VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...

Has it been confirmed that the "rock"/"island" being referenced in the last few pages of this thread is definitively THE island she was found on? I know that it was found through measuring distance based on media/LE reports, but has anyone actually been told by LE that we are discussing the correct location or has anyone physically been to the location and viewed LE on that island?

If it has not been confirmed then is there anyone here who has the contacts to confirm the location?

Truths:

1) I never strangled Kelly.

2) My whereabouts can be accounted for from 7:30AM until 5:15PM on January 15th and the information can be verified by multiple people, not just my mother, but receipts, people, activities, etc.

3) I did not write or scratch any vulgarities on Kelly's mailbox. The first indicator should have been the poor spelling.

4) I left the cats there for Kelly. She wanted them and I wanted my dog. I thought they might offer her some companionship and that having them there would be a good thing for her, and so did she.

5) The cats were outside LONG before I left. Kelly and I both made the decision to put them outside.

A while back I stopped reading these posts because there were comments made that were hurtful, inflammatory, speculative and accusatory. I asked my mom to stop posting also, because it wasn't helpful and many of you didn't want to hear truth, you only wanted to hear sensationalized drama.

I am not even going to get involved in the speculative nature of what happened to Kelly. I am coming to terms with the fact that someone I love and who was a big part of my life has passed. Whether due to her own hand or not, Kelly is no longer with us. I am grieving her absence in this life. I am grieving for my family, friends and loved ones. I am grieving for her family. I am grieving for everyone who has experienced a sense of loss because of Kelly's passing.

My prayer is that Kelly's family will somehow find peace, somehow find a way to strengthen the bonds that connect them. My prayer is that we will realize we are all connected to one another and may that connection be peaceful, kind, compassionate and loving. My prayer is that each of you who read this somehow finds peace with Kelly's passing from this life to the next.

Namaste.

Truths:

1) I never strangled Kelly.

2) My whereabouts can be accounted for from 7:30AM until 5:15PM on January 15th and the information can be verified by multiple people, not just my mother, but receipts, people, activities, etc.

3) I did not write or scratch any vulgarities on Kelly's mailbox. The first indicator should have been the poor spelling.

4) I left the cats there for Kelly. She wanted them and I wanted my dog. I thought they might offer her some companionship and that having them there would be a good thing for her, and so did she.

5) The cats were outside LONG before I left. Kelly and I both made the decision to put them outside.

A while back I stopped reading these posts because there were comments made that were hurtful, inflammatory, speculative and accusatory. I asked my mom to stop posting also, because it wasn't helpful and many of you didn't want to hear truth, you only wanted to hear sensationalized drama.

I am not even going to get involved in the speculative nature of what happened to Kelly. I am coming to terms with the fact that someone I love and who was a big part of my life has passed. Whether due to her own hand or not, Kelly is no longer with us. I am grieving her absence in this life. I am grieving for my family, friends and loved ones. I am grieving for her family. I am grieving for everyone who has experienced a sense of loss because of Kelly's passing.

My prayer is that Kelly's family will somehow find peace, somehow find a way to strengthen the bonds that connect them. My prayer is that we will realize we are all connected to one another and may that connection be peaceful, kind, compassionate and loving. My prayer is that each of you who read this somehow finds peace with Kelly's passing from this life to the next.

Namaste.
Then why did you not go and get the cats since they are sentamental between the two of you? They are living creatures with feelings that were left out in the cold. Im not saying you had any thing to do with Kellys death. Im just concerned for those animals with no one to care for them.

Kind ,compassionate,and loving? Does that include animals? The real thing here is to find the truth. We all care enough about a women that we didnt even know. And all of us have love in our hearts and there is a need to find the truth of what happened to kelly.That means we ALL should work together for this goal. If someone I loved died like this together or not I would do everything that i could do to help because its the right thing to do. Sorry but thats how I feel.

I do know that the cats are declawed and I mentioned to Kelly's neice, Jamie, that if needed to, I would take the cats in. Kelly's sister Judy was going to take them also but she said there were so many strays that she didn't know one from the other. I do believe that CinV should have taken the cats in until Kelly could be found and then it could have been decided on what to do with them. The last I heard, the neighbors were taking care of them. My ex, years ago, moved out and left her kids animals, cats and dogs, with me. I asked her to take them and she told me she would dump them on the side of the street if I made her take them. What did I do? I kept them and still have them to this day. I would never, ever, ever allow someone to do that to an animal. We are all they have and they depend on us.

If am going to write vulgarities on someone's mailbox or mail them a letter, etc., I am going to make it look like an anonymous person did it. If I made it look so obvious, that would be like waving a white flag saying "I DID IT." Just the same as the things being moved around in Kelly's house. I am pretty confident that I know who did it just to make Kelly think that she was crazy.

As far as "rock island" as far as I know, it has NOT been confirmed to be the place that Kelly was found. I have talked to a fellow websleuther who MIGHT go to VA and either meet up with the detectives OR Jonathan (the guy that found her body) just to be sure where the body was. I don't trust LE so I would personally rather it be Jonathan BUT then again, I am sure that he is having a hard time dealing with everything and probably doesn't want to be bothered.

CinV says "A while back I stopped reading these posts because there were comments made that were hurtful, inflammatory, speculative and accusatory. I asked my mom to stop posting also, because it wasn't helpful and many of you didn't want to hear truth, you only wanted to hear sensationalized drama. "

So if you stopped reading these posts, what brought you back all of a sudden?

CinV says "A while back I stopped reading these posts because there were comments made that were hurtful, inflammatory, speculative and accusatory. I asked my mom to stop posting also, because it wasn't helpful and many of you didn't want to hear truth, you only wanted to hear sensationalized drama. "

So if you stopped reading these posts, what brought you back all of a sudden?
The drama i can do with out. The truth may be a good start. We need all the facts? The people here are very smart,but they need all the facts?

I just got caught up on all the threads. At work, suppose I should be working, but will be going to Kelly's calling hours in an hour. Can't get my mind off of her and her family. I know so many of them but haven't seen them in a while. Wish it were under better circumstances. Keep thinking of all of the childhood memories I have of Kelly playing softball. She was an excellent pitcher and a very competitive player but what I remember most was her good attitude and good sportsmanship. We were young and I remember pouting and being a brat if we'd lose a game--I wouldn't want to go in the line to congratulate the other team's players (I'm ashamed to admit that now....) but Kelly would always give me a pep talk and say it was ok we'd beat them next time. Even though she loved the sport she didn't let it bring her down. What everyone is saying about her smiling a lot is definitely true. Please keep her family in your prayers especially today and tomorrow. And, Kelly, thanks for all the childhood memories.

I just got caught up on all the threads. At work, suppose I should be working, but will be going to Kelly's calling hours in an hour. Can't get my mind off of her and her family. I know so many of them but haven't seen them in a while. Wish it were under better circumstances. Keep thinking of all of the childhood memories I have of Kelly playing softball. She was an excellent pitcher and a very competitive player but what I remember most was her good attitude and good sportsmanship. We were young and I remember pouting and being a brat if we'd lose a game--I wouldn't want to go in the line to congratulate the other team's players (I'm ashamed to admit that now....) but Kelly would always give me a pep talk and say it was ok we'd beat them next time. Even though she loved the sport she didn't let it bring her down. What everyone is saying about her smiling a lot is definitely true. Please keep her family in your prayers especially today and tomorrow. And, Kelly, thanks for all the childhood memories.

Thank you for bringing this thread back to who it is about....Kelly.

I apologize if what I said isn't true. These are things I have heard from the family. The only reason I mentioned them here was because people were talking about the mailbox as a recent event. Since it seems that the CIV has been cleared alibi-wise, it also seemed relevant to mention her as the person involved with the violent episode so no one suspects another person out there of doing it.

It seems that each time we get on a tangent about CIV, we lose track of the goal- which is to help the family find justice for Kelly, so I now regret ever trying to clear up anything related to her (CIV).

Some days I feel like I should just stay away from this site so I don't go nuts and other days I feel that it is something I have to do. Sorry for the rant.

Do we have any other facts that we want to bring to the attention of LE?

CCweb you have said nothing wrong and the things you have spoken are true. I believe ALL facts, should be brought to the attention of the police.
Catcher, thank you so very much for your post on Kelly.

I've been following this case and reading this forum since the beginning, and I'm one of those who find the suicide theory pretty hard to accept. I thought it was time to add my two cents' worth on some of the issues and questions that people have raised.

First, the upstream theory. Someone posted some figures a while ago showing precipitation for Colonial Heights in recent months versus average amounts, and it looks from those like this has been a very average winter. But it sure hasn't felt that way; it has seemed unusually wet and snowy. The Appomattox even reached a minimal flood stage (official National Weather Service info) at one point in February. I know from personal observation that all the streams around here have been pretty full all winter. So that suggests to me that the downstream flow at the relevant times was at least toward the high end of normal.

As for tidal effects, the area in question is at the uppermost reach of the tides; the fall line is right at U.S. Route 1, only a mile or so west of I-95. So I would think that the tidal push on Swift Creek can't amount to much, and given what I said about the downstream flow, it seems very unlikely that a body could have traveled upstream by itself. Of course, I'm not a hydrologist, but then neither are the police.

Second, the preliminary report from the medical examiner's office did not say there were "no signs of trauma," it said there were "no obvious signs of trauma" - in other words, nothing that could be seen on a quick visual examination. In Virginia the medical examiner's office is a state agency, independent of local police. And they have a pretty solid reputation; Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta novels are based on her experience working for the Virginia ME. I don't believe their report on the cause of death will be tailored for the convenience of the local police.

Finally, someone pointed out early in this discussion that there's a registered sex offender who lives about a two-minute walk from Kelly's house. I would hope the police have at least asked him to account for his whereabouts at the relevant time(s). I would also like to note that there's a registered sex offender whose home address is less than a mile from Blue Print Automation and two others whose listed workplaces are in the same industrial park as BPA. I would hope the police have asked those three the same questions. All four of these offenders are listed as "Violent: Yes" in the State Police sex offender registry.

Judy W. told me that the Ex-SQ had ask if she could come and take the cats until Kelly came home, but Judy herself would not let her have them. Just so this is known, she did try to give them a place/home.

I've been following this case and reading this forum since the beginning, and I'm one of those who find the suicide theory pretty hard to accept. I thought it was time to add my two cents' worth on some of the issues and questions that people have raised.

First, the upstream theory. Someone posted some figures a while ago showing precipitation for Colonial Heights in recent months versus average amounts, and it looks from those like this has been a very average winter. But it sure hasn't felt that way; it has seemed unusually wet and snowy. The Appomattox even reached a minimal flood stage (official National Weather Service info) at one point in February. I know from personal observation that all the streams around here have been pretty full all winter. So that suggests to me that the downstream flow at the relevant times was at least toward the high end of normal.

As for tidal effects, the area in question is at the uppermost reach of the tides; the fall line is right at U.S. Route 1, only a mile or so west of I-95. So I would think that the tidal push on Swift Creek can't amount to much, and given what I said about the downstream flow, it seems very unlikely that a body could have traveled upstream by itself. Of course, I'm not a hydrologist, but then neither are the police.

Second, the preliminary report from the medical examiner's office did not say there were "no signs of trauma," it said there were "no obvious signs of trauma" - in other words, nothing that could be seen on a quick visual examination. In Virginia the medical examiner's office is a state agency, independent of local police. And they have a pretty solid reputation; Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta novels are based on her experience working for the Virginia ME. I don't believe their report on the cause of death will be tailored for the convenience of the local police.

Finally, someone pointed out early in this discussion that there's a registered sex offender who lives about a two-minute walk from Kelly's house. I would hope the police have at least asked him to account for his whereabouts at the relevant time(s). I would also like to note that there's a registered sex offender whose home address is less than a mile from Blue Print Automation and two others whose listed workplaces are in the same industrial park as BPA. I would hope the police have asked those three the same questions. All four of these offenders are listed as "Violent: Yes" in the State Police sex offender registry.

Welcome aboard PI....fabulous first post. Glad to have ya!!:dance:

and how do you know of the spelling on the mailbox?

I apologize if what I said isn't true. These are things I have heard from the family. The only reason I mentioned them here was because people were talking about the mailbox as a recent event. Since it seems that the CIV has been cleared alibi-wise, it also seemed relevant to mention her as the person involved with the violent episode so no one suspects another person out there of doing it.

It seems that each time we get on a tangent about CIV, we lose track of the goal- which is to help the family find justice for Kelly, so I now regret ever trying to clear up anything related to her (CIV).

Some days I feel like I should just stay away from this site so I don't go nuts and other days I feel that it is something I have to do. Sorry for the rant.

Do we have any other facts that we want to bring to the attention of LE?

ccweb, please don't go anywhere. You said nothing wrong as far as I can see, and are guessing about why and how Kelly died as much as anyone.

Stick around please. :)

Jitterbug, when did you talk to Judy? Also, why would CinV care what the family thought, she hasn't so far? Why wouldn't CinV take the cats anyway if they were hers?
The family has no clue which cats are Kellys and they are scrambling trying to figure out what to do with them. So if the cats are declawed, outside and have no way of defending themselves, why wouldn't they want CinV to take them?

I do know that the cats are declawed and I mentioned to Kelly's neice, Jamie, that if needed to, I would take the cats in. Kelly's sister Judy was going to take them also but she said there were so many strays that she didn't know one from the other. I do believe that CinV should have taken the cats in until Kelly could be found and then it could have been decided on what to do with them. The last I heard, the neighbors were taking care of them. My ex, years ago, moved out and left her kids animals, cats and dogs, with me. I asked her to take them and she told me she would dump them on the side of the street if I made her take them. What did I do? I kept them and still have them to this day. I would never, ever, ever allow someone to do that to an animal. We are all they have and they depend on us.

If am going to write vulgarities on someone's mailbox or mail them a letter, etc., I am going to make it look like an anonymous person did it. If I made it look so obvious, that would be like waving a white flag saying "I DID IT." Just the same as the things being moved around in Kelly's house. I am pretty confident that I know who did it just to make Kelly think that she was crazy.

As far as "rock island" as far as I know, it has NOT been confirmed to be the place that Kelly was found. I have talked to a fellow websleuther who MIGHT go to VA and either meet up with the detectives OR Jonathan (the guy that found her body) just to be sure where the body was. I don't trust LE so I would personally rather it be Jonathan BUT then again, I am sure that he is having a hard time dealing with everything and probably doesn't want to be bothered.

So many good points. The first one I bolded made me cry--no, blubber. Just sayin'. Thank you so much for taking those poor animals in.

The second bolded point is so true. If I were going to write vulgarities on someone's mailbox, I'd go out of my way to misspell everything and change my handwriting so I couldn't be identified.

As for the third bolded part, I sure hope Jonathan can point out the specific little rock to us. I'm fairly certain Shutterfly got it right, but verification is called for. That would be wonderfully helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee