VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

'The rage that this man had'

The court hears Amber Heard decided to confide in her mother about what was happening in her relationship with Johnny Depp.

She says she knew her mother would understand - the court has previously heard that the actress's father was abusive - and wouldn't judge her.

Heard says she confided in her mother about the "control" and psychological abuse from "the very beginning".

She says she later "opened up about some of the violence". She says she wanted to talk to someone about how "scary" it was.

"The rage that this man had..." she starts to say, but is cut-off by one of Depp's lawyers who asks to approach the bench.

Sky News

'He wears a lot of rings'

Amber Heard is now talking about the period around March 2013 and tells the court about a "revolving door of accusations" by Johnny Depp.

"Nothing I do is working," she says of their arguments. The actress says she would try to diffuse the situation by telling Depp "I'm not sleeping with this person".

Heard says she was "madly in love" with Depp and tried to convince him of this, but "it was one fight after the other".

The actress tells the court about a painting she had by her ex-partner Tasya VR near to her bed in her LA home.

She alleges Depp tried to set the painting on fire "but was unsuccessful" in doing this while "drinking to the extent he was".

Heard says she "left the room, left the house, eventually came back".

There was a whole night and morning of this, she says.

The court is now being shown texts sent between Heard and Depp on 12 March 2013, which refer to "last Friday night" and Depp calling it a "hideous moment".

Heard says this was something that happened at Depp's penthouse apartment, when the actor was accusing her of sleeping with two different people.

"He backhands me," she tells the court. "He wears a lot of rings. I remember just feeling like my lip went into my teeth and it got a little blood on the wall.

"As hard as it is to explain this, I was so caught up in the relationship... I didn't internalise, I didn't make that big a deal of it.

"My best way to cope with it, I kind of minimise it. Make sure he knows that I'm tough, can't knock me down... make a joke of it."

Sky News

'I don't know how many times he hit me in the face'

The court is now being shown a picture Amber Heard says she took of herself in March 2013, which she sent to her mother.

Heard says she wanted to send the photo to her mother as she was "reaching out" and wanted "help and advice". She says she wanted to talk to someone and "figure out how I could make this stop".

The photo shows Heard with a bruised arm.

lcimg-8f59c4f1-3f8a-4087-8155-1377199a331c.jpg

She tells the court that on this occasion, Johnny Depp had slapped her and she walked away, which "made it worse" and they "got into a shouting match".

Heard says she "could tell" he was going to hit her again so she threw a vase in Depp's direction, but then he grabbed her by the arm and held her on the floor, "screaming at me...

"I don't know how many times he hit me in the face," she says. "I remember thinking, 'how can this happen to me again'."

Sky News

'Howling' and holding their dog 'out of moving car window'

Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft takes the actress back to what happened with the painting by her ex-wife Tasya VR.

She says Johnny Depp seemed intent on getting her to confess to an affair that she wasn't having.

Depp was going to a shoot that day and Heard "reluctantly" agreed to go with him, she says.

They were in the car with their two dogs, Pistol and Boo, and driving up Sweetzer Avenue in LA - where Depp "effectively owns the end of the street".

She says Depp started "howling" and then grabbed Boo, a teacup yorkie, and held the dog "out of the window of the moving car".

Heard says everyone in the car "froze" and describes it as "eerie" that "no one did anything".

The actress says she pulled Depp's arms back into the car and they continued.

Sky News#

'Breakfast table'

Amber Heard is now being shown a picture she took of her "breakfast table" on that same morning.

This photo has come up previously during the trial, and shows a "drug box" that Johnny Depp had cocaine in, Heard tells the court.

lcimg-f8f0a9e3-3a47-44bf-aaaa-80984cf10763.jpg

The photo also shows drinks and lines of cocaine on the table.

Heard tells the court she sent a copy of the picture to her best friend Rocky P.

Sky News

'Do you know how many pounds of pressure it takes to break a human wrist?'

Amber Heard is now asked to tell the court what happened in Hicksville, California, in 2013.

It was a "fancy trailer park", she says, and the plan was to have a "party out in the desert" and take mushrooms with friends.

Someone also brought MDMA which was being passed about, Heard says. One woman leaned on Heard and put her head on her arm, she tells the court, which she took to be because of the effects of the drug.

Depp did not like this, she tells the court. At first the woman thought his response was a joke.

"I knew in my body instantly that it wasn't a joke, but she didn't," Heard says. "She's still attached to my arm when he says... 'you think you're touching my *advertiser censored***** girl? That's my *advertiser censored***** girl'."

Depp got louder and the woman started to cry and threw up her hands. Depp grabbed her wrist, Heard says, and twisted it.

She says he told the woman: "Do you know how many pounds of pressure it takes to break a human wrist?"

The woman was crying and didn't understand what was going on, Heard tells the court. She says she cannot remember exactly what happened but they agreed to talk about it privately in their trailer.

There, Depp told Heard she had been "asking for this" and "hadn't been honest" about her relationship with this woman, she says.

It seemed like he turned his "rage on to the trailer", she says.

Sky News

Warning: Graphic details of alleged sexual abuse

Amber Heard is now telling the court about an incident of alleged sexual abuse.

There are details in the next post which some readers may find disturbing.

Warning: Sexual abuse allegation

During the argument, Amber Heard says she realised Johnny Depp was looking for something.

She says he asked her where she was "hiding" it, but she didn't realise what he was talking about.

"He ripped my dress," she tells the court. "He's grabbing my breasts... he rips my underwear off."

Heard becomes upset as she tells the court that Depp proceeded to carry out what he called a "cavity search" and said he was looking for his drugs.

"I didn't know what to do," she says. "I just stood there."

She says she didn't tell Depp to "stop" and is fighting back tears.

Heard says she doesn't remember going to bed or talking to Depp the next day.

She says she remembers just wanting things to "go back to normal".

Heard says her friends were by the pool at the trailer park and looked like they were having a great time. She says she "smiled" and made a joke about how "trashed" the trailer got.

She tells the court how "lonely" she felt.

Sky News

I wanted to want to leave him'

Amber Heard tells the court she was "so torn" because when her relationship with Johnny Depp was good "it was so good".

But the "other thing" was awful, she says, crying. She says no one around Depp was honest with him.

"He'd pass out in his own vomit, he'd lose control of his body... everyone would clean up after him, I cleaned up after him. This man lost control of his bowels and I cleaned up after him. His security cleaned up after him, changed his pants... he would pass out in his own sick."

And afterwards Depp would walk around saying he "didn't have a problem", Heard says.

In June 2013, she says she "wanted to want to leave him" and for "him to get better".

Depp would tell her "baby girl, you saved my life", she says, and "I believed it".

Heard says she was 25 years old at the time, "looking at this man twice my age and I saw hope". She says she saw "kids and growing old together sort of hope".

She tells the court how much she wanted to help him and is again upset.

Sky News

MDMA with a flight attendant

Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft asks about her first meeting with Johnny Depp's children, LR and J, which was in the summer of 2013.

She says she was "dying" to get to know them and even had their artwork on her fridge. The court hears she first met them at The Lone Ranger premiere at Disneyland.

Shortly afterwards, Heard and Depp were on a flight to Russia - the "first and last time I ever decided it would be a decent idea to do drugs with Johnny". She says they took MDMA on the plane "which was as stupid as it may sound".

Heard says she was against Depp using cocaine and the drinking, but was "26-ish" at the time and thought MDMA was a "lovey drug" and wanted to be the "fun girlfriend" on this occasion.

Heard says she took a capsule and Depp took "several" - and things were "going fine" until a flight attendant "got involved".

Depp offered some MDMA to the flight attendant who at first said no but eventually "acquiesced", Heard says.

The flight attendant was talking to them and at one point leaned into Heard's seat, the actress tells the court.

Depp grabbed the woman's hand and told her not to touch Heard, she said. She again says Depp told the woman he could break her wrist - in a similar incident to what happened in Hicksville.

"I don't recall any violence on the plane... but I remember feeling this tension," she says. She tells the court Depp had a "sensitivity" about Heard and women as she had previously had a female partner.

When they got to their hotel room, Depp was making accusations and then "shoves me", Heard tells the court. "At some point, Johnny whacks me in the face. I don't remember feeling pain or awareness of my nose... I just remember wanting him to realise what had happened."

Sky News

'I was very, very much in love with this whole family now'

Amber Heard is now telling the court about a trip on a yacht near Johnny Depp's private island in the Bahamas in July 2013, which she went on with his children.

The court has previously heard how Depp was selling the yacht to JK Rowling and Heard says he wanted to have a "goodbye" trip.

"Johnny was upset that he had to sell the boat," she says. The actor was off the wagon "again" but didn't want his children to know, so was hiding it, she tells the court. "He was putting it in coffee cups... he was emotional... but there's just no off button with Johnny."

Heard says Depp's daughter LR was upset. At one point as some people had been jumping off the boat, Depp threw himself off the boat in a "face, chest-forward way... it looked a little scary", she says.

LR was crying and "I'm holding her, comforting her", Heard says. Then Depp came in and "seemed very angry" and asked LR to leave,

Heard says Depp started accusing her of "like, telling on him" and calling him a "drunk" in front of his kids. She says she hadn't done this as she was "trying to protect Johnny" and didn't feel it was her place to do that.

"He slams me up against the side wall... slams me up by my neck," she says. "And holds me there for a second and tells me that he could *advertiser censored***** kill me." Depp called her an "embarrassment" she claims, and told her she made him feel sick.

"I was very, very much in love with this whole family now," she tells the court, "and he's saying I'm embarrassing to him".

She says this was worse than him saying he could kill her, which felt like "hyperbole".

Again, Heard is emotional as she speaks.

The court goes quiet as Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft scrolls through abusive text messages Depp sent to Heard after she had left the yacht.
Court concludes for the day.

So, after all that...I'm not buying what she's trying to sell.

She's full of it. She lost me from the beginning with the inference of Johnny grooming her.

No-one else, as far as I know, has come forward with such an accusation against Johnny. Weinstein and the plethora of others accused had a long history of grooming behaviour, that spanned over most of their careers.

Maybe she didn't claim she was abused by family as a child... it's possible I made an incorrect assumption.

No, she has… in one of her retellings she has said of the “Wino Forever”, carpet-staring sagas, she has said ‘I remember thinking that nobody had ever hit me before with the exception of my father.’

In another version, she omitted her father from the list.

I think someone also alluded to it in opening statements; though whether her side or Johnny’s side, I cannot recall.

if she discussed it today I cannot say, because I didn’t watch either.

So, after all that...I'm not buying what she's trying to sell.

She's full of it. She lost me from the beginning with the inference of Johnny grooming her.

No-one else, as far as I know, has come forward with such an accusation against Johnny. Weinstein and the plethora of others accused had a long history of grooming behaviour, that spanned over most of their careers.

it’s just too much, isn’t it?

IME it always has been too much, too thick out of nowhere. Humongous, humongous walls of text - I was rendered a little ill reading all of the Sky updates, not gonna lie, so it probably was better I didn’t watch it firsthand - but as one may recall my saying, she’s got at least fourteen instances of this horrible, terrible abuse she trotted out in England, and she never, ever contemplates leaving, no matter how early it is in the relationship.

It’s Just. Too. Much, imo. Not that he’s a little bit offensive occasionally; but that he’s hideous, Grand Guignol, Italian Giallo films on her, multiple times.

In England, I believe they call this ‘overegging the pudding’.

I will say this though.

I do believe it when Heard says she had a traumatic childhood, and who knows, maybe it goes beyond that.

I don't believe she's pulled all this out of nowhere. I think she may be drawing on past experiences.

It does make me sad that she was most likely one of those child abuse cases that we all despair at. Unfortunately for some, this is the result when they reach adulthood.

Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members