VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BR asked what choice AH has if she wants to retweet an article.

Well, if it's defamatory and false, then she could:

1. Call the WP and tell the to remove that heading.
2. NOT retweet it.

BR is being very disingenuous about the retweet publication. I hope the jury feels insulted by him trying to twist that and by him trying to pull on Constitutional heart strings.

Sky News

'In Mr Depp's world, you don't leave Mr Depp'

Amber Heard's lawyer Ben Rottenborn starts by asking jurors to "think about the message" that Depp and his lawyers are sending to Heard "and by extension to every victim of domestic abuse everywhere - if you didn't take pictures, it didn't happen."

He continues: "If you did take pictures, they're fake. If you didn't tell your friends, you're lying. And if you did tell your friends, they're part of the hoax.

"If you didn't seek medical treatment, you weren't injured. If you did seek medical treatment, you're crazy.

"If you do everything that you can to help your spouse, the person that you love, rid himself of the crushing drug and alcohol abuse that spins him into an abusive, rage-filled monster, you're a nag.

"And if you finally decide that enough is enough... and you have to leave to save yourself, you're a gold-digger."

Mr Rottenborn continues: "In Mr Depp's world, you don't leave Mr Depp. And if you do, he will start a campaign of global humiliation against you. A smear campaign...

"He will do everything he can to destroy your life, to destroy your career."

He says Depp's team are trying to get the jury to be an accomplice to this.
Word salad.

1. I hope they will after all BR just said because BR is trying to say the "men in power" isn't about JD, but she said yesterday that it was. And she was angry. She was arguing that she wrote it because "so many friends and the world" stick up for JD.

They must be saving it for after BR nonsense

I truly have a hard time focusing and being engaged in this trial when this specific attorney is speaking. He doesn't come across as "invested" in this client or the outcome of this case. He seems - disconnected. His mouth is making noises but they don't feel like he is passionate or believes himself what he is seeing. Maybe it's just his manner of speaking or he is just nervous, maybe he is just no good in front of juries. sigh.

He says ' If Amber experienced abuse from JD even one time, then she 'wins.'

I DISAGREE---- he is ignoring that if it was only one time, then she is guilty of making vile untrue allegations. And that makes her GUILTY
I disagree with it, too. I'm not interested in any text, either, that wasn't sent directly to AH herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn