GUILTY VA- Jiraiya Cherry, 3 months, found safe, Newport News, 4 Feb 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Virginia State Police issued an AMBER Alert for 3-month-old Jiraiya Cherry who authorities say was abducted Thursday.

Newport News police said they received a call from the 13300 block of Preakness Drive that Jiraiya had been abducted by an unknown babysitter. The last time anyone there saw Jiraiya was around 9 a.m.

Investigators still were looking into the circumstances surrounding and leading up to Jiraiya's disappearance.

Officers said Jiraiya is Black with a light complexion and dimples. He's approximately 10 pounds and has brown hair. He was wearing a red and white striped onesie with blue pants before he disappeared.

The woman believed to have taken him is about 24 years old, approximately 5'5" to 5'6" tall, with black dreadlocks down to the middle of her back. She has a southern accent. She was wearing a black face mask with a black jacket. She may be driving a four-door silver car with Virginia plates.

Pics at link: AMBER ALERT: Police looking for missing 3-month-old boy | 13newsnow.com

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Virginia State Police issued an AMBER Alert for 3-month-old Jiraiya Cherry who authorities say was abducted Thursday.

Newport News police said they received a call from the 13300 block of Preakness Drive that Jiraiya had been abducted by an unknown babysitter. The last time anyone there saw Jiraiya was around 9 a.m.

Investigators still were looking into the circumstances surrounding and leading up to Jiraiya's disappearance.

Officers said Jiraiya is Black with a light complexion and dimples. He's approximately 10 pounds and has brown hair. He was wearing a red and white striped onesie with blue pants before he disappeared.

The woman believed to have taken him is about 24 years old, approximately 5'5" to 5'6" tall, with black dreadlocks down to the middle of her back. She has a southern accent. She was wearing a black face mask with a black jacket. She may be driving a four-door silver car with Virginia plates.

Pics at link: AMBER ALERT: Police looking for missing 3-month-old boy | 13newsnow.com
What? An unknown babysitter? Not even a name?
How is this possible? Something doesn’t sound right here or maybe I’m misunderstanding the situation?

I hope this precious baby is found safe!

What? An unknown babysitter? Not even a name?
How is this possible? Something doesn’t sound right here or maybe I’m misunderstanding the situation?

I hope this precious baby is found safe!
Either the police haven't released the info yet, or someone made this story up. Hoping for the former.

I just posted almost the same thing! Something seems off!
Sometimes reporting from the get go is off/spotty just so they can get the alert out there... not sure how it can be an amber alert without plate #?
Hoping they will find footage or something to help identify either the babysitter or what happened? Moo

Sometimes reporting from the get go is off just so they can get the alert out there... not sure how it can be an amber alert without plate #?
Hoping they will find footage or something to help identify either the babysitter or what happened? Moo
Gosh Dre, I hope your right and the rush to get the info out was scrambled somehow. I can’t imagine not knowing the NAME of a babysitter for my infant child. I sure hope this is just some mix up and that baby is safe!

Have you seen this child? Jiraiya Sage Cherry

Issued for: Virginia
AMBER Alert: 30646
MK_amberAlert.png

Jiraiya Cherry
p61508.jpg

• Missing Since Feb 4, 2021
  • Missing From Newport News, VA
  • Age Now 3 months
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Hair Color Black
  • Eye Color Brown
  • Height 1'1"
  • Weight 10 lbs
  • Description Last seen wearing a red and white striped onesie with blue pants
Vehicle Information
  • Make: Unknown
  • Model: Unknown
  • Color: Silver
  • Description: Unknown make and model and unknown tag #
  • License state: VA
Unknown - Associated Companion
noPhotoAvailable.jpg

• Age Now 24
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Hair Color Black
  • Eye Color Brown
  • Height 5'5"
  • Description Long black hair extensions and last seen wearing a black face mask and a black jacket
The Virginia State Police and the Virginia Missing Children Clearinghouse has issued an AMBER Alert on behalf of the Newport News Police Department, for a child abduction that occurred on February 4, 2021 at 0905 hours. The child is believed to be in extreme danger and was last seen at an address located on Preakness Drive located in Newport News, VA. Abducted is Jiraiya Sage Cherry, Black, Male, Black hair, Brown eyes, 3 months old, 1 foot 1 inches tall, weighing 10 lbs, Last seen wearing a red and white stripe onesie with blue pants. The child is believed to have been abducted by an unknown black female, approximately 24 years of age, approximately 5'5" to 5'6" tall with brown eyes and long black hair extensions. She was last seen wearing a black face mask and black jacket. Last seen driving an unknown silver four door sedan with unknown Virginia registration. For further information contact the Newport News Police Department 757-247-2500 or visit Twitter.com/VSPalerts

There has to be something wrong with this story? The description sounds more like someone seeing a crime and that was who they saw commit it, not a babysitter that I would think you would have a name, what kind of car they drive, their phone number etc. How does she contact this "sitter" to hire her to begin with? Something is really off. IMO

Last edited:
Maybe the babysitter goes by a nickname and is all the reporting party knows?

Maybe whoever was with him at the time was interviewing babysitters?

Maybe the abductor was babysitting other children, not him?

I don’t see any confirmation of who he was with. I assume his mother but it could be anyone.

Amber Alert
Have you seen this child? Jiraiya Sage Cherry

Height: 1'1"?

13 inches? Most babies are around 19/20 inches at BIRTH and most parents remember the birth stats at least don't they?

ETA: can guesstimate adult kidnapper's height within span of 1 inch (5'5-5'6 description given) but guesses 3 month old baby to be 13 inches long? (The size of a 6-7 month gestation fetus) o_O

Last edited:
Trying to think of everything other than what I am really thinking. Did a mom ask a nearby person sitting outside her home/apartment: hey, he's already strapped in the car, You're sitting there,, can you watch him while I run back in and grab the baby wipes (name the item), I mean just make sure nobody takes him. mom walks back out and they're both gone? the brief 2 minute babysitting job turns into abduction. BUT it could be someone told a mother/caretaker that they were with the county family system & were there to remove the child or offer a service to the child- it has happend before with wild success. More than once as we all know...I will stop now, we don't know yet, I am bouncing around possibilities. I don't want this to end in a bad way. Praying this baby is safe!

Last edited:
NNPD investigating new leads after Amber Alert issued for missing 3-month-old baby | WSPA 7News
[...]

Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew held a news conference around 5:45 p.m. Thursday about the missing child.

He said a lead in the investigation had just developed before he started the press conference, but couldn’t disclose what that lead was.

As far as the delayed Amber Alert, Drew said there is five-item list of criteria police must meet before an Amber Alert is issued.

[...]

Drew said two criteria couldn’t be verified at first: the law enforcement agency believes the missing child is in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death, and the law enforcement investigation has taken place that verified the abduction or eliminated alternative explanations.

He said Newport News police had reached out to Virginia State Police Thursday morning with information for an Amber Alert, but state police needed more verified information before issuing the alert.

[...]

NNPD investigating new leads after Amber Alert issued for missing 3-month-old baby | WRBL
Drew said officers don’t have the name of the woman who took the child, although they believe — based on information they have so far — that the woman is a babysitter of some sort.

“Without going into disrupting the leads we have right now… We are looking for an individual, a ‘babysitter, if you will,'” he said.

Police have contacted local, state and federal law enforcement as part of the investigation. They also have conducted a K9 search and canvassed the area around where Jiraiya went missing. Officers also obtained a search warrant for the residence where Jiraiya had been. The search warrant “isn’t implicating anyone,” he said, but is meant to cover all aspects of the missing child investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back