Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks, I worked long and hard for this one, and according to my calculations.......

THIS is the area where Morgan was found. I turned this image around to match the aerial screenshots you see further down......

Morgan4.jpg

Now you'll ask how the hello I know that, right? Of course you will, that's why I love you guys...here ya go.... I matched it up using the tree lines and other topographical anomolies.

I did still shots of of video from the helicopter. They're hard to make out but you see the white objects in all three? That's LE and the mobile crime scene unit. Then I turned the map fifty different ways until I matched it up.

Here are those screen shots...

Morgan3.jpg

Morgan1.jpg

Morgan.jpg

Now let me spin that map for you and pull it out further....

Morgan5.jpg

Thank you.

The person who killed Morgan had to know this area well, because it's too far off the beaten path and not close to any public access. Look how deep she was found in the field. Maybe Morgan got into a car with someone willingly at the bridge, but was raped at gun point somewhere along the line inside their car, and then they walked her out of the car at gun point deep into that field, told her to lay face down, and shot her. Nobody would hear a gun shot that far back where she was found, and not to be crude/cold, but all it would take would be one shot to the back of the head.

What do you guys think... was she dumped there after being killed at another location, or was she forced to walk there and killed at that spot?
We know she didn't just fall down and die on her own from exposure or drug overdose, because they are treating it as a homicide, per the presser.

I see so many areas that the farmer would never have gone, yet she is laying in a field almost within, but not quite, view of the farm house. They are saying his farm is so big, but farmers frequently go out to check their fence lines and check on their herds.

I think whoever put her there, providing she didn't walk there on her own alone, wanted and expected her to be found and by springtime. moo

Shutterfly, you are awesome great maps/pictures!!! The only thing I can add here is LE needs to check them woods for dirt bike/ 4 wheeler trails. We have 34 acres and always have someone on the property riding. We also have a few acres that hay and weeds grows in and all I can say is when it is mowed down you can see the snakes parts flying out the back of the tractor, so its not a place to hang out and play. I think whoever did this put her in the field because they use the woods as a place to ride or hunt. Just my 2 cents.

I think she willingly walked in with whomever killed her then things turned bad. Or she was forced to walk back there. Either way, it seems to me that whomever did force her or walk her back their voluntarily had to of parked on that private road (Anchorage Farm Rd) by the house. BUT, I would assume this is the same road that had the gate at the end. And, I'm also gonna assume that it's usually locked. And, if someone were to drive up that private road, wouldn't the people in the house see the car/vehicle's lights and/or hear the car/vehicle coming?

I wonder if the people in the house were away for a few days back when this happened? And if they were, did the person who killed Morgan know this? Is that how they were able to drive back there and not be seen? Is that why they felt comfortable even going back there?

I just don't think they walked all the way from the public road. Nor do I think that someone carried her all that way. Just doesn't seem possible.

After looking at the site where Morgan was found it really does look like a local. It would have to be a person who knew the area and felt comfortable putting her body there.

Can I link to a registered SO in that area ? There is a SO that lives right off highway 29 just south of the South Fork Farms area...and south of Anchorage Farm. It looks like he's pretty close, but I don't want to get in trouble by putting out too much information on him.

I see so many areas that the farmer would never have gone, yet she is laying in a field almost within, but not quite, view of the farm house. They are saying his farm is so big, but farmers frequently go out to check their fence lines and check on their herds.

I think whoever put her there, providing she didn't walk there on her own alone, wanted and expected her to be found and by springtime. moo

I know it looks like a direct shot almost, and also close on the map, so it looks like it might be within view -- but, I believe I have heard that it was a mile and a half off the driveway. That would probably be very tough for seeing with the high grass...

Thank you Shutterfly for taking the time to do the aerial screenshots. Your work is amazing is greatly appreciated!!!

Yes, ITA.....thank you so much Shutterfly.....

you do terrific work with the maps/photos....what would we do without you?

Found some interesting links on Morgan's site forum (not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here, but you can google and read through it).

A pretty detailed description of the history of the property where she was found:

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Albemarle/002-0734_Anchorage_2001_Final_NR.pdf

News report: http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-body-found-albemarle-100126,0,5332581.story

The farm has 2 houses and 1 barn, and a family cemetery. There are properties adjacent to the farm that (from what I can tell on maps) would be as close or closer than the roads are to the site where she was found.

Also, I found in the above forum some disturbing comments about a particular person; he isn't named, but if what she is saying is true, I hope that LE is following up on this info.

Shutterfly, thanks so much for those great map diagrams.

I am so surprised by the location because it looks like such a vast farm and yet it looks like she was placed in a nook in direct line with the house. Even though it's far from the house, from the aerial view it doesn't seem like the most "hidden" location.

Without knowing more about the topography, it makes you wonder why someone coming wouldn't have put her either just inside one of the wooded areas on the other side (not in line with the house) or another field. Maybe it's not as direct a line to the house as it looks.

I wonder where the hay field ends, where the cattle and fences are, and other barriers and hills (and even woods too thick to cross through).

Is the location convenient and accessible from outside the farm or only within the farm?

After looking at the site where Morgan was found it really does look like a local. It would have to be a person who knew the area and felt comfortable putting her body there.

Can I link to a registered SO in that area ? There is a SO that lives right off highway 29 just south of the South Fork Farms area...and south of Anchorage Farm. It looks like he's pretty close, but I don't want to get in trouble by putting out too much information on him.

There are at least a couple within a relatively short distance to where she lives. I think I know the one you're referring to; he is listed as a violent offender, convicted of rape (twice?) and is about Morgan's age with an all-American boy look. Not someone I'd pick out (based only on his looks) as a SO.

Shutterfly, thanks so much for those great map diagrams.

I am so surprised by the location because it looks like such a vast farm and yet it looks like she was placed in a nook in direct line with the house. Even though it's far from the house, from the aerial view it doesn't seem like the most "hidden" location.

Without knowing more about the topography, it makes you wonder why someone coming wouldn't have put her either just inside one of the wooded areas on the other side (not in line with the house) or another field. Maybe it's not as direct a line to the house as it looks.

I wonder where the hay field ends, where the cattle and fences are, and other barriers and hills (and even woods too thick to cross through).

Is the location convenient and accessible from outside the farm or only within the farm?

I'm not that hung up on the terrain and how difficult it would have been to transport her (or her body) to where it was found. IMO, if the police vehicles could drive directly to that spot, then the perp could have as well.

There are at least a couple within a relatively short distance to where she lives. I think I know the one you're referring to; he is listed as a violent offender, convicted of rape (twice?) and is about Morgan's age with an all-American boy look. Not someone I'd pick out (based only on his looks) as a SO.
No, not someone I would pick out either, but he lives 2 miles from the site where she was found. His all-American looks could be the reason someone might trust him. It just seems too close to me.

Found some interesting links on Morgan's site forum (not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here, but you can google and read through it).

News report: http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-body-found-albemarle-100126,0,5332581.story

Also, I found in the above forum some disturbing comments about a particular person; he isn't named, but if what she is saying is true, I hope that LE is following up on this info.

Calliope, did you mean the comments from the news article link you posted in this post? I read through all of those comments and don't see what you are reading - so I'm thinking it's a different forum, but I don't know where to look. Can you help?! Thanks!

These are the posts I was referring to, from a thread discussing what behaviours to watch for (I'm guessing of the killer reacting to the news she was found). Very odd, and I can't seem to access further posts to find out what she referencing, so take it as you will:

Changing posted information on his website as one did. He is a misogynist who thinks all women are players. He said he "needed to talk" a few days after the girl disappeared. He WAS at the concert. He gave out brochures, stayed on findmorgan.com, and made himself very "helpful" to find her.

He NOW is a Wiccan, not into Satan. He NOW is single, interested in relationships and NOT bi-curious. He has changed his websites and posted info since she went missing. He posted very strange messages asking for "help" on Twitter before and after she disappeared.

He changed his social sites totally and I know this for a fact. He still feature serial killers on one of his sites. Admires killers?

Now is very evasive and says he was misunderstood. "Yes, he was at the concert.
His pal, his good friend, who was a co-defendant in a crime, still lives in Roanoke.
------

Maybe my 2 minute tip was never taken seriously or even questioned further. I called, and gave the name and never contacted after that. What else do I know? More.

The fact is, this person pulls his hole in with him after this girl went missing. He posted weird "help me" messages BEFORE she went missing about how he needed help with this girl. He said he was "in awe" of her. Like worship from afar....an admirer, a contact on internet. He social websites.
Decent looking and smart...an Ex college student but with RAP record. He gave out posters and made it known how much he would help. He was there at concert. Strange guy with admiration for serial killers. Lots of other things I prefer not to say here.

I have no axe to gring here. I seek nothing ..would just like to relay the goods. Maybe he is just a freak with a record and strange movements. That's fine. Maybe more. His pal lives in Roanoke.
--------

(from another person):
Not sure who you all are talking about but wonder if its the same guy that left a picture comment on morgans facebook something about "she will be mine one day" really obsessive it wasn't followed by lol or a smiley that i remember. Has always bugged me but now i can't see her pictures
--------

Here I go ..love to post this openly with such a character who reads these sites. Why would this person post MY photo on his page after he "needed" to talk to me and came 200 miles to my area to do so the week after she was missing? Red flags? That is an understatement.

No, clearly a SATANIST is NOT a Wiccan. Wicca is a very old religion about nature signs and they foreswear any evil or such. I know a couple who are Wiccans. A Satanist is clearly one who practices evil and can be part of an organized group. I have a dandy story about just such a group, Satanists all, that actually meets in the city next to mine. A client fell over this one.
This guy had it very clear on his site. Yes, now that site is all cleaned up now. Just like a choirboy. I shared this site before with a detective and several other things were validated.

If anyone in LE will contact me I will give him the info. I have that and more, but I have said enough here. Why do you think I persist in this? He also reads and was on the findmorgan.com site. Yes, he posted some ODD things there too.

If a rep of the family, with validation, will PM me I will give it to them.
Due to libel laws I will not give this name to anyone else.

http://findmorgan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

No, not someone I would pick out either, but he lives 2 miles from the site where she was found. His all-American looks could be the reason someone might trust him. It just seems too close to me.

This shows the distance from this SO's house to the remains site.

http://maps.google.com/

Well, she was described as very trusting, and was (allegedly) hitchhiking. (dear God...) If she was trying to hitch a ride back to this area, that would be the direction they'd go.

I'm sure the police are questioning everyone in the area (at least I'd hope so), to include any SOs there.

Calliope, did you mean the comments from the news article link you posted in this post? I read through all of those comments and don't see what you are reading - so I'm thinking it's a different forum, but I don't know where to look. Can you help?! Thanks!

I posted them above; I hope that is ok to do. I didn't want to post a link to that forum, though.

Well, she was described as very trusting, and was (allegedly) hitchhiking. (dear God...) If she was trying to hitch a ride back to this area, that would be the direction they'd go.

I'm sure the police are questioning everyone in the area (at least I'd hope so), to include any SOs there.
My google maps link didn't work, will try to link another map that shows this SO's residence (A) and Anchorage Farms (B), where remains were found.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cha...2903&2y=US&2l=37.973005&2g=-78.61386&2v=BLOCK

This map system wouldn't let me put in his exact address, but if you look at "A" his address is about a mile back off of same road (Monacan Trail Road)...same side of the highway as Anchorage Farms. This guy knows this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro