VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The British supermodel, 48, will give evidence via video link from London in the defamation trial….
…A source familiar with the case told The Post that Moss will recount an incident when she “was walking down some stairs in Jamaica. She was wearing flip flops and she slipped on the last two stairs. Johnny caught her and tended to her.”…..
….Depp’s legal team have been in talks with Moss over the past week, according to insiders

Last edited:
I checked out early as well, before my brain turned to mush. I'll miss the afternoon today so I'm looking forward to all of your brilliant commentary! (I'll be back this evening, with mega-pints for all, as I'm sure we'll need them) :)
Me three. I have an appointment and will miss part of the afternoon session. (I'm on the west coast).

Sky News

Today's session is now under way

Johnny Depp's attorney Ben Chew is addressing Judge Penney Azcarate.

Mr Chew is requesting the judge strikes Amber Heard's counterclaim against Depp, saying the actress has not proven that a lawyer for Depp, Adam Waldman, made statements about her with "malice".

He also says Heard is "not entitled to immunity" for her Washington Post article.

A reminder: Depp is suing Heard for $50m an article she wrote about domestic violence which was published in the Washington Post in December 2018; Heard is countersuing Depp for $100m over statements Mr Waldman made about her over her allegations against Depp.

Sky News

In March, Depp's lawyers sought a ruling that Heard could not invoke as part of her defence a Virginia law - known as an anti-SLAPP provision (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) - designed to protect people from nuisance lawsuits when they speak out about matters of public interest.

However, Heard's lawyers argued that her article addressed a serious issue of public concern - preventing domestic violence - and the judge ruled in her favour.

The ruling does not give Heard immunity for what she wrote, but meant she was allowed to make this argument to a jury as part of her defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow