Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the case will turn back to these basic questions at some point. The missing piece is at the beginning, not on a door handle a week later.

C6

I agree TOTALLY......nothing was right from the beginning. Her friends honesty may be the key to finding her.

Wonder if she called a cab and that is why she was waiting outside?
Feeling bad would not make me want to go outside in the cold. I would rather find a place to sit and wait in common area of the arena. There is something in the cell records I just feel it.

Feeling bad in general may not make you want to go outside in the cold, but being overly intoxicated will. I have found that going out in the cold not only helps to sober you up but it gets you away from everyone esp. if you fear you may throw up, it keeps you from the embarrassment of doing it in public. Not to mention then you don't have to worry about accidentally throwing up where you shouldn't. Believe me, been there done that.
I've been asked to leave a venue before because I became too intoxicated and once outside threw up felt better, and snuck back in.
Edited to add that when I was a concert goer, (not that I'm proud of it) but this was a usual practice for me. When you're intoxicated you feel hot anyway, so if she were intoxicated going outside would have felt good to her. Oh yeah not to mention when you start to see doubles you just kinda want to be alone.

I think the case will turn back to these basic questions at some point. The missing piece is at the beginning, not on a door handle a week later.

C6

Couldn't have said it better!

Daughter wondered if she smoked weed, took some pills or snorted something.....said this would account for her behavior. From Morgan's friends facebook, it's more than obvious they were into the drug scene....pic of friend rolled in comforter "like a jay" she said, "so high I can kiss the stars" she said, plus in some of the pics they had red,glazed eyes. I know that look....hate to say it, but have seen my kids/their friends. Also wonder about the school change and her comment on being grounded right before collge. IMO something happened, kicked out of school, drugs, arrests????

The poster who mentioned her dropping her jacket (if the jacket story is true) is what I thought about her cell phone from the get-go. Did she drop the battery separately to "leave a trail?" Now with all these other sightings, I'm inclined to think she was with someone she knew.

Of course they is way more than we're being told and I agree with the poster who mentioned her family's attitude/actions. If it were my kid, I'd be out there telling/discussing EVERYTHING I knew to get her back, no matter how bad. My utmost concern would be getting her back/found. These parents seem to be "sugar-coating" her life....why I'm not sure...but wish they'd be more realistic and forthcoming. In fact, the whole investigation is sorta "hush-hush"......again, why I don't know. There is WAY more to this story than meets the eyes and IMO their silence may not be helping the way they think it should.

God bless Morgan..........may she found soon.

Great post!

Can you post the link to this FB? I must have missed it.

I have been thinking about her parents actions, too. If it were my child I would be in the woods - in the streets - in the mall - wherever =I could be looking and begging for help. From my understanding they are still in Roanoke. I know they are heartbroken and loved her very much and I don't mean to criticize, but I just don't understand. The "hush-hush" has me confused, too.

Great post!

Can you post the link to this FB? I must have missed it.

I have been thinking about her parents actions, too. If it were my child I would be in the woods - in the streets - in the mall - wherever =I could be looking and begging for help. From my understanding they are still in Roanoke. I know they are heartbroken and loved her very much and I don't mean to criticize, but I just don't understand. The "hush-hush" has me confused, too.

Maybe she was one of those kids who told her parents nothing in fear of being judged by them, esp. if religion was part of her concern.

MySpace-DNANA-21-Female-Hoover,ALABAMA-myspace.com/dianna_myspace

I talked to my daughter last night, a recent college grad. She informed me pharmaceuticals are big now..ie:hydro (vicodin) oxy(oxycodone/oxycontin)
xanax,etc She also said in some circle herion is making a huge comeback.

From the descriptions given of her behavior and actions, I tend to think along these lines. I've seen many people stoned and they don't trip and fall even if totally baked. Same with coke and meth which make one hyped up and anxious.

Daughter wondered if she smoked weed, took some pills or snorted something.....said this would account for her behavior. From Morgan's friends facebook, it's more than obvious they were into the drug scene....pic of friend rolled in comforter "like a jay" she said, "so high I can kiss the stars" she said, plus in some of the pics they had red,glazed eyes. I know that look....hate to say it, but have seen my kids/their friends. Also wonder about the school change and her comment on being grounded right before collge. IMO something happened, kicked out of school, drugs, arrests????

The poster who mentioned her dropping her jacket (if the jacket story is true) is what I thought about her cell phone from the get-go. Did she drop the battery separately to "leave a trail?" Now with all these other sightings, I'm inclined to think she was with someone she knew.

Of course they is way more than we're being told and I agree with the poster who mentioned her family's attitude/actions. If it were my kid, I'd be out there telling/discussing EVERYTHING I knew to get her back, no matter how bad. My utmost concern would be getting her back/found. These parents seem to be "sugar-coating" her life....why I'm not sure...but wish they'd be more realistic and forthcoming. In fact, the whole investigation is sorta "hush-hush"......again, why I don't know. There is WAY more to this story than meets the eyes and IMO their silence may not be helping the way they think it should.

God bless Morgan..........may she found soon.

Got my inner cynic (the size of Nevada) going. Her dad's a point MD for a branch of UVA Med, so he's in a precarious position regarding how much he takes public. Also he has to balance his daughter's confidentiality with a public need-to-know. He may have told LE more than he's telling us, or may not have shared certain info at all.
This ties in with the low-key search, no posters, etc. UVA is the common thread here.
C6

Are any of us near there?
From FB discussion section: "We need help in anyone on route US 250 from Charlottesville to Jefferson National Forest. We need to get more flyers out there. Any takers?"

I would like to believe that UVa would be more pro-active if the missing person had been a student there instead of merely attending a concert by a band to whom the university had rented out its JPJ auditorium.

I have no idea what contractual "arrangements" are made between the concert performers at JPJ and the university. I cannot understand why there are no "missing" posters or any other indication of Morgan's disappearance in the area of the JPJ arena.

From FB discussion section: "We need help in anyone on route US 250 from Charlottesville to Jefferson National Forest. We need to get more flyers out there. Any takers?"

Hmmm I'm not really near there, but closer than you guys, but I do have friends on the net who may be closer than me. Let me ask and see if I can't get some help.

I would like to believe that UVa would be more pro-active if the missing person had been a student there instead of merely attending a concert by a band to whom the university had rented out its JPJ auditorium.

I have no idea what contractual "arrangements" are made between the concert performers at JPJ and the university. I cannot understand why there are no "missing" posters or any other indication of Morgan's disappearance in the area of the JPJ arena.

That really is odd, you'd think that would be the most likely place they'd be up...

Hmmm I'm not really near there, but closer than you guys, but I do have friends on the net who may be closer than me. Let me ask and see if I can't get some help.

great! thanks Heroine

We should be able to help. I'll post on the discussion board.

I'm disappointed in the college. This is someones baby no matter old she is.

I'm impressed with the band putting up 50k in reward money, and putting the info on their website. Makes me want to buy a cd to thank them. The college on the other hand if I knew anyone who was thinking of going there I would try to talk them out it.jmo

I'm impressed with the band putting up 50k in reward money, and putting the info on their website. Makes me want to buy a cd to thank them. The college on the other hand if I knew anyone who was thinking of going there I would try to talk them out it.jmo

Just find it so crazy that with the reward money and media coverage there is still nothing at all -this is so mysterious. I can't begin to imagine how the families of the some 2500 Americans reported missing each day (!!) must feel not knowing what happened to their loved ones, it must be sheer hell

Doesn't surprise me. They're really good guys. Been a fan of theirs for the last 23 years!

I wonder if artificial scent -- from, e.g., perfume, soap, laundry detergent, second-hand smoke, etc. -- would in any way affect a search dog's ability to track a person via the clothing samples provided by the family of a missing person.

I'm pretty close...about an hour and 15 minutes. I reside in Page County but work in Warren county. I have "Missing" flyers up for her in both counties. I will definitely help on Thursday... I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Anyone care to join me?

Edited to add: I would go sooner, but I work every day but Thursday

I wonder if artificial scent -- from, e.g., perfume, soap, laundry detergent, second-hand smoke, etc. -- would in any way affect a search dog's ability to track a person via the clothing samples provided by the family of a missing person.

I'm not sure, but wouldn't those things be part of her scent if she did/used them regularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143