GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 50 agencies involved, local state and federal. There are multiple directions this is going, investigative, as well as searching for Noah. Over 1000 people. 7 square miles have been covered, and it's expanded. Dog teams out , road side searches, ground searches, helicopters, ponds/rivers commacity to search but didn't have they had searched.

**Note trying to type what I hear on the conference***

Equine searchers are being used, and focused areas being searched now. Lots of volunteer SAR being used. Will ramp back up and pull them back in as they have need for.

Children do wander. Statistics say 3-4 miles away, so are they are trying to search. Can't comment on criminal element. Won't comment on investigative effort.

**I can't hear reporters questions**

All possibilities and scenerios being considered and have been from teh beginning. Nothing significant has been found, or could be eliminated as possibility at this point.

Parents providing information to investigation, doing everything they can for the investigation.

We all are sharing information to make this happen.

We're trying to keep public informed that they are in the area, and effort will continue forward.

Barns/sheds, but can't comment on if homes that have been searched.
Take into consideration a place a 5yr old could hide, or could fit. Hasn't been helpful so far.

Searchers calling out for him, and being visible for him. Lights on in homes, and large lights at night to hopefully help him.

No leads at this particular moment.

Helicopters used, not antiscipating drones at this point, but can if they need to. Helicopters had good views, lots of fields, clear skies, and felt comfortable they searched well.

Parents have to feel comfortable to coem to media, and that's up to them and the Sheriff.

Today's a very busy day, this guy is only talking because he was the one to get away from the search for a bit to update.

Appealing to public report anything from Sunday or last days, anything you feel out of place, or feel could be important.

I know you don't make very many comments, but I've always respected and enjoyed hearing your thoughts and comments on cases, so I'd like to know what you think is going on here. You can reply here or PM. Very interested in your thoughts Stormy. :)

Thanks you much los! I also like the comments you make and your tireless efforts on posting new threads. That does not go un-noticed by me, so thank you so much for that.

Now, as for Noah. I thought that he may have slipped out and decided to take a walk. It happens. I admit it happened to me when my son was about 2. We found out the hard way not only could he finally reach the deadbolt lock, he also knew how to use it! So with my husband sound asleep in one chair, I was sound asleep on the couch. My son was SUPPOSE to be sound asleep at the other end of the couch. I put him there so I would feel him crawl over my legs and feet and it would wake me up. The little stinker grew wings and flew that day because I swear I didn't feel him get up at all! He opened that deadbolt and was GONE! My hubbs and I woke up to the neighbor (God bless her) bringing him back. He had made it 2 blocks over and went to her house. GAHHHH!!! I will try not to make a huge story out of this. We thanked her up and down and kissed him up and down. He was fine. Not a single scratch. So, knowing a 2 year old went as quick as he did, well I wonder how fast a 5 year old goes? I really think he started out on his own, for whatever reason and then ran into some not so nice people. That is the only thing that keeps popping into mind. Someone took him. Wrong place, right time type of thing. It just makes my heart ache because it could of easily been my son or your son, ya know? Sorry for making this so long ya'll!! I just think he fell into the wrong hands. Praying hard he gets home safe.

Thanks for the recap. Was looking for the presser at 2PM and didn't see it. Thought I had missed it (had already happened) and didn't realize it was late or had been pushed back.

I'm honestly concerned about him wearing a camo jacket. He would not be easy to spot.

If you look at the FB page there are pics and it isn't a typical camo jacket. It actually has some neon yellow on it, including the lining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paraphrasing from presser:

More thorough and detailed search today.
Not asking for volunteers at this time. Professionals handling it right now. If volunteers show up, they are being asked to go to fairgrounds. Too many volunteers can complicate search.
No amber alert at this time.
RSO's are being looked at
I THINK he said parents are wanting to talk to media and they will be working on that
They have pulled video from surveillance cameras and didn't see anything other than family at a store which confirmed what he was wearing
Asking volunteers to call first and they will be given a date that they might be needed
80-100 volunteers out in groups of 4-7
May give another presser later today

Here it is from 2nd presser.

how far can a 5 year old go really?

They can go a whole lot further than one would expect! A lot depends on weather conditions. What he is wearing, like shoes. Toddlers have amazing amounts of energy. I really does depend on the actual toddler, but most can really scoot if there are interesting things they would like to see!!

It was stated she went to a store. They didn't say walmart but the wording left it and option.

I feel horrible for the parents and I feel even worse that people are questioning the parents for not speaking to the media. I am sure every moment they are just hoping for news for their son.

I believe the scaled down search and the lack of requesting a large scale search ongoing search IS an indication of investigation have some lead. This morning presser flounders back and forth on the issue and in the end the speaker did say there were leads (valid ones) although he tried really hard to distract from that with the rumor and the anti social media speech . Noah's facebook is not being updated so I think that LE put a end to they like they did in Bethany Deckers case.
The search of the landfill could be to check neighbors trash or for certain items that were picked up at the walmart that morning or some other missing item from the home.

We just dont know. I am confident they do not think he walked into the woods. This case is very different than cases like the other ones. JMO.

Also these rumors they keep mentioning. I have not see any rumors ,I am guessing it is all the locals stuff? I dont want to know what they are but LE says the social media rumors are interfering and I think it is weird as I have seen cases where the drama is rampant but I have not seen it here,other then the links to other cases (which are not rumors) Has anyway saw a huge rumor issue?

Also these rumors they keep mentioning. I have not see any rumors ,I am guessing it is all the locals stuff? I dont want to know what they are but LE says the social media rumors are interfering and I think it is weird as I have seen cases where the drama is rampant but I have not seen it here,other then the links to other cases (which are not rumors) Has anyway saw a huge rumor issue?
I was thinking the same thing during the presser. They must be good at squashing such rumors because I have been stalking his FB page and haven't seen anything!

It was stated she went to a store. They didn't say walmart but the wording left it and option.

I feel horrible for the parents and I feel even worse that people are questioning the parents for not speaking to the media. I am sure every moment they are just hoping for news for their son.

I believe the scaled down search and the lack of requesting a large scale search ongoing search IS an indication of investigation have some lead. This morning presser flounders back and forth on the issue and in the end the speaker did say there were leads (valid ones) although he tried really hard to distract from that with the rumor and the anti social media speech . Noah's facebook is not being updated so I think that LE put a end to they like they did in Bethany Deckers case.
The search of the landfill could be to check neighbors trash or for certain items that were picked up at the walmart that morning or some other missing item from the home.

We just dont know. I am confident they do not think he walked into the woods. This case is very different than cases like the other ones. JMO.

I'm not seeing the rumors either and I've been pretty active about reading the FB pages. Aside from the links to Tara Munsey murder and the attempted abduction in 2012 all that I can recall is the usual shots taken at the parents and we see that in every case.

Honestly, the aunt has done a commendable job at squashing the rumors. She hasn't hid her identity and it is clear that she loves her nephew a great deal. If there were legit doubts about either parent I don't think that she would protect them at the cost of her nephew.

If you look at the FB page there are pics and it isn't a typical camo jacket. It actually has some neon yellow on it, including the lining.

I did see the pictures of the jacket, it is still mostly green/browns and would blend quite easily with grass, dirt, and trees. Even non-realistic camo (like the skull & crossbones on Noah's) provide enough camouflage to be effective in the woods. I have a 5 y/o with plenty of camo and it only took once of him wearing camo when camping for us to realize it was a bad idea. It is incredibly hard to see against nature.

Yeah ... some thoughts on this.

First I COMPLETELY agree about the parents. Until there's evidence to believe they are involved, people ought to quit punishing them for not speaking out. I know that speaking out might help get attention to the case, but it seems like attention is not a problem right now. We want the parents to speak because we want information. That doesn't mean they should. We have no idea what evidence they have, or what kind of a state they are in.

I hope they have leads. If they thought he hadn't walked into the woods, confidently, why would they still be devoting such large resources to that effort? They've got a hundred people searching in 12 hour shifts. It DOES seem like if he was out there they would have found him by now, but I know they don't always. Devon Michael Davis - they found him just down the street from the house as they were calling the searchers in to end the search.

The rumors - I've noticed that too. On FB the friends are going positively nutty about the rumors and how they are damaging, but I also have not seen any rumors. Then LE got into it and asked people to stop the rumors. I have no idea what they are referring to.

Forgive me if this has been clarified but when they say his scent was lost at the end of the driveway, do they mean the driveway that leads to the road or is there another driveway to their trailer that is not visible on the map? That is a big difference IMO.

I did see the pictures of the jacket, it is still mostly green/browns and would blend quite easily with grass, dirt, and trees. Even non-realistic camo (like the skull & crossbones on Noah's) provide enough camouflage to be effective in the woods. I have a 5 y/o with plenty of camo and it only took once of him wearing camo when camping for us to realize it was a bad idea. It is incredibly hard to see against nature.

Sorry. My boys are older and neither has ever owned a camo item so I'm probably a really bad judge of how distinctive or effective it is. The bright yellow caught my attention because I have a soccer player and those bright colors are rampant on his team. B has cleats and a hoodie in that bright yellow and naturally he only believes in matching when the attire is an eye sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member