GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only real benefit to going on camera would be getting more media coverage for the case. I just saw this case so I don't really know how much media it is getting. A search for Noah Thomas brings up a few local articles on the first page, but it doesn't seem like it's gotten to the point that (almost) everyone in the immediate area would have heard of Noah's disappearance?

And now a search of a landfill ... I'm with you ... Makes me nervous. Something just isn't adding up. No pleas from parents .. Why?? Sure I'd be blubbering and crying my eyes out, but I'd do it regardless of people's opinions of me and napping.

Searching the landfill is, to me, an indicator of what LE is thinking. This must be incredibly difficult for the mom to be going through - my heart goes out to her. Especially if she is dealing with her missing son on top of postpartum depression. I don't know if she has PPD, but it's so common with a baby. I had it and my emotions were magnified. KWIM?

These parents absolutely need to speak to the media. We've seen the difference it makes here at WS. Parents have to do whatever it takes!!

It'd be nice to know what the normal routine was in the house. If during the week they drop PT off at work, then return home Noah heads to school (how????) and mom lays down to nap, I could certainly buy that Noah went out to meet the bus. Wouldn't it pick him up at the end of the driveway? Does someone else pick him up? Neighbor? Friend? Maybe Noah headed out to meet his ride to school. Not taking a backpack isn't alarming to me since my 5 y/o doesn't remember his half the time by half the time, I mean ever, he only takes it if I grab it and put it in the car.

I'm frustrated to find out the last time he was seen was 7:30, that's a game changer.

Every day I come here expecting to see him found safe, but yet here we are..3 or 4 days later and nothing. Maybe it's time for law enforcement to come clean with what they know and don't know. Right now I have very little faith in regards to his safety.

It'd be nice to know what the normal routine was in the house. If during the week they drop PT off at work, then return home Noah heads to school (how????) and mom lays down to nap, I could certainly buy that Noah went out to meet the bus. Wouldn't it pick him up at the end of the driveway? Does someone else pick him up? Neighbor? Friend? Maybe Noah headed out to meet his ride to school. Not taking a backpack isn't alarming to me since my 5 y/o doesn't remember his half the time by half the time, I mean ever, he only takes it if I grab it and put it in the car.

I'm frustrated to find out the last time he was seen was 7:30, that's a game changer.

Agreed. I hate to think where this is all leading. I really wish the parents would show their faces and let us hear from them. I know I would be a mess if my child was missing. I would do anything I could to get this out there.

I think the only real benefit to going on camera would be getting more media coverage for the case. I just saw this case so I don't really know how much media it is getting. A search for Noah Thomas brings up a few local articles on the first page, but it doesn't seem like it's gotten to the point that (almost) everyone in the immediate area would have heard of Noah's disappearance?

I've been surprised at how little local coverage there has been. I noticed the pics on FB Sunday & Monday but I didn't realize that Noah was local until my best friend brought him up at a soccer game Monday evening. I have not seen the town or county police post about him on their FB pages. It is really odd for this area. When Eric Smith first went missing it was all over Southwest Virginia and LE from all around made the effort to be here and assist in any way possible. To not see the same reaction for a missing child is startling and it makes me wonder if LE knows something that makes them think that the additional assistance and attention is unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read a post somewhere, possibly the FB page, from another parent that said her son was the same age as Noah and that they sat together on the bus so I assume the he rides the bus at least part of the time. I would also expect that the bus picks him up at the end of the driveway.
In our district, and I'm close to 2 hours away, a child in 2nd grade or below can not be at the bus stop without a parent or a sibling in grade 4 or higher. I wonder what the rules are in Pulaski County.

I've been surprised at how little local coverage there has been. I noticed the pics on FB Sunday & Monday but I didn't realize that Noah was local until my best friend brought him up at a soccer game Monday evening. I have not seen the town or county police post about him on their FB pages. It is really odd for this area. When Eric Smith first went missing it was all over Southwest Virginia and LE from all around made the effort to be here and assist in any way possible.
To not see the same reaction for a missing child is startling and it makes me wonder if LE knows something that makes them think that the additional assistance and attention is unnecessary.

Sadly, the circumstances of this disappearance, reminds me of Mikaeel Kumar in Scotland. The story was that the 3 year old had disappeared from home in the middle of the night/early morning, with mum saying that he'd got dressed and must have let himself out of the front door. Sadly, and no surprise to most on here, mum had killed him. He'd been beaten over a day or two and died of his injuries. She'd dumped him in a suitcase before calling the police and telling that story.

When I say it reminds me of that case, I mean the circumstances - a small boy last seen by his mother, disappearing from home when everyone else was asleep, with nobody outside the home seeing him on the streets. I'm not suggesting the same thing happened, just that the case has exactly the same scenario with regards the details coming out about the circumstances of the disappearance.

Lets hope this one ends differently.

I can't imagine how much grief they are feeling either but right now their grief isn't helping anyone, least of all Noah.

If you believe this you must also believe that they are involved in Noah's disappearance, otherwise why would it be so important for them to be on television. None of us (I hope) have ever been involved in something so horrendous so we don't know what we would do. I feel like a lot of what I'm reading is that the parents know something and the sooner they talk the sooner Noah will be found. IIRC, Jenise Wrights mother didn't go on tv to plead for her return and when the dad did talk everything he said was analysed to death. Some thought they were horrible parents and the dad had some accusations in the past so did he molest his daughter and kill her? When Jenise's body was found and a neighbor kid was arrested nobody went back and said , "sorry, my bad".

If we're frustrated without info, think what the family is going through. If they did have anything to do with Noah's disappearance I will be the first one to throw that stone but as it is now, they are victims.

JMO. MOO

Regarding the landfill...

I hate to type this, because I don't want to ever associate a child with trash, but I wonder what day trash pick up is in that neighborhood.

If you believe this you must also believe that they are involved in Noah's disappearance, otherwise why would it be so important for them to be on television. None of us (I hope) have ever been involved in something so horrendous so we don't know what we would do. I feel like a lot of what I'm reading is that the parents know something and the sooner they talk the sooner Noah will be found. IIRC, Jenise Wrights mother didn't go on tv to plead for her return and when the dad did talk everything he said was analysed to death. Some thought they were horrible parents and the dad had some accusations in the past so did he molest his daughter and kill her? When Jenise's body was found and a neighbor kid was arrested nobody went back and said , "sorry, my bad".

If we're frustrated without info, think what the family is going through. If they did have anything to do with Noah's disappearance I will be the first one to throw that stone but as it is now, they are victims.

JMO. MOO

No, I don't believe that they are involved. The drastic change to the timeline worries me but I think that can likely be explained by a mother that was terrified of being judged, blamed and losing her infant if she admitted that Noah had been unattended for 3 hours. It was a reckless lie but I don't think she ever dreamed that he would still be missing 4 days later.
As I said before the hard truth is that when the public starts looking towards the parents they stop looking for a live child. When the parents have stayed completely out of sight for 4 days it is to be expected that people will start to ask what they are hiding and nobody benefits from that except the possible kidnapper.

As far as Jenise goes, I said then and I still believe that her parents should have been charged. Their neglect made Jenise an easy target. I also don't believe that a child molester (and he had convictions not just accusations) should ever be allowed in a home with children again. What happened to that poor child was beyond horrible and that horror existed before her death.

I hate to type this, because I don't want to ever associate a child with trash, but I wonder what day trash pick up is in that neighborhood.

I hope they sort through everyone's trash- including the 2 RSO's down the street. moo

I am wondering if he started to walk towards his school, thinking he missed the bus. Unfortunately, I don't believe he.... Can't even type it. I hope they can find him soon. I don't care if the parents make a statement or not. They may not be all that sophisticated or media savvy and anything they say will be picked apart, like in the Ysabel Solis case. IMO

Exactly why would LE not want volunteers to help search? Am I missing something?

There has been some confusion about the timeline in which Noah went missing. In Wednesday's news conference, Akers said that the boy's mother dropped the father off at work around 7 a.m. on Sunday. She says she came home and fell asleep, and discovered Noah was missing around 10:35 a.m. She searched for Noah herself, and called 911 shortly after 11 a.m.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/search-for-5yearold-noah-thomas-enters-third-day/31988010
This doesn't surprise me. I wonder if the entire family was seen on video or just Mom and Dad, or what? Reason I ask, as horrible as it sounds, some people will leave kids home alone if they are asleep, and pick up spouse or drop off spouse. I've even see parents that work different shifts, and the child or children are left alone between when one spouse goes to work, and one comes home. It happens, and was happening before the economy took a decline.

I actually turned in my own sister and brother in law for that over 20yrs ago.

I'm very concerned for little Noah as everyone is. Police state looking for a live child, but I don't know of live children that play in a landfill. :tantrum:

Holding onto hope for this little one. We had another case here awhile back. A little girl, and the temps were freezing cold that night, and she didn't have a coat or shoes, yet she survived, and was found alive! Even doctors were baffled but she was found after a long search in a heavily forested national forest!!

We're waiting for you little one!!! Please come home safely!

I'm not sure of the time. But I know not everyone uses Trash day pick up. Some haul there trash off themselves. Some live to far back in the woods and trash pick up day is out of limits so they are responsible for disposing of there own trash. I live about 30 minutes away from Dublin.

Exactly why would LE not want volunteers to help search? Am I missing something?

I've always assumed it must be because either:

They don't want people inadvertently destroying evidence.
They don't want people putting themselves at risk (so no searching in areas where people might become trapped or get injured for example)
They don't want untrained volunteers finding something that would be traumatic to them.
They know exactly what they are looking for and don't want the public involved at that time.

I assumed that police only use volunteers to search when they realistically believe the person to be alive, or are looking for specific items, not a person.
Or they allow a search in an area they know to be unconnected, to keep people away from the real places of interest.

Just my ideas, could all be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member