VA VA - Joan Cook, 45, Roanoke County, 24 Jan 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Abcd1234-
I understand your feelings, though I don't fully understand your post. There hasn't been much action on this thread, so I went back and read pages 7 and 8 and I do not see mention of anybody's name. I see GF, BF, husband initials, and GF daughter. There has been no sleuthing of these people on this site. I can't say I've seen anything wrong on the FB page either. Sorry if I missed it, but just don't understand your concern about certain people's names. I know I have mentioned "gf daughter" in some of my posts and know she was one of the few friends Joan had left whom she thought she could count on, and was active in her life- thus why she was mentioned in the first place I'm sure. Obviously those 3 people have not been mentioned in the media, hence their names have not been discussed on websleuths. I hope you notice that while people may ask for that information, no answers are forthcoming. Yes, it is irritating to read these sites and see the nosey questions, etc....and many inaccuracies are discussed, as many have been rectified.
I also hope you know that nobody is trying to vilify anyone on this site, answers are sought. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that only the persons responsible have that information, and many of us here feel she was considered a "walk-away" mom for far too long by LE.
One year coming up....darn it. Finding her is the goal- but without any reliable data, where does one start to search? I hope everyday that LE will learn something or that someone will find something that leads to joan's return.

I decided to post because I have read these from day one, I just feel like too much of Joan's personal life is out there for everyone to read. There is no mention of anyone's actual name, but requesting the initals of "the BF" is just not necessary. Although there were no answers to that question, it's still too far for someone to go when this is supposed to be about Joan. The part about the facebook page was for the post that it has been inactive, therefore it seems as though she has been forgotten about. She has not been forgotten about, and while it's a great thing that so many people are interested in finding her, it's also irritating that so much of her personal life has been exposed because of this case. I'm sorry that you feel that she was a "walk away mom", the Joan that I know would have never left her daughter. This exact statement is the reason I say that many did not know her. I simply feel that the lives of others who have no connection to this case have been exposed, ie the GF's daughter. It's upsetting to see all the accusations to the innocent, even if they weren't accusations in your mind, they could be in someone else's. If it was made by you or not, it's just simply not ok.

Sorry, just have to reply that perhaps you read my post too fast. I said "she was considered a walk away mom for far too long by LE". What that means is that LE(law enforcement) thought this. Certainly not me! I know better. Never, never, never would she. There is someone responsible!
I do know what you mean regarding some of the questions - I have learned to skip those, as I have no power to stop them. Hopefully LE has done their part to get the answers.
I must have missed accusations made against gf daughter.
I hope she is found, and if searches are ever formed, I hope to see you there.

Joan's family appreciates all that are concerned about finding Joan. I still monitor this site regularly but I am still unable to give any information that may jeopardize the case. I've seen many questions asked on this site and have learned to refrain from answering those questions....no matter how badly I want to respond! Things have been asked regarding the family, the GF, BF, husband, etc. and what we must know is that people are trying to help. No matter how misguided the user may seem when asking such things, they are trying to help. I personally find it frustrating with some of the so called nosey questions that may or may not have anything to do with the case but in the end the user believes there may be some relevance to their questions. I applaud everyone who monitors this site and uses this site as it means people are concerned in finding Joan. Her family wants nothing more than to find their missing loved one. Joan is in my heart, on my mind and missed more and more every day. There is a gaping hole in my life without her. Hugs to you all.

Bumping for Joan on the anniversary of the day she went missing one year ago today
Praying for peace for her family

Bumping for Joan...wish there would be some news...

Ran across this thread yesterday.
My high school was in the Roanoke area- one of my brothers still lives in Salem.
I called him to see what he had heard. Nothing - he actually had never heard of this poor woman and her disappearance.
Just odd how little info has been in the Roanoke Times newspaper.

Blessings to the family and Joan Renee's daughter.

WSLS aired a story on the 2 year anniversary of her disappearance. Still looking for clues or some sort of lead. Think of her every single day and miss her more and more.

Salem woman still missing after 2 years

[snip]

Still, almost every week a Roanoke County detective checks in with Lucy Huffman, Cook's mother. The investigative file, which weighs several pounds and packs two thick binders, hasn't collected any dust. Investigator Andrea Morris opens those binders at least twice a week, she says, on the hunt for anything that might spark a new idea of how to approach the case.

[snip]

Friends and family say they feel as helpless today as they did two years ago.

With very little evidence available, police said they were able to construct only a loose timeline of the night Cook disappeared.

[snip]

Without a body or material evidence, whether Joan Cook is alive or dead remains a mystery. There's no proof of a crime, either, Morris said.

Investigators said they examined every tip that came into their office. They searched the Cook residence, even a nearby retaining pond. A team of cadaver dogs was unable to find anything.

The case remains two-pronged, with detectives investigating scenarios in which Cook is alive and dead, Morris said.

More: http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/308724

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cook_joan.html

cook_joan.jpg

:bump:

I just came across this thread via Alexis Murphy's thread (thanks Aeronomy).

Any news in this case? This thread is troubling, all the reported missing in the area...wonder if any of them might be victims of RAT?

:bump:

I just came across this thread via Alexis Murphy's thread (thanks Aeronomy).

Any news in this case? This thread is troubling, all the reported missing in the area...wonder if any of them might be victims of RAT?

I haven't heard anything new. She was last seen leaving the house in our neighborhood (I'm a couple of houses up from it) and I always think about her. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back