Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL>>

that is a pretty good idea to use against those hate monger "protesters"...I just read about them at wikipedia....ugh....makes ya wanna take a shower
or grab a puke bucket....ugh

It is funny to think of letting them know that every hour they protest will raise more money for gay charities LOL
very clever

I am very sad however to see that they were targeting Morgan and her poor family....ugh ...after reading about them I feel like I need antibiotics and disinfectants yick

Please be advised that no arrests have been made by police in the Morgan Harrington case, a $150,000 reward is being offer for any information on who murdered this beautiful young lady.

Contact Information

Tip Line: (434) 352-3467

State Police E-Mail: bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov

General: info@findmorgan.com

http://findmorgan.com

Miss Harrington was attending a Metallica concert on the night of Oct. 17, 2009, at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville,Va., when she became separated from her friends. She ended up outside the arena and was unable to re-enter the facility. Investigators have been able to locate and interview various individuals who recall seeing Miss Harrington outside in the vicinity of the arena that night between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Her purse and cell phone were found in a parking area near the arena that Sunday morning.
http://www.myspace.com/friendsoffindmorgan

Please be advised that no arrests have been made by police in the Morgan Harrington case, a $150,000 reward is being offer for any information on who murdered this beautiful young lady.

Contact Information

Tip Line: (434) 352-3467

State Police E-Mail: bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov

General: info@findmorgan.com

http://findmorgan.com

Miss Harrington was attending a Metallica concert on the night of Oct. 17, 2009, at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville,Va., when she became separated from her friends. She ended up outside the arena and was unable to re-enter the facility. Investigators have been able to locate and interview various individuals who recall seeing Miss Harrington outside in the vicinity of the arena that night between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Her purse and cell phone were found in a parking area near the arena that Sunday morning.
http://www.myspace.com/friendsoffindmorgan

Thanks for reposting this. Let's hope it entices someone with information to finally come forward.

The info on that reward has been out there

in the case of a lone wolf there may not be anyone to really "intice" to step forward....maybe one guy did this and he is not going to turn himself in for the reward

Thus implying an individual who either is not suspected by anyone else - or, not suspected by people interested in $150K

I still feel the police do not know who Morgan's murderer is

The info on that reward has been out there

in the case of a lone wolf there may not be anyone to really "intice" to step forward....maybe one guy did this and he is not going to turn himself in for the reward

Yeah, that is my fear. The people who know who is responsible might not be interested in the money...or the only people who know something are the culprit(s) and aren't going to turn themselves in.

You never know though, maybe the person who holds a key piece of information hasn't put the pieces together. I'm shocked on a fairly regular basis at the number of local people who don't know about Morgan.

Some killers are great at hiding in plain sight. But if someone didn't know about Morgan, you're right, they wouldn't connect the dots even if someone they knew had been acting strange in the days after Morgan's murder...come to think of it, there are plenty of people around here who nothing about Morgan's murder -- I guess these kinds of situations just aren't of interest to some people - go figure

i dont think LE will risk losing a conviction before getting the dna evidence.they may well have pois they just havent named them yet.at least thats my hope.i think especially if they feel perp/s are being protected by money they will need an iron clad case.jmo

I feel there is a LOT of misconception about "rewards" generated by forums and fueled by tv shows and stuff

We sometimes hear of someone "turning someone in" for a reward....BUT....think about it

usually in those cases there is MORE info and more evidence....like they are "looking for a white ford truck with a smashed left bumper"...and someone turns in a family member/neighbor who has such a truck and is hiding it

the "suspicious behavior" is a pretty rare "turn in">> very non specific and no doubt hard for someone to just think off the top of their head that their son/husband/boyfriend raped and killed a young woman simply cause he has started drinking more or has been withdrawn or whatever

that I feel is the "stuff" of tv movies and internet speculation

does it happen?? Yeah...usually with a disgruntled lover
or..
it happens when the Perp has a history of antisocial and criminal behavior

it happens when the perp has a "relationship" to the victim (like...IF a boyfriend or ex of Morgan's started acting oddly at time she went missing, people might well call that in as a tip)

Given all of this ....it seems to me that a couple logical conclusions can be made...not totally sure but the "odds" are that 1) the perp had no prior connection to Morgan that would alert a potential tipster 2) there is really NO evidence that would lead a tipster to the person (ie, no description/vehicle description) 3) the perp does not have such a "past" that would automatically alert people he knows to connect him to this 4) the perp no doubt acted alone....may live alone....may not be that close to anyone who would be observing him or anyone who would even imagine that he would have done this

with such a large reward, I think it leads to the likely idea that no one has knowledge to claim that reward. The idea that "they don't need the money"?? well maybe

most likely the only person who knows about this however is the one/s who did it. The more time goes on, the more I think it is a "lone wolf"

he is not going to turn himself in for the money obviously

I am thinking it's a "lone wolf" too. I had thought maybe more than one before. I just keeping hoping LE has something. So much time is passing with no word.

Just wondering if anyone can find out if the Alvin Ailey company whose electrician was arrested for rape at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill ever performed at the JPJ arena at UVA or at Virginia Tech or anywhere in Roanoke at any time but particularly last Fall.

I admit it's a stretch, but would still be interested in knowing. TIA.
The W/S Forum on Kathy Taft, NC state Board of Education member, who was murdered last month, has links to the news reports.

I feel there is a LOT of misconception about "rewards" generated by forums and fueled by tv shows and stuff

We sometimes hear of someone "turning someone in" for a reward....BUT....think about it

usually in those cases there is MORE info and more evidence....like they are "looking for a white ford truck with a smashed left bumper"...and someone turns in a family member/neighbor who has such a truck and is hiding it

the "suspicious behavior" is a pretty rare "turn in">> very non specific and no doubt hard for someone to just think off the top of their head that their son/husband/boyfriend raped and killed a young woman simply cause he has started drinking more or has been withdrawn or whatever

that I feel is the "stuff" of tv movies and internet speculation

does it happen?? Yeah...usually with a disgruntled lover
or..
it happens when the Perp has a history of antisocial and criminal behavior

it happens when the perp has a "relationship" to the victim (like...IF a boyfriend or ex of Morgan's started acting oddly at time she went missing, people might well call that in as a tip)

Given all of this ....it seems to me that a couple logical conclusions can be made...not totally sure but the "odds" are that 1) the perp had no prior connection to Morgan that would alert a potential tipster 2) there is really NO evidence that would lead a tipster to the person (ie, no description/vehicle description) 3) the perp does not have such a "past" that would automatically alert people he knows to connect him to this 4) the perp no doubt acted alone....may live alone....may not be that close to anyone who would be observing him or anyone who would even imagine that he would have done this

with such a large reward, I think it leads to the likely idea that no one has knowledge to claim that reward. The idea that "they don't need the money"?? well maybe

most likely the only person who knows about this however is the one/s who did it. The more time goes on, the more I think it is a "lone wolf"

he is not going to turn himself in for the money obviously

I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Especially the part about it being easier to turn someone in when there is more specific information available (beyond observing a change in behavior).

For example, last week there was a man who shot two people watching the sunset on the Blue Ridge Parkway (a relatively short distance from Charlottesville). He was caught quickly following information received through a CrimeStoppers Tipline. It was reported that the details were things only the shooter would know. This suggests either the culprit called in a tip on himself (unlikely I think) or that someone very close to him called it in (In my own opinion this is more likely).

One of the victims was also able to give a fantastic description (despite having been through such an ordeal!) of the man and his car.

Here's to hoping answers and justice for Morgan and her family are forthcoming.

ETA - (I hope that post wasn't too long to quote, I'm not sure of the etiquette on that!)

I just read a very nice article about Morgan in Cosmo's magazine this month. Hopefully Morgan's story touches a lot of lives, and a little more of a stretch, maybe someone who knows something will read the article. I can only hope.

Has the medical examiner ever given any information? This case disturbed me from the beginning with the constant"hush" about the truth,of the events that happened about MH.
I have little hope that LE knows anything...Poor MH will be just like the rest of the missing and dead girls.in Virginia ..just so sad.
This case was from the start..an Unsolved Mystery...my GOD it,s been months and there has been nothing released that would help "point out a possible person".
The lack of information has not helped this case..only made it harder and crazy...why did it take weeks to just get the simple truth about "the car"...do we even know it yet???

Look back on my posts..I always said the cousin from Tennessee was the one that took HC...I guess we are about to find out if "he is the one arrested"...
These cases make me sick..such lack of love shown..
Beautiful MH..now all the energy,all the potential,now buried in the ground.
Poor little Haleigh, never had the chance to grow up and live...every day something like this is happening...
God ,gave us an earth..fruitful and beautiful..why can't we just get along. and share this eden...Their is so much food wasted and others go hungry. diamonds and gold,abound , even in the dirt,but some have all and others have none....it would be so easy to just share..no fighting.no killing..just eating,laughing working and sharing with each other.
There is no reason, in this hi tech world..that we can't figure out a way to stop the stupidity, the hoarding,the gouging,the constant headache of life..and JUST GET Along!

Well the fact is that they probably just don't have evidence in Morgan's case

It has become an "internet fallacy" I think to always think that "someone" should/could/would talk or turn in someone

as I stated here....sometimes there is just no other "witness"...no one who knows

the perp is not going to turn himself in

dna ONLY "works" when the dna is on file...if the perp doesn't have a record/dna on file there is no way to match it up

if the perp does not have a "known" connection to Morgan then there is no way to know who to "test" for dna match etc

so it is a round robin

and that is why "stranger " is much much harder for LE to solve than the (obvious) cases where a woman has a hubby/baby daddy/lover/ex etc

We can only hope they have some viable clues they are working on JMO

dna ONLY "works" when the dna is on file...if the perp doesn't have a record/dna on file there is no way to match it up

DNA also only "works" if there is any to collect in the first place. Not only that, even if present, DNA does not prove a connection to the crime, all it proves is a connection to the person.

The shirt was one of the topics we were not able to talk about before. Now that police have confirmed it belonged to Morgan, I can assume that we can discuss it now. What really bothers me is that the perp is out there taunting LE and discarding evidence. The shirt was found almost one month after she went missing. It bothers me that it took LE until now to release that information. When the tshirt was found, LE brushed it off. It wasn't until her body was found that they went to conduct interviews at the apartment complex. I feel like they may have lost valuable information and clues because they waited.

ETA: I'm hoping that Morgan's DNA wasn't the ONLY DNA on the shirt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member