GUILTY VA - NFL QB Michael Vick, 3 others indicted for dog fighting, Surry County, 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would have been classic if the judge had sentenced him to just under 14 years. Once everyone got up off the floor, the judge could have then explained that he had sentenced him in dog years and that he only had to serve 23 months.
biggrin.gif

I would have enjoyed that..but then that's just me.

I think it would have been classic if the judge had sentenced him to just under 14 years. Once everyone got up off the floor, the judge could have then explained that he had sentenced him in dog years and that he only had to serve 23 months.
biggrin.gif

I would have enjoyed that..but then that's just me.

Now that is funny and I wished it could have happened too. I posted on a local forum and you would not believe the number of people who still advocate for him. It is sickening.

I think it would be great if a bunch of people get tickets to one of his games (this would have to number in the 100's-1000's) and go and when he makes a play in the game, everyone just gets up and walks out and leaves at once in protest. They don't even have to be football fans.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/01/26/garcia.cat.finds.*advertiser censored*.kxan

This is a video about some of Vicks dogs that were given a second chance. Please watch it, you will see what good dogs they can be even when pushed to the extremes.

KANAB, Utah (AP)—There are the perky, high-energy sorts like Lucas, all wagging tails and let’s-go-play vivaciousness.

There are the runners like Curly, who never saw a fence line or dirt trail they couldn’t wear down.

And there are the divas like Georgia, who go on publicity junkets and stay at the Beverly Hilton, wearing rhinestone-studded collars and hot pink tank tops that say “Biscuits are a girl’s best friend.”

They could be your dog, your neighbor’s, even one of those you see in a magazine being doted on by a celebrity owner.

These, though, are Michael Vick’s dogs.

Fourteen months after some experts left them for dead—in fact, said they should die—they are alive and thriving at the Best Friends Animal Society in the rocky red hills of Utah, rewriting the book about what pit bulls really are and what they can be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...CGr0op4?slug=ap-americasdog&prov=ap&type=lgns

Praise the Lord for such a happy ending, and thank you St. Francis, who I believe was watching out for them, as well. :)

What a heartwarming story! It's good to know that Vick's former dogs are recovering beautifully! Thank God for Best Friends Animal Society. I heard Vick's money is what is paying for the care of his dogs, and he's going broke.

This warms my heart! May the rest of their lives be filled with joy, happiness and love. As for the vile man responsible for their torture, I hope he never finds peace for the rest of his life.

There was an article about Vick's dogs in Sports Illustrated several weeks ago.
I am SO thankful that these dogs were able to be rehabilitated and now live in loving homes where they will never be mistreated again. This story is a true testament to dogs' unyielding devotion and love. :)

I saw the SI story. I'm glad there are people there willing and able to take on these dogs too; I know it's a lot of work but worth it I'm sure.

Thank God these poor animals are doing better. It's very good to hear. Now, if Vick gets to play football again, I'm going to be really disappointed.

Such a beautiful story. Best Friends is one of the most awesome places ever...a great place for these dogs.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501027,00.html

Imprisoned NFL star Michael Vick will be allowed to finish his sentence under home confinement because there is no room at a halfway house for him, a government official told The Associated Press Thursday.

Oh goodness, he gets out this soon? I guess animal torture really isn't much of a crime. Sure going to be tough roaming around his multimillion dollar home. Now that's punishment. (Note to others: This is full of sarcasm). :rolleyes:

He can go roam around his multimillion dollar home for all I care. I just don't want to see the man step out on a professional football field again. Seems like I'm not the only one. Most football team managers don't want to be associated with him and the wrath of PETA and animal lovers.

Wow ... no halfway house available??? I could *maybe* buy that no halfway house wants him, or even fear they would have some issues with others housed there.

I say we build one then, better yet, he can stay at a mill, in a wire cage with no heat, or light .... I could go on & on

I digress *sigh*

Wow ... no halfway house available??? I could *maybe* buy that no halfway house wants him, or even fear they would have some issues with others housed there.

I say we build one then, better yet, he can stay at a mill, in a wire cage with no heat, or light .... I could go on & on

I digress *sigh*

I will go on and on...with a heavy chain around his neck, attatched to a car axle buried in the ground...with big, intimidating men torturing him...
Makes me sick, sick, sick. :furious:
I thought he lost his mansion, though...I could give a flying fig, but he'd better never, EVER be allowed to play ball again. PERIOD.

I will go on and on...with a heavy chain around his neck, attatched to a car axle buried in the ground...with big, intimidating men torturing him...
Makes me sick, sick, sick. :furious:
I thought he lost his mansion, though...I could give a flying fig, but he'd better never, EVER be allowed to play ball again. PERIOD.

Me too Em. My passion for animals is beyond reasonable. I just can't deal with it in any form. Mr. Vick will never do anything to change my opinion of him ... although he could spend his life trying, and I hope he does! I will never forget what he has done!

I do check in on these guys (da pups) from time to time though, and it brings me a lot of joy!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/dogtown/3684/Overview#tab-vick-dogs-update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill