Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ONLY thing the money/cell phone might have done was give Morgan a way to reach her friends still in the arena....then they could have done all the many other "suggestions" that people have made (ie, thrown her the keys, met her at a gate)

my repeated posts about this are simply to show that NONE of that was able to be tried since Morgan IS the one who called them and they suggested enterances for her to try to get back in and supposedly she said she would try or if not to not worry she would "find a ride"...and then she never called back or answered

I have posted links to all of these things, a search back in this thread will show them and/or also her family forum has some insights into this

however....as meow says...IF she was meeting someone none of this mattered anyhow

just as what the friends did,said, etc didn't really matter once she was away from them and got into/was forced into some vehicle and taken away

there is not much to go on here....like the Jennifer Kesse case there are many questions but few answers or facts

did anyone see her get in a car that night?? IF they did they are quiet ...or maybe? don't know what they know...or it is possible that NO one really saw her at that fateful moment

This also reminds me of Chandra Levy...so much "ado" about her lover the congressman...what she was doing on the computer...what the two of them did together...were they fighting...breaking up...what the guy at the gym said or saw...
but in the end NONE of that mattered...she happened to jog by herself in THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME AND MET THE WRONG CREEP

and sadly I feel that is exactly the sort of bad luck/fate that befell Morgan JMO

While I have no legitimate reason to not believe Dr. Harrington actually does post on the forums at findmorgan.com, for some reason I just suspect it isn't him I msg'd the forum admin and was told, yes it is him, but. Compare the forum post's grammar and punctation to those of the family blog. It doesn't look as the same person is writing both. Heck compare the forum posts to Dr. Harrington's public appearances. The site was created for the Harringtons by a PR firm.

Posts using the name "Morgan's Dad" don't exactly seem as though they were written by psychiatry professor; for example, the following post contains numerous usage, spelling & capitalization errors.

Help Find Morgan Harrington - View Single Post - Another Missing Person

Ann, i am Morgan's father and if you would like to talk to us about what we did following Morgan's disappearance in October please call me or PM me.

I am curious you have the Welch police as the contact. Are Virginia Stste Police, Roanoke City or County Police involved. When Morgan went missing becuase she lived in Blacksburg there was some pressure to move the case to Blacksburg. We stonewalled that as that was not where Moragn was missing from. She was last in charlottesville.

Have you been to the newspapers, WDBJ, WSLS and the Lynchburg station. Do you have a missing poster puttogether. if not we could work on one. please let us know if we can help. Also i would also report her to the national Center for Missing Adults at REPORT A MISSING ADULT: 1.800.690.FIND

Also, psychiatrists are trained to think scientifically, to develop their intuition about what a patient really means and to listen very carefully to what they say; seems odd to me that DH didn't pick up on such important details as the location of the car, and whether certain individuals seemed to be holding back info.

While I have no legitimate reason to not believe Dr. Harrington actually does post on the forums at findmorgan.com, for some reason I just suspect it isn't him I msg'd the forum admin and was told, yes it is him, but. Compare the forum post's grammar and punctation to those of the family blog. It doesn't look as the same person is writing both. Heck compare the forum posts to Dr. Harrington's public appearances. The site was created for the Harringtons by a PR firm.

This is an interesting post for someone to make who just joined in Dec. and has only three posts here. I can assure you it is Dr. Harrington that is posting. I am from Roanoke and have friends there that know the family. You have to stop and consider several things before making a statement such as you did. Perhaps with a bit more information you will think differently about your comments. Dr. Harrington’s wife Gil is the one who writes the blog. He has nothing to do with it. She has always been very gifted in the art of speaking and writing. This is a given to her co-workers at the hospital, the members of her church as well as anyone else who knows her. In fact, there have been several mentions of her elaborate use of words and phrases in various newspapers covering the story from some people wondering why she uses the words she does. The answer always comes back that she is highly intelligent, creative and artistic, very much like her daughter. Dr. Harrington is another story all together. He is much more “what you see is what you get, down to earth” type of fellow. A good and decent man who until three months ago didn’t know what a blog or forum was. He has been devastated by Morgan’s disappearance. They both have. He too is highly intelligent but doesn’t express himself in the manner that Mrs. H does. As far as his public speaking goes, I was on the college debate team and we won every year; but I suck at spelling and written grammar. These are two different disciplines and I’m proof that you can be good at one and not the other.

The Harrington’s at one time did hire a PR firm to help them get the word out when this all began. They are no longer using them. When the PR firm was in place Dr. H didn’t post nearly as much as he does now. You will notice that his posts are almost always in response to a question that he is answering or to say thanks to someone. He is not exactly “burning up the forum” over there as far as posting goes. Those that know Dr. H are adamant about the fact he speaks for himself. No one puts words in his mouth; and no one writes ghost posts for him. Dr. H reads that forum and others daily. Do you really think that he would tolerate someone pretending to be him or answering for him? Yes, there are grammar mistakes but just about every time I post here, I run my post through Word and spell check first. Every time I find mistakes. Like I said, speaking and writing are two differnt things.

He and Gil are hurting in ways that we can’t begin to understand. Not sleeping, not eating, losing weight and seeing all the color gone from their world. Any happiness they have is fleeting because the reality of what has happened creeps back in. Dr. and Mrs. Harrington have much greater issue than silliness such as it’s someone other than him posting. And you miss the main reason why it is Dr. H himself posting; if someone other than him was posting, don’t you think they would make certain all the spelling and grammar was correct so that it would at least look like it came from him, given the fact that he is an educated man??

The Harrington's are fighting the good fight but instead of comments like yours, they need our prayers.

my repeated posts about this are simply to show that NONE of that was able to be tried since Morgan IS the one who called them and they suggested enterances for her to try to get back in and supposedly she said she would try or if not to not worry she would "find a ride"...and then she never called back or answered

My point in the phone call - whoever made it - is the fact that we do not know what MH said in that phone call to her friend. We have no idea and the only one who knows is the one that answered that call. The other friends did not hear what MH was saying.

What we have been told is 2nd hand information on MH's behalf.

And really what could the friend have heard? A noisy concert with noisy concert goers and someone who may have been intoxicated IMO hardly makes a reliable message relayer.

Could there have been more valuable information in that phone call that hasn't been released?

Though she apparently didn't have her keys, and I'd be surprised if they left the car unlocked.

MH may have had a door key, or a second set of car keys. Or maybe she was looking for someone else's car.

Maybe a BF got booted out of the arena for participating in a scuffle. Her injury may have occurred amid the scuffle. (The eyewitness account is flaky: how could someone fall flat on their face & not spill their drink. If true, the claim that MH was silent & only tried to gain composure is evidence of considerable self-control and also that she was not totally drunk or high at the time). MH follows the BF out & searches for him; first, she checks the RV lot for his vehicle, then proceeds to the (probably quite dangerous) parking garage. Perhaps she would try the RV lot first, if he were driving an esp. large vehicle?

Meow, you raise an interesting point here. The angle from which people are approaching whether or not Morgan had money comes from the fact that she may have wanted to get back in but couldn’t afford another ticket. Morgan called her friend and said she would find a ride home. Some have reported that her friends called her and suggested various other entrances for her to try. But that didn’t happen. According to VSP there was only one call from MH to SS. Morgan may indeed have had both money and a cell phone. Maybe she didn’t want to get back in.

Small point, but in the November 4th press conference, the VSP spokesperson stated "...her friends actually called her." This is right about at 15:00 into the video:

http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4271004&autostart=true

She also states there is no indication that MH was asked to leave the arena, that the purse was found in Lannigan Field (which is different than how it was written up on the UVa police report, as being found in the Cage parking lot), and that the friend who was driving her car still had the keys (when I first saw this video, we didn't yet know D was the designated driver, so I guess he had them all along, and was inside the show with them?).

MH may have had a door key, or a second set of car keys. Or maybe she was looking for someone else's car.

Maybe a BF got booted out of the arena for participating in a scuffle. Her injury may have occurred amid the scuffle. (The eyewitness account is flaky: how could someone fall flat on their face & not spill their drink. If true, the claim that MH was silent & only tried to gain composure is evidence of considerable self-control and also that she was not totally drunk or high at the time). MH follows the BF out & searches for him; first, she checks the RV lot for his vehicle, then proceeds to the (probably quite dangerous) parking garage. Perhaps she would try the RV lot first, if he were driving an esp. large vehicle?

The R.V. lot is (officially) not used for JPJ Arena parking, but becomes overflow parking for athletes (like the bb players) on event nights. It's called the R.V. lot because that's where people in R.V.s park for events at the football stadium, if I understand correctly. That said, the VSP spokesperson said there was no one there that night checking license plates, so it is fairly unregulated, and someone could conceivably have pulled in there.

We have been over and over who called who....the bulk of the links say that Morgan called her friends...and the "family" website has a couple threads where it is made clear that Morgan made the call...and did not call them back or answer the phone (*she did text the guy 60 miles away)

this thread is very hard to follow because all of these things have been supported by links and gone over and over...I am "taking" the stuff from the family site and the "updates" written by the PI lady as correct

however, sloppy reporting, maybe people holding back things...really makes this hard

we need an "FAQ" for this JMO>> the family does have that somewhat

Small point, but in the November 4th press conference, the VSP spokesperson stated "...her friends actually called her." This is right about at 15:00 into the video:

http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4271004&autostart=true

She also states there is no indication that MH was asked to leave the arena, that the purse was found in Lannigan Field (which is different than how it was written up on the UVa police report, as being found in the Cage parking lot), and that the friend who was driving her car still had the keys (when I first saw this video, we didn't yet know D was the designated driver, so I guess he had them all along, and was inside the show with them?).

A lot of us have been going around and around about who called who that night. I posted this a few days ago. It is the “Official VSP Summary”.

Official Virginia State police summary investigative Case #: 09-83020523

•8:48 PM: Morgan calls a friend inside the arena, discusses trying to get back in. Tells her friend that she will get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville.

As I said before, despite what we’ve all read or heard this is the bottom line. What reason would there be to doubt an official report? But, with that said, yes the VSP did say that in the Nov. 4th presser but this report came after that. Still, it makes you wonder if it was a simply as misquote on the part of the VSP or they concluded after that presser that Morgan called her friend.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Pri...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

Welcome to Websleuths, RossVA!

The Harringtons do post on the site as the forum admin told you. Why you chose not to believe that due to typing grammar... i could see if it were a handwriting analysis comparison of individuals who did not suffer the loss of their daughter with no resolution.

Ghost answered this well. Rossva, please take into account that the Harringtons are distraught and if one is in a hurry, their typing might not be the "best". Doctor, or not, the family is distressed about their daughter. Not to mention one's grammar may change due to different factors. What if Dr. Harrington were rushing to answer a question prior to having to go somewhere and was running late? his typing might not be perfect, yet the main objective would be for him to get his answer out there

We have been over and over who called who....the bulk of the links say that Morgan called her friends...and the "family" website has a couple threads where it is made clear that Morgan made the call...and did not call them back or answer the phone (*she did text the guy 60 miles away)

this thread is very hard to follow because all of these things have been supported by links and gone over and over...I am "taking" the stuff from the family site and the "updates" written by the PI lady as correct

however, sloppy reporting, maybe people holding back things...really makes this hard

we need an "FAQ" for this JMO>> the family does have that somewhat

A FAQ section would be really nice, especially with the misreporting that is out there.. i'm keeping my fingers crossed as Arielilane says!

I don't want to make a large issue out of this, I was just stating my opinion. I realize the Harrington's are under a lot of stress, and wish nothing more than to have Morgan return home. However, compare the grammar and writing styles of Dr. Morgan's blogs versus forum posts.

Just curious though, how do you know it is in fact Dr. Harrington on the forums?

Welcome to Websleuths, RossVA!

The Harringtons do post on the site as the forum admin told you. Why you chose not to believe that due to typing grammar... i could see if it were a handwriting analysis comparison of individuals who did not suffer the loss of their daughter with no resolution.

Ghost answered this well. Rossva, please take into account that the Harringtons are distraught and if one is in a hurry, their typing might not be the "best". Doctor, or not, the family is distressed about their daughter. Not to mention one's grammar may change due to different factors. What if Dr. Harrington were rushing to answer a question prior to having to go somewhere and was running late? his typing might not be perfect, yet the main objective would be for him to get his answer out there

I don't want to make a large issue out of this, I was just stating my opinion. I realize the Harrington's are under a lot of stress, and wish nothing more than to have Morgan return home. However, compare the grammar and writing styles of Dr. Morgan's blogs versus forum posts.

Just curious though, how do you know it is in fact Dr. Harrington on the forums?

The Harringtons have that forum started when Morgan went missing, if you read throught the forum a lot, you will notice that Dr. Harrington doesn't post much.
The Harringtons do share their thoughts on the family blog on the site, and interact with it. In other missing person's cases, families have started sites for their loved ones as well.

Regarding this case, i am going to redirect you to the post by Ghostmaster as he summed it up well for you.

If there was a person who was a "fake" posing as Dr. Harrington, that person would be found out immediately and banned since everyone on the site knows what name Morgan's father uses. It's just common sense like that. The family interacts with the site, obviously they wouldn't allow an imposter on there, someone who wanted to pose as one of the Harringtons wouldn't last very long.

If you read through the site and the forums you will understand. It's a good site.

Many on the family forum are locals and know one another. Some went to VT with Morgan. Some know girls who are friends with her. Others have kids who grew up with Morgan. Some know the family. Some go to the same church as they do. A few work at Carillion Hospital with Dan and Gil. They see Dr. Harrington each week through work. It is much more of a “family affair’ than this forum. It was started with only one purpose in mind; to find Morgan. People over there are very protective of the family and they have had instances where they discovered people posting under an assumed name. The most recent just a couple of weeks ago.They ban people who are found out. If Dan wasn’t posting himself whoever was would be discovered in no time. What purpose would it serve for someone to pretend to be him? What could they hope to gain or do by pretending to be him?

I can answer the question you put to Meow about, "how do you know it’s really Dr. Harrington"? She may not know; but I do. I was born and raised in Roanoke. I graduated college there. I was in LE in the area at one time. In addition to having family there, two of my old fraternity brothers work at Carillion and know the family well. Like go to hospital functions with them and have dinner together; that well. I know folks that go to their church. One taught Morgan in high school. Several of my friends are in law enforcement in Roanoke and at the state level. One of which was assigned to watch the family’s house the week after she went missing. Some of these folks have been there for the Harrington’s from day one after Morgan went missing. They have socialized with them. Cooked meals and delivered them when they were too upset to cook. Come over and done yard work in the last days of summer or offered to run errands for them. They call to check on them or see if they needed anything. They make certain they had a support group beyond belief. A support group the Harrington’s desperately need right now. It is through my friends that I get insights into how they family is doing or what they are doing.

I have posted here for about two months now. I have always posted things that can be backed up by a link. Never things like, "I think or what if". This is the first post that I can’t post a link to back up what I say. But I know of what I speak. I am not a blog or forum type of guy. This is the only forum I belong to or post on and I only post here in regard to Morgan. Morgan missing is personal for me on a lot of different levels going back to my LE days. Once this forum closes, I’m outta here. There are many intelligent and passionate people that post here. That’s what drew me to this forum. I guess I just turned into one of the passionate ones with this post. I am not angry and I’m not belittling you for your comments, you’re entitled. You don’t have to believe me at all. But when I tell you its Dr. Harrington posting, you can take it to the bank.

It is my understanding Gil writes the blog and Dan interacts on the forums, thus the forum name 'Morgans Dad'.

This just seems a silly & trivial thing to waste time debating. If you spent any time on the forums, you'd see that it was in fact Mr. Harrington posting.

It is my understanding Gil writes the blog and Dan interacts on the forums, thus the forum name 'Morgans Dad'.

This just seems a silly & trivial thing to waste time debating. If you spent any time on the forums, you'd see that it was in fact Mr. Harrington posting.

My own observation of those forum posts authored by "Morgan's Dad" was similar. No one is debating; just observing & trying to understand. Even if DH were to delegate some post-writing, why should anyone have a problem with it? As long as he approves the message, isn't it the same difference?

Please don't forget that these threads are quite long, and getting reasonably trustworthy info has been a tortuous process......

snipped for space what you say in this post is true I was to harsh in my first post.

Here is a link to an article I posted here not long ago but cannot find anywhere. In the article, Morgan’s dad is talking about how she was to meet with him on Sunday to balance her checkbook. It does state that Morgan had overdrawn her account. But like I said in the post I can’t find, that does not mean it was overdrawn the night she went to the concert. I said if it was my kid and she lived an hour away and I knew she was going to a concert, I would have put some money into her account. There is also a post by me a couple of pages back that references Morgan asking her dad if she could pay for gas in a friend’s car the night of the concert. This to me indicated she had money of some sort, cash, debit or credit card. I have never seen a statement from the family, the police or anyone that can be taken as fact that her debit card didn’t work that night. I think since the VSP indicated a debit card was found and the dad mentioned the fact that her checking was overdrawn, people made the link without facts to support their thinking. Here’s the link;

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...harrington+overdrawn&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

That's the article I was talking about and I don't think it is clear her account was overdrawn THAT night it couul well mean that but i think it would be worded the same way if she overdrew it say 4 day ago and it had already been taken care of. Basically you and I agree about everything. Thinking back to my interaction with my parents when I was that age I feel there is a high probibility that they would have given her money regardless if they knew she was going out of town.

My underlieing point was that honestly I think that statement in the article was just thrown in as fluff, if you will to illistrate that nothing unusual was going on and that MH and DH where getting together to do variou normal parent -child (transitioning to adult) activities. So I hate to people read too much into it.

My buddy in Roanoke called me this morning to tell me that the Harrington’s announced Monday, a new search for Morgan this Saturday the 16th. At first I thought he was mistaken. That part of Virginia still has a good bit of snow and you can’t search in snow and I had not seen any press relating to a search. Then he e-mailed me this article at lunchtime. I guess there was to be a search and it was cancelled almost as soon as it was announced. He tells me that the Harrington’s are in C’ville today meeting with local LE and they are going to announce a new larger search with the “CUE” group. There is supposed to be a presser this afternoon but I can’t find any info. Info on CUE is below the article link;

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/81229532.html

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members