VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strictly playing devil's advocate - if he was looking for a victim, why didn't he stay in the target rich environment of the bar. Just wait until last call and look for someone who is wasted drunk?
Maybe nobody was biting? Maybe he gotten lucky cruising before? (Not that ladies wouldn't be attracted to his studly car)

He did enough that made her call it in - and he was WAY out of context.

He actually TALKED with and interacted with at least one business owner and HE didn't notice anything and call LE...

So either he's a DARN unlucky criminal and in a quick drive past someone who was minding her own business on the beach, he happened on the only person who could have ID'd him that quickly, or else I think her story is what happened.

If she was exaggerating, then why on earth would she call in a guy who just drove past that she'd hardly have been able to see?

I was agreeing with Cherry that it is possible the beach woman was a tad bit exaggerating what JM did when she saw him..I mean this is the same woman who said she looks like Hannah? I'm glad she called but she might be a drama queen just a bit. She is not anything close to looking like Hannah. Maybe she wasnt exaggerating about JM but just thinks she herself looks way different than everyone else thinks she looks. Glad she called either way. PS> I live with a drama queen so nothing would surprise me.

Strictly playing devil's advocate - if he was looking for a victim, why didn't he stay in the target rich environment of the bar. Just wait until last call and look for someone who is wasted drunk?

If he was stalking, looking for a victim...why take the time to go and pay your bar tab from an hour and a half earlier?

Just trying to catch up, and noticed that there are still a few who are on the fence about JM knowing HG prior to the night she went missing. Just in case you haven't read this article or missed this part of it, I think his own friend's description of JM's normal behavior should shed a little light on that discussion.

An eyewitness reported seeing an African-American man walk up to Hannah about that time and throw his arm around her. I ask LJ’s long-time friend Dave Johnson if he believes LJ knew Hannah before that night. Did he ever mention her? Did he speak of her? Was she a known person among your circle of friends?
“No, not at all, not at all. I don’t know her,” Dave answers. “He never mentioned her. I don’t think he knew her. In fact, I’m fairly certain of it, because he walked up and threw his arm around her. That’s what he did to women when he was hitting on them. If he threw his arm around a woman like that, that was not usually a sign that he knew her. That was a sign that he didn’t. If Hannah knew him, she wouldn’t let him put his arm around her.”

BBM

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

If he was stalking, looking for a victim...why take the time to go and pay your bar tab from an hour and a half earlier?

This is incorrect information that was simply a speculation here on WS of why he MIGHT have gone back. The media reports and the bar owner stated that they had two separate purchases run for him. One from earlier in the evening that was charged to a credit card, then a second and SEPARATE charge from the two drinks around 1:10 am. There was no tab run at all.

So he could go back next time he was on the prowl?

I personally think it was more like hey theres that pretty blond I see around... scooped her up...

Morning all (mid afternoon here in UK)

Questions:

How did LE know where JM's car was parked? Witness or video?

Was the above info gleaned before or after securing the SW for the car?

I am not familiar with the area but based on what I've read, it seems the "mall" area in general would be target rich, so after spending the evening getting rejected (per Coy Barefoot article) in the bar and it was getting close to closing time, he went out walking to see if he could find any other women to hit on.

Just trying to catch up, and noticed that there are still a few who are on the fence about JM knowing HG prior to the night she went missing. Just in case you haven't read this article or missed this part of it, I think his own friend's description of JM's normal behavior should shed a little light on that discussion.

BBM

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

Maybe, he put his arm around her because she was so inebriated she could barely stand up on her own? So says an employee at Tempo.

How is it a young girl can wander around in this state with no one offering to help or even call her a cab to take her home? No police or campus security were around? I live in a University town, and public drunkeness and drug tripping is fairly common the first month of school. The police are often called to intervene or help. Sad that this did not have to happen if people looked out for one another a little bit more. Why would her friends not try to find her after her last text stating she was lost?

It's interesting to see the excuses that are made for Jesse. It started with the suggestion that he couldn't talk to police as a witness because he is black, and black people are afraid of wrongful convictions. Now, we're at the point of mostly accepting that he was with her, but if she is dead, it was an accidental death. Apparently, it makes sense that it's a good idea to hide the body of stranger that accidentally dies. Finally, if is was not an accident, then he's not responsible simply because he must have an IQ in the range of 80. Never mind that he was a second year university student. The fact that he was aggressive, and uninhibited, is not viewed in the context of a man that been drinking for several hours, but instead, whatever he did after hours of drinking is interpreted as though he had not been drinking, so he must have some sort of personality disorder.

This guy is so creepy. All victims are prey it seems. Doesn't seem to matter what age the woman is. IMO

The people he was with earlier on the mall called him "a prowler"....

This is incorrect information that was simply a speculation here on WS of why he MIGHT have gone back. The media reports and the bar owner stated that they had two separate purchases run for him. One from earlier in the evening that was charged to a credit card, then a second and SEPARATE charge from the two drinks around 1:10 am. There was no tab run at all.

Thanks for the update. Is there a news link for that somewhere? Not that I don't believe it, but it is near impossible to keep up with changes across threads. Is there a place where facts are updated regularly in stickies?

It's interesting to see the excuses that are made for Jesse. It started with the suggestion that he couldn't talk to police as a witness because he is black, and black people are afraid of wrongful convictions. Now, we're at the point of mostly accepting that he was with her, but if she is dead, it was an accidental death. Apparently, it makes sense that it's a good idea to hide the body of stranger that accidentally dies. Finally, if is was not an accident, then he's not responsible simply because he must have an IQ in the range of 80. Never mind that he was a second year university student. The fact that he was aggressive, and uninhibited, is not viewed in the context of a man that been drinking for several hours, but instead, whatever he did after hours of drinking is interpreted as though he had not been drinking, so he must have some sort of personality disorder.

I've noticed that too..some people will play every scenerio they can before admitting guilt..even Casey Anthony has supporters, maybe not on here but she does. Honestly the coincidences etc keep adding up more and more that this guy is not only HG's perp but most likely several girls went missing due to JM. He's not a shy, quiet, mentally challenged,scared man..He is an in your face, pushy, do it my way..I'm going to stare down and intimidate a woman on the beach when I'm being manhunted mentality type of guy...That takes a lot of nerve which comes from this being normal for him..

The way I see it is she was probably buzzed from drinks earlier, but was certainly able to walk and run with no apparent problem. But, she was somewhat confused as to where she was and it was getting late, so when JM approached her she probably accepted an offer to drive her home. He said wait a minute and I'll get us a couple of beers. She waited for him while he went inside Tempo, at 1:09 he ordered the beers, got them, paid via visa at 1:10, stuffed them under his shirt and took them outside. He put something in her beer. They both drank the beers and within a half hour she was helpless. Couldn't walk. That's when Abby saw her as terribly intoxicated. (I do not recall anyone else saying that about her....did WG say that?) JM guided her to his car and the rest is a mystery. JMO

I think it's just because people who knew him as being a 'great guy' came out first and in full force. After having so many people vouch for him it made it people think 'hmm, maybe he didn't do anything to Hannah'.

The people who thought he was a creep held back for some odd reason. It took over a week to hear anything bad about the guy.

Then BAM! Major creeper alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member