Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input Walker!
The top of someone's head is not that useful, and they all would look pretty much alike.
The top of THREE familiar for most of their years heads would be simple to spot. Particularly with time-stamped video and the knowledge of what door they entered.
Not familiar with Anthony case
Seriously?
I appreciate the fact that you are trying to think out of the box.
Thanks.
A certain personality goes in for LSD etc: usually very liberal, artsy, unambitious, and unaggressive "hippy"-type guys. They will talk of Carlos Castenada (sp?) and how spiritual the "trip" was. Women sometimes try these chemicals, usually at a guy's insistence; but the users (JMO) are mainly guys.
Do you know who DD is ? Friend of Morgan’s. SHE and her acquaintences LOVE the magic mushrooms. Where did you get information that these are a mostly guy preferred drug???? I beg to differ. I know that girls will eat them in the blink of an eye.
AM seems like a quiet type, who would not enjoy upset or anything unpredictable,
You MUST not have seen the Halloween pictures of her quietly dressed in toilet paper mummy costume, whooping and holding her beverage above her head in front of the glass door with 241 dots on it.
Photo #14 JMO is Morgan. Mighty strange coincidence that she has an accident on the same farm that someone who hated her apparently frequented.

I never enter my password twice so I did not open your link. What photos are you referring to? I am sure I have seen them all.
Have we heard about this incident? Who dressed up as MH? Please fill us in.
Again, seriously? SS
Are you seriously suggesting that MH was murdered by her girlfriends?
Absolutely.
but no one thinks they are the killers
Oh, but there are many, many people who do. Most cannot or will not discuss it for fear of the smackdown on another site. They can be discussed here.
maybe she had been invited to meet some underground metal celebrity subletting incognito in that run-down student neighborhood.
ELVIS?:dance:
She wasn't wearing the boots, though. Farmer Bass spoke of seeing her toes.
As another poster said, animals could have exposed the “toes”. Farmer Bass DID NOT speak of seeing fingers and toes. That was a rumor started by a poster on “The Hook”. If you have an article or reference for that statement from him or LE I would be very interested. How do you know she wasn’t wearing the boots? LE did not say that. No one has said that except another site or two with no reference to the information.
Jealousy may have been a significant factor.
Jealousy is the #1 motive for female murders. I Googled it.
the Bass family could have some acquaintances who are untrustworthy to say the least.
Doesn’t justify dragging this family through the mud. They were unfortunate bystanders.

Again, this is my opinion based on my research using what facts I could find from law enforcement and things I saw with my own eyes.

Article on the Harrington's latest PC - gives a good reason as to why the JPJ arena's surveillance didn't pick up Morgan.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...gtons-mark-anniversary-with-frustration-hope/

The Harringtons say they’re also “hungry for information” in the case and frustrated by the lack of it recently offered by police. They would like to see the video surveillance from the John Paul Jones Arena the night of Morgan’s disappearance, despite the fact police have assured them Morgan is not seen in any. One possible explanation for that seemingly inexplicable fact: “Our understanding,” says Dan, “is that the Arena doesn’t have as much surveillance as one might think.” Furthermore, he believes some of the cameras in the arena as well as traffic cameras in the area don’t record.

BBM

“Our understanding,” says Dan, “is that the Arena doesn’t have as much surveillance as one might think.”

Really doesn't surprise me. During most events the arena is flooded with security personnel and it's not the type of place somebody would break into when it's empty. Plus, in my experience, there is generally a lack of cameras on college campuses. They'll have them in dorms but beyond that it's very sparse.

AM seems like a quiet type, who would not enjoy upset or anything unpredictable,
You MUST not have seen the Halloween pictures of her quietly dressed in toilet paper mummy costume, whooping and holding her beverage above her head in front of the glass door with 241 dots on it.

As I recall, AM looks hurt and lost. I can't find that photo now, though. SS's costume was something conventional. I can't remember it now. Do you still have those photos?

As another poster said, animals could have exposed the “toes”. Farmer Bass DID NOT speak of seeing fingers and toes. That was a rumor started by a poster on “The Hook”. If you have an article or reference for that statement from him or LE I would be very interested. How do you know she wasn’t wearing the boots? LE did not say that. No one has said that except another site or two with no reference to the information.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...gtons_remains_found_not_easy_to_access/77832/

Quote from the above link:

In the particular pasture where Harrington was found, the grass had been at least knee-high, Bass said. He saw the remains because he was on a tractor, several feet off the ground, he said.

Bass initially thought the body was a deer, but when he saw what appeared to be a human skull, along with fingers and toes, he knew he had to call police, he said.

But I do agree that an animal could possibly have destroyed part of the boots.

Photo #14 JMO is Morgan. Mighty strange coincidence that she has an accident on the same farm that someone who hated her apparently frequented.

I never enter my password twice so I did not open your link. What photos are you referring to? I am sure I have seen them all.

The photos are from Jesse Cantelope's Anchorage Farm album. Maybe you could ask someone else to pull them up for you on their log-in. Not sure why it asks you 2x though.

According to your theory, what was DC's role? And why didn't AM & SS show signs of having struggled with MH? Would every sighting that evening then be wrong? And how would AM & SS gain? Wouldn't the Harrintons have picked up bad vibes from AM, their daughter's roommate, if she were a killer?

maybe she had been invited to meet some underground metal celebrity subletting incognito in that run-down student neighborhood.

No way. Not anyone who is considered classic, but someone who has a following among college students, maybe Goth, maybe metal, someone who plays in a band like Pantera. A name that would impress, pull MH away from a Metallica (classic) concert. Without the special effects and costumes, many of these musicians are recognizable on the street only by other musicians and the most devoted fans.

Maybe Morgan wasn't inside the arena, but she was on Copley Bridge -- right? Did her girlfriends pick her up there?

I am one who firmly believes that all aspects should be explored. So without sounding dense, I have trouble piecing together the friends are the killers’ aspect. Who knew Jenny Bass and Jesse Cantelope? (If the girl seen in the drawing was in fact Morgan). Who knew Anchorage Farms? I agree that her friends could have been jealous of Morgan. Most girls are at some point or another. Who went back to C’ville to plant the shirt? Can any of her friends be tied to the LAX player that turned in Morgan’s purse the following morning? Who would have thought to take the shirt from her purse, before she was even reported missing? Which one of the friends owns a gun?

I am one who firmly believes that all aspects should be explored. So without sounding dense, I have trouble piecing together the friends are the killers’ aspect. Who knew Jenny Bass and Jesse Cantelope? (If the girl seen in the drawing was in fact Morgan). Who knew Anchorage Farms? I agree that her friends could have been jealous of Morgan. Most girls are at some point or another. Who went back to C’ville to plant the shirt? Can any of her friends be tied to the LAX player that turned in Morgan’s purse the following morning? Who would have thought to take the shirt from her purse, before she was even reported missing? Which one of the friends owns a gun?

From reading about MH, seems she most probably attended JMU for two years prior to her enrollment at VTech; however, never was this fact ever stated explicitly. Why not? Switching colleges would have been a major event to MH. Previous addresses, associations and contacts are key to finding a missing person, and to solving the crime.

Sally10, I feel like you may know many things the rest of us aren't privvy to -- you sound too certain in your theory for me to ask too many questions -- meaning -- I get this feeling you're pretty certain you know how this went down. Question: what is stopping the cops from understanding the theory you have outlined? What is preventing the Harringtons from connecting these dots? Though I've seen it happen before, I am always amazed how a group of young people can keep a secret -- for so long -- sometimes for years -- sometimes forever.

I am one of the souls who thinks Morgan was abducted and murdered by a stranger who seized the opportunity.

But -- after reading your post, there is something in what you are writing that tells me -- you've got way more substance upon which to base your theory than many do............?????????????

My opinion answers in blue.

According to your theory, is DS a conspirator?

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/66764102.html

Quote from the above:

Afterward, they tried to meet up with friends, seated in another part of the arena. Those friends were mutual friends of Spolarics and Morgan Harrington.

"We call and [our friend] is like, 'We're actually missing somebody,' one of the people she was with, and they're like, 'We don't know what happened to her. She said she was getting a ride home, so we guess she's fine,' but so we're like OK, we didn't think anything of it and they went home," says Spolarics.

“Our understanding,” says Dan, “is that the Arena doesn’t have as much surveillance as one might think.” Furthermore, he believes some of the cameras in the arena as well as traffic cameras in the area don’t record.

I would love to know where Dan got his understanding from. I do not think he heard this from LE.

As I recall, AM looks hurt and lost. I can't find that photo now, though. SS's costume was something conventional. I can't remember it now. Do you still have those photos?

She most definitely doesn't look scared or hurt on October 31. 14 days after her roommate and best friend disappeared. The girl to her right is a sheriff's daughter. Oh, and I might add, they were all underage in this pic. There are several pics here but not the one I have of SS. Most people following the case have indeed seen it.

These girls seem to have thought the whole situation was comical.
http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y361/juliemooly_2010_2/Friends/

From reading about MH, seems she most probably attended JMU for two years prior to her enrollment at VTech; however, never was this fact ever stated explicitly. Why not? Switching colleges would have been a major event to MH. Previous addresses, associations and contacts are key to finding a missing person, and to solving the crime.

Walker, I believe she changed high schools in her senior year, not colleges. It still would have been a big event but her parents said it was due to district lines or something.

Sally10, I feel like you may know many things the rest of us aren't privvy to -- you sound too certain in your theory for me to ask too many questions -- meaning -- I get this feeling you're pretty certain you know how this went down. Question: what is stopping the cops from understanding the theory you have outlined? What is preventing the Harringtons from connecting these dots? Though I've seen it happen before, I am always amazed how a group of young people can keep a secret -- for so long -- sometimes for years -- sometimes forever.

I am one of the souls who thinks Morgan was abducted and murdered by a stranger who seized the opportunity.

But -- after reading your post, there is something in what you are writing that tells me -- you've got way more substance upon which to base your theory than many do............?????????????

I am not privy to anything that is not public record. I have, I guess an analytical mind and a few good friends. We gather facts and only facts. Eliminate anything questionable no matter how good it sounds. Then we fill in the holes, one at a time with theories. We try to shoot down the theories. If they get shot down, they are out. If they stand up to the test and fit the case, they stand. It all comes together like a puzzle. In solving a puzzle, you would try several pieces to make the fit. You don't stand there and hammer a piece in and you don't put one piece (friends) aside because you don't want to hurt it's feelings. We try everything. Most of all, we try to find multiple sources to confirm a theory. One of which is best if it is LE.

LE I believe does know this theory. That is why they are unconcerned with what happened inside the arena. She wasn't there. If they believe she was indeed there, you gotta know that they would be all over what happened and who she was with or followed by or whatever. LE wasn't. They looked for red flags. Red flag #1 Morgan's car - was/wasn't there. Stories changed right off the bat. Lying with LE involved is ALWAYS a huge red flag and they will go that way first. Then add the Halloween drunk fest by the friends, AM moving, etc. I think they know and are waiting for a grand jury.

The Harrington's - God bless them - are being prevented from seeing these dots. Well lets just say how hard it would be for anyone to try to believe that childhood friends of their daughter may have done something despicable like this. How do you protect your child from their friends? Also, LE is limited in what they can tell the Harrington's. I don't think it helps that they have a site they post on or that they are connected to bloggers. LE would frown on this I would think.

My best advice, read everything you can on a case and make notes. You will immediately notice that the media (all media) will report different information on the same story. Most is speculation. Quotation marks are SUPPOSED to be direct quotes of what came out of another person's mouth. No quotes and it is nothing more than words. Facts are facts and are in whatever LE releases. LE info is worth memorizing every word.

According to your theory, is DS a conspirator?

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/66764102.html

Quote from the above:

No, I think she is an unwitting participant without knowing it. I think Morgan's ticket and the other tickets were sold to her, DG and the other two friends in his party.

When DS called the friends and they said they guessed she was OK and got a ride, why didn't they just meet up with her? If they thought she was OK and got a ride, why did they wait after the concert (supposedly)?? Answer: because they knew she wasn't OK. I don't think they were there either. Cell pings will tell where they were when this call was received! I say JMU.

Walker, I believe she changed high schools in her senior year, not colleges. It still would have been a big event but her parents said it was due to district lines or something.

Not sure why, but it seems like she did not in fact spend the two previous years at VTech. Do you know for a fact that she never switched colleges?

Sally - Thanks for your thought provoking posts and the pics. I'm thinking about some things a little differently now.

[LE ...] looked for red flags. Red flag #1 Morgan's car - was/wasn't there.

You are right about that car story. We weren't told the location of the car or who exactly was in that car for quite some time.

Stories changed right off the bat. Lying with LE involved is ALWAYS a huge red flag and they will go that way first.

Since the group may have been drinking, they may have been covering up something, but not necessarily a murder.

Then add the Halloween drunk fest by the friends, AM moving, etc. I think they know and are waiting for a grand jury.

The drinking is bad behavior but doesn't bear on the homicide investigation. Sometimes unfortunately young people will use booze to cope with anxiety & stress.

BTW: There were more pictures, and I remember one which captured a sad mood at the "wild" party. Plus, MH had just gone missing; they may have gone into denial.

The Harrington's - God bless them - are being prevented from seeing these dots. Well lets just say how hard it would be for anyone to try to believe that childhood friends of their daughter may have done something despicable like this. How do you protect your child from their friends?

All children should be taught how to deal with people who are from less privileged backgrounds; MH may not have realized that the things which she took for granted like having her own car and her own apartment could have inflamed some of her fellow college students with extreme resentment. JMO: she may have been wise to leave her expensive jewelry home except for certain special family events, ride the bus with the other kids, live at home with her parents if possible. They are the "friends to last a lifetime" ---NOT!

Also, LE is limited in what they can tell the Harrington's. I don't think it helps that they have a site they post on or that they are connected to bloggers. LE would frown on this I would think

How could the site do any harm?

My best advice, read everything you can on a case and make notes. You will immediately notice that the media (all media) will report different information on the same story. Most is speculation. Quotation marks are SUPPOSED to be direct quotes of what came out of another person's mouth. No quotes and it is nothing more than words. Facts are facts and are in whatever LE releases. LE info is worth memorizing every word.

But aren't you basically questioning LE's entire timeline and all the confirmed sightings?

No, I think she is an unwitting participant without knowing it. I think Morgan's ticket and the other tickets were sold to her, DG and the other two friends in his party.

When DS called the friends and they said they guessed she was OK and got a ride, why didn't they just meet up with her? If they thought she was OK and got a ride, why did they wait after the concert (supposedly)?? Answer: because they knew she wasn't OK. I don't think they were there either. Cell pings will tell where they were when this call was received! I say JMU.

But couldn't DS figure out the scheme? Wouldn't she have noticed that her ticket was for section 312 --- and realized ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16