GUILTY VA - Lenny Harris, 53, robbed & murdered, Alexandria, 21 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article is too short to quote, but it says they hope to have the body excavated by Sunday. It also mentioned a briefing today at 3:00pm. I can't find anything about a briefing, and we don't have TV. Anyone else seen anything?

http://www.gazette.net/article/2012...ody-found-in-fort-washington&template=gazette

I flipped thru the channels and nothing, ACCCKKK, no TV?!?!? So I guess it'll be on the 6 o'clock news? I checked the PGPD blog/twitter/facebook, then I found the Sherrifs blog page....

I just noticed that the guy in the ATM photo doesn't have long hair. It may be pulled back and we can't see it, but it's clearly visible in MLL's mug shot.

I noticed that too but often people with longer hair, especially males, will pull it back and tuck it into a cap similiar to the one the person in the ATM survelliance shot is wearing. My sons dad has a very thin pony tail well past the middle of his back and if he puts it into a pony tail and tucks it into a cap no one would tell he has long hair. I think that may be the case with the person in the ATM survelliance shot as well.

I noticed MLL is currently incarcerated on murder charges. His incarceration as someone posted above is very close to the timing the tip came in on the body in the well. I have two thoughts on that. Either someone felt safe to phone in the tip now that MLL is behind bars, or MLL might be the tipster trying to make himself a deal? Both are pure speculation.

According to the NamUs profile for Lenny, dna and dentals are not available. :banghead: Which I don't believe, I think it was just not added by whomever entered Lenny's information into NamUs.

If the ME believes an identification can be made as soon as tomorrow, it has to be done through dentals. Dna would take at least 2-3 weeks with a rush.

Mod Note: Please do not copy and paste comments and posts from other sites. Also, please be very careful about posting rumors you read on other sites, like Topix and FB. People post all sorts of things on those sites, and a lot of it is garbage. If you find a rumor you think is credible, then sleuth it out to find the connection before you post information here about persons who might have nothing to do with the case in question. Thanks.

I hate to think the remains are Lenny's. But with the chances of him turning up alive becoming slimmer each day, I can only hope that answers will come soon for his family.

According to the NamUs profile for Lenny, dna and dentals are not available. :banghead: Which I don't believe, I think it was just not added by whomever entered Lenny's information into NamUs.

If the ME believes an identification can be made as soon as tomorrow, it has to be done through dentals. Dna would take at least 2-3 weeks with a rush.

If they expect to have the body ID's by tomorrow (Sunday), then I'm sure they have DNA/dentals on Lenny. And I'm betting that's who they think it is. If they didn't have any idea who it was, then they probably wouldn't be able to say they'd have the ID so soon, kwim? :(

DNA would take more than 24 hours so they have to be working with dentals. I'm pretty sure that is who they think it is too. Perhaps the tipster gave a name and not just the location.

I checked and saw no new updates in MSM this morning.

We will be out for a few hours but back about mid afternoon.

I'm continuing to pray for Lenny, his family, friends and community.

Gosh, I hope when an id is made, LE has the pieces to make an arrest very quickly as well.

:praying:

Cubby, I think you're right - that the tipster gave the name. I'm anxiously awaiting the results. Prayers to Lenny's family - I'm sure LE has told them more, such as a description of the clothes found with the remains, what the tipster said, etc.

bbm

FORT WASHINGTON, Md. - A nine hour operation to remove a body from a Fort Washington well ended successfully.

A caller prompted the recovery mission after telling investigators there was a body in the well.

“The person who called us is now part of the investigation, and I can't release any more details than that," Prince George's County Police Spokeswoman Julie Parker says.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/body-pulled-from-fort-washington-well-012912#ixzz1krbFZOjt

Cubby, I think you're right - that the tipster gave the name. I'm anxiously awaiting the results. Prayers to Lenny's family - I'm sure LE has told them more, such as a description of the clothes found with the remains, what the tipster said, etc.

bbm

I'm anxiously awaiting the results too. Though, now I am wondering if they will actually have an id today. IIRC, only one MSM article announced an id would be made today. I hope that is not poor reporting like we sometimes, often, see here at WS.

Continued prayers for Lenny's family, friends and community during this difficult wait. :praying:

I've seen a few that say Sunday and a few that say Monday, but I think this is probably accurate that it will be as soon as they can make the ID and let the family know.

Autopsy results could be available as soon as Sunday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/body-pulled-from-fort-washington-well-012912#ixzz1ks5UNKie

I've been reading comments on some of the sites and it's apparent that the family is having a rough time right now. I've contacted my two friends who know Lenny - one is out of town and the other hasn't responded. I think she is closer to Lenny's family and may just be not responding at this point.

This case has really touched me, as he is someone known in my community and by good friends of ours. And is taking place so close to our home. I'm also appalled at the lack of publicity/news in general, but now that a body has been found, it seems to be picking up steam. I pray that justice is done for whoever this is.

I've been quietly following Lenny's case since I joined. I'm torn, as we always are when a body is found. While I am grateful that Lenny or whomever else was in that well has been found so the family can have closure, it's painful to know that such a community advocate may not be coming home alive.

Hopefully the family will have an answer soon.

I have also been quietly following along awaiting information about Mr Harris and his whereabouts since he has gone missing.

Thinking of his family, friends and community at this most difficult time.
And sending my thoughts to all other families of the missing.
They are not forgotten.

What gets me about this is how little there has been, from the beginning, for reporting on Lenny. If someone as well known, well regarded, and just plain GOOD as this man appears to be can't get coverage, then our media is even sorrier than I've come to realize it is.

And the horrible irony that a man who lives his life serving others, serving his city and local community, including outreach to criminals, should meet a fate like this... It's so cruel. :(

Keeping Lenny, his family, and our UID in my thoughts still. :rose:

I agree, Gardenlady.

What gets me about this is how little there has been, from the beginning, for reporting on Lenny. If someone as well known, well regarded, and just plain GOOD as this man appears to be can't get coverage, then our media is even sorrier than I've come to realize it is.

And the horrible irony that a man who lives his life serving others, serving his city and local community, including outreach to criminals, should meet a fate like this... It's so cruel. :(

Keeping Lenny, his family, and our UID in my thoughts still. :rose:

BBM. I agree. If this does turn out to be Lenny, what a loss to the community. What a loss to the youths that he was able to help and guide. I only hope the good things Lenny did will enspire others to pick up where he was unable to continue.

This case is especially hard because we've had a window into the great things Lenny did for others. And that someone took advantage of that generosity.

My heart hurts and I didn't even know Lenny personally. I can't begin to imagine what his family, friends and community are going through with this wait.

:praying:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10
Back