VA VA - Michael, 50, Mary, 36, & Jennifer Short, 9, Bassett, 15 Aug 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I heard about him in the podcast but I don’t think it was him either. Read the article I think you linked from last year and read who the quotes are from. Not the sheriff but the other man.
There are some theories in this thread about what could cause the murders .
JaeJae thinks it was a sexual predator and in some earlier post on this thread there were people saying Duncan may have done it but some didn't agreed with that.
Other theories like myself thinks something else

Hi Double,

You might well know more about this case than I do because I sometimes struggle with cases but I am also from the UK and last time I looked I was a male Sumatran Tiger if not the most macho or fearsome one. Of course it is not about the length of time you study cases but I have studied this case for quite a few years. Not a competition though. Cheers.
Yay finally not the only one in the UK lol kidding

There are some theories in this thread about what could cause the murders .
JaeJae thinks it was a sexual predator and in some earlier post on this thread there were people saying Duncan may have done it but some didn't agreed with that.
Other theories like myself thinks something else
Who is Duncan? Sorry, I need to re-read some stuff. It’s been a couple years. I got on to see what people were saying about an updated case in Long Island and wondered if this case was on here.

Who is Duncan? Sorry, I need to re-read some stuff. It’s been a couple years. I got on to see what people were saying about an updated case in Long Island and wondered if this case was on here.
It's okay , the Duncan guy you asked is Joseph Duncan ( the infamous serial killer )

It's okay , the Duncan guy you asked is Joseph Duncan ( the infamous serial killer )
I’ve never heard of him but I did go back to 2005 in this thread and read some about him. There’s some interesting information back there. A man by the username stevie seems to have known bowman personally and was very set on thinking it was him. I wonder if this man is still alive and is around here. Maybe the answer is in this thread and I haven’t gotten to it yet. Unfortunately, stevie is now inactive but he tells a story about a man about 20 minutes from here (same county) who kidnapped him as a child, tied him to a tree, and set him on fire. Apparently he deals cocaine now. This was in 2005 but he is likely still alive and in the area. Not related but scary to me since I live here.

I’ve never heard of him but I did go back to 2005 in this thread and read some about him. There’s some interesting information back there. A man by the username stevie seems to have known bowman personally and was very set on thinking it was him. I wonder if this man is still alive and is around here. Maybe the answer is in this thread and I haven’t gotten to it yet. Unfortunately, stevie is now inactive but he tells a story about a man about 20 minutes from here (same county) who kidnapped him as a child, tied him to a tree, and set him on fire. Apparently he deals cocaine now. This was in 2005 but he is likely still alive and in the area. Not related but scary to me since I live here.
I see , I just working on the theory of this case and sometimes I leave it for another day for something else .

Yeah he could give some of the USA article ( ones that not available in my country) of that case but shame did heard last year not a good time for Henry County since it was 1 year since some loopholes set houses on fire , including The Short's former home .

Yeah he could give some of the USA article ( ones that not available in my country) of that case but shame did heard last year not a good time for Henry County since it was 1 year since some loopholes set houses on fire , including The Short's former home .
I’m not sure that they ever figured out who did that. I’ll look it up. Is there a way I can get articles to you that you can’t get?

I’m not sure that they ever figured out who did that. I’ll look it up. Is there a way I can get articles to you that you can’t get?
My guess that is not the same person did to the Shorts , you can screenshot on your touch phone or screen print if you using PC the website that I cannot look at is my fox8.com , Martinvillecollins website and Wfmynews2.com they have some news articles about them .

My guess that is not the same person did to the Shorts , you can screenshot on your touch phone or screen print if you using PC the website that I cannot look at is my fox8.com , Martinvillecollins website and Wfmynews2.com they have some news articles about them .
Okay, I will send them to your inbox. I can’t find an update for the fire. I don’t know if it was ever determined.

I know this is a unfair on the actor as I am sure the actor like most people is a very nice man but to me he does look like the suspect the witness described seeing in the truck with the cap on:

56030daebd86ef15008bc7d5-750-563.jpg

Mike Rowe's advice to 20-somethings: Just take a bite of the sh-- sandwich

shortamailysuspect.jpg

The Short Family Murder ~True Crime Diva
There is definitely quite a similarity in looks between Mike Rowe and the composite drawing. IMO this could be quite a clue for anyone who lived in either the area of the murders or the place where Jennifer's body was found. Does anyone who lived/lives there know someone who looks like the picture of Mike Rowe? He could have changed his looks by now.

There is definitely quite a similarity in looks between Mike Rowe and the composite drawing. IMO this could be quite a clue for anyone who lived in either the area of the murders or the place where Jennifer's body was found. Does anyone who lived/lives there know someone who looks like the picture of Mike Rowe? He could have changed his looks by now.

I agree. The witness also stated the suspect had something along the lines of a rugged outdoors mans face. So it may be someone with more chiselled features than the actor but with many similarities. The witness must have seen the film with the actor in the cap.

I agree. The witness also stated the suspect had something along the lines of a rugged outdoors mans face. So it may be someone with more chiselled features than the actor but with many similarities. The witness must have seen the film with the actor in the cap.
I think I remember that the witness had been hypnotized to try to help her memory, but it wasn't until some time later when she was watching TV and she saw a commercial with Mike Rowe in it and it suddenly clicked in her memory that was who the suspect looked like. That memory was probably triggered by the prior hypnosis.

I am local, heard the call go out on the scanner than morning. Listened to the back channels for days. I am was very connected to LE and some of the EMTs that arrived at the scene. I also remember the day, Jennifer's scattered remains we found near a creek not far from where Bowman lived.

Also know some of the officers who when to Canada when Bowman was found. They were all, the best of the best and included one from Patrick County. They spoke with Bowman and searched the van he was living in. He was found in a very remote area, giving the appearance of hiding out, off the grid.

This entire operation was botched from the beginning, many mistakes were made. We will never know the truth unless someone comes forward and confesses.

I do know, and it was never released. Mr. Short was found shot, lying naked on a couch, on the carport leading into the house. NAKED, yup. Larger amounts of cash laying on the kitchen counter and the phone lines we cut from the outside of the house.

I've always felt some/one of the Sherriff officers may have been involved and covered up. He covered up and protected many of his corrupt department.

Until, the Jamie Cross case, I believe it was Bowman.... The parents were killed, the money was untouched, or left as a symbol, and Jennifer was taken. The parents were religious, active in the church but no other community activities and seemed to live a sheltered life. A trashy restaurant and motel were beside the house. The house is on 220N a main artery to the North and traveled by many locals, out of state visitors and truckers. Now I wonder, if someone stopped at the motel/restaurant/bar, saw Jennifer and came back for her, much like JC.

We will never know, many have made a lifes mission to find answers but like JC, everything leads to a dead end. But, after following the JC case from early on, the two murders/abductions follow a very similar pattern.

MOO...

I am local, heard the call go out on the scanner than morning. Listened to the back channels for days. I am was very connected to LE and some of the EMTs that arrived at the scene. I also remember the day, Jennifer's scattered remains we found near a creek not far from where Bowman lived.

Also know some of the officers who when to Canada when Bowman was found. They were all, the best of the best and included one from Patrick County. They spoke with Bowman and searched the van he was living in. He was found in a very remote area, giving the appearance of hiding out, off the grid.

This entire operation was botched from the beginning, many mistakes were made. We will never know the truth unless someone comes forward and confesses.

I do know, and it was never released. Mr. Short was found shot, lying naked on a couch, on the carport leading into the house. NAKED, yup. Larger amounts of cash laying on the kitchen counter and the phone lines we cut from the outside of the house.

I've always felt some/one of the Sherriff officers may have been involved and covered up. He covered up and protected many of his corrupt department.

Until, the Jamie Cross case, I believe it was Bowman.... The parents were killed, the money was untouched, or left as a symbol, and Jennifer was taken. The parents were religious, active in the church but no other community activities and seemed to live a sheltered life. A trashy restaurant and motel were beside the house. The house is on 220N a main artery to the North and traveled by many locals, out of state visitors and truckers. Now I wonder, if someone stopped at the motel/restaurant/bar, saw Jennifer and came back for her, much like JC.

We will never know, many have made a lifes mission to find answers but like JC, everything leads to a dead end. But, after following the JC case from early on, the two murders/abductions follow a very similar pattern.

MOO...
Wow! There's info here that did not come out in the news. I've still been hoping that the investigators here would catch a big break.

With all the cold cases being solved through DNA, I keep wondering if any DNA was collected from the scene. By that, I mean the house, because since Jennifer's remains had been left in the elements for many weeks I doubt if they could have recovered any DNA from her, but what about the house? The cut phone lines, Jennifer's bedding which I read had been pulled back, etc. I have tried to follow this since the beginning, but I don't recall seeing any mention of DNA. Also, wasn't there something written in the dust on one of the windows (garage?) I can't believe this person was so clever that he got into this house, shot and killed 2 people who were sleeping in separate areas of the house, abducted a little girl, and got away with it. I also think that this person spotted Jennifer at that convenience store close to her house, probably watched her and saw where she lived, and waiting for his opportunity. I think she was the sole reason for this crime. The cash being left on the counter makes me think this was not a robbery or a deal gone bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back