VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, oh really? I was way off there. Regardless, there should still be hair... I have a Rott/pit with short, coarse hair that doesn't *seem* to come out a lot, but it does end up basically everywhere. There's a thin sheen of it on everything in the house and everything that has come out of the house. I hope I'm not revealing too much about my housekeeping! :shame:
OT...but same here. I have a 70 pound Boxer and while his hair is short, he does shed, and you can't vacuum every day when you work. The way I feel about it is, this is my house, and this is his house. If you don't wanna get hair on you, don't sit on our furniture when you come visit!

I look the same way in my DMV picture (even heavier than I already am). At my DMV (in VA, but different location obviously) the camera is down low so they take the photo kind of below you. When you take a photo from below it makes your double chin worse. I am thinking the other to were taken from higher up or he's even seated potentially? Could be wrong, JMO.

Wow. The DMV pic looks like fuller lips. The pic on the right looks A LOT more like sketch!!!!!
Woah. Seriously, is that even him in the DMV pic?

I feel so sad for Hannah, a vibrant woman whose life stopped after she met Jesse Matthew.

She was too young to be there.

Last night I couldn't sleep and started thinking through the path that Hannah took. She was at the Fig restaurant, then she primped at her apartment, then she went to the next party, and then instead of accepting the offers of a walk home, she left alone. She headed to McGrady's, the Irish Pub, seems she walked through the parking lot, walked all around the outdoor bar, walked through the outdoor lobby, and carried on towards the Pedestrian Mall. I did a google earth tour down Preston Avenue, where Hannah jogged after circling McGrady's. Was she trying to connect with a man that she knew from school? It's odd that she left the second party, didn't go home, but headed to the outdoor pub down the street. Then she headed downtown ... but she would have been dehydrated by then. Even if Hannah didn't drink alcohol, Jesse could have dosed her.

If he could get anything from the hospital ... what could he get his hands on? Lots of women have trouble sleeping and resort to pharmaceuticals, like Ativan - for sleep. What does crushed Ativan in water or alcohol accomplish in 30 minutes?

Never know...could have. I can't stop thinking about her. She reminds me of my child. My daughter is very brilliant, book smart, but not street smart. I worry for her growing up in this world. We know HG was very intelligent. My guesses are her IQ are much higher than JM. So, how can this be? How does a very smart, well-loved, highly accomplished child end up like this...just a statistic...a face on a milk carton? It angers me. I want to believe that my daughter can outsmart any lunatic like this, but the fact is, she probably can't.

I'm not yet to the point I'm convinced he drugged her drink either. Before Coy's article came out, I thought it was highly likely they were meeting up regarding drugs of some sort (like it was a 1am meet up and he knew to look for her, but they didn't actually know each other). Now that I've read his article however I think it's more likely he was just scoping the evening for girls to take advantage of and preyed on her once he identified her.

But I'm not convinced there were drugs slipped into her drink. I'm wondering if it's possible she was very very drunk and then just became exhausted by 1:40. She had, after all, run/jogged/and walked an incredible distance IMO for the past hour plus.:thinking:

Just going by what I witnessed happening to others and experienced myself a time or two back in my party days, people will often be "fine" to a point, then hit a wall where they're virtually incapacitated, and it can happen quite some time after their last drink. I think she hit her wall when she finally stopped after all that frenetic walking and jogging about. Plus I feel, as you said, sheer exhaustion played a part.

Oh, i would be saying, "WTH is going on there?!" I wouldn't be able to stop looking, and more likely than not I would approach them to ask if she was okay. Many questions would follow. That's just me though.

If I saw someone like Jesse in the middle of the night with an incapacitated 18 year old like Hannah, I would definitely know that something was wrong. Would I intervene? I don't know. Should I report it? Yes.

Great point... many don't realize that a very popular drug to slip to women is Ambien. I didn't realize this until it happened to be a few years ago and the police/nurses at the hospital said they see it a lot. I wonder if he did have access to this type of medication. Ugh that makes me feel sick to my stomach.
I take Ambien. I have done some pretty strange stuff in the beginning. Sleep walked. Cooked meals in middle of night while asleep. I microwaved a marshmallow peanutbutter taco and sent text pictures to all my friends of it at 3am. It's well documented that Ambien has caused these side effects. Doesn't always make you sleep. Easy RX to get too.it would make for a possible date drug IMO.

I feel so sad for Hannah, a vibrant woman whose life stopped after she met Jesse Matthew.

Last night I couldn't sleep and started thinking through the path that Hannah took. She was at the Fig restaurant, then she primped at her apartment, then she went to the next party, and then instead of accepting the offers of a walk home, she left alone. She headed to McGrady's, the Irish Pub, seems she walked through the parking lot, walked all around the outdoor bar, walked through the outdoor lobby, and carried on towards the Pedestrian Mall. I did a google earth tour down Preston Avenue, where Hannah jogged after circling McGrady's. Was she trying to connect with a man that she knew from school? It's odd that she left the second party, didn't go home, but headed to the outdoor pub down the street. Then she headed downtown ... but she would have been dehydrated by then. Even if Hannah didn't drink alcohol, Jesse could have dosed her.

If he could get anything from the hospital ... what could he get his hands on? Lots of women have trouble sleeping and resort to pharmaceuticals, like Ativan - for sleep. What does crushed Ativan in water or alcohol accomplish in 30 minutes?

You are incorrect about some things. She did not go straight to McGrady's after leaving the party. There is around a 45 minute gap between when she left the party and arrived at McGrady's. Between the time she left the party which was around 12:00am and arrived at McGrady's at 12:45am we don't know what she was doing. She did not walk through the McGrady's parking lot. On the McGrady's surveillance video she is walking on Preston Ave., arrives at McGrady's, walks around the patio and then walks back down Preston Ave. towards the mall.

A quote from this interesting article discussing AA serial killers as well as a discussion on the intelligence of serial killers.

"That is a total, total myth that there are no black serial killers,'' said Dr. Schlesinger, who has been studying serial killers and extraordinary crimes since the 1970s. "There have been black serial killers for many, many years, but they haven't been publicized. The media simply chooses not to focus on them.''

It's also not true that serial killers are of above-average intelligence, he said.

"Their intelligence copies the normal distribution of the general population,'' he said. "Some serial killers are very smart, which is very, very, very rare. Most are of average intelligence. Most are within the low-average range. What happens is the media attributes high intelligence to these guys when they haven't been quickly apprehended.''

"Everyone thought he was a master of disguise and a genius,'' he said of Ridgeway. "Nothing could be further from the truth. He painted trucks. His IQ was something like 83. These guys are not smart at all. As a matter of fact, most of them are idiots.''
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/of_course_there_are_black_serial_killers.html

Some might even be "gentle giants"

I see a lot of health care people (nurses docs assistants etc) wearing them.
Not so much here now. They were popular for a bit. On Surgery they were eventually banned. At least the one's with the holes as when Nurses were purging a line etc. it got inside the shoe etc. etc. Nurses told me after a 12 hr. shift they really were not as comfortable as they were stated to be.

I am an ER Nurse, and where I work, all the meds (including tylenol or motrin) are locked up in a cart accessible only with a fingerprint ID and sedating drugs/narcotics require extra steps to acquire them from the locked med cart. An orderly or transporter would not even be near the area where those drugs are kept. I would imagine OR is pretty much the same. Drugs that induce heavy sedation are obtained by the RN, but administered by the Dr. or Anesthesiologist, and then accounted for and disposed of with a witness immediately after the procedure. Not saying they can't be taken, just saying it's highly unlikely (at least where I work).

Longo said she was refused admittance to McGrady's. Do we know if it's because of no ID or because she was intoxicated?

I can say that when my daughter was this age, and even much older, she trusted the supposed knight(s) in armor.

Is there a gap in both HG and JM timelines that evening? It seems like I read there was a 45 min gap in her whereabouts and a 45 min gap in his whereabouts. I am guessing the gaps do not line up? There has been so much info...I just forget all I have read.

Exhausted, and if she had another drink with JM, that one might have been the "one too many"..

I don't think so. She stopped drinking at 12:46, when she left the second party. She wasn't at all exhausted. In fact, she jogged all the way to the Pedestrian Mall and was actively texting friends at 1:06AM, at about the time she was seen in Sal's Pizza Video. Two minutes later, Jesse Matthew had crossed the mall and was physically restraining her ... with an arm around her. One more drink after jogging a couple of miles would not incapacitate. Something else was at play for someone like Hannah to accompany someone like Jesse to Tempo.

She would have wanted water ... she wasn't new to alcohol, and as an athlete would have wanted water after jogging a couple of miles.

Did Jesse order anything in addition to the two bottles of beer - which may or may not have been opened in Tempo ... like a glass of water?

Is there a gap in both HG and JM timelines that evening? It seems like I read there was a 45 min gap in her whereabouts and a 45 min gap in his whereabouts. I am guessing the gaps do not line up? There has been so much info...I just forget all I have read.

Has anyone made a map of the two timelines?

It's on my list of things to do, but I don't want to double up.

OT every time I refresh or submit a post I expect to see the thread locked. Shhhhhhhhhh

The C-ville "townie" culture can be a bit off the beaten path. Locals generally beat to their own drum. I'm not surprised that JM had dreads, wore long shorts, wore crocks, etc. He is very much what I would call a local townie. Not that every townie looks the same... just there is an alternative vibe about a lot of them. IMO, and I grew up in C-ville and also went to UVa.
O/T....
This made me laugh. My dad lives in C'Ville, and he's this total straight laced, preppy, golfing nerd. Of course,he's old, so he doesn't count in your assessment, but it was funny, anyway. :)

I can say that when my daughter was this age, and even much older, she trusted the supposed knight(s) in armor.

Jesse Matthew is not a Knight in Shining Armour.
He is a predator.

There is a distinct difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members