Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped:

Yes it's true I'd forgotten the description of that guy who supposedly hit her was hispanic...

I'd forgotten that too, and I wonder if there are any descriptions of what either or both of these guys were wearing. I wonder if the descriptions are the same. TIA.

missing.png
Reward For Missing Student Grows

The parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington have announced a $100,000 reward for information leading to their daughter, and the rock band Metallica -- whose Virginia concert Morgan disappeared from -- have added $50,000 to that sum. Authorities hope the reward gets people to come forward in an investigation where very little is known thus far.
»The Full Story

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=68876

good morning & welcome truthful lies, thank you for the new info! and waddles you are doing a great job keeping this thread going - thank -you! I mostly lurk...anyway, between truthful telling us that she was seen WITHOUT HER PRUSE and mblovers psychic makes me wonder if possibly she did get into it with one of her friends...i can recall from my early adult years and it was not that uncommon to get into arguments(especially in partying enviroments) and if one started arguing with the driver sometimes would get left to fend for themselves....and one time when that happened to me, my friends threw my things out of the moving car...and they were my good friends too...but at age 20, and i know that morgans dad said that she is very responsible but that doesnt mean AND im sure that not ALL nine of these friends are totally mature(and i know that they were not all there), that is just not possible. if she were having a spat with one of the sisters i wonder who the other sister would side with...would she have to side with the sister leaving morgan to find her own ride, maybe thats why, they were po'd at morgan and wanted her to find another way home? these girls having a relationship since grade school - there has to be some complicated dynamics going on there...but a spat could have been as simple as one of the sisters boyfriend who went along with them that night was getting flirty with morgan and as many girls will do she got upset with morgan and not her boyfriend? i think we have probably all been in that situation at least once! anyway sorry for rambling...
i too believe that the key is with these friends... i suspect that le has a good idea what they believe happened but need to corroborate their suspicions...what do you think?:waitasec:

I think we can pretty much discount the "without the purse" part of the sightings nearer the arena, because she may have had the bag on her shoulders then as a backpack. A small black backpack on the back of a black shirt on a person with long hair would not likely be noticed. That would leave both of her hands/arms free so that people passing her would perceive her to have not been carrying her purse at the time.
JMO

I think we can pretty much discount the "without the purse" part of the sightings nearer the arena, because she may have had the bag on her shoulders then as a backpack. A small black backpack on the back of a black shirt on a person with long hair would not likely be noticed. That would leave both of her hands/arms free so that people passing her would perceive her to have not been carrying her purse at the time.
JMO

Thanks Raeann, yeah I was leaning there too that purse must have been hidden-doesn't make much sense otherwise

snipped:

I'd forgotten that too, and I wonder if there are any descriptions of what either or both of these guys were wearing. I wonder if the descriptions are the same. TIA.

True, Truthful Lies -can you ask what more your driver can say about this man, his age, clothes and especially his look -did he look like someone her age who could know her or did he look way out of place for a Metallica concert and for a 20 year old... sorry that prob doesn't make much sens ebut you get the gist

Morgan Harrington – New Photos, Timeline May Help Find Missing Virginia Tech Student
October 29, 2009 6:30 AM
<snipped>
Rader says witnesses saw someone matching Harrington's description around the outside of the arena from about 8:30 until 9 p.m.

She then was seen walking across two parking areas, one of which is near the bridge.

image5435029x.jpg

image5435030x.jpg

image5434777x.jpg

PICTURES: Morgan Harrington Missing
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/10/21/crimesider/photoessay5405683.shtml

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/28/crimesider/entry5434970.shtml

:angel:

One U.Va graduate who was the concert tells News 7 he remembers seeing Morgan before the concert in the parking lot.
"It was definitely her, I'm 100 percent certain of that," says Dave Gardner.
Gardner is a 2005 U.Va grad who now works in New Jersey and came back to Charlottesville to see Metallica.
"She pulled up with her party and got out of her parties car and kind of immediately engaged me and my brother and my cousin and my friend who were at the concert," says Gardner.
"She did seem excited to see Metallica because she asked us who the opening act was and when we told her, she said 'Who cares, we're here to see Metallica, right?'," said Gardner when News7 talked to him by phone.
Gardner says Harrington was anxious to get into the arena.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11369010

Gardner says Harrington only spoke to his group for a few minutes before heading toward the arena, but he says he remembers seeing the car after the concert without Morgan.

Reward - $150,000

The Harrington family is offering a $100,000 reward for the safe return of their daughter, Morgan Harrington, or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan Harrington's disappearance.

The Band Metallica is also adding an additional $50,000 to the reward bringing it to $150,000 for Morgan's safe return or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan's disappearance.

http://www.findmorgan.com/

JMO

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Statement From Daniel and Gil Harrington
Posted : Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:07:14 GMT
Author : Daniel and Gil Harrington
<snipped>
The following is a statement from Daniel and Gil Harrington: We sincerely thank the Virginia State Police Department, University of Virginia Police Department, members of Metallica, and the many people who have shown their support in this difficult time. We are doing everything in our power to bring Morgan home. We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to share any information you can with law enforcement so that we can find our daughter. Please refer to www.FindMorgan.com as a resource for updates on Morgan's investigation. Information can also be found on the Virginia State Police Department's website at http://www.vsp.state.va.us/News/News_Releases.shtm. We encourage you to share your thoughts and questions with us directly at info@findmorgan.com. All media inquires may be directed to our new media hotline (202) 973-1330 for immediate assistance. If you have any helpful information regarding our daughter's whereabouts, please contact the Virginia State Police's tip hotline at (434) 352-3467 or bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov. We thank you again for your prayers and support. SOURCE Daniel and Gil Harrington

Article:
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/statement-from-daniel-and-gil-harrington,1020186.shtml

Metallica guitarist comments on missing fan, Rock Hall concert
Thursday, October 29, 2009
<snipped>
Metallica lead guitarist Kirk Hammett spoke with ExploreMusic.com earlier this week in a new video interview about Morgan Dana Harrington, the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing outside a Metallica concert on October 17th in Charlottesville, Virginia. Metallica added $50,000 to the $100,000 reward already being offered by her family for information on her whereabouts. Hammett said, "We decided to contribute to that reward, 'cause we would like to . . . see her found and reunited with her family. It's a very sad thing to hear about. We're just trying to do what we can to help her and help her family out. It's a pretty intense, screwed up thing that's happened, and I really hope that she's found and that she's okay."

The Rock Radio online
http://www.therockradio.com/

Article:
http://www.therockradio.com/2009/10/metallica-guitarist-comments-on-missing.html

on this link, on the map, when you click on the numbers it reminds you of the timeline she was seen there. http://www.roanoke.com/clicks/default.aspx?url=/http://roanoke.com/datasphere/wb/xp-224154

In number 5, where the purse was found and she was seen I really wonder what "limited interaction" meant-was she alone, just staring into space, was she with someone, why was she there-was she seen wwhile she was there, leaving there or arriving there. What was her limited interaction with these people ..questions, questions

I am starting to feel like we are going back in time, on this board I mean. Can I make a simple suggestion that we not keep reposting all of the articles and links that have already been posted on threads 1 and 2 (or 3) of this discussion?

Can we come to some kind of agreement that if it has happened since this past Tuesday, or was already reported , before then, that we can assume it's appeared here. (i.e. this just in, MEtallica adds $50K to the reward pot. if i add up every new instance of metallica adding to the reward, i think it'll be close to $300,000 at least) Otherwise, I might start feeling like I was part of LE , with no new leads or at least new theories.

So, this is the first Ive heard of the hispanic male. But I'll bet there were several working the arena in tandem-maybe they purchase tickets to get in and then scope the victims for cameras, wallets, purses, etc?

So, one, if Morgan had a camera, then we can assume this was taken by the hispanic (are we sure about this racial tag? i'll run with it) male, explaining no pictures (and assuming LE asked no pictures be posted).

So MH, tells Amy, I'm goin to the bathroom-and one of the hispanic males scopes the upper sections (why, because you assume it is much harder for the victim to follow the person out, or catch up). As she's headed out of the bathroom (make the assumptions that her defenses are down, and in general concert goers maybe have lower expectations, thinking thieves don't make it into the concert b/c they don't buy tickets)-bam, the guy grabs the purse, and she pursues him, more so than a normal person might...the catches up to him, and he hits her in the face. She,s hurt, a bit, and kinda stunned as he runs off- she walks into some general area of the arena and spots him, he heads out the door, and she bolts out after him. She loses sight of him, and then gets a call from Amy about where are you? So she's like, Ifollowed some guy and he took off-i'm locked out, no the cops wont find him, there isnt much in my account, i dont need the purse, but it sucks the camera was stolen...anyway, ill just try and get back in. if not, then i'll call SS (from the pictures) or someone else and find a ride back to H-burg, i'd hate that this dude ruined the whole trip for all of us---The guy has her purse and ticket stub, so no way to buy anything else if there were scalpers, even if she had money. She tries getting back in but meets a woman at the door, so she can't charm her way back in. She's hangin around then she spots the guy and starts off after him (she figures its time for street justice), meanwhile hispanic male 2 is already waiting and sees her-they figure maybe theyll have some fun? maybe she has more money? she follows him (male 1) thru 4, and by now she loses him in 5 somewhere. Its dark--what was the limited contact with the RV people-"did u see a guy come by this area, carrying a purse? did u see some hispanic guy? anyone hispanic here?" he's dumped the bag and is hiding, or is with the RV group? Hispanic male 2, , 3-car lengths behind is watching, and is close to 5, but not easily seen by her. She feels something is off, either about the RV people or the hispanic guy in the RV area, whom she feels is still there, but hiding, so she cuts back to the Copley bridge, b/c her C-ville friends arent far away meanwhile (and she doesnt feel the bridge is as creepy as being cornered by two guys), the second male gets in his car picks up the first guy and they nab Morgan-they use the road by the RV area to get away because they figure there are less people/less lighting, and as they drive by, they toss her cell phone out?

The only reason the hispanic male 2 made his move, was 1-he sees she's alone. its dark. the cops havent arrived. and he has done this in the past, or has a tendency for this.

Has anyone looked at some of the registered sex offenders in the area--they are some scary looking people. I bet one of the perps has been charged or caught before, but only b/c there were witnesses (As I suggested a while ago) or because he didnt have a partner, and a van/RV,SUV?

The petty theif/aggravated assault guy is probably local, and the more sinister perp is probably near C-ville but not exactly local.

This is all spec, and just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member