VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally amazed when looking at pics of perps how they always look so different. Not even like the same person.

Perhaps that is true of other people as well?

Maybe because when I look at pics of people I know they look the same.

In his pic, his lips look huge. No way did he resemble the sketch.

When I see those earlier pics, the resemblance is there!

O/t re Crocs.

When they first came out, everyone wore them. I travel internationally and people all over had them on in airports. Then I noticed the only people who wear them are grannies, like me and little children.

I quit wearing them. Aren't they a weird choice for a guy out hustling?

BBM. That is hilarious the way you say that about a guy our hustling. I would say yes and no as far as it being proper hustling attire. I remember when I was in college, a lot of the football players always had on these black rubber sandles with white socks. I personally thought it looked like something my grandpa would wear (because he does) but anyway...you would even see them out at a block party wearing them. So, I guess if they were out on an official date, they would not be worn, but if just out and about, then yes. I think he was still 18 in his mind. Dunno. Just more of my random thoughts...

I know. She may have been tall and athletic but she was so slight. He is soooo very huge. Not sure if I want to know. Ya know? Sigh.......

Yes, she was tall but slender and even if she hadn't been drinking a drop of alcohol she would still be no match for him. Remember his friend saying that no one could beat him in wrestling? So he is powerful even if it was a male he wanted to bully or intimidate. The friend that saw him in one of the bars said he did injury another person while he was at the bar that night.

He seems very violent to me and takes it way over the top even among people he just met. IIRC, he didn't even know the man he did the wrestling maneuver on injuring him. He absolutely believes he has no boundaries on anything he wants to do whether the people like it or not.

He seems to think getting aggressive and physical is the only way to go.

Seems to be the same mentality of how a lot of jocks feel that play football.

IMO

If I ever committed a terrible crime, my dogs would give me away....I'd leave behind dog hair I'm positive! But...until we find Hannah, or her clothing, we won't know if there was hair transfer. I'm trying to talk my DH into a drive tomorrow or Sunday on the Parkway, and Rt 130. I do not know why, but for some reason, it's bugging me and I want to drive that area. It's not exactly 'near' Charlottesville, but it's not that far away either! Of course with JM's size, and apparent strength, I guess he could have carried her to into the woods or somewhere, if he's responsible. I'd love to know if he had access to a 4wheeler, or a truck. I want to know what direction LE has his car going that night as well. Cell phone pings, cameras, something should give an area to look in. And this bullcrap with taking so much time to get phone records needs to stop! They have the technology to give it ASAP! When someone is missing, we don't have weeks to wait on the records! They need to give that info to FBI immediately! IMO, if JM had his cell phone, then those pings could lead straight to an area!! Even if within a 5 mile radius or whatever, that would narrow the search. I don't know if it depends on the phone, the phone company, or what, but I'll mention again, when Bryce Laspida went missing, his Mom was able to get a pinpoint GPS of where he was, and LE went there to check on him!!! So the technology IS there!!!

It's there but there have been rulings by the court to stop giving info right away. The info can be googled.

Privacy is a double edged sword.

People complain about cameras, but they have really helped with crime.

BTW, there are satillites up there. They can read the name on a water ski if you are on a lake. Where is that info?

:laughed: picturing big dreadlocks crocs wearing guy with a pom.

Hahaha, you just described my neighbor! But this is Seattle, people tend to do as they please regardless of their image. I guess I figured, with an apartment, it was plausible. My dog (rott/pit like I said) actually looks like a large black lab, so we, how shall I say... "Bend the truth" about his breed... But he weighs 100 pounds. Oh my. It is so hard to rent anywhere with that condition. No one likes my massive sweetie :tantrum:

She was 5'11", an athlete. He was at least twice her weight. She didn't stand a chance with him, especially after she was incapacitated. Before she was incapacitated, she could run faster - easily. After, she could barely walk. That apparently happened within 15-30 minutes after Hannah met Jesse.between about 1:08AM and 1:38AM, and that's just in around Tempo. They may have left Tempo at 1:38AM, and Hannah was seen on the street, being held up by Jesse, around quarter to one.

She was incapacitated at 1:40AM. That explains why police are looking for witnesses between 1-2AM. She went from texting, jogging, knowing that she was lost, asking someone to come get her (1:06AM), to being interfered with by a 32 year old man, taken to a bar ... what did he tell her to make her go with him? Did he claim to be a police officer, take her to Tempo and tell her that he knew everyone in the room, and so there was no one that she could safely talk to, and then she was on the street with him, unable to utter a word, but wanting to scream?

I also believe it was more than alcohol that incapacitated Hannah. imo

[/B]

BBM. That is hilarious the way you say that about a guy our hustling. I would say yes and no as far as it being proper hustling attire. I remember when I was in college, a lot of the football players always had on these black rubber sandles with white socks. I personally thought it looked like something my grandpa would wear (because he does) but anyway...you would even see them out at a block party wearing them. So, I guess if they were out on an official date, they would not be worn, but if just out and about, then yes. I think he was still 18 in his mind. Dunno. Just more of my random thoughts...

The C-ville "townie" culture can be a bit off the beaten path. Locals generally beat to their own drum. I'm not surprised that JM had dreads, wore long shorts, wore crocks, etc. He is very much what I would call a local townie. Not that every townie looks the same... just there is an alternative vibe about a lot of them. IMO, and I grew up in C-ville and also went to UVa.

O/t re Crocs.

When they first came out, everyone wore them. I travel internationally and people all over had them on in airports. Then I noticed the only people who wear them are grannies, like me and little children.

I quit wearing them. Aren't they a weird choice for a guy out hustling?

I see a lot of health care people (nurses docs assistants etc) wearing them.

dating websites?
Yes Yes Plenty of Fish is that site American too? Last Trial I attended the perp who raped and murdered an 8 year old (with a female accomplice) (I know so very sick) was on Plenty of Fish. I was at the Trial a few days and one of the days I attended the women he had "dated" testified.

She was 5'11", an athlete. He was at least twice her weight. She didn't stand a chance with him, especially after she was incapacitated. Before she was incapacitated, she could run faster - easily. After, she could barely walk. That apparently happened within 15-30 minutes after Hannah met Jesse.between about 1:08AM and 1:38AM, and that's just in around Tempo. They may have left Tempo at 1:38AM, and Hannah was seen on the street, being held up by Jesse, around quarter to one.

Wow, this makes me think he slipped a xanax or roofie into her beer.

So are serial killers.

I've worked with patients with DID. While rare, it exists.

African American serial killers are even more rare. I think that is one reason this case is so interesting (for lack of a better term past my bedtime) I just don't know of any other African American serial killers....(if he turns out to be) - I can only think of one ....wayne williams...from the 80's.

Yes, she was tall but slender and even if she hadn't been drinking a drop of alcohol she would still be no match for him. Remember his friend saying that no one could beat him in wrestling? So he is powerful even if it was a male he wanted to bully or intimidate. Tet friend that saw him in one of the bars said he did injury another person while he was at the bar that night.

He seems very violent to me and takes it way over the top even among people he just met. IIRC, he didn't even know the man he did the wrestling maneuver on injuring him. He absolutely believes he has no boundaries on anything he wants to do whether the people like it or not.

He seems to think getting aggressive and physical is the only way to go.

Seems to be the same mentality of how a lot of jocks feel that play football.

IMO

BBM. It sure seems that there are quite a lot of cases of this coming to light in recent months. I'm not getting the feeling that there have been "more" cases recently, but that our tolerance toward it as a society has gone way down. That's still a positive thing, but it's disappointing to think of all the people who have been hurt as a result of our hero's welcome to talented athletes.

On another note, I have to ask myself if I'm only thinking this because of what eventually transpired here, but I feel like I would have probably called the police in JM at some point prior to his meeting Hannah, if not for harassing those women and not taking a hint, I think I would have certainly called after he hurt that guy. BTW, not only is he able to hurt males this easily, but males who are apparently trained and skilled in a style of fighting, themselves. The guy JM hurt maybe could have overpowered Hannah, too. What a completely unfair match.

Excellent point on the dog. With forensics being what they are these days, it wouldn't surprise me if LE can find out the dog's breed and a rough calculation of its age just by analyzing a hair. Did I read somewhere that Popcorn is a Pom? Heavy shedder, that one... And even in September there will certainly be hair.

I'm sure the police could locate all sorts of information, even DNA for the dog if they had a body to analyse, but they don't. Instead, there is a very dangerous 32 year old man in custody, a dog that is not lost, found, or missing, and everything is okay on the Jesse Matthew front. His father is still a felon, as is Jesse. He was apparently raised by his grandmother (who lives East of Charlottesville - where the reckless driving charge originated) and although mom was in the fleeing, reckless driving car, she is okay. I believe that she was an absent mother and that Jesse started hating women when he met his mother.

... an opinion, of course.

And Hannah's grandmother just turned 102 in July. Hannah had that life ahead of her. Instead, it was cut short at the age of 18.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't think he drugged her drink or whatever.

This may have been mentioned, however I'm catching up. Not really important, but don't commissary privileges have to be earned?
Not typically as far as I know. I do know some States do have a daily fee when incarcerated in Jail. Whatever money is put in your account a small daily fee is deducted. Towards keeping you. It is small something like a buck a day but don't quote me. So whatever you have left over is for your Canteen.

The C-ville "townie" culture can be a bit off the beaten path. Locals generally beat to their own drum. I'm not surprised that JM had dreads, wore long shorts, wore crocks, etc. He is very much what I would call a local townie. Not that every townie looks the same... just there is an alternative vibe about a lot of them. IMO, and I grew up in C-ville and also went to UVa.

I'm going to guess, too, his feet are so large he'd have to special order shoes, and those aren't cheap. Crocs (or sandals like them) are also common hospital attire.

African American serial killers are even more rare. I think that is one reason this case is so interesting (for lack of a better term past my bedtime) I just don't know of any other African American serial killers....(if he turns out to be) - I can only think of one ....wayne williams...from the 80's.
You are so wrong about that. Here is a site that lists 57

http://blackpeoria.wordpress.com/list-of-black-serial-killers/

I just goggled it, so the site might be some crappy racist site, not sure but the list is real.

Derrick Todd Lee...New Orleans, LA. He killed a young woman originally from my home town. Google Black serial killers. You'll be shocked at what comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow