VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JD has a much longer and much more documented career, period. ;)

I suppose? there is actual proof of JD actually being violent but I'm not hearing or seeing it. Where is it... I mean, real, actual, "reliable" sources of his history of violence?? The MeToo movement was in full swing but none of his intimate partners/wives jumped on that bandwagon making accusations of violence. Was it his assault of a couch or a hotel room or a kitchen cupboard that you consider a history of violent behavior?? What documented information will help people to be more "objective" about his history of violence?

I continue to standby my first post in this thread... "I believe JD has lived his life being generous to others - especially family and friends. I don't believe he inflicted any type of abuse on anyone except himself (via substances and falling for AH)."

Seriously... she hasn't personally coughed-up her promised donation (although publicly claimed she paid it). Moral character is important. Where is hers?
jmo

ETA: I've seen less than half of the films and TV shows JD has made in the many years of his career. I suppose that makes me totally swayed to support him in this trial? No. I've only seen AH on the screen testifying (and listening to evidence) and THAT I will fully admit has definitely formed my negative opinion of her.
She has surrendered neither her promised donation; nor has she surrendered the electronic devices they were required to so do to be data mined, to the point where her side faces future sanctions (The punishment may be scant but that doesn’t mean the state of being sanctioned is a nothing); every piece of ‘evidence’ she’s offered had been scanty in both quantity and actual information the court will accept (one of them was 14 blacked-out pages and one 3-line text from the talent agent he parted from, Tracey Jacobs, independent of consulting AH); she audio recorded him (again, her supposedly adored soulmate) quite clearly and obviously bellowing in pain and has used it against him; her audio clips are all carefully curated/snipped, and they prove proof of zero of her dramatic testimony; they’re rough and chaotic at times because we can't see the action behind the clothing, etc. rustling; but they don’t prove much, IMO, YMMV.

She manipulated that poor talent agent into doing her dirty work - I’m in fact shocked he still has a job at CAA, would you want the agent so enmeshed and ill in judgment who thought they should help one client violate a restraining order said client in fact took out themselves?? Even by his own testimony. he’s not friends with either one of them anymore, even after he was ill advised enough to do Amber’s bidding; and let’s not forget the AH friend who got literally barred from the courtroom by judge for using dirty tricks to communicate with Amber when the judge had already said it was forbidden for anyone in the gallery to pull out their cell phones, information that directly got one of the Depp witnesses who was about to share damning personal information about the drug habits AH has clearly been so desperate to dissociate herself from it, barred from the courtroom; she’s directly contradicted her RN’s testimony at minimum by gasping ‘Myself and MDMA, cocaine, hard liquor, the idea!!’, and still people think she has any truth in her; I’m not sure where it’s hiding…

Last edited:
This trial and testimony of both of them is so degrading and awful and yet somehow given the players and the hollywood backdrop I would not be shocked to find out that during the break they decided to get back together. Honestly nothing would surprise me.

I've got to say .. this happens so often in toxic relationships. That's usually how both parties end up loosing the support of so many friends and family. I don't think it will happen in this case and after this amount of time has passed. But you never know.

I also am not so sure I am ready to consider this marriage as toxic on both sides .. it was too short lived and it seems like once he was done, he was done. Of course my mind could change if she produces any real evidence of him trying to get back with her. So far, what has been produced, I lean more towards AH being the toxic one.

^ Yes. How anyone can think otherwise when they've both gone out of their individual ways to show how effed up they both are on an international stage.

The only good outcome here imo is if the jury - oh that poor jury, having to listen to and indulge JD's and AH's joint self-serving, desperate bullcrap over the last how long - reaches exactly that conclusion and sends both of them on their way with that ringing seriously in their ears.

Are you watching the trial?

ETA .. not meaning that in a snarky way. I was truly curious if you are following the trial or basing your opinion on other things you've seen or read.

D
I've got to say .. this happens so often in toxic relationships. That's usually how both parties end up loosing the support of so many friends and family. I don't think it will happen in this case and after this amount of time has passed. But you never know.

I also am not so sure I am ready to consider this marriage as toxic on both sides .. it was too short lived and it seems like once he was done, he was done. Of course my mind could change if she produces any real evidence of him trying to get back with her. So far, what has been produced, I lean more towards AH being the toxic one.

I agree with you, there's been no evidence produced that said he did pursue her... in one of the recordings, she in fact dares him to take off his wedding ring, sound of metal hitting the deck, she immediately pounces "Is that all our relationship means to you?!?", you're like "Naw, lady, he did it so you'd get mad. He's veritably screaming 'Let me out!', and you're continuing to chase him. "

If anything, I strongly suspect that he's the one that's got PTSD; and I also suspect, some day there's gonna be a hell of a tell-all book with a lot of very dramatic ink spilled on our Ms. Heard therein.

Frightening indeed. The lack of objectivity as far as JD's long time, long documented, out-of-control addiction to numerous substances and history of violence while on those substances is being downplayed to an egregious level by fans/supporters of Depp, in order to rip AH to shreds.

Bottom line, AH is not responsible for what JD is accusing her of ie. the ruination of his career. He is entirely the master of his own downfall. This trial is nothing but another example of Depp still deep in denial and refusing to take responsibility for his own actions.

I think they're both seriously screwed up people, both coming across really badly in this trial. I believe they were both physically violent towards each other.

I've only been following since the tail-end of JD's testimony. What proof was offered of his abuse to AH?

I disagree about him being the architect of his own demise; regardless of his alcoholism he has been a sought-after, well-respected, and popular actor for decades. The accusations from AH are what has damaged his career.

And, JD has supposedly been clean for several years. I can't speak to that, or course, but conversely, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

IDK about that. This trial was been so florid, and has IMO generally repulsed those covering it and those reading about it. Maybe he starts to claw his way back in via the James Franco route, but there's no way he turns up in a Disney/ Marvel type role anytime soon, or ever, which means that if he is working he ain't making any 32 million dollar paydays.

Her publicity team has made a case for her continuing to work (via a Guardian story recently) but again, I'm not sure why -- she's an awful actor and her phone didn't seem to be ringing off the hook even before the trial. Maybe she too finds her way back, but not sure how, exactly.

This whole mess has been, in a word, unedifying.

IIRC .. JD has said there is no amount of money that he would ever take to work with Disney again. ;) IMO .. I think he could care less if he makes another 32 million dollar paycheck. He only cares about exposing the truth and that seems to be what is happening.

IIRC .. JD has said there is no amount of money that he would ever take to work with Disney again. ;) IMO .. I think he could care less if he makes another 32 million dollar paycheck. He only cares about exposing the truth and that seems to be what is happening.

I've seen some legal analysists online say that they don't think that JD can win this judgment, however, they think that he knew that going in, that his sole purpose is to get the truth out there.

Each of them has sought self help from what I recall.

AH has a history of seeing therapists, getting anxiety meds etc. For what exactly, we can only assume. Anxiety Disorder, or Depression from the nurses notes was offered.

JD sought help for his addiction to Opiates. A true killer, in the field of addictions. He sought medical help to get him through the serious, painful withdraw experiences. He stated he continues to absolutely abstain from using any kind of pain killer, or opiate. He stated he never wants to go through that again.

His other issues with alcohol and other drugs were not serious enough for himself to admit he 'has a problem', IMO. (Similar to AH thinking she doesn't have a problem with using drugs or drinking alcohol).

They both attempted marital counseling and therapy. Separately and together. It obviously didn't work. And, here we are.

To say that either of them is more or less likely to seek help, is not important. They separately and together recognized 'wrong' when they lived it.

Many many people, including possibly many of us here, have experienced ugly and horrid divorce and separations. Many have lived through violence and assaults. I am truly sorry for all who have suffered. More than likely those experiences didn't make for continuous glaring headlines either.

But this case? It was AH's 'dirty laundry' purposely and maliciously spread to cause harm. KNOWING the media would run the headlines...24/7. TMZ, Washington Post....it didn't matter. An idolized Hollywood Star was going down.....and she had her finger on the trigger, and a front row seat to watch it happen. MOO

I have enjoyed Depp’s films, especially those when he is portraying a real character like George Jung in Blow, Whitey Bulger in Black Mass to name a couple. There are few actors that can realistically achieve portraying actual people and pull it off. I have yet to see any Pirates movies, never saw Jump Street. His talent agent described him well imo…one of the finest actors of his generation. I hope he will do more films in the future. I have never seen a film that Heard was in, only really know her name except from this trial and an occasional headline that would pop up on some news feed that I had no interest in reading.

I came to this trial with no pre-conceived thoughts, just thought it may be interesting. As I have watched this trial I saw a very broken man who was laying out such personal stuff for a broadcasted trial. Of course I then started researching things as most of us here do, but still tried to keep an open mind. Sounds like Depp has had some serious substance abuse issues…but he has owned up to them in detail…in my book that makes him somewhat credible…then combine that with testimony from other witnesses. I have found nothing or heard nothing about any abuse from his former partners, only loving thoughts. For this man to admit that he is the one who was abused by this woman for all to hear was huge.

I have not seen the same from Heard so far. Her parroting his attire is just such an abusive control thing that confirms so much of the testimony. So far I have found her to be nothing but very bad acting…but what really blew me away was all the insinuations she had tried to twist in her testimony…grooming, SA, etc. She is right up there with her trash mouth as he is. That testimony from the aclu attorney is so damaging that I don’t think there is ever any way to recover from that. It has shown that she is a liar…and if she lied about this so loudly, what else is she lying about.

Anyways, my two cents fwiw. Sorry for the long post.

... But this case? It was AH's 'dirty laundry' purposely and maliciously spread to cause harm. KNOWING the media would run the headlines...24/7. TMZ, Washington Post....it didn't matter. An idolized Hollywood Star was going down.....and she had her finger on the trigger, and a front row seat to watch it happen. MOO

and an empty bank account just waiting for that 7 million dollar deposit for her 1 year marriage. :cool: IMO of course.

quote was snipped and bolded by me for focus.

rial with no pre-conceived thoughts, just thought it may be interesting. As I have watched this trial I saw a very broken man who was laying out such personal stuff for a broadcasted trial. Of course I then started researching things as most of us here do, but still tried to keep an open mind. Sounds like Depp has had some serious substance abuse issues…but he has owned up to them in detail…in my book that makes him somewhat credible…then combine that with testimony from other witnesses. I have found nothing or heard nothing about any abuse from his former partners, only loving thoughts. For this man to admit that he is the one who was abused by this woman for all to hear was huge.

I have not seen the same from Heard so far. Her parroting his attire is just such an abusive control thing that confirms so much of the testimony. So far I have found her to be nothing but very bad acting…but what really blew me away was all the insinuations she had tried to twist in her testimony…grooming, SA, etc. She is right up there with her trash mouth as he is. That testimony from the aclu attorney is so damaging that I don’t think there is ever any way to recover from that. It has shown that she is a liar…and if she lied about this so loudly, what else is she lying about.

I this is exactly me. I didn't consider myself a fan of JD, but when I looked at his IMDB, I realized I've loved a lot of his movies. Ed Wood, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Sleepyhollow, From Hell, the list goes on and on. He's really excellent.

But listening the trial, I have definitely been swayed in his direction. Even more so after she began her testimony...

She has surrendered neither her promised donation; nor has she surrendered the electronic devices they were required to so do to be data mined, to the point where her side faces future sanctions (The punishment may be scant but that doesn’t mean the state of being sanctioned is a nothing);

RSBM Do you have any idea what type of punishment she could face for noncompliance with the court order? When would the judge rule on this? (Whatever it is... I really just want this jury to know.)

RSBM Do you have any idea what type of punishment she could face for noncompliance with the court order? When would the judge rule on this? (Whatever it is... I really just want this jury to know.)
No idea, sorry; but here's the original complaint from Depp's side (a relatively slim 34 pages, lol):

The court record doesn't show any updates indicating the judge has weighed in yet, and all we know other than that Attorney Vasquez said in her opening statement they hadn't received anything new by commencement of trial, your guess is as good as mine right now.

Heard appears to be a past mistress at the art of backhanded insults.

The "as I stared at the dirty carpet", is clearly (IMO) intended as a revenge slam at the daily housekeeper who has worked for Depp for 30 years, and who was the one to dime Amber out about the feces on the bed at the penthouse apartment (I really hope the jury doesn't have to be specifically told that a multimillion-dollar movie star has a better crew than to leave him and his several Hollywood Hills homes with palpably dirty carpet; one never knows though, I suppose).

She also slammed his sex drive, when part of the detox trip involved her averring that "Johnny wanted to have sex several times a day, which is SO not like Johnny"; and she called the kids who refused to fall for her evil stepmother act "little weirdos - though only in the best possible way, of course!!" (I saw someone claim that Johnny calls them "weirdos". I was not able to confirm this in my 5-second Internet search, though it does appear that he has indeed called them "kiddos".)

She's a tricky one... many people probably leave conversations with her indeed not being sure in what way they have been insulted, or even "if", but when you slow it down and focus on her, it's IMO obvious.

^ Yes. How anyone can think otherwise when they've both gone out of their individual ways to show how effed up they both are on an international stage.

The only good outcome here imo is if the jury - oh that poor jury, having to listen to and indulge JD's and AH's joint self-serving, desperate bullcrap over the last how long - reaches exactly that conclusion and sends both of them on their way with that ringing seriously in their ears.
This trial is about false claims that hurt everybody in addition to a certain talented individual.

many men in “real life” are hurt and accused of falsehoods.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member