VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to ask a question regarding the investigation and the arrests because I don't understand how this all came about.

As I understand it, LE

FIRST arrested DE, charging abduction
THEN (next day) found Nicole's body
and then TODAY arrested NK

So how did they know a) that he abducted her, b) where the body was?

If they knew from sm that he had been talking with Nicole - well so did others. What made them zoom in on him so quickly and so confidently that they could charge with abduction? I guess there must be more tying him to her on that specific night that we have not been told about yet?

We were told he was not talking, so did NK tell them where the body is? We assume she did, but why did they then not immediately arrest her but waited one day after finding the body to do so? It seems like she immediately spilled the beans, so why wait?

Good questions. I think once they had access to Nichole's SM and likely phone records (through mom) they possibly found a heck of a lot more that sent up red flags than any of us have seen - as in - private messages and/or phone ping. There was an article that mentioned Nichole's phone being off except for a brief time the morning she was discovered missing. It was on, then off again. Whoever is paying the bill for her cell phone would have access to where that phone was that morning when it's signal bounced off the nearest tower. Even if mom couldn't figure out how to access it herself, all she had to do is give the phone company permission to release that info to LE, immediately. No warrant needed and it would have taken just moments to narrow down the area of the phone.

I suspect it was the private messages that lead LE to look at DE right away.

Well this just gets sadder and sadder. The article does answer some questions - it doesn't appear David Eisenhauer had in fact met her before he lured her out of her room. "Met her online". It's very sad that she was so bullied by her peers - I was interested in a comment (by her uncle?) in one of the first articles about her disappearance that everyone loved her, when kids met her they instantly became her friends, etc. I thought at the time, that can't be true looking at the little bit of social media. So there was some denial about her being rejected by her peers.

I'm surprised, actually, that the school couldn't step in and be more effective in stopping that kind of bullying. When kids are led to be kind to their peers who have suffered illness, they usually respond very well. On social media I did see her goading that ex into ugly statements, with her constant crying and saying I want you but you don't want me, but with her peers at school I would think the school could have done a better job at getting the kids to feel empathy.

What a lot of people don't know about her medications, however, is that corticosteroids (used for immune suppression for transplant patients as well as lupus, asthma, and a host of other illnesses) can cause severe mood changes, from anger (even rage) to extreme "emotional lability" (crying, depression). I've been on large, extended doses in the past, and I know what effect they had on me -- the weight gain, moon face, crying jags, anger over nothing and everything. Now put that on top of a hormonal and sick young teen who has probably been suffering any number of these effects since her transplant years ago (easy to see from her pics), who is trying to keep up with the pretty girls online and at least sometimes takes out her anger on her father (and maybe other family) -- what a recipe for possible disaster.

I'm willing to bet she couldn't really articulate why she might find herself so very angry, or crying, or depressed. She most likely simply thought something or someone could fix things, or fix her. To a romantic young teen, doesn't love save all?

Such a sad, sad case for all concerned.

This has an interview with Nicole's mother (near the end of the article) - more information from her about the relationship with her dad and the fact that it was not a dresser but a night stand that was pushed against the door. She also indicated that she believed Nicole had climbed out of the window. Just several bits of information that we have been discussing here today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5bdeca-c83a-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

If he's old enough to die in Iraq. Then he is too old to date your 13 year old daughter. Jmo

I am so sad to hear of the discovery of Nicki's body. I was truly hoping for a different outcome. Prayers to her whole family.

As I understand it, LE

FIRST arrested DE, charging abduction
THEN (next day) found Nicole's body
and then TODAY arrested NK

So how did they know a) that he abducted her, b) where the body was?

We were told he was not talking, so did NK tell them where the body is? We assume she did, but why did they then not immediately arrest her but waited one day after finding the body to do so? It seems like she immediately spilled the beans, so why wait?

I think OntarioMom is right, PMs probably helped them zone in on him.

My understanding from all the articles is that they arrested him in the AM and found her body and charged him later that day.

Since the news articles have also said he hasn't been cooperating, my guess is they were able to find her body through his cell phone records or he used GPS.

If NK had told them, she would have been arrested same day IMO.

There are multiple meanings for a lot of things. I'd guess that just means "I guess." Plus, Urban Dictionary often has some incredibly obscure stuff that neither of these people would be using.

In case any of you followed the Gypsy Rose Blancharde case....LG is a term that was brought up and discussed in depth, in her relationship with Nick, as they both stated it on their FB pages.

I put together a quick map showing the location of where Nicole was last seen, the Virginia Tech campus, Rt 89 in NC, and the hometowns of both DE and NK. Does anybody know where she was found along Rt 89 in Surry county? If anybody has anything they want added. Please let me know.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.ka7xd-tCxjMI&usp=sharing

The map is zoomable and you can switch the base map between satellite and map view.

ETA: Found out that she found in Lowgap, NC and added that to the map. https://mtairynews.com/news/37340/missing-virginia-girl-found-dead-in-lowgap

Thanks very much , ClaireNC.

For those asking about motive:

I think the motive for why he went there could be very different from what drove him to kill her, if it was not intentional homicide. However, I am guessing they have evidence of it being intentional or they wouldn't have charged him so quickly with first degree murder. There are only three reasonable explanations for why he met up with Nichole:

1. Sexual/romantic
2. Pre-meditated murder
3. To help her run away

Motive to kill her then unfolds into many possibilities:

1. To cover up a crime ie rape, etc
2. Because he wanted to
3. To please someone else

Well, my first love was 18 and I was 14.
I was a "child", but he was it too!
No way I would call him "phedofilis"
The point here is the murder, and it's enough bad.

Here too. I was 13 and he was 18 and we were madly in love. We were together for 2 years, all parents consenting. It was never sexual (no penetrative sex, although kissing and cuddling happened, of course). It was a good and nourishing relationship for me!

This poor child and her family. What a tragedy! But as the parent of a college freshman, I can't help but think of the suspects' families as well. Can you imagine raising your child and being so proud of their athletic/artistic/academic accomplishments? You send them off to a great school! Imagine sending your son to a great Engineering program and a great university to study and compete in NCAA athletics! And now....this. Three families devastated

For those asking about motive:

I think the motive for why he went there could be very different from what drove him to kill her, if it was not intentional homicide. However, I am guessing they have evidence of it being intentional or they wouldn't have charged him so quickly with first degree murder. There are only three reasonable explanations for why he met up with Nichole:

1. Sexual/romantic
2. Pre-meditated murder
3. To help her run away

Motive to kill her then unfolds into many possibilities:

1. To cover up a crime ie rape, etc
2. Because he wanted to
3. To please someone else

I think we will hear the usual, raped and strangled :(

I've just been reading about this case. It is very tragic that Nichole has lost her life and it was cut short far too soon. It is terrible that two promising young adults have thrown their future away to commit evil. I can never understand cases like this one and others like the Heather Elvis case with a couple involved together it's just shocking and very disturbing.

R.I.P Nichole Lovell

Standing rule in this family: the girls don't even DATE until 16. Group stuff with friends, sure. One-on-one dating? Not a chance.

Have they all followed the rule? Of course not - but they all came pretty close. Juggling puberty and junior high, then high school and part time jobs and life in general at that age is complicated enough, the last thing kids need is the baggage of a romantic relationship to make it even more complicated. Yeah, I'm the mean mom, lol. Some of my adult kids have thanked me for it though, so I'm okay with that.

Thinking outside the box a little, but what if Nichole and the young man had agreed to meet, she deliberately didn't tell him about her medical issues because she wanted to be treated like a "normal" girl? She was afraid he'd reject her if he knew she was medically dependent.

He meets her at her window, they go somewhere to "party". He gives her alcohol.

TOTALLY SPECULATING, OBV.

IF this happened, what would alcohol do to a 13 year old girl with a transplanted liver? Could she have died that first night from alcohol?

None of this speculation in any way excuses him from any of his actions, at all, but I could see how IF she died - or became seriously ill - as a result of drinking, he would be charged with murder. And how the female would be charged with interfering with a corpse in the panic after she died.

IDK, just perhaps a counter to the SA situation.

Standing rule in this family: the girls don't even DATE until 16. Group stuff with friends, sure. One-on-one dating? Not a chance.

Have they all followed the rule? Of course not - but they all came pretty close. Juggling puberty and junior high, then high school and part time jobs and life in general at that age is complicated enough, the last thing kids need is the baggage of a romantic relationship to make it even more complicated. Yeah, I'm the mean mom, lol. Some of my adult kids have thanked me for it though, so I'm okay with that.

Yes yes and yes!

And I want my daughter to have the self esteem to know she doesn't need some loser behind a computer screen to give her approval by judging her selfie.

I am just incredibly sad that she was playing with fire and didn't really understand what she was getting herself into.

If he's old enough to die in Iraq. Then he is too old to date your 13 year old daughter. Jmo

I'm sorry, that makes me sad. I'm really, really sad about 18 year old boys (and they are boys, they aren't old enough to drink legally) dying in Iraq. They aren't near old enough to rent a car, and few hotels will rent to them because they're too young to be responsible. To say if he's old enough to be sent to his death overseas to fight for the country, he's too old to date your daughter just seems . . . sad.

Add that to the fact that 18 year olds, in the past generations and for thousands of years before that, did in fact date and marry 13 year olds makes the simple crime of dating them seem kind of odd.

(Obviously this doesn't apply in this case, killing the girl is a completely different thing and doesn't apply at all).

I would say the opposite - if at 18 he's old enough to be sent to die in Iraq, he's old enough to date your daughter. See where that lands with the lawmakers and warmongers.

This just breaks my heart.

From her mother:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5bdeca-c83a-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

It looks like the people in school who bullied her succeeded beyond their wildest dreams: because of their bullying Nichole fled to internet chat rooms where she met this crazy--instead of being socially involved with other people her own age.

Reposting from your quote above because some words in blue do not come forward in quoted replies:

From her mother:

“She was a typical student,” Weeks said. “She didn’t like going to school because she was bullied. She was telling me that girls were saying she was fat and talking about her scars from her transplant.”

Nicole often cried to stay home from school, her mother said. “We discussed it with teachers, but it got worse. It got so bad I wouldn’t send her.”

But the bullying, her mother said, continued on social media. “They can’t control those kids on social media,” Weeks said.

Weeks said she was told that her daughter met Eisenhauer online a few weeks ago. “That’s all I know,” she said. “It was some off-the-wall site I never heard of.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c2f_story.html

I've just realized that Nicole's name might be misspelled on this thread. All of the news articles have her name spelled as Nicole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member