VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I’m still watching his testimony a little bit at a time ( because it makes me so angry) and what’s even worse than him saying that JD has “ narcissistic traits” is him saying that JD has cognitive issues. He bases this on JD’s testimony in this trial. Has he ever watched an interview with JD from 20 or 30 years ago where JD acts exactly in the same manner.. where he speaks slowly and gives much thought before answering a question? Does he take into account that JD is now nervous on the stand?
And in addition to stating that this is a sign of cognitive decline due to drug and alcohol abuse, he keeps implying that JD has had strokes!
When asked if he called JD an idiot, he said that he read a deposition where JD said he had flown into Europe the night before and hadn’t had much sleep and that his ( the Doctor’s) comment was that “ ONE would have to be an idiot to do,that “.
So yeah, he called JD an idiot.
And then when he said JD had “ vomitus” on him in the ice cream picture, he said “ oh sorry it’s not vomit? Well that’s what I was told”
When asked about his “ diagnosis “ of cognitive decline due to JD allegedly wearing an earpiece on set, he said “ well that’s what I read”
So so so unprofessional!
I hope the Jury was able to pick up all that.
JMO
Yes! Exactly... just so much was alleged. Thank you for taking the type to type that btw!

I predict the chances are high that the more you learn about him, the more you will get attached to him.

He cannot do enough for the people he loves, and he’s crazy about kids.

Him talking to the court reporter as shown above, illustrates how insanely nice he is. Everyone in his entourage has worked for him for 15-30 years because of his personality (most of us have seen AH multiple times try to cast this as a flaw); the same directors and actors vie to work with him repeatedly, and I believed Ben Chew utterly when the first words out of his mouth this trial were (paraphrase) ‘ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to be representing Johnny Depp before this court and in this action”. I thought ‘absolutely, they ARE delighted, because they know he’s in the right.’

Of course, IMO JMO MOO…

Im already attached and I feel protective over him! I’m going to watch every one of his movies and be on the hunt for whatever project he is working on. He is so charming because he is so real, he has no pretense.

You are correct, I saw a few clips of him interacting with children that were purely heartfelt. I’ve seen clips of his children with him, so fatherly.

I just watched the clip of when he explains in court how he met Amber. “I remember I felt something I shouldn’t have felt when we kissed. I’m with Vanessa and she was with her partner“. It cuts off after that. I’ve got to find the entirety of court that day so I can see what he said after that.

I can’t recall ever feeling this sentimental about an actor. He makes you just want to sit around a campfire and listen to him talk. It’s heartwarming to see how much he loves people.

In the trial where Mr Depp is suing his ex-wife for defamation, entertainment consultant Kathryn Arnold said Ms Heard might be enjoying the same career success as Gadot, Momoa and Zendaya if not for team Depp’s alleged “smear campaign” against her.

“When you look at the time frame of when the Waldman statements came out [in 2020], and you look at what was going on with Ms Heard’s career prior to the statement and what happened after the statement, it’s very clear to make that correlation,” Ms Arnold testified in court on Monday 23 May.

“It would have been very reasonable to believe her career would have been on an upward trajectory of those other actors if not for the hoax allegations.”

Ms Arnold added that Ms Heard’s career was “following a very nice steady rise and was on the precipice of a meteoric rise with Aquaman and Aquaman 2, prior to the [defamatory] statements”.
During cross-questioning, Mr Depp’s lawyers pushed back on Ms Arnold’s comparison.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star’s team claimed that Ms Arnold’s comparison of Ms Heard to the aforementioned actors was way off the mark, as all of them were either signed up to blockbuster franchises or had higher profile careers than Ms Heard back in 2020.

He is highlighting all the possible acting paths to stardom, and pointing out that AH has missed all of them.

Zendaya is considerably younger, and yet more successful.

Jason Momoa worked his butt off for decades in TV (I must confess I only remember him from GoT) before he reached movie star status.

Chris Pine was the male Mera equivalent in Wonder Woman, and then springboarded directly into an iconic role with decades of fan baggage behind it in Star Trek.

he’s trying to show the jury that if it were going to happen for Amber Heard, now pushing 40 (old in Hollywood) on her own merits, it would have already happened.
THANK YOU---very well said.

I think he made some good points. The aggressive witness clapped back at him, but I think the jury got much of what he was saying.

She is a very assertive Hollywood agent type that talks loudly and doesn't take the time to listen and respond objectively--she is too busy trying to get her own point across.

But I don't think she came across that great some of the time. When she was questioned about each actor she used as a comparison, she'd quickly poo-poo it and say 'it's apples and oranges' and hard to do a comparison....WHAT?

I thought you got paid 60k and spent 3 years trying to find the proper comparisons so you could make an accurate estimation of potential losses in the case?

But when it is pointed out that Zendaya was the star of a Disney show for many years, has done many films, and is 10 years younger and is a trained singer and dancer, has won many awards like an Emmy and a critics choice award, etc, and she has a much greater fanbase her answer is " well, it's not exact because everyone is different, blah blah blah'

But she uses a loud barrage of word salad to try and cover for the fact that she chose 'comparable 'actors that had a much stronger resume and fan base than AH ever had. IMO

The Entertainment Industry Consultant said she has been paid $60,000 by AH team over the past three years. She charges $650 an hour.

She’s been working on this for three years?!
M
O
O
She says she has worked on this for 3 years, and yet she seemed not to know that much about the actors she chose as the ones she supposedly studied for the comparison she was hired to do. :rolleyes:

With your indulgence for the small interlude, I’m tossing in a 15-minute interview from 1993, which might be useful to anyone who wants an actual baseline, ha:

You wouldn’t call it slow exactly, but it’s still pretty halting; and clearly (IMO) gives credence to his (seemingly unlikely) stout maintenance that he is actually an introvert.

I’d also argue his depositions and court testimony, talking about very intimate topics, doesn’t necessarily function as a normal baseline for speed.

With your indulgence for the small interlude, I’m tossing in a 15-minute interview from 1993, which might be useful to anyone who wants an actual baseline, ha:

You wouldn’t call it slow exactly, but it’s still pretty halting; and clearly (IMO) gives credence to his (seemingly unlikely) stout maintenance that he is actually an introvert.

I’d also argue his depositions and court testimony, talking about very intimate topics, doesn’t necessarily function as a normal baseline for speed.
I watched a YouTube last night of JD and Tim Burton on the Jonathon Ross show in 2010. JD’s demeanour and general way of responding was v similar to what we have seen in court.

Seriousness of the subject matter aside, I am thoroughly enjoying what’s happening in court. I feel JD’s team are doing an excellent job of vindicating him from what I believe to be some twisted hate campaign. Which it seems has totally backfired and AH is reaping what she sowed IMO. The public ain’t daft.

Whether JD wins or loses this case (which I think would be only due to some kind of technical definition) it seems obvious to me that he is emerging with his reputation back up there. Social media is on fire for him. TV over here is already playing his films, I noticed Edward Scissorhands in the schedule over the weekend for instance. He has his alleged addictions under control enough to function perfectly in court for weeks on end and I think we will see him in some amazing projects once this mess is behind him.

AH not so much!

All JMO.

There are some good photos in this one.

ETA: added link

Last edited:
Civil lawyer Katherine Lizardo said if Depp did testify again “there is a risk that he is going to have more time being likeable on the stand, when it’s actually Amber Heard’d time to present her case”.

However, the actor still may return to the stand later this week when Depp’s legal team questions rebuttal witnesses before closing arguments begin.

Last edited:
This is the first trial I have followed with so much supplemental youtube lawyer discussion available. It really has added so much to understanding the process.

Last edited:
From your link…

Johnny picked up Kate and carried her - this was hardly Amber's scary interpretation of events,' the source said, adding that Depp's legal team have been speaking to Moss in the last week.

'Kate has nothing to gain in giving testimony, but she feels strongly about defending her friend,' the source added.

I checked out at 5:00 yesterday and don't know how much longer the Hollywood expert testified. I have an appointment this morning and will miss the morning session - especially if DH and I go out for breakfast before returning home. I will catch up on the thread and join you this afternoon. Enjoy your day!

I checked out at 5:00 yesterday and don't know how much longer the Hollywood expert testified. I have an appointment this morning and will miss the morning session - especially if DH and I go out for breakfast before returning home. I will catch up on the thread and join you this afternoon. Enjoy your day!
I checked out early as well, before my brain turned to mush. I'll miss the afternoon today so I'm looking forward to all of your brilliant commentary! (I'll be back this evening, with mega-pints for all, as I'm sure we'll need them) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member