VA - Johnny Cashman Jr., 38, death investigation, Lynchburg, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Laughing

Rarely Speechless
Reaction score
Welcome to Websleuths!

Terms of Service require a link to a law enforcement report or main stream media, so here are a couple:

Reporting my post to ask a Moderator to add the location & date to the thread title.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Terms of Service require a link to a law enforcement report or main stream media, so here are a couple:

Reporting my post to ask a Moderator to add the location & date to the thread title.
really appreciate the help! thank you so much

really appreciate the help! thank you so much
Thanks for bringing this case to Websleuths!!

I just noticed the title of the thread. This death took place in Lynchburg, Virginia, not Tennessee. The witness was however from TN. FWIW. The documents are at this link:

I just noticed the title of the thread. This death took place in Lynchburg, Virginia, not Tennessee. The witness was however from TN. FWIW. The documents are at this link:

i had originally posted it under VA but I'm not sure how it switched over to TN.

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a NEW THREAD for this case.
The original thread did not include the required substantiating links from LE and/or MSM in the opening post. Removing that post wouLD remove the thread, so a new one was started here. Acceptable posts were copied and pasted on this new thread. Here are some guidelines to help all post successfully on this new thread:

Websleuths does not allow:
- threads to be started without substantiating links from LE and/or MSM.
- YouTube video UNLESS they have been approved by Websleuths. At this time, the Arrin Stoner thread is not approved.
- comments made as if factual without substantiating links from LE and/or MSM.
- opinions or speculation UNLESS you state clearly it is your opinion/speculation, AND it is based in some part on published fact.

- posts that quote or discuss preceding posts that are in violation.

Please use the Report (button is at the lower left of every post) if you have any questions about the rules. We are happy to help.

Please review the Websleuths TOS (linked in my signature below).
THANK YOU for your efforts to post according to the rules we all agree to when we joined.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

o_O My goodness! I'm left almost speechless by the disturbing circumstances surrounding Johnny's death. I can't even imagine what his loved ones are feeling right now. I hope they find all the help they need to get the answers necessary to explain exactly what caused Johnny's death. I hope some respectable, popular reporters and YTers share this case with their audiences. This is definitely a case that deserves a spotlight. MOO

Rest in peace, Johnny. :(

---------------------------------

Note regarding WS housekeeping:

Johnny's thread has been moved to the Crimes That Should Be In The News forum considering neither LE nor the ME have classified the case as anything other than a medical-related death. If the ongoing death investigation results in the case becoming reclassified as a crime, then we'll move the thread back to the Crimes in the News forum.

SBM
  • ...death was ruled as being medical-related...
  • ABC13 obtained the Medical Examiner's report, which shows the office turned down the case.
  • Lynchburg Police Chief Ryan Zuidema was contacted directly and asked to sit down for an interview about this case, but a Lieutenant responded, saying there would be no comment due to an ongoing investigation.

SBM
  • ...a death investigation that began in April

Following....this is the first I've heard about this case, local to me. Suggestion to family: contact local talk radio station WLNI--they may feature Johnny's story. They would be a great tool for publicizing it and getting the word out to the community. Praying real answers will come soon, something odd definitely happened to this man!

Hope Johnny's family does not give up and will continue with further investigation into this matter.​

Disappointed in how this was handled.​

Commonwealth's Attorney announces no charges in death of John Cashman​

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) — Back in May, we reported on the case of John Cashman after his family came to us to get answers on his their son's death.

Now we know that the Lynchburg Commonwealth's Attorney will not be pressing charges in Cashman's death.

Bethany Harrison is citing a lack of evidence after reviewing the crime scene, photo, and video evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back