GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The just called her back yesterday? WTH??

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Yes.. she had spoken with them prior, but they called back to ask if she could pin down any specific days, times, events, and if he was properly attired for the weather, etc.

Trying so hard not to cry on the bus home.
Been trying to conceive for 2 years.
Life is not fair. Children should be taken care of. Loved on.
I feel so heartbroken. Please abusers please give your babies up when you can't do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. My. God. Sorry just jumping in here... have to go but will be back later. Am mainly marking my spot.

Poor Noah. Wish there was a way to rescue kids from difficult situations...every child DESERVES to be cared for and loved. EVERY child. :gaah:

:moo:

If you look at the jail inmate page, there are actually two sets of mugshots, I think. In the second set he looks much more worn down and older.

Yeh, I seen that now. The newer photos look like a different person.

Looking at AWs booking photo, I am thinking drugs. She looks sort of vacant.
There was mention of this early on too.
yep......the word that also popped to mind was.........indifferent

So do you guys think Noah was ever really missing?

Nope. he was placed in there, IMO.

Felony child abuse but no murder? That does not make sense. Unless it is not directly related to his death.

HOW HOW CAN PEOPLE ABUSE THEIR CHILDREN?

Hmm. Good question. If the abuse led to his death, they could charge them with felony murder and if they charge them with abuse/neglect without charging them with murder, double jeopardy would apply. So it seems that they don't have enough to conclude it is murder, unless they plan to amend the charges before trial.

If that is a possibility, then a smart defense attorney could have them plead guilty to the child abuse/neglect charges without warning, at an arraignment or whatever. That would preclude increasing the charges. So I hope that if they are going to increase the charges they act swiftly.

But we all know the clock starts ticking on speedy trial rights immediately, when a person is charged with murder, which is one reason such charges would not be made immediately. They have them in custody without bond now, so they may be buying themselves more time to solidify the charges, get their ducks in a row regarding evidence, before doing more.

If they had just waited and left the parents free without charging them with anything nor explaining what the case was about, there would've been a huge community uproar. So strategy is certainly at play here.

I am looking for more serious charges.

So it wasn't a tip after all? I have to say I'm very confused, on top of heartbroken!

I think there was a tip.

Life is not fair. Children should be taken care of
. Loved on.
I feel so heartbroken. Please abusers please give your babies up when you can't do it yourself.

I'm so sorry. You are right, life isn't fair. There are too many good people who can't have children, and too many monsters who don't deserve theirs.

I hope you get your wish one day soon x

For anyone who knows, what is the difference in Paul's two charges? F6 and A6?

He did, said it was Very reliable or strong tip. Not sure exact word, but he was adamant it was a trustworthy, IMO

Wonder if it was the parents and that made it reliable.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was "hard and credible tip" that was stated.

If this is not ok to say, let me know and I will delete it quickly.

Angel called the tip line right after he disappeared to share her photos and her experience with Noah being left alone and her experience (or lack of) with the parents. She received a call back yesterday from Pulaski County Sheriff's Office wanting to speak with her more about that.

This sucks. But I am glad the baby is being taken care of.

:2cents: It may be best now to not post information on what she has said/is saying as when/if goes to court, it will come out and not be perceived well to the jury if you are called or others testifying. Seen too many cases where they turn posting on social media into doubt....

appreciate your input... but now... IMHO... best to :shhh: and commenting on her actions, or if you think you will be called

:moo:

Life is not fair. Children should be taken care of. Loved on.

SABBM

So sorry, dyannaON !! * hugs *
A dear friend of mine and her husband adopted after being unable to have their own children... they were foster parents for quite a few years before this.
Their adopted kids are now in their early twenties and the oldest is going to be married this coming July.

You sound like a wonderful person and I hope your dreams will come true !!!

I'm not surprised. I knew something was fishy from the story in the beginning. I couldn't say too much because nothing had been said. I figured the mother was a drug user, too be so young and have teeth the condition they are in. I did try reminding myself to have an open mind and remember accidents do happen. Noah will live on in everyone's hearts and these two will not.

I noticed a couple of comments in the pressers, LE had said the parents were being monitored, and later LE said they were with them. We saw LE at the funeral yesterday, and wondering if they've been in house arrest, but allowed to go to the funeral. Is that possible?

Felony child abuse but no murder? That does not make sense. Unless it is not directly related to his death.

HOW HOW CAN PEOPLE ABUSE THEIR CHILDREN?

IIRC, they added murder onto little Owens egg donor and her BF after the fact.

Do you have a pic of her with her teeth showing? I haven't seen that.

I'm not surprised. I knew something was fishy from the story in the beginning. I couldn't say too much because nothing had been said. I figured the mother was a drug user, too be so young and have teeth the condition they are in. I did try reminding myself to have an open mind and remember accidents do happen. Noah will live on in everyone's hearts and these two will not.

Codes are also different:

Dad: 03/22/2015 FAM3808F6 FAMILY OFFENSE MINORS GROSS/WANTON/RECKLESS CARE OF CHILD F 6
03/22/2015 FAM3808F6 FAMILY OFFENSE MINORS GROSS/WANTON/RECKLESS CARE OF CHILD F 6

Mom: 04/02/2015 FAM3806F4 FAMILY OFFENSE MINORS CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT A 4

Anyone know the difference?

Here is the code:

A. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 who by willful act or omission or refusal to provide any necessary care for the child's health causes or permits serious injury to the life or health of such child shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony. For purposes of this subsection, "serious injury" shall include but not be limited to (i) disfigurement, (ii) a fracture, (iii) a severe burn or laceration, (iv) mutilation, (v) maiming, (vi) forced ingestion of dangerous substances, or (vii) life-threatening internal injuries.

B. 1. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 whose willful act or omission in the care of such child was so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony. https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-371.1

The first one does not include a willful act or omission that was so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life.

Mom was charged with the first one, dad the second. Clearly, there is MUCH more to the story than mom napping alone with the kids while dad is at work.

What did these two do?

So many cases of parents being involved in the deaths and injuries of their kids...we see so many here that is easy to recall the ones who were NOT victims of their own family members, i. e the two Jessica's, Shasta. But we lose track, Imo, of the hundreds, if not thousands, of those whose parents (or parents partners) were responsible. Not to mention those children never found. It can be difficult for WSer's who have been here a while not to suspect parental involvement. It does not make us horrible people, Imo...just too aware of the "usual suspects". Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14