VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now his lawyer is trying to backtrack it seems. They wanted this to go to trial asap and now they have an issue with the wording on the arrest warrant? Hmmmmm
The goal is for there not to be a trial, and have the arrest warrant thrown out altogether. When he loses this motion, which is a guarantee, I don't think it would shift the current trial date. At the same time, I don't think there will be a trial in December, as I think they'll file murder charges prior to that. If so, these charges would be combined with murder charges, and things would be pushed further down the road.

SEP 26, 2024
“The defense is being aggressive, as they should be - their client is incarcerated," said John Fishwick, who is offering his expertise on the case to 7News as a former U.S. Attorney who now does criminal defense.

“Law enforcement has explained it, that it was a mistake," Fishwick explained. "And really, I don't think that's significant. After all, there is evidence that the body must was moved within the house, that there was blood within the house and that the body was moved. So that's significant evidence.”

The goal is for there not to be a trial, and have the arrest warrant thrown out altogether. When he loses this motion, which is a guarantee, I don't think it would shift the current trial date. At the same time, I don't think there will be a trial in December, as I think they'll file murder charges prior to that. If so, these charges would be combined with murder charges, and things would be pushed further down the road.
Agreed. I don’t see the judge granting the motion either. IMO the prosecution has something significant but maybe not enough to file murder charges just yet…we shall see

Are there any current reports whether investigators might be searching in landfills for MB remains? Or is it too expansive and uncertain? Or might there be some prospect from areas identified where NB or his Tesla were seen in immediate days after her believed missing? Apologies if already answered….. but I’ve not been able to locate current details on that. TIA. MOO

Are there any current reports whether investigators might be searching in landfills for MB remains? Or is it too expansive and uncertain? Or might there be some prospect from areas identified where NB or his Tesla were seen in immediate days after her believed missing? Apologies if already answered….. but I’ve not been able to locate current details on that. TIA. MOO
They talked about investigating landfills, but never mentioned actually searching them, which is a very tedious process.

Usually we know when these searches are taking place, but there hasn’t been any indication that is occurring.

I would expect them to give it a go though, unless there’s something we don’t know that doesn’t make it feasible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back