VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would be connected but they were two lovers that were "parking" in the rural area and they were found murdered...shot both of them. Never arrested anyone. But that was way before he came here to BBURG

Ah thank you. I will go and read up on that case.

I agree, but she was a student in the middle school. The elementary school was close to campus and I was indicating I was wondering if he mentored at that school or possibly the middle school... all are close to campus

Thanks, sometimes the elementary and middle schools are mixed, K thru 8, etc. What grade was she in? Was she behind at all due to her medical condition?

Point I was getting at is he had no business with her from the beginning.

I think by LE saying they knew each other prior to her abduction, they probably mean they had talked online. They may have met up before, who knows, but it is more likely they just talked online. He would have been on winter break December 9-January 4 at VT. And then there was the huge snowstorm. Though they may have met before then, who knows.

I know, all this happening in this college town and I sat last night and counted how many in the 11 years i worked at the university.
The Cho murders (32), (injured 17)....the girl who was decapitated at a coffee shop on campus, a policeman on the trail that runs through campus, another police officer who was executed while sitting in his car in a parking lot, The Childs/Metzler murders, the Morgan Harrington murder, the cadet that murdered her love interest because she didn't reciprocate. Then this one...I feel that there are some I am missing. These are too many though all in 11 years!! That's a count of 40 alone! That alone averages at 3.6 a year. WAY too many.

Oh wait, actually, he would have been on winter break until January 19! That's a long stretch. December 9-January 4. Usually the dorms are closed on break so he was probably at home.

Thanks, sometimes the elementary and middle schools are mixed, K thru 8, etc. What grade was she in? Was she behind at all due to her medical condition?

Point I was getting at is he had no business with her from the beginning.

7th grade.

I think by LE saying they knew each other prior to her abduction, they probably mean they had talked online. They may have met up before, who knows, but it is more likely they just talked online. He would have been on winter break December 9-January 4 at VT. And then there was the huge snowstorm. Though they may have met before then, who knows.

may be like I said we may never really know. Sad in any case

So, did he intend to kill her? First degree murder charges....

Or, did he just freak out suddenly and not let her leave alive? What happened exactly?

I have read somewhere possibly some other SM was involved. I have read KIK and some other one

I really think the "boyfriend" she broke up with and posted about on IG was not who he said he was. On one of her IG posts someone tells Nicole that he's a liar and she ignores it. Then a friend tells Nicole she doesn't want to speak to her anymore because she won't stop talking with this supposed boyfriend who is 19 and a "pedophile" (the friend's words). Later this "boyfriend" calls Nicole ugly and doesn't care when she says she's going to kill herself. His profile looks fake to me (tons of the same pictures over and over again) and he posted his phone number publicly. I googled it and it led me to a man in his 50's living in SC. Granted the man could have changed his phone number and/or a son could be using it. But I'm wondering if Nicole knew who anyone really was and/or if certain people had more than one profile and were pretending to be multiple people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, all this happening in this college town and I sat last night and counted how many in the 11 years i worked at the university.
The Cho murders (32), (injured 17)....the girl who was decapitated at a coffee shop on campus, a policeman on the trail that runs through campus, another police officer who was executed while sitting in his car in a parking lot, The Childs/Metzler murders, the Morgan Harrington murder, the cadet that murdered her love interest because she didn't reciprocate. Then this one...I feel that there are some I am missing. These are too many though all in 11 years!! That's a count of 40 alone! That alone averages at 3.6 a year. WAY too many.

We've seen a lot of cases out of your state, Hannah Graham, Alexis Murphy...

I get what you're saying, but I meant that instead of partying with booze they could have used drugs or DE might have slipped Nicole drugs without her knowledge. Not that he drugged her to abduct her. :)

(if drugs were used at all. That was pure speculation and :cow: )

Yes I agree, its hard to say how and what just went down. Poor girl didn't see it coming I am sure.

yeah that may be how they met IDK but I do know first hand that Tech sends students to the local schools to run after school programs. I would be interested to know if he was one. Might never know. The elementary school she went to is bordering the Tech campus.

If he was a "mentor" in one of these programs, I believe that information will come out.

I was one of those kids, younger, but dating much older guys. I wasn't interested in guys until around 15, which compared to kids these days, makes me old, lol. But I tried dating guys my age, and couldn't handle the immaturity. After that, until I was married, I only dated older guys. When I was 16, I dated a 23 year old. All of my friends were 21+. I was wild, going out windows, etc. My poor parents and the hell I put them through. I moved out at 16, and had my own apartment (in a legal age friend's name), my own car, and 2 jobs. I paid all of my own bills, and most of the time, my friends forgot how old I was. It was the grace of God and my parents upbringing (before I went off the deep end) that I never got into worse trouble.

My daughter is 10, and I try my best to know what she's doing online, and what's going on. I create all her accounts, and only I know the password. She's locked down in adding new apps, and can't access the Internet from her phone. If she shows an interest in using our laptops, I'll be sure to add the programs that make it safer for her, and, unbeknownst to her, a keystroke recording program. I'll be damned if my kid ends up in these chat rooms.

Poor Nicole, and all the other kids out there like her. It hurts my heart to think of the danger they're putting themselves into, without even knowing what they're doing.

I really think the "boyfriend" she broke up with and posted about on IG was not who he said he was. On one of her IG posts someone tells Nicole that he's a liar and she ignores it. Then a friend tells Nicole she doesn't want to speak to her anymore because she won't stop talking with this supposed boyfriend who is 19 and a "pedophile" (the friend's words). Later this "boyfriend" calls Nicole ugly and doesn't care when she says she's going to kill herself. His profile looks fake to me (tons of the same pictures over and over again) and he posted his phone number publicly. I googled it and it led me to a man in his 50's living in SC. Granted the man could have changed his phone number and/or a son could be using it. But I'm wondering if Nicole knew who anyone really was and/or if certain people had more than one profile and were pretending to be multiple people.

Yes I seen some of those profiles and <modsnip> was really creepy and he wore a mask in his profile pic.

So, did he intend to kill her? First degree murder charges....

Or, did he just freak out suddenly and not let her leave alive? What happened exactly?

First degree murder doesn't have to mean premeditation. It can be a death that happened in the commission of another felony. So if I am interpreting the statute correctly, if she died while in his "custody" (aka after she was kidnapped) even if she went willingly, that would be murder. We don't know if he actually killed her with his own hands or if she died while in his custody. That is, I think, what will tell us the most information in the coming weeks. If she died while with him because of a medical emergency, this dude is stupid for potentially getting involved (maybe attempting to sexually assault?) with a minor, and he is probably evil on some level, but not as evil as if he set out to sexually assault & kill her and succeeded in doing that and in getting a friend to hide the body. JMO

I bet a bunch of guys on these sites are not who they claim they are. Total predatorial catfishing.

If he was a "mentor" in one of these programs, I believe that information will come out.

I was one of those kids, younger, but dating much older guys. I wasn't interested in guys until around 15, which compared to kids these days, makes me old, lol. But I tried dating guys my age, and couldn't handle the immaturity. After that, until I was married, I only dated older guys. When I was 16, I dated a 23 year old. All of my friends were 21+. I was wild, going out windows, etc. My poor parents and the hell I put them through. I moved out at 16, and had my own apartment (in a legal age friend's name), my own car, and 2 jobs. I paid all of my own bills, and most of the time, my friends forgot how old I was. It was the grace of God and my parents upbringing (before I went off the deep end) that I never got into worse trouble.

My daughter is 10, and I try my best to know what she's doing online, and what's going on. I create all her accounts, and only I know the password. She's locked down in adding new apps, and can't access the Internet from her phone. If she shows an interest in using our laptops, I'll be sure to add the programs that make it safer for her, and, unbeknownst to her, a keystroke recording program. I'll be damned if my kid ends up in these chat rooms.

Poor Nicole, and all the other kids out there like her. It hurts my heart to think of the danger they're putting themselves into, without even knowing what they're doing.

I am really hoping he wasn't a mentor at a school. My step granddaughter goes to her school and she has heard students talking about Nicole before they found her deceased. I know they are sending extra support at the school tomorrow and I hope that they all can get to talk it out to make them more aware. My daughter and her husband don't allow her to get online without them right in the same room for HOMEWORK only. She is monitored close when she is with them. Which I am glad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member