GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this video it says, "she went to sleep with her son nearby." The trailer is not THAT big. Nearby could mean the bedroom or the couch, IMO.
Still no indication she went back to bed. LE stated she was sleeping when he disappeared, but no one has said where she was before taking her husband to work that morning. I am only trying to stop rumors before they start.

Still no indication she went back to bed. LE stated she was sleeping when he disappeared, but no one has said where she was before taking her husband to work that morning. I am only trying to stop rumors before they start.

Oh, no! I provided that link because I totally agreed with you and thought you made a good point. I was trying to back you up :loveyou:

The earlier timeline does make me wonder more about him getting his days confused and heading to the bus stop alone. If someone that he knew or recognized took advantage of the situation by telling him that he missed the bus and offered to take him to school so that he wouldn't get in trouble he may very well have accepted the offer. I can see a child that age being really proud of them self for letting mom rest and getting to school all by himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know how far the pond is from the house? Is the one they searched the one to the left if you are looking out the back of the house?

I get what you both are saying but it doesn't seem likely that LE made up the detail about Mom seeing Noah watching tv about 9:30 before laying back down. That had been the story from day 1 and now we discover that Noah was actually unattended for 3 hours.

Maybe she thought he would be found quickly and was afraid of losing the baby if she admitted how long she had been asleep so she wasn't completely honest on day 1 but decided to come clean now that he is still missing. I'm not saying that she is guilty of anything but it does change things.

I think that's exactly it. You do see parents who horribly lose a child to an accident who at first fudge about how long the child was actually left unattended - parents of babies in bathtubs say they were out of the room for one minute when it was 15, parents of kids who wander into ponds say they saw them 15 minutes prior when in fact they hadn't seen them for a couple hours, etc. I sense she didn't want to admit that Noah was unsupervised for 3 hours instead of one.

And I know there are people who say they napped with preschoolers, but IMHO going back to bed at 7:30 and getting up at 10:35 when you have a 5 year old in the home who has been awake and dressed for 3 hours is legally considered neglect.

That does definitely change things. i thought she woke up and saw him him watching tv still and went back to sleep for another hour or so?? is that now false information? How did the story change? Did the mother change her story?
It was a Facebook rumor and unsubstantiated by LE to my knowledge. (Remember LE is saying social media people are putting out "fabrications" so we must be careful what we believe from those sites.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Pulaski-22-March-2015&p=11614626#post11614626

The earlier timeline does make me wonder more about him getting his days confused and heading to the bus stop alone. If someone that he knew or recognized took advantage of the situation by telling him that he missed the bus and offered to take him to school so that he wouldn't get in trouble he may very well have accepted the offer. I can see a child that age being really proud of them self for letting mom rest and getting to school all by himself.

I wonder if his backpack is also missing. No mention of that though?

I think that's exactly it. You do see parents who horribly lose a child to an accident who at first fudge about how long the child was actually left unattended - parents of babies in bathtubs say they were out of the room for one minute when it was 15, parents of kids who wander into ponds say they saw them 15 minutes prior when in fact they hadn't seen them for a couple hours, etc. I sense she didn't want to admit that Noah was unsupervised for 3 hours instead of one.

And I know there are people who say they napped with preschoolers, but IMHO going back to bed at 7:30 and getting up at 10:35 when you have a 5 year old in the home who has been awake and dressed for 3 hours is legally considered neglect.
Could you point me to where it is stated she didn't go to sleep until 9:30 or so? And where it is stated she went "back to bed"? We need to keep these things straight and I am digging, but not finding those mentioned anywhere to back them up as factual information.

I get what you both are saying but it doesn't seem likely that LE made up the detail about Mom seeing Noah watching tv about 9:30 before laying back down. That had been the story from day 1 and now we discover that Noah was actually unattended for 3 hours.

Maybe she thought he would be found quickly and was afraid of losing the baby if she admitted how long she had been asleep so she wasn't completely honest on day 1 but decided to come clean now that he is still missing. I'm not saying that she is guilty of anything but it does change things.

No one said LE is making stuff up. This happens in every single case I've been part of on WS - info is vague in the beginning and then gets more specific. It happens. I can think of a number of different scenarios of things the mom said and the way LE then chose to share it during the press conference. Maybe in the next press conference things will be refined still further - this happens as well.

The last major missing persons investigation I was discussing here was the Leanne Bearden disappearance. The "official" info changed constantly. When the full story was finally revealed after they found her body, it all made sense and you could backtrack through the different statements and understand why they were made. I don't know - it does seem like the more accurate the info (did the person have 2 hours to walk, or 30 minutes? it makes a difference!) the better able people would be able to help, but the early info never seems to be that accurate regardless.

Just watched the presser. He said they took Dad to work at 7, came home and Mom went to sleep (he didn't give a time) and woke up at 10:35 and noticed Noah missing. A reporter asked a question I couldn't hear and he answered yes. Is this where the new timeline info is coming from - the reporter's question? What was the question

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

If you read back on page 4, LE said at press conference child was last seen at 9/930. Mom woke at 1030 and he was gone. To me, that means the story has changed and now it was around 730 that he was last seen. I remember reading it reported that way early on, but now, articles have been updated to reflect 730. Big difference in how far away he could be or what a neighbor leaving for work around 730 might have seen(unfamiliar person, car, etc). Not blaming anyone, just stating someone could have seen something that didn't match earlier timeline and maybe can help now.

If you read back on page 4, LE said at press conference child was last seen at 9/930. Mom woke at 1030 and he was gone. To me, that means the story has changed and now it was around 730 that he was last seen. I remember reading it reported that way early on, but now, articles have been updated to reflect 730. Big difference in how far away he could be or what a neighbor leaving for work around 730 might have seen(unfamiliar person, car, etc). Not blaming anyone, just stating someone could have seen something that didn't match earlier timeline and maybe can help now.

Can you point me to a news article that says she fell asleep at 7:30? I didn't get that impression from the presser unless it came from the reporter's question I couldn't hear. TIA!

I wonder if his backpack is also missing. No mention of that though?

I wondered if he carried one but in the pic of him wearing the Batman shirt he appears to have a bag with red straps on. Something drew him out of the house. I hope we don't have another Jessica Ridgeway or Jenise Wright (amongst countless others) situation.
Thinking back to Sandra Cantu, it was Sunday so could he have accepted a ride to church with the wrong person? I wish we knew what his normal routine was.

Do we know how far away Dad's job is? Also, it was reported early on that they have a video of them confirming taking Dad to work. Any more details about this?

Your off to school theory is one of the first things I have read that would make sense of him heading out alone, with jacket on. Particularly if he goes to school on other days after dropping dad off at work. Gives me hope.

Can you point me to a news article that says she fell asleep at 7:30? I didn't get that impression from the presser unless it came from the reporter's question I couldn't hear. TIA!

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/tim...ighting-and-start-of-search-critical/31990582

Read the update at top ...

And in article :
The reporting of the timeline surrounding Noah Thomas' disappearance has changed since Sunday morning. Anthony Akers with Pulaski County confirmed Tuesday night that Noah was last seen Sunday morning in the seven o'clock hour. Noah's mother noticed he was missing around 10:30 a.m., and crews began the search at 11 a.m.

So story has changed.

I wondered if he carried one but in the pic of him wearing the Batman shirt he appears to have a bag with red straps on. Something drew him out of the house. I hope we don't have another Jessica Ridgeway or Jenise Wright (amongst countless others) situation.
Thinking back to Sandra Cantu, it was Sunday so could he have accepted a ride to church with the wrong person? I wish we knew what his normal routine was.

I grew up in VA and K was half-day (morning or afternoon) and it was for my nieces also. Is K now full-day?

Your off to school theory is one of the first things I have read that would make sense of him heading out alone, with jacket on. Particularly if he goes to school on other days after dropping dad off at work. Gives me hope.

I think a backpack may be the problem with that theory unless mom hasn't even noticed because it is normally kept in a closet or something on weekends or he wasn't reliable about remembering it.
What about a church bus?

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/tim...ighting-and-start-of-search-critical/31990582

Read the update at top ...

And in article :
The reporting of the timeline surrounding Noah Thomas' disappearance has changed since Sunday morning. Anthony Akers with Pulaski County confirmed Tuesday night that Noah was last seen Sunday morning in the seven o'clock hour. Noah's mother noticed he was missing around 10:30 a.m., and crews began the search at 11 a.m.

So story has changed.

Wonder who has changed the story here...is it simply clarification on LE's part or has mom changed the story? If it's mom, that is a little suspicious IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413