VA - Herndon, Joseph Ryan shot, Christine Banfield stabbed, both deceased, in home - Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In yesterday's press conference, the cops seemed to suggest that they recently received new evidence that proved Brendan killed Christine. Prior to this they've been mum on Christine's murder.

It could be that Juliana flipped, but I wonder if some forensics came back from the lab definitively tying him to the stabbing.
Probably reviewed camera footage from McDonald's that failed to corroborate his alibi that he had an established "pattern" of eating breakfast there every morning before "work." [I wonder why "Sweetums" didn't make his brexy for him every morning?]

I don't think these men care about custody but about splitting money, control and not paying support. They could barely afford the big house on their salaries and then only bc of owned property on Long Island that was sold prior to the move to VA. May have needed to downsize to an apt or condo if divorced. That lifestyle would not have had the same appeal to the chesty young gfriend IMOO.
Perhaps "bought-and-paid-for enhancements", made possible through the generosity of her employer, Mr. Brendan Banfield! What a guy!

This morning was the hearing to find out whether the judge would allow the evidence taken from the day of the murders to be suppressed. – Juliana’s cell phone, Apple Watch, statements to the police that day, etc.

The judge DENIED the defense’s motion and also said they will allow cameras in the courtroom for her trial.

Brendan has a bond hearing tomorrow morning. Defense claims he's not a flight risk and he needs to be home as he's the sole caretaker of his daughter.
(last paragraph of the article)

This morning was the hearing to find out whether the judge would allow the evidence taken from the day of the murders to be suppressed. – Juliana’s cell phone, Apple Watch, statements to the police that day, etc.

The judge DENIED the defense’s motion and also said they will allow cameras in the courtroom for her trial.

I know it is just a snapshot in a moment of time, but geez, she sure does look like a hard woman for as young as she is.

Brendan has a bond hearing tomorrow morning. Defense claims he's not a flight risk and he needs to be home as he's the sole caretaker of his daughter.
(last paragraph of the article)
Oh, cry me a river! Whose fault is it that he is left "a single parent."

I know it is just a snapshot in a moment of time, but geez, she sure does look like a hard woman for as young as she is.
She may be young, but she's been around the block a few times.

She looks insolent! [That word came to mind, but I had to look it up: Showing a rude and arrogant lack of respect.]

Wow, this Washington Post article has a ton of new info. Including:
- forensic evidence shows Christine and Joe’s bodies were moved before paramedics got there (evidence shows Joe was shot in the corner of a room, not where Brendan said he was)
- Brendan’s mother has been bankrolling Juliana’s defense
- Brendan was studying Portuguese; he and Juliana had tickets to fly to Brazil, but were unable to because of her arrest
- police have been listening to his phone calls with Juliana in prison, including a conversation where he told her to keep her mouth shut and she asked him if he was staying with her so she wouldn’t turn on him

- forensic evidence shows Christine and Joe’s bodies were moved before paramedics got there (evidence shows Joe was shot in the corner of a room, not where Brendan said he was)
- Brendan was studying Portuguese; he and Juliana had tickets to fly to Brazil, but were unable to because of her arrest
- police have been listening to his phone calls with Juliana in prison, including a conversation where he told her to keep her mouth shut and she asked him if he was staying with her so she wouldn’t turn on him

This does answer a lot of open questions, although I still don't know why they took so long to arrest BB if even the paramedics knew the bodies had been moved. (And how does a federal law enforcement officer think he's going to get away with staging a crime scene?)

One other new piece of information from the article: "[Brendan] Banfield’s mother lived with the family..." That's the first I've heard that another adult lived in the home.

So he wanted bond to be with his daughter...but he was also gonna fly to Brazil with Juliana? Was he planning to bring his daughter to Brazil (rhetorical question because we know the answer is no)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back