VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
African American serial killers are even more rare. I think that is one reason this case is so interesting (for lack of a better term past my bedtime) I just don't know of any other African American serial killers....(if he turns out to be) - I can only think of one ....wayne williams...from the 80's.

Henry Louis Wallace, AA serial killer from Charlotte, NC, killed 10 women from 1990-1994.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Louis_Wallace

African American serial killers are even more rare. I think that is one reason this case is so interesting (for lack of a better term past my bedtime) I just don't know of any other African American serial killers....(if he turns out to be) - I can only think of one ....wayne williams...from the 80's.

Wow, I didn't know that. I wonder what the statistics are for serial rapists...

I'm sure the police could locate all sorts of information, even DNA for the dog if they had a body to analyse, but they don't. Instead, there is a very dangerous 32 year old man in custody, a dog that is not lost, found, or missing, and everything is okay on the Jesse Matthew front. His father is still a felon, as is Jesse. He was apparently raised by his grandmother (who lives East of Charlottesville - where the reckless driving charge originated) and although mom was in the fleeing, reckless driving car, she is okay. I believe that she was an absent mother and that Jesse started hating women when he met his mother.

I like this info. One question...what about if they just had the dog? Could they see if HG blood was on the dog? I am assuming the dog was at the apt the whole time and JM and HG were off on an isolated country road. I am assuming JM came home, touched the dog and transferred small drops of HG blood to the dog. So, even without HG body, can't they do DNA on blood found on the dog? Then can't they get some kind of DNA from HG toothbrush, hairbrush, tampon left in the trashcan, etc? (too much info...sorry about that)

A quote from this interesting article discussing AA serial killers as well as a discussion on the intelligence of serial killers.

"That is a total, total myth that there are no black serial killers,'' said Dr. Schlesinger, who has been studying serial killers and extraordinary crimes since the 1970s. "There have been black serial killers for many, many years, but they haven't been publicized. The media simply chooses not to focus on them.''

It's also not true that serial killers are of above-average intelligence, he said.

"Their intelligence copies the normal distribution of the general population,'' he said. "Some serial killers are very smart, which is very, very, very rare. Most are of average intelligence. Most are within the low-average range. What happens is the media attributes high intelligence to these guys when they haven't been quickly apprehended.''

"Everyone thought he was a master of disguise and a genius,'' he said of Ridgeway. "Nothing could be further from the truth. He painted trucks. His IQ was something like 83. These guys are not smart at all. As a matter of fact, most of them are idiots.''
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/of_course_there_are_black_serial_killers.html

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't think he drugged her drink or whatever.

I'm not yet to the point I'm convinced he drugged her drink either. Before Coy's article came out, I thought it was highly likely they were meeting up regarding drugs of some sort (like it was a 1am meet up and he knew to look for her, but they didn't actually know each other). Now that I've read his article however I think it's more likely he was just scoping the evening for girls to take advantage of and preyed on her once he identified her.

But I'm not convinced there were drugs slipped into her drink. I'm wondering if it's possible she was very very drunk and then just became exhausted by 1:40. She had, after all, run/jogged/and walked an incredible distance IMO for the past hour plus.:thinking:

That is true! forgot about that...bet he just kept them on after work.

They're on their feet running around sometimes 12 hours a day... If after work one of them even has the (unimaginable) energy to go out and party, I'm sure walking around in painful yet fashionable shoes is not such an exciting idea to them, haha.

He was a fugitive, wanted in an abduction. The Feds or the US Marshalls office are the ones that usually brings them back when they are caught.

I don't remember the police saying they thought he was trying to flee to Mexico. I really don't think he was. He has to have a passport now to enter Mexico from what I understand.

IMO

It was stated they thought he was headed to Mexico. Sorry I don't have the link handy. Mexico has no extradition on a DP case. You do not need a passport to enter Mexico by land. I have done it and many folks here posted the same. You only need it to come back to the U.S. which I don't think he was intending to do.

The C-ville "townie" culture can be a bit off the beaten path. Locals generally beat to their own drum. I'm not surprised that JM had dreads, wore long shorts, wore crocks, etc. He is very much what I would call a local townie. Not that every townie looks the same... just there is an alternative vibe about a lot of them. IMO, and I grew up in C-ville and also went to UVa.

Good point...sounds quite a bit like our Athens, GA. There is a townie vibe there much as you describe. Much different than say a night out in Atlanta. Good point.

"Authorities were concerned that a fugitive charged with abducting a University of Virginia student may have been trying to flee to Mexico.

That’s according to a person familiar with the search for Hannah Graham who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the person isn’t authorized to publicly discuss the investigation." http://news.fredericksburg.com/justi...court-hearing/
I linked to the docs from Galveston in the arrest thread. It noted a federal warrant for the VA charge (kidnapping).

I think I remember an article saying it was because they were afraid he was fleeing to possibly Mexico. Does that ring a bell for anyone??

I'm going to guess, too, his feet are so large he'd have to special order shoes, and those aren't cheap. Crocs (or sandals like them) are also common hospital attire.

My husband is 6'4. No special orders. He wears a size 12. He also has a (groan) pair of crocs. We've weaned him off on Sanuks. He has had trouble with plantar fasciitis and he needs something to wear inside at all times. Crocs used to be the go to, but I think we've convinced him to quit them. Lol.

Exhausted, and if she had another drink with JM, that one might have been the "one too many"..

"Authorities were concerned that a fugitive charged with abducting a University of Virginia student may have been trying to flee to Mexico.

That’s according to a person familiar with the search for Hannah Graham who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the person isn’t authorized to publicly discuss the investigation." http://news.fredericksburg.com/justi...court-hearing/
It was stated they thought he was headed to Mexico. Sorry I don't have the link handy. Mexico has no extradition on a DP case. You do not need a passport to enter Mexico by land. I have done it and many folks here posted the same. You only need it to come back to the U.S. which I don't think he was intending to do.

I feel so sad for Hannah, a vibrant woman whose life stopped after she met Jesse Matthew.

She was too young to be there.

Last night I couldn't sleep and started thinking through the path that Hannah took. She was at the Fig restaurant, then she primped at her apartment, then she went to the next party, and then instead of accepting the offers of a walk home, she left alone. She headed to McGrady's, the Irish Pub, seems she walked through the parking lot, walked all around the outdoor bar, walked through the outdoor lobby, and carried on towards the Pedestrian Mall. I did a google earth tour down Preston Avenue, where Hannah jogged after circling McGrady's. There is ample signage to point people in the right direction, except that University of Virginia, and Pedestrian Mall signage was combined and it was a bit confusing at one point. Was she trying to connect with a man that she knew from school? It's odd that she left the second party, didn't go home, but headed to the outdoor pub down the street. Then she headed downtown ... but she would have been dehydrated by then. Even if Hannah didn't drink alcohol, Jesse could have dosed her.

If he could get anything from the hospital ... what could he get his hands on? Lots of women have trouble sleeping and resort to pharmaceuticals, like Ativan - for sleep. What does crushed Ativan in water or alcohol accomplish in 30 minutes?

A quote from this interesting article discussing AA serial killers as well as a discussion on the intelligence of serial killers.

"That is a total, total myth that there are no black serial killers,'' said Dr. Schlesinger, who has been studying serial killers and extraordinary crimes since the 1970s. "There have been black serial killers for many, many years, but they haven't been publicized. The media simply chooses not to focus on them.''

It's also not true that serial killers are of above-average intelligence, he said.

"Their intelligence copies the normal distribution of the general population,'' he said. "Some serial killers are very smart, which is very, very, very rare. Most are of average intelligence. Most are within the low-average range. What happens is the media attributes high intelligence to these guys when they haven't been quickly apprehended.''

"Everyone thought he was a master of disguise and a genius,'' he said of Ridgeway. "Nothing could be further from the truth. He painted trucks. His IQ was something like 83. These guys are not smart at all. As a matter of fact, most of them are idiots.''
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/of_course_there_are_black_serial_killers.html

Wow....good info.

I am waiting for the day Hannah's friends can shed some light on why that poor girl was out running around far from where she was supposed to be. We are getting so much perspective on Jesse Matthew timeline, but still to me biggest mystery is why was Hannah there, then?

Lol watch me go sign up for dating sites and my husband is going to be like ummmmmmmm. :thinking:

Ya well I went to Fetlife in a case here. Trust me don't go there. There is not enough eye or brain bleach to erase........

I'm going to guess, too, his feet are so large he'd have to special order shoes, and those aren't cheap. Crocs (or sandals like them) are also common hospital attire.

Not in NVA because of OSHA.

BBM. It sure seems that there are quite a lot of cases of this coming to light in recent months. I'm not getting the feeling that there have been "more" cases recently, but that our tolerance toward it as a society has gone way down. That's still a positive thing, but it's disappointing to think of all the people who have been hurt as a result of our hero's welcome to talented athletes.

On another note, I have to ask myself if I'm only thinking this because of what eventually transpired here, but I feel like I would have probably called the police in JM at some point prior to his meeting Hannah, if not for harassing those women and not taking a hint, I think I would have certainly called after he hurt that guy. BTW, not only is he able to hurt males this easily, but males who are apparently trained and skilled in a style of fighting, themselves. The guy JM hurt maybe could have overpowered Hannah, too. What a completely unfair match.

I totally agree.

I also think that if JLM had gotten beat up or shoved around a bit for his unnacceptable behavior he mightve learned his lesson.

As it is, I think people were scared to say anything at all to him because of his size and his bizarre and unpredictable actions.

I feel so sad for Hannah, a vibrant woman whose life stopped after she met Jesse Matthew.

She was too young to be there.

Last night I couldn't sleep and started thinking through the path that Hannah took. She was at the Fig restaurant, then she primped at her apartment, then she went to the next party, and then instead of accepting the offers of a walk home, she left alone. She headed to McGrady's, the Irish Pub, seems she walked through the parking lot, walked all around the outdoor bar, walked through the outdoor lobby, and carried on towards the Pedestrian Mall. I did a google earth tour down Preston Avenue, where Hannah jogged after circling McGrady's. Was she trying to connect with a man that she knew from school? It's odd that she left the second party, didn't go home, but headed to the outdoor pub down the street. Then she headed downtown ... but she would have been dehydrated by then. Even if Hannah didn't drink alcohol, Jesse could have dosed her.

If he could get anything from the hospital ... what could he get his hands on? Lots of women have trouble sleeping and resort to pharmaceuticals, like Ativan - for sleep. What does crushed Ativan in water or alcohol accomplish in 30 minutes?

Great point... many don't realize that a very popular drug to slip to women is Ambien. I didn't realize this until it happened to be a few years ago and the police/nurses at the hospital said they see it a lot. I wonder if he did have access to this type of medication. Ugh that makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow