents may have provided some of the money.

It's possible that D had personal issues that derailed his professional career and that could be linked to appearing much older than his age. He is the same age as Glyer but looks like he could be his father, to me.

That's what real estate costs in the DC area. It's always been an extremely expensive area.

Plus, Mr. Glyer comes from a wealthy family so his parents may have provided some of the money.
I think the house may have been a rental, it had been listed as such.

It's possible that D had personal issues that derailed his professional career and that could be linked to appearing much older than his age. He is the same age as Glyer but looks like he could be his father, to me.
Granted, nobody looks good in a mugshot. I agree, he may have had substance abuse issues, and nothing ages a person faster than that.

I'm not so sure he can claim a 'crime of passion' defense since it must had been premeditated (to some degree) as he broke in, with a firearm, in the middle of the night.
I'm guessing mental illness or substance abuse may factor in, because I can't think of any other reason someone would commit such a brazen crime in the first place, and then stick around town and go to work as normal...

A suspect was indicted in January. I couldn't find anything more recent.

In short, the suspect had dated Glyer's wife and wanted to get back together with her. She is not believed to be involved in ANY way and had no desire to reconnect with him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back