Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have submitted my name etc for verification. I do know the couple, quite well, particularly him.

I agree it looks suspicious for him; however, they are not typical people and nothing about their lives was typical. It is possible she went upstairs after saying she was going for a walk, OD'd, and he didn't find her. He was likely drunk that night and not thinking clearly until sometime the next day. I don't think she was suicidal or had a history of suicide attempts. I see how it is farfetched to think she could have been dead in the house for days and he wouldn't have found her, but it is possible that he didn't check areas of the house that are more or less "condemned" or that he was not home very much to check because he was at the police station, etc. I am also not sure if police would routinely search the home immediately in a missing persons report. If he reported her missing, might they assume he had already checked the home?

I personally do not think it's odd at all that she was not found in the home if the upstairs was in such shambles/not being used. There was likely no heat up there either and it's been below freezing.

Was she a drug user?

I personally do not think it's odd at all that she was not found in the home if the upstairs was in such shambles/not being used. There was likely no heat up there either and it's been below freezing.

Was she a drug user?

I had not known that she was, but there has been some info that's come out from her closer friends that suggests she was.

I have submitted my name etc for verification. I do know the couple, quite well, particularly him.

I agree it looks suspicious for him; however, they are not typical people and nothing about their lives was typical. It is possible she went upstairs after saying she was going for a walk, OD'd, and he didn't find her. He was likely drunk that night and not thinking clearly until sometime the next day. I don't think she was suicidal or had a history of suicide attempts. I see how it is farfetched to think she could have been dead in the house for days and he wouldn't have found her, but it is possible that he didn't check areas of the house that are more or less "condemned" or that he was not home very much to check because he was at the police station, etc. I am also not sure if police would routinely search the home immediately in a missing persons report. If he reported her missing, might they assume he had already checked the home?

Was he staying at the house after she went missing? I was thinking maybe he and the dog were staying with friends or with her parents, which could be another explanation for not finding her sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was he staying at the house after she went missing? I was thinking maybe he and the dog were staying with friends or with her parents, which could be another explanation for not finding her sooner.

I don't know. His family also lives not too far away...it is possible he was not home much during the weekend, though he clearly was home the day she went missing (Friday) and the day of the missing persons report (Saturday). Hard to believe you wouldn't check the entire house before filing a missing persons report (though do we know HE filed it and not her family)?

Thank you for all of your insights.

I've heard some hints of medical problems. Do you know if she had any serious illnesses?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My understanding was that she had very severe endometriosis/fibroids or something of that nature.

Thank you for submitting verification info. I hope that happens soon.
I am so sorry for your loss. In all my looking, perusing and sleuthing, I just do not see violence or depression in that couple. Granted people put their best self into social media, but she is not typical in any way as far as I can see. She is artistic, talented and socially aware but I don't see troubled.
It is important to remember that the Victim Friendly status extends to loved ones as well as to MMM. For the time being I hope that all of us will be mindful of that until we have more information.
Condolences to you and all of her loved ones.

JMO
One thing I have learned from other cases is that LE and investigators are human when it comes to searching the difficult parts of houses like crawl spaces and attics. If there is a place like an attic or crawl space that is a little hard to access and hard to search through then it would not be searched as thoroughly at first. Later on when they go back through it then yes but the first pass of searchers may not do as thorough of a job searching it.

Im thinking the type of attic that maybe has a pull down ladder with not much room up there and maybe has little flooring. They may do a quick look with a flashlight and look around but I could see them not doing an extensive search of the tougher areas until she was not found in other obvious places.

We have seen that happen with the Job Benet case is a good example. People have a tendancy to look at other obvious places first and only when the person has not shown up for awhile will people begin to really dig through the tougher areas of a house.

I could see how she could be missed if it was a place she went to herself and was maybe like her secret spot. I could also see someone using that spot as a temporary holding spot until she could be moved but if the person filed a missing persons report I have to think that person is not responsible.

So I am leaning towards it may have been a spot she went to herself and passed away there for whatever reason. She may have even had a heart attack if climbing up in the attic was hard to do.

I had not known that she was, but there has been some info that's come out from her closer friends that suggests she was.

Severe chronic pain can be a factor. Opiates, surgery - depends on the stage of endometriosis, IMO

We just don't have the information about her to be well informed enough.

House is a real fixer upper. The whole upstairs is basically not habitable. They don't use it.

So the whole upstairs area may have had lots of debri and things laying around which if it wasnt searched really well I could see missing a body.
Maybe it wasnt necessarily in the attic but maybe there was so much stuff laying around it made it difficult to spot someone who may have fallen and rolled near a bunch of clothes or something along those lines.

It's never easy to realize someone might have taking their own life. I remember following a few cases of women who were found, death by suicide, and never once did I think that would be the outcome. Not saying that happen to Molly. If the upstairs is never used I can see why he never went upstairs, and the boyfriend thought she went for a walk and didn't come home. In cases like these, its possible for a person to be found in a closet that had no reason to open, or isn't use. Heartbreaking case, looking through Mollys facebook she seems like a love life kind of person.

JMO
There just is not enough information being released at this time to really know what may have happened. The good news is more is supposed to be released according to this article.

The alleged store visit and credit card purchases has me worried about foul play. Also there appears to be 24 hours since she was reported to be missing and if she left with not enough warm clothes then it does seem like a long time to wait to contact authorities.

If drugs were involved then this could be an accidental death where the other person was afraid of reporting it and tried to make it look like something it wasnt. Or someone may have gotten mad about too much money being spent on credit cards. This could go so many different ways right now.

I think we have to wait until more information is known.

"More details are expected to come out Tuesday, January 2."

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37169390/police-find-body-of-missing-charlottesville-woman-in-her-home

(modsnip)

This is not verified- so I can’t say this is accurate. :-/

JMO
One thing I have learned from other cases is that LE and investigators are human when it comes to searching the difficult parts of houses like crawl spaces and attics. If there is a place like an attic or crawl space that is a little hard to access and hard to search through then it would not be searched as thoroughly at first. Later on when they go back through it then yes but the first pass of searchers may not do as thorough of a job searching it.

Im thinking the type of attic that maybe has a pull down ladder with not much room up there and maybe has little flooring. They may do a quick look with a flashlight and look around but I could see them not doing an extensive search of the tougher areas until she was not found in other obvious places.

We have seen that happen with the Job Benet case is a good example. People have a tendancy to look at other obvious places first and only when the person has not shown up for awhile will people begin to really dig through the tougher areas of a house.

I could see how she could be missed if it was a place she went to herself and was maybe like her secret spot. I could also see someone using that spot as a temporary holding spot until she could be moved but if the person filed a missing persons report I have to think that person is not responsible.

So I am leaning towards it may have been a spot she went to herself and passed away there for whatever reason. She may have even had a heart attack if climbing up in the attic was hard to do.

That's a good point, especially in a house that was in such apparent shambles. I bet there were lots of little spaces here and there she could have slipped into if she wanted too.

It reminds me of when I was a kid/teen. I had a little secret spot in the house I grew up in. The closets in our bedrooms are kinda longish but only half of the closet is open, the other half is covered with a wall, so you can hang stuff up and push it to the end of the rod and it won't be seen if you're looking into the closet. Anyhow, I was back there looking for something when I hit the hidden side wall and it pushed open a little bit, it was a false wall that led into a space in the attic. I pushed it the rest of the way and the wall popped out, I was able to crawl into the space and replace the wall portion, it was a nice little spot. I never mentioned it to anyone, I put a battery operated lantern in there and some other odds and ends. When I wanted to really be alone I'd crawl into my space and hide. Strange to think if something ever happened to me in there (nothing would have, the most dangerous thing I ever did was smoke a little weed when I was a teen) and I came up "missing" my family would have never thought to look in there, since no one else knew it existed.

JMO
>>RSBM<<
I think we have to wait until more information is known.

"More details are expected to come out Tuesday, January 2."

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37169390/police-find-body-of-missing-charlottesville-woman-in-her-home

If you open the linked article from Hatfield, it’s been updated! [emoji17]

Investigators have found the body of missing Charlottesville woman Molly Meghan Miller inside her own home.

There is a video on YouTube where Molly is discussing a rape she went through at UVA 3 years ago. This would cause PTSD / depression.

&#8220;&#8216;Charlottesville Police Tight-Lipped in Death Investigation of Molly Miller&#8217;
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 10:17 AM EST
Updated: Jan 02, 2018 12:34 PM EST

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) -
An investigation is underway in the case of a Charlottesville woman who was reported missing over the weekend, but was found dead inside her own home Monday.

The Charlottesville Police Department has release few details in the death of 31-year-old Molly Meghan Miller.

Miller was reportedly last seen leaving her King Street home around 8:30 p.m. Friday, January 29. Anson Parker, her fiancé, filed a missing person report the next day.

[...]

The police department sent out a media release after 8 p.m. Monday, stating that a detective had located Miller&#8217;s body inside her home.

No arrests have been made at this time.

NBC29 has reached out to the Charlottesville Police Department for comments but authorities are not revealing any other information at this time.

Marian McConnell tells NBC29 that the family is still processing Molly's death, and thanks the community for its support. &#8220;
http://www.nbc29.com/story/37173757/molly-miller-investigation-01-02-2018

BBM

This is the first MSM article to mention the fiancé&#8217;s name, I believe.

&#8220;&#8216;Charlottesville Police Tight-Lipped in Death Investigation of Molly Miller
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 10:17 AM EST
Updated: Jan 02, 2018 12:34 PM EST

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) -
An investigation is underway in the case of a Charlottesville woman who was reported missing over the weekend, but was found dead inside her own home Monday.

The Charlottesville Police Department has release few details in the death of 31-year-old Molly Meghan Miller.

Miller was reportedly last seen leaving her King Street home around 8:30 p.m. Friday, January 29. Anson Parker, her fiancé, filed a missing person report the next day.

[...]

The police department sent out a media release after 8 p.m. Monday, stating that a detective had located Miller&#8217;s body inside her home.

No arrests have been made at this time.

NBC29 has reached out to the Charlottesville Police Department for comments but authorities are not revealing any other information at this time.

Marian McConnell tells NBC29 that the family is still processing Molly's death, and thanks the community for its support. &#8220;
http://www.nbc29.com/story/37173757/molly-miller-investigation-01-02-2018

BBM

This is the first MSM article to mention the fiancé&#8217;s name, I believe.

I don't like that the report wasn't made until the next day, but then I have no clue about their lifestyle and if her not coming home at night would be considered alarming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back