VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sadly all the evidence references in all the documents are lacking, LOL. Some courts in the US would include them as exhibits at the back of the documents; this UK court, apparently not so much... so anytime the document alludes to a picture, agreement, text, whatever, with reference markers "a copy of this has been included at/as JD3", or whatever the piece of evidence was named; we don't get to see it, that I recall.

Whitney is on Amber's list, IIRC; but her father is not, which strikes me as interesting. Maybe he's too much of a loose cannon to be included and even Amber knows to avoid him; or it's OK to talk smack about JD's family members but her father is off limits, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Also, now that I think of it, it's possible that Whitney is scheduled to appear via taped deposition. Many of the purported Heard witnesses had that box checked off, if I recall correctly.

Ahhh! Now I understand what you meant! There are a couple of JD's exhibits on the ones I've read .. such as pics of his finger injury and text messages between him and AH's parents. But I don't remember seeing any exhibits shown on AH's documents.

Oh, sadly all the evidence references in all the documents are lacking, LOL. Some courts in the US would include them as exhibits at the back of the documents; this UK court, apparently not so much... so anytime the document alludes to a picture, agreement, text, whatever, with reference markers "a copy of this has been included at/as JD3", or whatever the piece of evidence was named; we don't get to see it, that I recall.

Whitney is on Amber's list, IIRC; but her father is not, which strikes me as interesting. Maybe he's too much of a loose cannon to be included and even Amber knows to avoid him; or it's OK to talk smack about JD's family members but her father is off limits, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Also, now that I think of it, it's possible that Whitney is scheduled to appear via taped deposition. Many of the purported Heard witnesses had that box checked off, if I recall correctly.

Do you have any guess as to why JD's #1 document is not available? I find that odd!

This trial and testimony of both of them is so degrading and awful and yet somehow given the players and the hollywood backdrop I would not be shocked to find out that during the break they decided to get back together. Honestly nothing would surprise me.

Good Morning!Does anyone know when the trial resumes?Thank you!I'm scared I'm going to miss it....ya know yard work and all that jazz.

odd tearless sobbing with sniffing - I know there are many suggestions out there about her odd tissue nose wiping habits on the stand but my own speculation is that no illegal substances are in volved (during court) but that she has some menthol based product up her sleeve or on her tissue so that she can try to cry. Unfortunately that means she can't rub her eyes or it stings. Maybe that was what caused the odd facial contortion when talking about dog stepping on bee and why she appeared to put her finger up her nose a couple of times.

I can't wait for cross because I look forward to her being confronted with her own fiction from direct one bit at a time. The stylist who spent all day with her after the alleged worst of the "abuse" and saw no evidence of it. Kate Moss who most definitely was NOT ever pushed down stairs (I hope she is called on rebuttal that would be a real drama moment). I don't know if Lily Rose is on the witness list but if not she should be. I would love to hear from her own mouth her thoughts on AH and the BS. I hope they show evidence of Whitney's texts with Johnny and others at the time of the alleged AH saves sissy BS. It is going to be a long break waiting to reconvene.

I don't think both have. I suspect his career will recover especially since more and more people now have come to the opinion that his ex wife is a bold faced liar, and a dreadfully bad actor. I do believe this is working in JD's favor, and to the detriment of AH.
IDK about that. This trial was been so florid, and has IMO generally repulsed those covering it and those reading about it. Maybe he starts to claw his way back in via the James Franco route, but there's no way he turns up in a Disney/ Marvel type role anytime soon, or ever, which means that if he is working he ain't making any 32 million dollar paydays.

Her publicity team has made a case for her continuing to work (via a Guardian story recently) but again, I'm not sure why -- she's an awful actor and her phone didn't seem to be ringing off the hook even before the trial. Maybe she too finds her way back, but not sure how, exactly.

This whole mess has been, in a word, unedifying.

After watching this, they showed a clip of Heard and there was an objection and she blurted that “after” Ben had given these photos is when that triggered her (about the square bottle) and that’s why she just remembered. I’ll have to go back and re-watch her testifying to this.

My question is did Ben King take this trigger photo after that altercation with all the other photos he took? If so, it clearly shows this square bottle she claims was used in the SA was sitting on a table, not the floor or wherever. Also, iirc she testified that she took that photo with the two bottles sitting on the table in the morning. So, which is it?

…I’d also have to go back and look at said photo, but IIRC it may have been one of the questions Ben was asked in his time on the stand, that didn’t make any sense without we saw the photos - I thought Ben testified that he only took photos of things he had to arrange to repair and replace; precisely because I also remember them asking ‘and, of anything else?’, with him also saying/admitting he might have taken some pictures when driving up to the outside for, i guess, souvenirs.

Do you have any guess as to why JD's #1 document is not available? I find that odd!

no idea, really - maybe part of it was disputed; though then I go and wonder why they wouldn’t have just redacted the disputed chunk?

odd tearless sobbing with sniffing - I know there are many suggestions out there about her odd tissue nose wiping habits on the stand but my own speculation is that no illegal substances are in volved (during court) but that she has some menthol based product up her sleeve or on her tissue so that she can try to cry. Unfortunately that means she can't rub her eyes or it stings. Maybe that was what caused the odd facial contortion when talking about dog stepping on bee and why she appeared to put her finger up her nose a couple of times.

I can't wait for cross because I look forward to her being confronted with her own fiction from direct one bit at a time. The stylist who spent all day with her after the alleged worst of the "abuse" and saw no evidence of it. Kate Moss who most definitely was NOT ever pushed down stairs (I hope she is called on rebuttal that would be a real drama moment). I don't know if Lily Rose is on the witness list but if not she should be. I would love to hear from her own mouth her thoughts on AH and the BS. I hope they show evidence of Whitney's texts with Johnny and others at the time of the alleged AH saves sissy BS. It is going to be a long break waiting to reconvene.
I get the strong impression that JD wants to save both of the kids from having to testify. When he said ‘my kids know all about the trial’, I thought to myself, “you know, if they didn’t really truly know ‘Everything’, I wouldn’t be sorry or blame you.”

Public sentiment about AH certainly has become harsh. Some of the vitriol has even become frightening, IMO. She may be extremely unlikeable. She may be a liar and a manipulator and a defamer of JD's character. However, I see her being held in the esteem of a murderer, a terrorist or the worst of the worst . I dunno......does she deserve that? just an opinion, just wondering.

Frightening indeed. The lack of objectivity as far as JD's long time, long documented, out-of-control addiction to numerous substances and history of violence while on those substances is being downplayed to an egregious level by fans/supporters of Depp, in order to rip AH to shreds.

Bottom line, AH is not responsible for what JD is accusing her of ie. the ruination of his career. He is entirely the master of his own downfall. This trial is nothing but another example of Depp still deep in denial and refusing to take responsibility for his own actions.

I think they're both seriously screwed up people, both coming across really badly in this trial. I believe they were both physically violent towards each other.

Last edited:
Frightening indeed. The lack of objectivity as far as JD's long time, long documented, out-of-control addiction to numerous substances and history of violence while on those substances is being downplayed to an egregious level by fans/supporters of Depp, in order to rip AH to shreds.

Bottom line, AH is not responsible for what JD is accusing her of ie. the ruination of his career. He is entirely the master of his own downfall. This trial is nothing but another example of Depp still deep in denial and refusing to take responsibility for his own actions.

I think they're both seriously screwed up people, both coming across really badly in this trial. I believe they were both physically violent towards each other.

JD has a much longer and much more documented career, period. ;)

I suppose? there is actual proof of JD actually being violent but I'm not hearing or seeing it. Where is it... I mean, real, actual, "reliable" sources of his history of violence?? The MeToo movement was in full swing but none of his intimate partners/wives jumped on that bandwagon making accusations of violence. Was it his assault of a couch or a hotel room or a kitchen cupboard that you consider a history of violent behavior?? What documented information will help people to be more "objective" about his history of violence?

I continue to standby my first post in this thread... "I believe JD has lived his life being generous to others - especially family and friends. I don't believe he inflicted any type of abuse on anyone except himself (via substances and falling for AH)."

Seriously... she hasn't personally coughed-up her promised donation (although publicly claimed she paid it). Moral character is important. Where is hers?
jmo

ETA: I've seen less than half of the films and TV shows JD has made in the many years of his career. I suppose that makes me totally swayed to support him in this trial? No. I've only seen AH on the screen testifying (and listening to evidence) and THAT I will fully admit has definitely formed my negative opinion of her.

Last edited:
Well Chelly...we are still on exactly the same page...nice analysis...this trial is crazy...and I expect it to get even crazier with this long break!
@turaj I continue to struggle to keep an "open mind" in this trial. Evidence shows Both AH and DP have anger and substance abuse issues. AH is unlikeable to me, but I'm not ready to defame her.

Can you explain please, what you mean by 'celeb talk' ? :)

This trial and testimony of both of them is so degrading and awful and yet somehow given the players and the hollywood backdrop I would not be shocked to find out that during the break they decided to get back together. Honestly nothing would surprise me.
@turaj Would not surprise me either. Codependency.

They are clearly two sick and suffering individuals who need serious help for substance and mental health issues. Sadly, when help has been offered, it has not been taken seriously. Bottom line, they don't take responsibility for their own behavior. (imo and life experiences)

They are clearly two sick and suffering individuals who need serious help for substance and mental health issues. Sadly, when help has been offered, it has not been taken seriously. Bottom line, they don't take responsibility for their own behavior. (imo and life experiences)

^ Yes. How anyone can think otherwise when they've both gone out of their individual ways to show how effed up they both are on an international stage.

The only good outcome here imo is if the jury - oh that poor jury, having to listen to and indulge JD's and AH's joint self-serving, desperate bullcrap over the last how long - reaches exactly that conclusion and sends both of them on their way with that ringing seriously in their ears.

^ Yes. How anyone can think otherwise when they've both gone out of their individual ways to show how effed up they both are.

The only good outcome here imo is if the jury - oh that poor jury, having to listen to and indulge JD's and AH's joint self-serving, desperate bullcrap over the last how long - reaches exactly that conclusion and sends both of them on their way with that ringing in their ears.
The jury has a steep hill to climb. My trust is on their ability to eliminate the BS and stick with facts. In the end, Jury may surprise many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member